PDA

View Full Version : Beware Jets...Silverback is coming for You!!!

sarahpalinhater
01-19-2011, 01:17 PM
Okay that's it! I'm pee'd off. This morning, watching ESPN's " First Take " They were
all over the upcoming games this weekend. And I know they have to talk about Troy not being in the first gama. And I accept that his not being there was HUGE! However, when they proceeded to talk about the other Big time defensive players, they had a ESPN Poll to the viewers regarding who they thought were viable players to be defensive MVP players, they asked who will have the biggest " Impact " on his teams success this weekend.

1) Troy
2) J.Peppers
3) C.Matthews
4) Woodson
5) Revis

And look, I Like Clay Matthews....but what has he done that James Harrison has not ?
I mean Clay unlike Harrison gets to line-up all over the place. Never ever at the same spot. Clay isn't close to the tackler that James is, or the cover LB either. Look fans, I know we all have our own opinions on who might be the " Difference maker " this Sunday. And alot of us have selected Troy, and for good reason. But why do I have this funny feeling that " Silverback " is just going to have ANOTHER one of those great playoff games ? I mean ESPN not even recognising him is a DISGRACE!
I mean did they also notice he got 3 sacks last week ? And this while being CONSTANTLY Held more then ANY other NFL Defensive player in the league!

So Jet fans, I would start to worry if I were you. Cause I think Mr.Silverback " is none too happy right about now. And that never bolds well for other teams :tt03:

Third Rail
01-19-2011, 01:30 PM
The better question would be, what has Harrison done that Matthews hasn't? And the answer is quite a lot, actually. Matthews might have more sacks, but look at the rest of these stats:

Harrison:

100 tackles - 70 total, 30 assisted
10.5 sacks
2 interceptions
6 forced fumbles

Matthews:

60 tackles - 54 total, 6 assisted
13.5 sacks
1 interception
2 forced fumbles

MikeHaullace
01-19-2011, 01:31 PM
http://i.imgur.com/61ZIr.jpg

On another note, is it funny to anyone else how much Clay Matthews looks like a long-haired Brett Favre?

PhantomJB93
01-19-2011, 01:37 PM
Calm down, you do realize they're just including the biggest playmaker from each team right? Not trying to say Clay Matthews is a better player than James Harrison? They just made a poll with the best defensive player on each team and asked who would have the biggest impact...

Christ, some Steeler fans get too paranoid about the media not saying every single player we have is better than every single player on any other team...

sarahpalinhater
01-19-2011, 01:42 PM
Calm down, you do realize they're just including the biggest playmaker from each team right? Not trying to say Clay Matthews is a better player than James Harrison?

Christ, some Steeler fans get too paranoid about the media not saying every single player we have is better than every single player on any other team...

Sorry but you are wrong. If they are gonna have a list of players they say are the finalist for defensive POY players, to leave Harrison off such a list is Insulting. I used Matthews as an example cause as good as a pass rusher as he is,,and he is. Matthews is basically a ALL or nothing player. If he doesn't get to the QB, he is a Non-factor. As where Harrison does alot of other things. Like stop the run. Cover TE's in coverage. Force fumbles, ect. So it WAS an Insult. Especially considering the game he just ccame off of having.

PhantomJB93
01-19-2011, 01:48 PM
Sorry but you are wrong. If they are gonna have a list of players they say are the finalist for defensive POY players, to leave Harrison off such a list is Insulting. I used Matthews as an example cause as good as a pass rusher as he is,,and he is. Matthews is basically a ALL or nothing player. If he doesn't get to the QB, he is a Non-factor. As where Harrison does alot of other things. Like stop the run. Cover TE's in coverage. Force fumbles, ect. So it WAS an Insult. Especially considering the game he just ccame off of having.

Dude, this wasn't in ANY way comparing Matthews to Harrison, or saying Matthews is the best OLB in the game, or the best defensive player ever, it was just asking who would have the biggest impact in their game this week and gave the biggest defensive star for each team IE Troy for us, Matthews for the Packers, Revis for the Jets, Peppers for the Bears...

Stop reading too much into things.

MikeHaullace
01-19-2011, 01:48 PM

Your logic cannot be faulted.

LVSteelersfan
01-19-2011, 02:25 PM
The same logic can go toward Woodley. He has been a playoff monster. Nothing to sweat here. Any number of players on the Steelers could make a big impact because they are a team. I highly expect Ziggy or Timmons could make the big plays that lead to a victory as well as Harrison. I hope they use Harrison as a decoy and blitz Timmons, Farrior, Gay, etc. straight up the middle. Sanchez will crap his pants.

fer522
01-19-2011, 03:00 PM
Harrison never gets any love last week everybody was talking
about Suggs and the fuc***g ratbirds lost i don't think the media and the nlf
like Harrison and thats a fuc***g shame if you ask me

LegendSteel
01-19-2011, 03:07 PM

There's always going to be that anti-Steelers bias. It exists in the HOF and on ESPN. No matter how good they are, and whether they deserve to be mentioned or not, some people are always going to believe that there are too many Steelers always in the spotlight and purposely ignore them.

wootawnee
01-19-2011, 06:59 PM
Clay had a very good season........But i do not think anyone in there right mind would pick Clay over Debo.............Thats like pickin David Little before Jack Lambert......
But Clay deserves to be on that list with all his sacks........

TRH
01-19-2011, 07:28 PM
imagine if Mathews had played the exact game that Harrison played last week and made the identical plays. Thats ALL they'd be talking about this week, what a complete beast that Mathews is, it would be crazy
I agree...its been pretty shocking on the lack of coverage on some of the Steelers so far.