PDA

View Full Version : Roethlisberger shows Cromartie some love

mesaSteeler
01-19-2011, 06:29 PM
Roethlisberger shows Cromartie some love
January, 19, 2011
Jan 19
5:30
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/23576/roethlisberger-shows-cromartie-some-love
By James Walker
PITTSBURGH --

Question: What do Jets cornerback Antonio Cromartie and Ravens defensive end Terrell Suggs have in common?

Answer: They both dislike Tom Brady but really like Ben Roethlisberger.

For all the nasty and obscene name-calling Cromartie had last week for the Patriots' quarterback, the Jets' corner is doing a complete 180 this week with Pittsburgh's franchise quarterback.

"I love Ben, man. Ben's a competitor," Cromartie told New York-area reporters.

Roethlisberger continued the Jets-Steelers lovefest this week during his news conference on Wednesday.

"Well, I love him too," Roethlisberger said of Cromartie, prompting a room full of laughter. "I have a lot of respect for those guys, every single one of them on defense, because they're so good."

Suggs' disdain for Brady and respect for Roethlisberger also has been well-documented. Recently, Suggs hinted that Brady's three rings were tainted and called Roethlisberger, who has two rings, "a beast." Keep in mind Roethlisberger owns seven straight wins over the Ravens, which includes last week's 31-24 playoff victory.

But as Cromartie, Roethlisberger and head coaches Rex Ryan and Mike Tomlin have proven, don't expect many barbs leading up to Sunday's AFC Championship Game. Mutual respect and admiration have taken over this week with the Jets and Steelers.

LegendSteel
01-19-2011, 06:36 PM
After all this lovin going on, what if all of the players just hug each other and leave the field.

MikeHaullace
01-19-2011, 06:37 PM
After all this lovin going on, what if all of the players just hug each other and leave the field.

Not sure the new overtime rules accounted for that tie scenario. :noidea:

SteelCityMom
01-19-2011, 06:42 PM
My spidey senses are telling me this thread is going to go in all kinds of wrong directions. :chuckle:

pete74
01-19-2011, 06:44 PM
i gurentee the losing team wont feel the same way about the steelers after the game

LegendSteel
01-19-2011, 06:44 PM
Not sure the new overtime rules accounted for that tie scenario. :noidea:

The refs can put on jerseys and play a game of pick-up...that'll determine the winner.

mcg24
01-19-2011, 06:47 PM

James Harrison doesn't love anyone, he will still be playing.

LegendSteel
01-19-2011, 06:50 PM
Very true.

wootawnee
01-19-2011, 07:43 PM
James Harrison doesn't love anyone, he will still be playing.

Yep......Debo will set the tone early......Knock the love out of all of em......ha

nycdan
01-19-2011, 07:47 PM
I suspect Bart will leave his 'love' in the lockerroom as well. This has all the makings of a violent, knock'em, sock'em game. Wouldn't want it any other way.

sarahpalinhater
01-19-2011, 07:48 PM
Considering Cro has like 11 kids with 9 different women,,,he doesn't really need anymore Love in his life right now :-)

harrison'samonster
01-19-2011, 07:56 PM
is it just me, or are both teams trying really hard not to give the other team any extra motivation?

From what I've seen of Rex, I'm really surprised, he seems to do really well when giving his team that extra motivation. Of course, it really isn't going to matter, both these teams are too good right now for the outcome to be decided in the media game.

HAWK
01-19-2011, 11:01 PM
I think this will be the game that brings on Armageddon.

All this talk of make-believe "peace" is damn near biblical.