PDA

View Full Version : The Jets defense blitzes more than 70% of the time

Steelboy84
01-18-2011, 11:46 PM
You think Bruce Arians will take this into account and modify his third down calls? Perhaps some slants and some short passes out of the backfield?

PhantomJB93
01-18-2011, 11:48 PM
lol "Arians" and "modify" in the same sentence.

Expect a draw with Mewelde Moore...or at least for Arians to call that and need Ben to step in and say "No screw that" and audible a good play.

KingsOfTheGridiron
01-18-2011, 11:48 PM
Don't know which way they'll attack the Steelers offense. This postseason, they've blitzed only like 26% of the time. They may stick with that... who knows?

Fire Arians
01-18-2011, 11:49 PM
mendenhall, mendenhall, mendenhall

Steelboy84
01-18-2011, 11:50 PM
Don't know which way they'll attack the Steelers offense. This postseason, they've blitzed only like 26% of the time. They may stick with that... who knows?

I have a feeling Ryan will be more aggressive against Ben than Brady.

Fire Arians
01-18-2011, 11:51 PM

he will have to. if you let ben hold on to the ball for 10 seconds without knocking him down you're toast

running game will be key. if mendy can have a decent day and force them to play run, they won't get to pin their ears back and blitz the entire game

KingsOfTheGridiron
01-18-2011, 11:56 PM

Possibly. Tough to say because they've had a lot of success this postseason. They were pretty average blitzing and getting to the QB this year. Either way, Ben can get it done so I don't think it matters.

Acerinox
01-18-2011, 11:58 PM
The Patriots really do suck and Tom Brady actually is gay

Fire Arians
01-19-2011, 12:02 AM
The Patriots really do suck and Tom Brady actually is gay

possibly the smartest thing i've ever seen anyone post on this board

:thumbsup:

Steelboy84
01-19-2011, 12:07 AM
I'd like to see BA let Ben start with a no huddle some time during the first quarter.

Foreign Alphabet
01-19-2011, 12:19 AM

I think so too. Brady is very able to methodically pick apart defenses by hitting a wide range of recievers, particularly slants and over the middle of the field, which the Jets took away. 3 or 4 of the times brady got sacked, he had plenty of time to throw.

As has been said, ben is a very different kind of quarterback, and giving him time will undoubtedly screw us over. I see a lot more blitz in this game than the last 2

HAWK
01-19-2011, 12:25 AM
It's kinda like picking your poison. You can argue both ways with Ben. He's kinda like Vick in that way. Brady isn't going to run 40 yards on you and neither is Manning. Ben just might. We've seen him do it before.

But I agree, I think all of Rex's sweet talk is basically saying he's going to blitz the life out of the o-line.