PDA

View Full Version : espn poll: who should steelers draft @#32?

tony hipchest
04-26-2006, 05:57 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/index?&lpos=globalnav&lid=gn_NFL_NFL (scroll down)

jason allen s/cb 29%
max jean giles g 17%
manny lawson de/lb 18%
gabe watson dt 16%
kameron wimbley de/lb 21%

38,803 total votes

if these are the choices i definitely want manny lawson!

same page also has video clip of joey porter in the battle of the gridiron stars "sea doo challenge" and "rapid fire" with big ben

clevestinks
04-26-2006, 07:11 PM
Damn we aint been talking about known of those guys!!!!!!!!!!1

Suitanim
04-26-2006, 07:30 PM
That's because this poll was written by someone who A) Knows little to nothing about the Steelers and B) Apparently knows little to nothing about evaluating NFL talent

Mean Machine
04-26-2006, 07:32 PM
Go for the best available player and don't look back...Steelers can take a Safety, OL, and if LenDale White is there, take a chance and snatch him up...They can just sit back and relax and take a player that won't cost too much...We seem to do pretty good late in the first round...

BB2W
04-27-2006, 11:34 AM
if these are the choices i definitely want manny lawson!
I agree...

clevestinks
04-27-2006, 12:11 PM
That's because this poll was written by someone who A) Knows little to nothing about the Steelers and B) Apparently knows little to nothing about evaluating NFL talent
WHOOOOOooooaaaaa, and I thought it was just me! LOL

Haiku_Dirtt
04-27-2006, 12:59 PM

This became chronic when we lost Plaxico. The general perspective was that we were a franchise in decline. I'd be :dang:

How do these guys get paid anyway? Food stamps.

And Mel Kiper :blah:

tony hipchest
04-27-2006, 02:03 PM
That's because this poll was written by someone who A) Knows little to nothing about the Steelers and B) Apparently knows little to nothing about evaluating NFL talenthmmm. interesting. i dont know who wrote the poll but

jason allen s/cb 29%- i havent seen anyone ranking ko simpson ahead of allen. infact ive seen alot of him ranked as the 3rd safety and #1 fs. 6'1" 209 ran a 4.39 (cb speed)

max jean giles g 17%- ive seen alot of him ranked as the top guard available.

manny lawson de/lb 18%-while teammate m. williams is considered a top 3 pick, lawson was selected as the teams mvp on the dl. 10.5 sacks 19.5 stops for losses in 2005 and 7 blocked kicks in his career. compared to jason taylor or javon kearse (not scrubs).

gabe watson dt 16%-"dominated the line of scrimmage so completely during sr. bowl practices he was held out of plays so that the offense could operate."

kameron wimbley de/lb 21%- 6'4" 248 4.61 "had 2 impressive games against 2 top ranked ot. debrickshaw furgeson (4 tackles including 2 sacks) and eric winston (5 tackles, 4 pressures, 1 sack)"

coming off a sb with most starters still in place we are in a good position to take the best player available. i disagree with the majority who voted for j. allen. i have a hard time thinking the 3rd safety taken in the 1st round will be the best athelete there. in most mocks ive seen atleast 4, if not all 5 of these players are gone by the time we pick.

Hines86Ward
04-27-2006, 04:39 PM
If LenDale White is there, then grab him....If he's not there, trade the pick for more 2nd & 3rd rounders....

BBC
04-27-2006, 04:44 PM
Go for the best available player and don't look back...Steelers can take a Safety, OL, and if LenDale White is there, take a chance and snatch him up...They can just sit back and relax and take a player that won't cost too much...We seem to do pretty good late in the first round...

I don't know about that. The Steelers have never drafted for the best available player, they have picked for their needs. That approach has seemed to work out okay for the Steelers ;)

SteelersNation7
04-28-2006, 08:09 PM
First off JAson Allen is somebody the guy can flat out play....but I believe the sTeelers could move up in the second round after we take White in the first.

STEEL-MAN
04-29-2006, 08:49 AM
Allen would be a great pick, he probably won't fall to 32 though. He's a Steeler type player, a guy good enough to start come Sept.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-29-2006, 08:58 AM
I know we'll be looking for DB help in this draft at some point, especially at safety..but in the first round???? This draft is deep in DB's, no need to get one in the first IMO