PDA

View Full Version : Harbaugh - Ravens Outplay Steelers "Most Of The Time"

Atlanta Dan
01-19-2011, 11:34 AM
More wisdom from the one and only John Harbaugh in today's Baltimore Sun

Ravens looking up at 'Gold' standard

Set to play in their 15th AFC championship game – the most by any team since 1970 – and owners of five AFC North titles since the current four-team configuration was finalized for the 2002 season, the Pittsburgh Steelers have literally set the “gold” standard for the rest of the division.

But not so fast - Coach Harbaugh has some thoughts on that:chuckle:

"I think we’ve outplayed them most of the time we’ve played them. Yet we’ve won two out of eight because we’ve allowed them to make the plays that have turned the game."

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/2011/01/ravens_looking_up_at_gold_standard.html#more

So you are 2-6 (0-6 when Roethlisberger plays) but you have outplayed the Steelers if you don't count the significant plays that have decided the game - got it

Maybe Harbaugh posted here as bobby jr. :noidea:

This guy is in serious denial.

4xSBChamps
01-19-2011, 11:40 AM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/funny%20pictures/TinFoilHatCat.jpg

OX1947
01-19-2011, 11:41 AM
This dipstick still yapping? If it weren't for that fat (bleep) Kemo going offsides 10 times in week 4, backing the steelers to the ahole of the end zone, Ravens would have lost with our 4th string QB. Maybe he should go learn how to "not let" his players become chokers when it matters then maybe he they wont "allow" themselves to give games away.

Steelboy84
01-19-2011, 11:43 AM
Waaaaaah, that's all I hear coming from him.

vasteeler
01-19-2011, 12:08 PM
:coffee: what ever helps him sleep better

steelerchad
01-19-2011, 12:22 PM
Wow. I hope he's not counting last week as a game the Ravens "outplayed" the Steelers. You don't "outplay" anyone in this league with 126 yards of total offense. The Ravens did nothing at all on offense. We gave them 14 points with the 2 fumbles, one returned in for the TD and the other one on our 16 yard line I think. Their first TD was aided by a 33 yard pass interference call on 3rd and long and the field goal was set up with field position starting at our 28 with the punt return.

Outplayed- That's laughable.

Buddha Bus
01-19-2011, 12:24 PM
:coffee: what ever helps him sleep better

These things probably would help:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31Qw1xEYhLL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

His "pacifier".

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/310IRsBoJpL.jpg

An official Joe Flacco teddy bear with jersey displaying how many Super Bowls he will win.

http://hobbysewer.ca/images/IMG_3657.JPG

A purple Ravens baby blankey.

http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt117/RGB1961/CrownRoyal.jpg

Lots and lots of this will help him to sleep. Just ask Hindes! :wink02:

StainlessStill
01-19-2011, 12:28 PM
Too bad "outplays" doesn't win football games. TOUCHDOWNS DO, which means.. I don't know... scoring more points? Man what tools in Baltimore. I'm glad this moron is coaching our biggest rival within the division. It's stupid comments like this that makes it much more SWEET. Seriously, he needs to re-watch that game and take a good hard look at all those dropped pass's, interceptions and fumbles his team had last week and get back to us!

harrison'samonster
01-19-2011, 12:31 PM
man if I was a ravens fan I'd be embarrased by Harbaugh at this point. Give it up--You lost!

Dino 6 Rings
01-19-2011, 12:31 PM
Kind of sick of hearing about the "ravens" collapse in that game.

Ok, so Baltimore gets the ball...at their own 35...1st down then PUNT

we get the ball at our 20...11 plays, TOUCHDOWN

so that's them "choking"?

oh but wait...

they get the ball...10 plays, then a 33 yard penalty for pass interference, 2 plays later they score..that's them "dominating" HUH?

oh, but here is the classic.
2nd and 10 from the 10, Sack, incomplete...wait...wait...wait...oh its a live ball! Ravens score a GARBAGE TD!" but that's them dominating?

Next possesion for Steelers, 3 and out...that's a good stand by the Ravens...very nice...clap clap clap.

Ravens, 5 plays Punt...so dominating...

Steelers 4 plays FUMBLE! Oh the greatness of the Ravens not choking...and being so dominant cause the Steelers made ANOTHER Mistake that we'll just call the Ravens being awesome!....

Ravens 6 plays Touchdown...

Steelers next possession, 11 plays later, Missed FG...oh so "awesome" by the Ravens.

2nd half...

Steelers get the ball...5 plays punt.

Ravens...1st play sack, 2nd play 1 yard, 3rd play FUMBLE! Oh no, Ravens Choke...nothing to do with great defense by the Steelers...

Steelers 2 plays later TD. Way to hold Ravens Defense...great job.

Next Ravens possession, 3 and out PUNT. Oh the choke!

Steelers, 9 plays punt.

Ravens 1 Play INTERCEPTION!!! Oh, they are so awesome and they are "choking" no way the Steelers D is actually responsible for any of this...

Steelers 4 plays TOUCHDOWN! Game Tied! How about that Ravens Defense?

Ravens ball...2 plays...FUMBLE THE SNAP! Now that...THAT IS A CHOKE!

Steelers 9 plays FG Good!

Ravens 8 plays PUNT

Steelers 4 Plays Punt...Ravens TD RETURN!!! But wait...Obvious Clear HOLDING! Penalty!

Ravens at the Pit 29...5 plays later FG. Way to go, drop ball in the endzone...

Steelers ball...3:54 on the clock, Tied Game...5 plays, its now 3rd and 19 from the Steelers 38 yard line...58 Yard Pass Play to Brown who was TOO FAST for your defense...also, penalty on the defense for illegal contact declined. 5 plays later TOUCHDOWN

Baltimore ball, 1:33 left in the game, 4 plays later...FOUR PLAYS LATER...turnover on downs.

Steelers Win.

But its all about the Ravens "choking" huh?

FanSince72
01-19-2011, 12:39 PM
So in other words. the Ravens outplayed the Steelers except for the times when they didn't.

That's like a boxer saying that he was dominating the fight except for the two or three punches that sent him to the canvas with his eyes pointing in two different directions.

There simply isn't enough tin foil in the world to deal with that kind of mind control.

43Hitman
01-19-2011, 12:50 PM
Lets hope they keep this coach around for a while.

Third Rail
01-19-2011, 12:58 PM
Yeah, I fail to understand how you "outplay" someone and still lose. Maybe you could make that argument if the other team won on a total fluke play, but even in those instances, the scores were close enough that the other team was able to win.

The Ravens outplayed the Steelers in the first half. I won't debate that. The Steelers then proceeeded to MOP THE FLOOR with the Ravens in the second half and win the game. And that's really all there is to it. Football lasts 60 minutes. You only show up for 30, and you get burned.

FanSince72
01-19-2011, 01:08 PM
Yeah, I fail to understand how you "outplay" someone and still lose. Maybe you could make that argument if the other team won on a total fluke play, but even in those instances, the scores were close enough that the other team was able to win.

The Ravens outplayed the Steelers in the first half. I won't debate that. The Steelers then proceeeded to MOP THE FLOOR with the Ravens in the second half and win the game. And that's really all there is to it. Football lasts 60 minutes. You only show up for 30, and you get burned.

Well to be fair, it's the same thing that we say when we try to explain what happened against Dallas in SBXXX. I mean how do we hold a team to just 60 total yards in the second half...and lose?

Yeah, I know... Neil O'Donnell.

But still...

MikeHaullace
01-19-2011, 01:12 PM
This goes to show exactly why the Steelers seem to always beat the Ravens:

Jim Harbaugh isn't actually paying attention to the game when played. That's the only explanation. Out-coached by the coach paying attention.

steeltheone
01-19-2011, 01:31 PM
Time to move on...

Buddha Bus
01-19-2011, 01:31 PM
This goes to show exactly why the Steelers seem to always beat the Ravens:

Jim Harbaugh isn't actually paying attention to the game when played. That's the only explanation. Out-coached by the coach paying attention.

John Harbaugh:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_QGeP6yWJwIk/TNLCpoNtVtI/AAAAAAAABBY/9OwT4q8u3rc/s1600/deer_in_the_headlights_look.jpg

Third Rail
01-19-2011, 01:32 PM
Well to be fair, it's the same thing that we say when we try to explain what happened against Dallas in SBXXX. I mean how do we hold a team to just 60 total yards in the second half...and lose?

Yeah, I know... Neil O'Donnell.

But still...

Meh, I try to forget that awful day.

43Hitman
01-19-2011, 01:51 PM
John Harbaugh:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_QGeP6yWJwIk/TNLCpoNtVtI/AAAAAAAABBY/9OwT4q8u3rc/s1600/deer_in_the_headlights_look.jpg

:toofunny:

StainlessStill
01-19-2011, 02:12 PM
For the record, if the "out-playing" teams wins games, then the Steelers would hover around the 15-1, 16-0 mark every year!

kirklandrules
01-19-2011, 02:14 PM
Lets hope they keep this coach around for a while.

Exactly! As long as he continues to think like that, the Steelers will continue to own his worthless azz!

NoFieldFive
01-19-2011, 02:18 PM
saturday's game....

Pitts was clear winner of time of possession, first downs and total yards. guy will never admit the best team won, he's full of excuses...

lionslicer
01-19-2011, 03:27 PM
When you look at it, the last Ravens game in the regular season, they would have won, but Troy really just came otu big in that game. If he misses Flacco when he blitzes, Steelers most likely lose.

This is usually how it is, the Ravens beat up the Steelers, then some big defensive or offensive play turns the game around and the Ravens just kind of flatline from that moment for the rest of the game.

43Hitman
01-19-2011, 03:29 PM
When you look at it, the last Ravens game in the regular season, they would have won, but Troy really just came otu big in that game. If he misses Flacco when he blitzes, Steelers most likely lose.

This is usually how it is, the Ravens beat up the Steelers, then some big defensive or offensive play turns the game around and the Ravens just kind of flatline from that moment for the rest of the game.

Thats the thing, we can handle adversity, they can't. And at the end of the day, that's what matters.

fer522
01-19-2011, 03:50 PM
Albert Einstein Quotes

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results

this dude is creazy

go steelers

NoFieldFive
01-19-2011, 05:09 PM

right but you can also say if the hit on Ben was flagged it's first and ten at the Raven's 30. if the hit on Miller was flagged it's first and ten at the Raven's 35. instead, both times the Steelers punted and should have been point opportunities if the flags were thrown on clear penalties

UMBC79
01-19-2011, 05:14 PM
I think Harbaugh's point is that there is no reason to blow up the Ravens because they played the Steelers tough and close, and that is true. All 3 games this year could have gone either way.

The problem facing both Baltimore and Pittsburgh in the future is that their dominant defenses are both two of the oldest in the league. As both teams have lived by hard hitting, intimidating, dominant defenses, what's going to happen when their star players retire or get too old. I worry that in a few years we may look back upon these classic Baltimore Pittsburgh games with nostalgia, if the teams both fall upon hard times.

Steelrule
01-19-2011, 05:15 PM
I just love the contrast betwen Harbaugh and Tomlin. Every time the camera is on him he's b!@#$ing about something. Every time you see Tomlin, he's as cool as a cucumber.

fer522
01-19-2011, 06:39 PM
he's as cool as a cucumber.

:chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

Fire Arians
01-19-2011, 07:09 PM
steelers win 'most of the time' though, i'll take that

Bob
01-19-2011, 07:27 PM
Alright I'm in enemy territory right now but I feel I must say it. (I'm a Ravens fan)

Even though, I believe Big ben is the most underrated quarterback in the league. Now I don't watch him every week but when I do, it is amazing of how he takes control of games. Ben is currently one of the top three quarterbacks playing.

Now on a defensive note, Troy Polamalu is the best defensive player in football right now. Every time I see his hair on the tv, shivers rush through my spine. He is the only player right now that sways the whole game by himself. (week 13)

After watching the game saturday, I realized if the Ravens arn't good enough to hold a 21-7 lead than they don't deserve to win the game. After that loss I'm pretty sure Baltimore's domestic violence rates skyrocketed, and we're still recovering.

But all in all I am pulling for you guys to win the Afc championship game(even though it goes against everything I've known as a ravens fan) because I felt that the winner of that game on saturday will win the superbowl. So good luck, and thanks for a hell of a season!

harrison'samonster
01-19-2011, 07:31 PM
thanks for the support, I can't wait for the Steeler Raven games to come next year, I hope Ward sticks around, if just to watch him play the Ravens.

Fire Arians
01-19-2011, 07:36 PM
Alright I'm in enemy territory right now but I feel I must say it. (I'm a Ravens fan)

Even though, I believe Big ben is the most underrated quarterback in the league. Now I don't watch him every week but when I do, it is amazing of how he takes control of games. Ben is currently one of the top three quarterbacks playing.

Now on a defensive note, Troy Polamalu is the best defensive player in football right now. Every time I see his hair on the tv, shivers rush through my spine. He is the only player right now that sways the whole game by himself. (week 13)

After watching the game saturday, I realized if the Ravens arn't good enough to hold a 21-7 lead than they don't deserve to win the game. After that loss I'm pretty sure Baltimore's domestic violence rates skyrocketed, and we're still recovering.

But all in all I am pulling for you guys to win the Afc championship game(even though it goes against everything I've known as a ravens fan) because I felt that the winner of that game on saturday will win the superbowl. So good luck, and thanks for a hell of a season!

thanks. if the ravens beat us I'd prolly root for them too. nothing to make a rivalry more intense between our teams if they're both playing at a championship level. I really feel that the ravens-steelers rivalry being as intense at it is makes both of our teams tougher.

HAWK
01-19-2011, 10:18 PM
I love how it always come down to the Raven "letting us" score, etc.

Wouldn't that be true of every team that "lets" the other team score?

Ignorant phuck. He should be fired for flat out admitting they're giving up and "allowing" teams to win.

GMU Steeler
01-19-2011, 10:26 PM
Who's he kidding. Harbaugh, your team had 28 net yards the whole second half As someone pointed out, I have no problem conceding that they outplayed us in the first half but the second half was all ours especially the third quarter where the Ravens had three consecutive turnovers.

Pentheon
01-19-2011, 10:57 PM
this guys a joke...they outplay us "most of the time" but were moving on.

tony hipchest
01-19-2011, 11:15 PM
their coaches have only themselves to blame.

with a 21-10 lead and a perfect opportunity to seize control of the game with their first possession in the 2nd half they come out on 1st down and pass.

result= sack.

2nd first down opportunity? thats right, another sack. so what do they do on their third first down? yep... another pass play.

this time joe flacco avoided the sack and threw an interception. :applaudit:

I can’t say that they’ve outplayed us dramatically in any game, and I think we’ve outplayed them most of the time we’ve played them. Yet we SUCK.

so we NEVER outplay them while they ALWAYS outplay us, and he cant figure out what it wrong. :doh:

what a classless, sour grape, prick.

Acerinox
01-20-2011, 01:50 AM
Reading that was kinda like watching the game again in fast forward. I rather enjoyed it.

dcbng
01-20-2011, 04:09 AM
You would think that Harbaugh hung around Holmgren in Seattle the way he is acting like he has a pound of sand in his vag.

Much like rayray throwing the baLtimre offense under the bus saying the loss was not the fault of the defense.

And you wonder why they can't get past the Steelers...sheesh.

tony hipchest
02-16-2011, 03:54 PM
john boy is still bitter, ignorant, and clueless-

Harbaugh said the tide-turning third quarter in the playoff loss to the Steelers continues to haunt him, and he once again said that it should have been the Ravens playing in the Super Bowl, not the Steelers."

I’m really disappointed with that third quarter. I’m ticked off about it. I still am," Harbaugh said. "I’ve said it before and I took a lot of heat for saying I think the Steelers were in our Super Bowl. … I’m going to continue to believe that. We should have won that game. We gave that game away."

what a classless dumbass.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/baltimore-sports-blog/bal-sportsblitz-harbaugh-flacco0216,0,850935.story

Farrior_roirraW
02-16-2011, 03:57 PM
As far as really dumb quotables go, the guy really keeps pace with Arians.

(This also half a reaction to newer comments on his vision of offense, Harbaugh not Arians.)

ricardisimo
02-16-2011, 03:57 PM
It's a good sign when our opponents have this sort of dipshit for a head coach. He will continually feed our players bulletin board material, while leading his own players to a complacent certainty that they deserve the division just because.

4xSBChamps
02-16-2011, 04:03 PM
I think the Steelers were in our Super Bowl. … I’m going to continue to believe that.

~ John Harbaugh ~

"... what color IS the sky...

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/TV%20shows/FraserCranehead-shrinker.jpg

... in your world???"

NCBlackWolf
02-16-2011, 04:13 PM
I just love the contrast betwen Harbaugh and Tomlin. Every time the camera is on him he's b!@#$ing about something. Every time you see Tomlin, he's as cool as a cucumber.

Thank God we don't have a jagoff like that for a head coach. Tomlin would never make excuses or act like a victim about anything. How can the Ratbird players respect that JV coaching mentality?

Atlanta Dan
02-16-2011, 04:15 PM
john boy is still bitter, ignorant, and clueless-

what a classless dumbass.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/baltimore-sports-blog/bal-sportsblitz-harbaugh-flacco0216,0,850935.story

Always glad to see the HC of my favorite team's arch-rival accepting a loss with the grace of a particularly obnoxious poster on a message board - that has to make teh players certain their HC is under control - that team could crack if 2011 does not start well

Maybe he shouldn't have practiced his players so hard that week and they would not have run out of gas in the third quarter?

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/2011/02/mike_preston_issue_with_practices.html?utm_source= feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+sports_football_ravens+%28Rav ens+Insider%29
:sofunny:

I wonder if Harbaugh posts under the screen name bobby jr.?

LVSteelersfan
02-16-2011, 04:18 PM
Can't say I've heard Tomlin say anything of the sort about losing to the Packers in the Super Bowl. Dumb Schmuck Raven's coach just can't seem to grasp the fact that his inferior, overhyped team really is not that good. Ray Lewis is over the hill and Ed Reed can't stay on the field. Their LB corps sucks. The only players that could even think of playing for the Steelers are Ngata (great idea) and Suggs (god, perish the thought).

Atlanta Dan
02-16-2011, 06:15 PM
By way of instructive comparison, contrast Harbaugh's chippy coments a month after losing to Pittsburgh (again - the latest Ravens loss was not in Jets upsetting New England territory) with Ryan Clark's comments regarding the loss to Green Bay on Pittsburgh sports talk radio today that reflect the sportsmanship these games are supposed to promote

And that’s not to take away from the fact that Green Bay made the plays to win the game. I said that after the game…people were asking if this was a situation where Green Bay winning or you losing. And it’s disrespectful to say that a team that won the Super Bowl was given the game. They won the football game; they made the plays. They had a quarterback make more pin-point accurate throws than I’ve ever seen against a team that was actually putting pressure on him. It’s not like our guys weren’t getting there because they were. So they made the plays to win the football game. So you’ve got to give them credit. They were the best team in the NFL.”

http://sportsradiointerviews.com/2011/02/16/2011-nfl-lockout-ryan-clark-sounds-off-on-ridiculous-offers-lack-of-incentive-for-owners-to-negotiate-quickly/

The stereotype is the mature coach sets a standard of adult behavior and the immature player makes the ignorant statement - not in Baltimore, where Harbaugh was shooting his mouth off about Pittsburgh even before the December loss - if he says this in public imagine what he is like in private

bornaSteelersfan
02-16-2011, 06:31 PM
John Harbaugh still has sour grapes from seeing his little brother get beat in the 1995-96 AFC Championship game.

steelerchad
02-16-2011, 07:36 PM
I love this kind of crap. It's actually a little embarrassing and very unbecoming of someone in his position. I just feel like a head coach of an NFL team should be above this. Really glad this douche isn't our coach, not that the Rooney's would have ever made that mistake.

JEFF4i
02-16-2011, 07:57 PM
And you lose "Most of the Time." Funny how that is.

steelerchad
02-16-2011, 08:54 PM
And you lose "Most of the Time." Funny how that is.

Yeah. I find it interesting that Harbaugh says his team outplays the Steelers. Maybe he is actually stepping up and taking the blame for bad coaching since his team is playing so well. Nah, that's not Mr. Douchebag's style. His style is more of the "it's always someone else's fault" type.

JEFF4i
02-16-2011, 10:46 PM
Hear any Steelers saying, "We are more talented than the Packers."

No. Even if we are. That's not the point, y'know? The fact of the matter is that we lost, that's all that ever matters, that's all that ever will matter.

4xSBChamps
02-16-2011, 10:51 PM
Hear any Steelers saying, "We are more talented than the Packers."

I'd like to think that Tomlin, or somebody named 'Rooney', would pull that player aside, and adjust his attitude pretty-quickly

:helmet:

steelerchad
02-17-2011, 07:25 AM
Jealousy is an unbecoming quality of an NFL head coach.

steelerschik
02-17-2011, 08:04 AM
Jealousy is an unbecoming quality of an NFL head coach.

I have a hard time referring to Harbarf as such. He is the epitomy of classless, a sore loser mentality, exuse maker and takes zero accountability for their/his own failures. I've said it all along, this whiner coach makes this a whiner team and as long as this sorry excuse of a HC continues his unprofessional/weak attitude, the Ravens will always be classless losers they are right now.

bobby jr
02-17-2011, 01:23 PM
Man, some of you guys seem to be obsessed with the Raven. I mean here your team just went to the Super Bowl yet you're worried about what Harbaugh said about how his team outplayed the steelers.

If you look at this with some objectivity, you can see that Harbaugh's point was well taken. Of course the only thing that matters is the final score. But we all know there are NFL games where a team can outplay another and yet lose in the end.

This year for example,
As I recall the Ravens led the first Steelers game at Heinz field most of the way, fell behind in the fourth period then Flacco led them to the dramatic winning TD. The Ravens were ahead most of that game.

The 2nd in Baltimore game the Ravens were ahead until the closing minutes when Troy P forced the Flacco fumble and then the Steelers scored the winning TD.

The 3rd game the Ravens were off to a big lead at halftime then collapsed in the 2nd half.

So yes in all 3 games the Ravens outplayed the Steelers most of the games if you look at the scores during these games as the measure of outplaying them. The Ravens led during most of all 3 games.

In most cases when a team gets off to a lead, they win the game. Falling behind then depending on a last minute comeback is not a good way to assure victory. We saw in the Super Bowl this doesn't always for Ben and the Steelers. Next year I would not expect it to work in the Pittsburgh Baltimore games either.

pete74
02-17-2011, 01:28 PM
Man, some of you guys seem to be obsessed with the Raven. I mean here your team just went to the Super Bowl yet you're worried about what Harbaugh said about how his team outplayed the steelers.

If you look at this with some objectivity, you can see that Harbaugh's point was well taken. Of course the only thing that matters is the final score. But we all know there are NFL games where a team can outplay another and yet lose in the end.

This year for example,
As I recall the Ravens led the first Steelers game at Heinz field most of the way, fell behind in the fourth period then Flacco led them to the dramatic winning TD. The Ravens were ahead most of that game.

The 2nd in Baltimore game the Ravens were ahead until the closing minutes when Troy P forced the Flacco fumble and then the Steelers scored the winning TD.

The 3rd game the Ravens were off to a big lead at halftime then collapsed in the 2nd half.

So yes in all 3 games the Ravens outplayed the Steelers most of the games if you look at the scores during these games as the measure of outplaying them. The Ravens led during most of all 3 games.

In most cases when a team gets off to a lead, they win the game. Falling behind then depending on a last minute comeback is not a good way to assure victory. We saw in the Super Bowl this doesn't always for Ben and the Steelers. Next year I would not expect it to work in the Pittsburgh Baltimore games either.

i thought we banned you. i cant belive you came back here after that brutal beating your team took at the hands of the steelers. what happened with that anyway? you gurenteed a victory not a loss?

steelerschik
02-17-2011, 02:19 PM

This year for example,

LOL, there was a lot you didn't expect to have happen THIS year during the Pitt/Balt games, i.e. didn't expect the Steelers to beat the Ravens in the POs yet again, etc. LOL, the only thing that I expect to see next year is the Ravens in the same place they were this year watching the SB, on their couches. :wave:

4xSBChamps
02-17-2011, 02:28 PM
i thought we banned you.

WHY does this turd continue to float to the surface?

steelerchad
02-17-2011, 03:13 PM

This year for example,

We all know who stats are for don't we? That's right, the losers.

We're not worried about what Harbaugh said, just point out his hatred and jealousy for a team he can't beat when it counts.

You're remembering that first game wrong. The Steelers led early with the Ravens taking their 1st lead with just 3 minutes to go in the half to go up 10-7. The Steelers then retook the lead mid 4th and then the Ravens scored the winning TD with 30 seconds left. It was a back in forth game with the Ravens never leading by more than 3 and trailing more than they led.

One could say the Steelers outplayed Green Bay and that if we hadn't lost the turnover battle we would have won. That may be true, but we all know it accounts for nothing anyway. You either win or lose. And when the Ravens play the Steelers they lose twice as much as they win. Call it chance, luck, or whatever you want. At some point the Ravens need to look in the mirror and figure out why they can't win the big game against their nemesis.

Atlanta Dan
02-17-2011, 03:15 PM
Man, some of you guys seem to be obsessed with the Ravens.

This observation on fans obsessing about another team coming from a Ravens fan who is trolling on a Steelers board a month after his team's season ended by once again losing to the Steelers

You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye. Matthew 7:5

:coffee:

SteelCityMom
02-17-2011, 03:27 PM
yet you're worried about what Harbaugh said about how his team outplayed the steelers.

Worried about and making fun of are two completely different things.

Oh, and to continually outplay a team means you beat them more than "every now and then". Everything else you said is just hocking up excuses for losing.

theplatypus
02-17-2011, 03:31 PM
WHY does this turd continue to float to the surface?

That's what turds do, float and stink.

RosettaStoned
02-17-2011, 03:59 PM
It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile, winning is winning.

http://cdn.everyjoe.com/files/2008/08/vindiesel1.jpg

TRH
02-18-2011, 05:16 AM
[QUOTE=bobby jr;922020]Man, some of you guys seem to be obsessed with the Raven. I mean here your team just went to the Super Bowl yet you're worried about what Harbaugh said about how his team outplayed the steelers.

Wow. What a stupid post. I wasn't interested in commenting in this thread until i lost some extra brain cells when i read this one.
1st of all, get off your high horse about the Raven's "outplaying" us. Bottom line, we won 2 of 3. If you can't win, yet you're saying you "outplayed" us, have your team move the F out of the way and shut up.
2..........obsessed with the Ravens. You must be kidding. Pittsburgh isn't obsessed with the Ravens (so stop patting yourself on the back and stop giving yourself so much credit...we care about a lot of opponents....you guys are starting to act like the Browns).

Hey everyone...
This is coming from someone who is so RIDICULOUSLY obsessed with the Steelers that he can't stay away from this Steelers forum.
One more time. Get out of here. Go back to whatever the Ravens forum is and hang out there and post there, as a fan.
If we were so obsessed with the Raven's, we'd be at their message boards (kind of like YOU lurking around here for no reason).
Sheez...

Lord of Lombardi
02-18-2011, 07:44 PM
More wisdom from the one and only John Harbaugh in today's Baltimore Sun

Ravens looking up at 'Gold' standard

Set to play in their 15th AFC championship game – the most by any team since 1970 – and owners of five AFC North titles since the current four-team configuration was finalized for the 2002 season, the Pittsburgh Steelers have literally set the “gold” standard for the rest of the division.

But not so fast - Coach Harbaugh has some thoughts on that:chuckle:

"I think we’ve outplayed them most of the time we’ve played them. Yet we’ve won two out of eight because we’ve allowed them to make the plays that have turned the game."

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/2011/01/ravens_looking_up_at_gold_standard.html#more

So you are 2-6 (0-6 when Roethlisberger plays) but you have outplayed the Steelers if you don't count the significant plays that have decided the game - got it

Maybe Harbaugh posted here as bobby jr. :noidea:

This guy is in serious denial.

Steelers will be the end of Harbitch. Just like there is no more COOPER at Ohio State..........We own Ravens and Harbite can't hang. We destroy Rat birds The inmates are already knocking him.

LW56
02-18-2011, 08:17 PM
Man, some of you guys seem to be obsessed with the Raven. .

Not at all.
It is your coach that is obsessed with the Steelers. His statement validates that he is..

Try and keep up.

ggoldman
02-19-2011, 04:10 AM
Harbaugh just seems to never have it together when Ben Roethlisberger is leading the offence

bobby jr
02-19-2011, 07:06 PM
I think that some of Ben's "last minute magic" mystique likely ended with the Super Bowl. He had a chance to work his magic against a depleted Green Bay defense with two minutes to go. He didn't get it done.

Next time against the Ravens defense in a similar situation will he have as much confidence? WIll his teammates? And will the Ravens believe they can stop him, based on the fact that his two minute offense didn't work on the biggest stage there was against the Packers, which cost Pittburgh a 7th Super Bowl title.

History show that teams which lose the Super Bowl usually don't do well the next year. There are psychological reasons for this. As I've said, I'd prefer to lose in the playoffs, as the Ravens did, rather than go to the Super Bowl and experience failure there. Both teams ended their seasons with losses, but the Steelers and Ben's was on a bigger stage.

Ben is a good QB but he is no miracle worker.

mcg24
02-19-2011, 07:41 PM
I think that some of Ben's "last minute magic" mystique likely ended with the Super Bowl. He had a chance to work his magic against a depleted Green Bay defense with two minutes to go. He didn't get it done.

Next time against the Ravens defense in a similar situation will he have as much confidence? WIll his teammates? And will the Ravens believe they can stop him, based on the fact that his two minute offense didn't work on the biggest stage there was against the Packers, which cost Pittburgh a 7th Super Bowl title.

History show that teams which lose the Super Bowl usually don't do well the next year. There are psychological reasons for this. As I've said, I'd prefer to lose in the playoffs, as the Ravens did, rather than go to the Super Bowl and experience failure there. Both teams ended their seasons with losses, but the Steelers and Ben's was on a bigger stage.

What are these psychological reasons?

Are the Steelers going to already have written off the season next year during training camp because they lost the Super Bowl?

"As I've said, I'd prefer to lose in the playoffs, as the Ravens did, rather than go to the Super Bowl and experience failure there."

I would rather beat my division rival in the playoffs than lose to them year after year. Say what ever you want to say to make yourself feel better. We will be the superior team next year just like we were this year, even with your "psychological reasons" why we won't be.

harrison'samonster
02-19-2011, 07:46 PM
it's not last minute magic mystique. It's not luck or karma. It's just making the plays when it matters. The Steelers didn't make the plays to win against the Packers.

So what's your point? It's been proven that the Steelers can lose? I'm not so sure Haurbaugh's going to use that as his pep talk going into the next Pitt vs. Bal game.

4xSBChamps
02-19-2011, 07:57 PM
... I think...

you fooled everybody here

:thumbsup:

steelerchad
02-19-2011, 10:31 PM

The Ravens are still the Steelers little Bi***. Until they prove otherwise on the field. According to you that was suppossed to be this year. I guess now it's next year. I guess after next year, it will be the year after that. There's always a lousy excuse and the promise of future dominance from you that never comes to fruition. I will bet that if you keep predicting it eventually it will come true.

tube517
02-19-2011, 10:41 PM
Remember Harbaugh has "it all figured out" :jerkit:

Steel Peon
02-20-2011, 12:12 AM
So....Jim thinks he's "outplayed" the Steelers........is he counting, picking up a ball that most players on the field considered "dead," and running it in for a touchdown? If he is, then yes.....for one split second of ONE FREAKING GAME in the '10 divisional playoffs, the Ravens outplayed the Steelers. Whatadumbassplay........by the Steelers, of course. No whistle?......what in the hell does that mean? Stick your thumb up your pompous arse? If you're one of Tomlin's '10 Steelers, then the answer is....YES!

Holy shit.....this is about the one and godamn only play that I will give the Ravens any credit for being heads up enough to realize when their opponent, the PittsburghfreakingSteelers, have become too ****y and assumed that they don't need to pay attention anymore. ****iness be damned, what the hell happened the other 75% of the time? You played the best football you could, and got, literally, BEATEN into submission.

I've been called a sore loser when bitching about the XLV debacle, but Jesus Christ Jim! You've been thoroughly whooped twice in the playoffs, even after once being spotted 7 dumbass points, and........when did your team dominate?......I forget. Go ahead, blame your QB for all the losses.....I'd love to hear you say it. What else can you blame?............................................ ......................That's a lot of periods, and silence.....that's about all you're going to get.

So while you're at it, why not start making excuses for the '06 Ravens getting beaten by the Colts? Hell, you weren't even coaching then, just blame Brian Billick. Same team, different coach......anyone seeing a pattern? Steve McNair or Joe Flacco?.....Hell, I'd take McNair (God rest his mistress killing him soul).

So, come on Jim! The team's got weapons......some really good ones too.......just not as many as your hated Steelers. We made plays......awesome plays......despite your best efforts. You're a great coach Jim.......don't make me think otherwise.

Wallace108
02-20-2011, 12:32 AM
History show that teams which lose the Super Bowl usually don't do well the next year.
That's why the Ravens are fairly decent every year. They never have a Super Bowl hangover. :sofunny:

steelerchad
02-20-2011, 07:30 AM
History show that teams which lose the Super Bowl usually don't do well the next year.

History shows the Ravens can't beat the Steelers in a game that matters. Maybe Goodell will realign the divisions so the Ravens can avoid the Steelers altogether. maybe he'll put you in the NFC? This may be the next Ravens complaint. Since they complained to the NFL about the schedule, they haven't had to play a prime time game in Pittsburgh the last 2 years? Maybe moving divisions will be their next complaint.
Harbaugh should make a case that he belongs in the NFC West. I think they may win that division.

4xSBChamps
02-20-2011, 07:34 AM
Harbaugh should make a case that he belongs in the NFC West...

then, he'd complain about the travel, jet-lag, fog in 'Frisco, and high price of coffe in Seattle...

Lord of Lombardi
02-20-2011, 07:01 PM
And Japan was winning the war after they bombed Pearl Harbor...........

How'd that work out for them Bobby Poop stain?

Buddha Bus
02-21-2011, 03:15 AM
In most cases when a team gets off to a lead, they win the game.

Except in the REPEATED instances of your sad sack, suck-ass team dropping game after game this season late after having a lead, 2 of those being to the Steelers. I guess the Ravens outplayed all of those other teams they lost to late in the 4th quarter this year too? :jerkit:

Seriously, this is getting mind-numbingly embarrassing for you, Booby. The best thing you can do for yourself to try to save face is just to stop posting here. Of course, that would be bad for all of us because we would be losing our unintentional comic relief around here. You're sort of like watching a drunken, one-legged dog try to hump a cat. Just painfully hilarious.

smokin3000gt
02-21-2011, 11:34 AM

Spoken like a loser.

steelerohio
02-22-2011, 12:59 AM
then, he'd complain about the travel, jet-lag, fog in 'Frisco, and high price of coffe in Seattle...

yeah, but then he won't really be our problem lol

Set-Man
02-22-2011, 03:41 PM
There are not many people that I can't stand but this guy is one of them. He is very arrogant and a poor sport. When the Steelers came back and best the Raven's in the second season game, they whined about "throwing it away" and that the Steelers had no right to win. This went on for a week.

What about the first game when the Ravens won it in the last second? Did we cry that we threw the game away (for more than a day that is...)? No we kept playing, maybe they should do the same.

I would love to see Harrison lay a shot on this guy to stop his yapping.

I am so glad we beat them in the playoffs.

clevestinks
02-22-2011, 08:20 PM
hate all ravens