PDA

View Full Version : Standing room only tickets?

Pentheon
01-19-2011, 08:09 PM
Ive always got regular tickets, my cousin just called me n said someone was selling 2 tickets 100 each...whats the face value on these? Is that a good price or what would they be going for now.

MikeHaullace
01-19-2011, 08:13 PM
Ive always got regular tickets, my cousin just called me n said someone was selling 2 tickets 100 each...whats the face value on these? Is that a good price or what would they be going for now.

I'd pay up to $250 each for SRO if I lived close to the 'Burgh. Just sayin',

StainlessStill
01-19-2011, 09:14 PM

If you don't take these, I'll shoot you in the face! You might as well steal them for Christ sakes:chuckle: I paid around 215$ for mine and thought I lucked out! Esp when they are hiking in the 500$ ranges.....

steeltheone
01-19-2011, 09:32 PM
Payed 110 for the 1997 AFC CHAMPIONSHIP..........310 FOR THE 01 AFC CHAMPIONSHIP AND....... 250 FOR THE 05......... As you can see i am 0 FOR 3. Thats why i stopped going.

StainlessStill
01-19-2011, 09:36 PM
Payed 110 for the 1997 AFC CHAMPIONSHIP..........310 FOR THE 01 AFC CHAMPIONSHIP AND....... 250 FOR THE 05......... As you can see i am 0 FOR 3. Thats why i stopped going.

Stay out! Haha. Man, that '97 game was brutal. You could literally hear the crickets walking out of Three Rivers Stadium. What an awful feeling. Didn't go to the '01 or '04, thank GOD, but went to the '08 champ.

steelerchad
01-19-2011, 09:36 PM

I don't think they've sold any sro tickets. I believe the cheapest seats are $115 face and that's in the endzone bleachers in the upper level closed end.
Does he know the person. I'd question the legitamacy of these if you don't know them. I'd call the Steelers ticket office number to make sure they've sold SRO tickets to make sure.

LegendSteel
01-19-2011, 10:02 PM
Stay out! Haha. Man, that '97 game was brutal. You could literally hear the crickets walking out of Three Rivers Stadium. What an awful feeling. Didn't go to the '01 or '04, thank GOD, but went to the '08 champ.

01 wasn't bad because no one really expected the Steelers to do that well anyway, especially with Kordell...and it was fun just "riding the wave." Tom Brady was a nobody then also.

04 sucked because that was when "Spygate" was in full stride. I remember that being a brutal game and just sitting there thinking that this doesn't make sense with the way the Steelers manhandled the Pats in the regular season.

Steelerfan58
01-20-2011, 01:33 AM
I don't think they've sold any sro tickets. I believe the cheapest seats are $115 face and that's in the endzone bleachers in the upper level closed end.
Does he know the person. I'd question the legitamacy of these if you don't know them. I'd call the Steelers ticket office number to make sure they've sold SRO tickets to make sure.

Man I hope there in the closed end because if not he is going to stick out like a sore thumb camped up there on the scoreboard. :banging:

jjpro11
01-20-2011, 01:46 AM
if it's through Craigslist, or even Ebay, don't touch them.. as far as i know, the Steelers have never sold SRO tickets at Heinz Field. i'd be skeptical buying them even from a friend, because they may have bought them from someone selling fake tickets in the first place. stick with StubHub or the Steelers TicketExchange through Ticketmaster. that's the only way to be 100% covered.

steelerchad
01-20-2011, 08:46 AM
Man I hope there in the closed end because if not he is going to stick out like a sore thumb camped up there on the scoreboard. :banging:

Dude. There are now seats in the open end. over 4,000 of them. They put em in during the winter classic and kept them up for the playoffs.

TailgateMel
01-20-2011, 10:18 AM
Sounds seriously fishy to me... I have never, ever seen Standing Room Only at heinz field. They might actually tickets to a tailgate party.. I have seen that before on some ticket websites, that is some sort of party there outside the stadium and the tickets will come up as "standing room only".

Pentheon
01-20-2011, 11:59 AM
Thats why I made this post cause I never saw or heard about standing room only tickets for sale either...I just passed on em...

hopefully I can find something in the next few days cause i dont have 250 each ticket to pay right now.

crazy

Steelerfan58
01-21-2011, 01:24 AM
Dude. There are now seats in the open end. over 4,000 of them. They put em in during the winter classic and kept them up for the playoffs. I stand corrected then they now have seats in the upper level open end, wow :bowdown: