PDA

View Full Version : Tomlin scolds reporter for talking plays

colescott1
01-19-2011, 03:20 PM
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2011/01/steelers-mike-tomlin-scolds-espns-bob-holtzman-for-talking-plays/1

PITTSBURGH -- The New York Jets and Pittsburgh Steelers aren't doing any trash talking, but Steelers coach Mike Tomlin fired a zinger Wednesday at ESPN reporter Bob Holtzman.

Before the Steelers' playoff game with the Baltimore Ravens on Saturday, Holtzman reported the Steelers might use a gadget play.Mike Tomlin
CAPTIONBy Kirby Lee, US Presswire
"Two Steelers have told me, if they catch the Ravens in the right defense, they have a trick play ready to go today that they've never run before," Holtzman said prior to the game. He added it was a play on which somebody who typically doesn't pass would throw the ball -- and that it wouldn't be passing wide receiver Antwaan Randle El.

At Tomlin's Wednesday news conference, Holtzman ask him how much extra time it takes to prepare for coach Rex Ryan's Jets defense.

"It depends on whether or not you give him my plays, you know," Tomlin said with steely eyes and without elaboration.

After the news conference, Holtzman declined comment on the matter.

Against Baltimore, QB Ben Roethlisberger was the lone Steeler to throw a pass. Pittsburgh did run two end around with WR Mike Wallace for minus two yards.

Wonder who talked about plays? Players? Doubtful. Love the way Tomlin answered! :applaudit:

ricardisimo
01-19-2011, 03:28 PM
I'll go ahead and give one away: If the Steelers catch the Jets in the right formation, Ben Roethlisberger is going to throw a long bomb to Mike Wallace down the right sideline. They've been working on the play all year long.

LVSteelersfan
01-19-2011, 03:29 PM
He pulls no punches. If the NFL didn't make the players and coaches talk to the press, the Steelers probably would NEVER talk to them. They always try to bait players and quite frankly, some of them take the bait hook, line and sinker and give them sensationalistic headlines that end up on the other team's bulletin board.

joeyssteelcurtain
01-19-2011, 03:35 PM
This is the video its great. Its at the 1:35 mark
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-playoffs/09000d5d81dc9003/Tomlin-Destiny-is-what-you-make-it?module=HP_video

fer522
01-19-2011, 03:45 PM
i thought he was gonna go kick this guys ass
that was great

FanSince72
01-19-2011, 03:54 PM
BOOYAH!

Slapped that Bee-yatch DOWN!

I am so happy MT is our coach!

TurkJetFan
01-19-2011, 04:05 PM
I'll go ahead and give one away: If the Steelers catch the Jets in the right formation, Ben Roethlisberger is going to throw a long bomb to Mike Wallace down the right sideline. They've been working on the play all year long.

and the jets will defend it as they have been doing all year long :)

Jetsfan115
01-19-2011, 04:08 PM

that gets picked off by revis

lionslicer
01-19-2011, 04:11 PM

Who the tries to run it back, fumbles and the Steelers are in in field goal range.

joeyssteelcurtain
01-19-2011, 04:12 PM

Mike is going to run right past Revis. And then he will reach for his hamstring. He is good but overrated.

colescott1
01-19-2011, 04:12 PM
Which then is promptly returned for a pick 6 on the next play, due to another overthrow by Sanchez, (trying to throw for over 8 yards) and the "over-rated" #43 waiting and watching.

joeyssteelcurtain
01-19-2011, 04:15 PM
Jets fans please watch.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RitRBTAT9Qc

StainlessStill
01-19-2011, 04:19 PM
Did I just see a Cowher chin get involved? One of the first times I saw Tomlin want to knock a bitch out! Hell yeah.

mcg24
01-19-2011, 04:24 PM

Uh oh, a Jets fan that thinks Revis is as fast as Wallace. UH OH!

SteelCityMom
01-19-2011, 04:27 PM
This is the video its great. Its at the 1:35 mark
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-playoffs/09000d5d81dc9003/Tomlin-Destiny-is-what-you-make-it?module=HP_video

HA! I love it when he gets fired up! Definitely not a man you want to piss off.

Atlanta Dan
01-19-2011, 04:43 PM
Had to be one of the young guns on offense (Wallace, Sanders, or Brown) who inadvertently spilled the beans to Holzman about last week's gadget play, not realizing talking with out of town media is different from dealing with the P-G.

IMO Tomlin and team leaders such as Ward have told the younger players how to handle dealing with the national media coming to town as the games keep getting bigger

kirklandrules
01-19-2011, 04:45 PM
Looks like Holtzman won't be getting prime interviews from this team going forward! He must feel like an ass. Oh, this just in: Tomlin confronts Holtzman in the parkinglot ...:smack:

theplatypus
01-19-2011, 06:21 PM
Tomlin is the man

sharkweek
01-19-2011, 06:59 PM
Tomlin is, hands down, the best coach I have ever seen in regards to dealing with the media.