PDA

View Full Version : UH-OH! TROUBLE IN STEELER LAND!

wutchy
01-18-2011, 11:39 PM
I was just drawing up some schemes and plays. I kept finding the same mismatch and advantage time after time.
I have 6'2" Ike Taylor covering 6'3" Braylon Edwards.
I have William Gay covering #10-[you know who] Santonio.
I have injured McFadden covering Cotchery.

figure the jets to work on Gay against Santonio.******************

I have Clark playing one deep to help any corner that gets beat on a double move or falls down.

I have the steeler D in a one deep robber, with Troy playing up and covering Tomlinson out of the backfield off play action fakes.

I have a LB - either Sam or Will - covering TE Keller.

I have an ILB blitzing, with robber Troy filling the space against the run or pass to Tomlinson.

Here is why i said "UH-OH". I keep drawing up plays that exploit Gay against Santonio, and Tomlinson against Troy, and Keller against Woodley or Harrison.
I just don't like those match-ups. Sanchez isn't a good deep ball thrower, so I'm not toooo concerned about Ike getting beat on a double move.
McFadden should be able to handle Cotchery, but B MAC is hurting. If B MAC can't go, that means someone like Mundy, Madison will cover Cotchery.
Another cause for worry.

The only answer that i can find is a 2 deep robber, with Troy and Clark deep, and someone like Mundy or Madison playing up the way Troy usually plays. But that is 6 DB's. Which means a 3-2 stack with 3 pass rushers, and 2 LB's. Both of which will be busy covering Tomlinson out of the backfield, and Keller in space - WITH HELP FROM THE ROBBER SAFETY - EITHER MUNDY OR MADISON.

That means we'll have to get pressure on Sanchez with 3 down linemen. With MAYBE little help from the robber- but when the robber shows blitz, figure them to attack the LB's with Tomlinson out of the backfield, or Keller in space. Whcih will put a lot of pressure on Harrison and Woodley's cover skills.

I can't find a coverage that makes me feel comfortable.

StainlessStill
01-18-2011, 11:43 PM
I was just drawing up some schemes and plays. I kept finding the same mismatch and advantage time after time.

I have Clark playing one deep to help any corner that gets beat on a double move or falls down.

I have the steeler D in a one deep robber, with Troy playing up and covering Tomlinson out of the backfield off play action fakes.

I have an ILB blitzing, with robber Troy filling the space against the run or pass to Tomlinson.

Here is why i said "UH-OH". I keep drawing up plays that exploit Gay against Santonio, and Tomlinson against Troy, and Keller against Woodley or Harrison.
I just don't like those match-ups. Sanchez isn't a good deep ball thrower, so I'm not toooo concerned about Ike getting beat on a double move.
McFadden should be able to handle Cotchery, but B MAC is hurting. If B MAC can't go, that means someone like Mundy, Madison will cover Cotchery.
Another cause for worry.

The only answer that i can find is a 2 deep robber, with Troy and Clark deep, and someone like Mundy or Madison playing up the way Troy usually plays. But that is 6 DB's. Which means a 3-2 stack with 3 pass rushers, and 2 LB's. Both of which will be busy covering Tomlinson out of the backfield, and Keller in space - WITH HELP FROM THE ROBBER SAFETY - EITHER MUNDY OR MADISON.

That means we'll have to get pressure on Sanchez with 3 down linemen. With MAYBE little help from the robber- but when the robber shows blitz, figure them to attack the LB's with Tomlinson out of the backfield, or Keller in space. Whcih will put a lot of pressure on Harrison and Woodley's cover skills.

Dude, you have not a CLUE how the Steelers are going to attack the Jets offense or vice versa. It's a moot point. Draw up Madden plays all you want, there's a reason why coach's stay up around the clock, 24-7 to work out their kinks. Until you "draw up" a 1,000 page full, telephone sized phonebook of schemes, then your couple won't really scare me if you feel there's mis-matches against William Gay, haha. It's ludicrous for you to to draw up your own defense when it takes even the players YEARS in the system to under stand the zone blitz packages and responsibility!

For the record, Ike is listed as our #1 corner back. His assignment will be to shadow their #1 receiver, which would be Santonio Holmes for most of the game, not Edwards. McFadden will lineup over Edwards and our Nikel guy, Gay, will lineup over Cotchery only IF they spread us out in multiple receiver sets. I'm sure the Steelers are going to use some safety help over the top of Holmes on occasion when we aren't stacking the box with an extra man to stop their ground game.

Fire Arians
01-18-2011, 11:44 PM
ike vs any of their receivers won't be a mismatch. he's usually good at shutting down tall wr's like ochocinco & TO so I'm not worried about edwards vs him. Santonio creates problems but bmac/gay should be able to handle him. we have good speed in our inside backers farrior and timmons who will be there to get in the way of short crossers that make santonio dangerous. if they wanna go deep middle to him say hi to ryan clark.

bmac isn't the best cover corner but he's a sure tackler, he won't give up the huge play. gay is not nearly as bad as he's made out to be. maybe people are just homophobic and don't like his name lol.

biggest question is who will win the chess battle between sanchez or polamalu? my money is on polamalu, if sanchez doesn't know where he is on even one or two plays, you can count on a turnover happening. jets fans better hope the kid is doing his homework in film or that LT/Greene can somehow carry the load for him (which i doubt)

Rotorhead
01-18-2011, 11:47 PM
They did fine the first meeting W/O Troy . . . So I am not too worried a out how our Def stacks up against the Jets Off.

wutchy
01-18-2011, 11:51 PM
I'd bet you any amount of money that you would want to bet that Troy won't be playing up. So there will be no Troy/Sanchez chess match.
Troy and Clark are going to have to play 2 deep. Even if Troy does play up on occassion, he will have to pick up Tomlinson out of the backfield or Keller in space.

IF TROY PLAYS UP, THEN CLARK AND MUNDY OR MADISON WILL BE 2 DEEP.

We're looking at 6 Db's. With 3 down linemen, that leaves you "2" - "TWO" LB's.

THERE - WILL - BE - NO - 3-4 - PEOPLE!!!

LEBEAU IS NOT RETARDED, HE WON'T TRY TO COVER HOLMES,EDWARDS,COTCHERY, AND KELLER WITH 4 DB'S. WON'T HAPPEN.!

wutchy
01-18-2011, 11:52 PM
I just double checked the rule book. We're still only allowed 11 on defense.

KingsOfTheGridiron
01-18-2011, 11:53 PM

That's why the Steelers have Dick LeBeau. :smile:

azJETSfan
01-18-2011, 11:53 PM

Another cause for worry.

*Cotch is no speedster, but usually a good hands WR

*Holmes is your double move threat, but as you know, he makes SPECTACULAR plays...& drops the easy ones it seems lately. Sanchize is a little better (with a little confidence early) at throwing deep than you are giving him credit for & getting better ever day.

*B Easy has become the talent & clutch player the browns thought he was.

You threat, quick slants & check downs in the flats. IF the Jets play smart, they shoot deep in the 1st series at least once to keep the D from creeping. There will be some Pitch & tosses with counters if your LBs get TOO aggressive TOO fast & dont stay in their lane. Also, Smith should be back (& While I must admit I HATE IT) the seminole will be back in the rotation. I can see a small twist this time though (they did it once & I WISHED they would have waited till post season to try it) & let Brad pass. Surprisingly, Sanchize has some HANDS ... it would NOT surprise me if they had him run a 1/2 ass route since no one covers him any way & chuck one at em 20 yrds from the nearest defender. (just my thought though)

Steelboy84
01-18-2011, 11:54 PM
Ike did a pretty good job last week and I see him doing well against Edwards.

Fire Arians
01-18-2011, 11:55 PM
*Holmes is your double move threat, but as you know, he makes SPECTACULAR plays...& drops the easy ones it seems lately. Sanchize is a little better (with a little confidence early) at throwing deep than you are giving him credit for & getting better ever day.

no, not lately. he's always been like that in a steeler uniform. Catches some dirt easy catches but makes some spectacular grabs. gotta take the bad with the good with him, which I'll say is a good trade off, he makes catches when they're absolutely needed.

Steelboy84
01-18-2011, 11:58 PM
I'm pretty sure Sanchez will see coverages and blitzes he didn't see last time.

VegasStlrFan
01-19-2011, 12:00 AM
so your worried that: Sanchez, Keller, Edwards, Holmes $ Crotch are better than Flacco, Heap, Boldin, Mason, & Housh.

I would take the Ravens recieving corps over the Jets, no shame in either

cubanstogie
01-19-2011, 12:02 AM
I'd bet you any amount of money that you would want to bet that Troy won't be playing up. So there will be no Troy/Sanchez chess match.
Troy and Clark are going to have to play 2 deep. Even if Troy does play up on occassion, he will have to pick up Tomlinson out of the backfield or Keller in space.

LEBEAU IS NOT RETARDED, HE WON'T TRY TO COVER HOLMES,EDWARDS,COTCHERY, AND KELLER WITH 4 DB'S. WON'T HAPPEN.!

I am pretty sure Lebeau won't be soliciting your advice. You can worry about it all you want we have played teams with better offenses. now all of a sudden the Jets are the Chargers of the 80's. Our D held them to 13 points last game without Troy. The only reason dirty Sanchez had any success was due to them running the ball on us better than anyone all season. We stop the run which we always do and force Sanchez to make plays then we will win. Sanchez will make mistakes if the game is on his shoulders.

Fire Arians
01-19-2011, 12:03 AM
i don't think we showed our hand vs the jets. that game was a absolute must-win for them, but wasn't for us. we didn't come out with a 'playoff' sense of urgency imo

azJETSfan
01-19-2011, 12:11 AM
so your worried that: Sanchez, Keller, Edwards, Holmes $ Crotch are better than Flacco, Heap, Boldin, Mason, & Housh.

I would take the Ravens recieving corps over the Jets, no shame in either

THAT is insane. R U serious wit dat? heap MAY be a wash (D Keller has upped his blockin skills) I will take B Easy/Holmes over Boldin/whosyamamma ANY DAY OF THE WEEK! I live in AZ...TRUST, he is more like a COTCH than a #1 & thats not homerism, Q got his shot cause Kurt was a slinger...no other reason. You want REAL 100? I would rather face THEM then Pits combo of TE/QB/WR ....also, ANY DAY OF THE WEEK!

HAWK
01-19-2011, 12:11 AM
This so-called "gameplan" is a case of Pro's vs. Joe's here. There's a reason these coaches on both teams are PROs are we're not.

Not to mention, and I mean no disrespect, our D has had pelnty of experience with many of the players on the Jets. Holmes - obvious. Edwards - uhhh..Da Browns. LT - 'nuff said. Plus, we JUST played them a few weeks back. It's not like they're strangers here.

wutchy
01-19-2011, 12:18 AM
It almost makes Tomlinson the x-factor.
He is a great reciever out of the backfield. How often have you seen him play that role in new york? Almost zero.
Ryan got him to get him into the super bowl.
Tomlinson says he is rested and fresh.
Figure him to get 25 or 30 touches.

tony hipchest
01-19-2011, 12:18 AM

:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

thats all i have to read....

whichway, you take yourself way to seriously.

we, on the other hand, dont. :popcorn:

SteelersinCA
01-19-2011, 12:20 AM
More doom and gloom from this guy. Are you sure you aren't Palin's PR rep?

FanSince72
01-19-2011, 12:39 AM
There's also a possible wild card in all of this and that's Smith.

If he's really as healthy as we hope he is, he can introduce a different dynamic to the D-line which may create more opportunities for Woodley/Farrior/Harrison and that would leave Troy to drop into coverage more often instead of helping out on blitz packages. Smith could also add some needed help in shutting down Tomlinson.

There's one thing I DO know for sure and that is that nothing any of us say or think is going to make any difference in what's actually done on the field and I for one am not going to be losing any sleep worrying about it.

VegasStlrFan
01-19-2011, 12:42 AM
THAT is insane. R U serious wit dat? heap MAY be a wash (D Keller has upped his blockin skills) I will take B Easy/Holmes over Boldin/whosyamamma ANY DAY OF THE WEEK! I live in AZ...TRUST, he is more like a COTCH than a #1 & thats not homerism, Q got his shot cause Kurt was a slinger...no other reason. You want REAL 100? I would rather face THEM then Pits combo of TE/QB/WR ....also, ANY DAY OF THE WEEK!

wtf did he say? try this http://www.hookedonphonics.com/

lionslicer
01-19-2011, 12:44 AM
Sanchez has only completed like 4 passes longer than 10 yards in the post season, so the Steelers will really be focusing on the short passes and middle of the field. Mismatches or not, they wont let a big play, they will force incompletions and stop the running game.

But the Jets are committed to the run, they will break some runs, thats what worries me. Troy and Clark attack the line of scrimmage so quickly, if a running back finds a whole and both safteys over run the play, the running back will have a lot of space.

FanSince72
01-19-2011, 12:49 AM

Dude, you write like Shannon Sharpe talks.

sarahpalinhater
01-19-2011, 12:57 AM

If I'm looking for a WR Duo to smoke more Weed then either Cheech & Chong,,,or in need of one to kill some more innocent pedestrians,,THEN I will call B Eesy and Holmes. But if I want a better pass catching duo, I will take Baltimore's twosome. And definitely take ours over yours :tt:

sarahpalinhater
01-19-2011, 01:00 AM

Yes you're so right. We HAVE to play Deep cause the Jets are such a great deep passing team huh ? I guess that's why Sanchez in these two playoff games has only 4 passes of longer then 8 yards :rofl:

And that's with him going up against two of the leagues WORST Pass defenses in Indy and the Pats. Seriously guy, do you even think before you write ?

ricardisimo
01-19-2011, 01:30 AM
You're "drawing up schemes and plays"?

Really?

:noidea:

I've rarely been at such a loss for words... It's almost embarrassing.

steelerjim58
01-19-2011, 01:43 AM
More doom and gloom from this guy. Are you sure you aren't Palin's PR rep?

Why even respond to any of this dudes posts?

Wallace108
01-19-2011, 01:49 AM
I was playing Madden a few days ago, and I used some schemes that were able to stop the Jets. Maybe I should contact LeBeau. :noidea:

Diamond-D
01-19-2011, 01:53 AM
Technically, shouldn't the title of this thread be "UH-OH! TROUBLE IN WUTCHY LAND!"?

I mean we have no evidence the steelers are having problems, but wutchy admitted to having trouble when attempting to "draw up schemes and plays".

Mods?

MasterOfPuppets
01-19-2011, 01:54 AM
You're "drawing up schemes and plays"?

Really?

:noidea:

I've rarely been at such a loss for words... It's almost embarrassing.
:toofunny: .... i hear ya ...what a goober !!!

i wrote a new bill on economic reform last night. :sofunny:

MattsMe
01-19-2011, 02:17 AM
Judging by the capital letters and tone of the thread title, I expected to open this thread and find out Rex said something about Tomlin's wife's feet, or Casey Hampton had lapsed into a diabetic coma.

You would think in a forum with thousands and thousands of threads and very few of them titled in all caps, a new poster would get the hint.

Lay off the Red Bull.

Rick5895
01-19-2011, 05:37 AM
Wutchy is just excited about this weeks game and if you read his posts on any threads he seems to be a little pessimistic. He's learned a few terms either playing high school ball or playing Madden and is trying to relay them on here as he thinks it relates to the Steelers and the 3-4 D. So what. He is just giving an opinion as many do in these threads. LOts of people come on here and say some off the wall things (some may even think I do) thats what a forum is for. lets read this stuff and be amused and move on or debate respectfully.

43Hitman
01-19-2011, 07:05 AM
It almost makes Tomlinson the x-factor.
He is a great reciever out of the backfield. How often have you seen him play that role in new york? Almost zero.
Ryan got him to get him into the super bowl.
Tomlinson says he is rested and fresh.
Figure him to get 25 or 30 touches.

Sounds to me like these Jets fans are TRYING desperately to convince themselves they have the upper hand here.

mesaSteeler
01-19-2011, 07:10 AM
Another garbage post from some desperate attention seeker. What is with this troll and the annoying ALL CAPS which is a violation of the rules. MOP please get out your ban stick and I'll putting this clown troll on ignore. Remember friend,

Do not Feed a Troll.

plenewken
01-19-2011, 07:19 AM
Another garbage post from some desperate attention seeker. What is with this troll and the annoying ALL CAPS which is a violation of the rules. MOP please get out your ban stick and I'll putting this clown troll on ignore. Remember friend,

Do not Feed a Troll.

+1

http://i448.photobucket.com/albums/qq202/philippelequerre/Miscellaneous%20pics/z185211697.jpg

colescott1
01-19-2011, 07:49 AM
Hmmm, and I could say their only real decent DB's, Revis and Cromartie, will be tied up with Ward and Wallace. OMG...that leaves nobody to cover Brown, and Sanders! They'll both have 20 catches for 300 yards!!!

Nah.... I bet the Jets have thought of this too. Just like the Steelers have your nightmare figured out as well.

Relax, sit back, and enjoy the game.

finesward
01-19-2011, 07:50 AM
Why is anyone responding to a guy who thought Heinz Field was too quiet?

f'off jagoff

Atlanta Dan
01-19-2011, 08:16 AM

Well if these matchups are causing you problems I know Tomlin and LeBeau will not be able to figure out how to stop the Jets without your help

Please forward any suggestons you have, by FedEx, phone,or fax, ASAP to Dick LeBeau and Mike Tomlin at:

Pittsburgh Steelers
3400 South Water Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15203-2349
Phone: (412) 432-7800
Fax: (412) 432-7878

Getting to the Super Bowl may depend on it!!!

grward
01-19-2011, 08:17 AM
i don't think we showed our hand vs the jets. that game was a absolute must-win for them, but wasn't for us. we didn't come out with a 'playoff' sense of urgency imo

This is exactly what I think. I believe that LeBeau knows who he might possibly face in the playoffs and knows when to hold his cards. Trust me, he didn't show his hand to the jets during the regular season. This guy is a mastermind with defensive schemes. LeBeau will put his men where they will make plays. Sanchez will come into the game with a false sense of confidence that will quickly vanish by the end of the 1st quarter.

MasterOfPuppets
01-19-2011, 08:29 AM

Do not Feed a Troll.
lol...i don't have a ban stick .....you'll have to talk to tony "the hammer" hipchese , or scmom (AKA .... the terminator ) :sofunny:

Curtain_of_Steel
01-19-2011, 08:32 AM
Luckily Sanchez is still the QB, lol

Jetsfan115
01-19-2011, 09:46 AM
Luckily Sanchez is still the QB, lol

i'm sure indy fans were saying the same thing, as well as min, cle, det, hou, den, and mia

yet sanchez has 4th quarter/ OT comeback vistories against all them this season. how many 2nd year QBs have 7 4thQ/OT comeback drives? none i can think of. also didn't ben win a SB in his 2nd year? i guess its sanchez's time

FanSince72
01-19-2011, 09:53 AM
Sounds to me like these Jets fans are TRYING desperately to convince themselves they have the upper hand here.

Good point and one that could be said of Ryan as well.

"Mr. Rhetoric" is strangely quiet mostly because he knows there's nothing he can pick on but more importantly he knows that he's not playing the same team from Dec 15th. He knows he got away with one back then and he also knows that that may have served to just piss off the Garthok and now it has a chance to even the score.

I think Rex is quite a bit more nervous than he'd ever care to admit.

Jetsfan115
01-19-2011, 09:55 AM

nah, i don't want the upper hand. jets play better when we are the underdogs. I hope nobody gives us a chance. just like last year they didn't against cincy and SD and this year they didn't against indy and NE

TailgateMel
01-19-2011, 10:15 AM
nah, i don't want the upper hand. jets play better when we are the underdogs. I hope nobody gives us a chance.

Umm.. not gonna get this wish, the media couldn't be any more up the Jets and Rex Ryans butt on this one. The Jets are the sexier pick.

In regard to the original poster - his thread last week about the "morgue" couldn't have been more off base when it came time to the loudness at gametime, so hopefeully HE WILL BE EVEN MORE OFF BASE THIS TIME! COME ON MAN!!

(cuz what we certainly need is more all caps!)

Mel