PDA

View Full Version : OK, your turn. Predict!

Mosca
04-26-2006, 01:34 PM
Enough punditry, enough analysis. Who do you think the Steelers will pick? Keep in mind that Cowher has not discounted the possibility of trading up to get the guy they really want.

I say the Steelers don't make that deal and take Nick Mangold at #32. I believe he will still be available then.

No way will they take LenDale White if he is available. The Steelers don't make players disciplined; they choose disciplined players.

Tom

Suitanim
04-26-2006, 01:36 PM
Ko Simpson

Prosdo
04-26-2006, 02:09 PM
I'm going with either Ko Simpson or LenDale White.

LeXX75
04-26-2006, 02:42 PM
I hope all these other teams are falling into this crap about White and he falls to us.We have been pretty lucky the last 2 drafts with Ben and Miller falling to us .....lets hope the trend continues

SteelerFanInCA
04-26-2006, 03:03 PM
If Lendale White is still there we should defintely grab him. That dude is a beast on the playing field. Parker & White could be a nice and scary combination for years to come.

Prosdo
04-26-2006, 03:10 PM
I agree SteelerFanInCA. The speedy Parker and the big back LenDale would be a great 1-2 punch for the Steelers.

RoethlisBURGHer
04-26-2006, 03:17 PM
If we trade up it better be for Lendale White.

If we stay at #32 I like Nick Mangold,the center out of Ohio State.We'll groom him and he can take Hartings place in a year or two when he retires.

Haiku_Dirtt
04-26-2006, 03:32 PM
I hope all these other teams are falling into this crap about White and he falls to us.We have been pretty lucky the last 2 drafts with Ben and Miller falling to us .....lets hope the trend continues

Couldn't agree more. There is a huge difference in being a kid still and being a problem child. If his lack of "Jerry Rice" dedication can translate into a college career 5.8 yd ave. and 55 touchdowns while sharing the rock with Reggie Bush then I'm buying it. As a true freshman he averaged 5.3 - a freaking kid.

I think we should beg, fight and steal our way up the board to get LenDale. Don't believe the anti-hype...he's not falling into the second round.

Haiku_Dirtt
04-26-2006, 03:37 PM
If we trade up it better be for Lendale White.

If we stay at #32 I like Nick Mangold,the center out of Ohio State.We'll groom him and he can take Hartings place in a year or two when he retires.

What do we do with Chukky? Dude has been cooling his heels on the bench for what? six or seven seasons. I wouldn't turn my back on the future fourth center in nearly four decades but they just dedicated sizable salaries with the horses in the stable. And I don't know if I would want talent like Mangold gunslinging on special teams.

rowedf
04-26-2006, 04:00 PM
I think if we trade up it is going to be for one of three players:

Santonio Holmes, Donte Whitner, or Lendale White

The guy that they might grab without trading for is Darnell Bing, his stock is really climbing. Another scenerio I could see happening is sitting on the 32nd pick, taking mangold, then trading up in the 2nd to take Bing.

If I have to go with one I'll go with Lendale White because they should only need to move into the 26th spot to get him. Holmes and Whinter will prolly go between 22-25

Black@Gold Forever32
04-26-2006, 04:01 PM
The great thing about our team right now we don't have any major needs. Our Steelers will be reloading to defend the title. We could go so many ways with our first round pick. Nick Mangold would be a good pick at 32 if there. Also LenDale White if he falls to 32 would be the power back to fit our system. I liked White alot before the questions about his work ethic and the knocks on him for being out of shape. We don't need any Plax type of attitudes on our team. So I say pass on him. I don't think he will be there at 32 anyway.

I think safety will be look at as well in the first round. I love Donte Whitner from Ohio State. He can play all the secondary positions but will be a free safety for us. I also like Daniel Bullocks from Nebraska. That kid can ball and he will be a player. Plus Bullocks has a great work ethic and no questions about his character. Which are always important in the Steelers eyes.

Another player that could be there at 32 is Bobby Carpenter. Can play all the LB spots in a 3-4. Lets face it you can never have enough LB when running a 3-4 defense. Rodrique Wright the DT from Texas would be an interesting pick. Wright would switch to DE since we use the 3-4. Wright could be another Richard Seymour. But will he is the question. Some question his desire. So thats the knock on him and why he will there at 32 or even the second round.

Now for what I would like to see with our first round pick. Since we have 10 picks. I say try to trade up in the first. I don't see 10 draft picks making our roster anyway. If we do trade I would like to get one of the two top recievers in the draft.

I like Chad Jackson and Santonio Holmes alot. Jackson had an impressive combine. Plus has the height and speed to be a great deep threat for us. Holmes is under 6 foot. But this kid reminds me of Steve Smith from the Panthers. Holmes is explosive and very dangerous in the open field. Plus he can return punts.

Hey I will be thrilled no matter what the Steelers do. They should be able to get a good player no matter what in the first round.

Black and Gold Forever 32

RoethlisBURGHer
04-26-2006, 04:09 PM
What do we do with Chukky? Dude has been cooling his heels on the bench for what? six or seven seasons. I wouldn't turn my back on the future fourth center in nearly four decades but they just dedicated sizable salaries with the horses in the stable. And I don't know if I would want talent like Mangold gunslinging on special teams.

I love Chukky,he's a ST monster...but I like Mangold as the starting center better than Chukky.

clevestinks
04-26-2006, 04:40 PM
I`m crossing my fingers, for Staley to be healthy! And I`m going with Carpenter

Suitanim
04-26-2006, 08:11 PM
Carpenter COULD fall, since the Giants signed Arrington, and they had a bead on Carpenter. I think they'll still take him, though...

clevestinks
04-26-2006, 08:13 PM
Carpenter COULD fall, since the Giants signed Arrington, and they had a bead on Carpenter. I think they'll still take him, though...
I`m thinking like you, that the Giants will jump all over him. But we`ll have to wait and see.

SCSteeler4Life
04-26-2006, 08:44 PM
Why did we resigh Chucky, we don't need Mangold. I like Whitner or J. Allen, but if Lendale falls to us I think we take him. I also like Carpenter. We have a great problem we don't have to draft a certain position, just the best available player. I think we will trade our 2nd and our 4th pics to get a higher 2nd round pick we need to be in the top 10 or 15 in the second to get a good player , I think the drop off after that is huge.

Hines86Ward
04-27-2006, 01:12 PM
If LenDale is available get him, if not then trade down for an extra 2nd or 3rd rounder. I would love to see the Steelers get Martin Nance from Miami (OH) in the late 2nd or 3rd rounds. He's tall (6'4), has amazing hands, and roomed with Big Ben in college.

Blitzburgh55
04-28-2006, 08:48 AM
I say we get Lendale White

83-Steelers-43
04-28-2006, 09:52 AM
Sinore Moss.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-28-2006, 09:06 PM
Moss or White..those are my 2 thoughts... Both need positions that we have set starters in so they can learn as they go along at a nice pace.