PDA

View Full Version : The reason I think we will win

DFWSTEELERFAN
01-19-2011, 08:23 PM
Mark Sanchez isn't that accurate. He has a career completion percentage of 53-54pct (terrible by NFL standards) and has more interceptions than TDS for his career. Last game, they got some cheap points and the Steelers allowed them to run on them. I expect we will stop the run this game and put them in obvious pass situations. An inaccurate passer vs a good pressure D in obvious passing downs, we should have the upper hand. We will stop the run this week....

Honestly, if we can avoid giving them "cheap points" (short fields + special teams Tds, and defensive Tds), I love our chances.

Fire Arians
01-19-2011, 08:32 PM
dirty sanchez isn't a franchise qb, and will be exposed on sunday.

DFWSTEELERFAN
01-19-2011, 08:35 PM
dirty sanchez isn't a franchise qb, and will be exposed on sunday.

I agree! Sometimes he misses so bad, I'm wondering who the heck he is throwing to. If we stop the run early, I think our D will start rolling...

StainlessStill
01-19-2011, 08:42 PM
I think people are giving this kid WAY too much credit. Fact of the matter is, is that he is still very much protected by his coaching staff and is still only in his second year in the league. He threw a plethora of INT'S last season, and the Jets needed to beat two teams that layed down for them last season to enter the post-season.

Regardless of what happened, he's NEVER seen a defense like the Steelers until now. That earlier game in December and the defense we ran was vanilla due to the fact that that was Troy's first game out and how we were without other components as well, let alone in an early 7-0 slum.

Sanchez will be in a hostile environment, one that makes opponents cry and the Steelers will go wild off of the home crowd. We will be roaming like MF'ers and confuse the shit out of him. If we can make them one dimensional, there's no way they walk out of here with a W. NO WAY.

RENEGADE BABY!

Steelboy84
01-19-2011, 08:48 PM
Mark Sanchez isn't that accurate. He has a career completion percentage of 53-54pct (terrible by NFL standards) and has more interceptions than TDS for his career. Last game, they got some cheap points and the Steelers allowed them to run on them. I expect we will stop the run this game and put them in obvious pass situations. An inaccurate passer vs a good pressure D in obvious passing downs, we should have the upper hand. We will stop the run this week....

Honestly, if we can avoid giving them "cheap points" (short fields + special teams Tds, and defensive Tds), I love our chances.

He is capable of making the big play though, like when he got away from pressure and made that pass down field to Edwards. Can't take that for granted.

bigchuck
01-19-2011, 08:55 PM
your stats of sanchez are a bit skewed, keep in mind he was a rookie last year. not saying hes great or anything, but he does manage a game and does his best to not lose games for his team

DFWSTEELERFAN
01-19-2011, 08:58 PM
He is capable of making the big play though, like when he got away from pressure and made that pass down field to Edwards. Can't take that for granted.

He is 27 in rating, 29th in completion percentage, 26 in YPP

I can't think of too many QBs I'd rather face... Just saying! The running game is carrying him. That won't happen Sunday!:tt:

DFWSTEELERFAN
01-19-2011, 09:00 PM
your stats of sanchez are a bit skewed, keep in mind he was a rookie last year. not saying hes great or anything, but he does manage a game and does his best to not lose games for his team

Ben completed 66pct his rookie year

Steel_Bus_24
01-19-2011, 09:21 PM
I think Sanchez is a good to great qb and will bring his A game..........

but the reason why I think we'll(Steelers) win.....is because we're a team in every sense of the word

The Steelers have been put together the way its supposed to be done.....through hard work, dedication, and grit

The Jets are made for Goodell/media/ new breed Fantasy football fans.......High Priced Free agents and big talk with so called "Star Power".................that the media can't wait to get headlines from....

The Jets are a great football team.....but it takes more then talent to go the distance.....people are going to realize this when we succeed where those other so called "best teams" failed

KingsOfTheGridiron
01-19-2011, 09:26 PM
I think Sanchez is a good to great qb and will bring his A game..........

but the reason why I think we'll(Steelers) win.....is because we're a team in every sense of the word

The Steelers have been put together the way its supposed to be done.....through hard work, dedication, and grit

The Jets are made for Goodell/media/ new breed Fantasy football fans.......High Priced Free agents and big talk with so called "Star Power".................that the media can't wait to get headlines from....

The Jets are a great football team.....but it takes more then talent to go the distance.....people are going to realize this when we succeed where those other so called "best teams" failed

Sorry, but did you just say Sanchez is good to great? Sanchez needs a running game to succeed. If the Steelers shut down LT/Shonn... Sanchez is ordinary.

ClosetSteelerFan
01-19-2011, 09:37 PM
The key to beating the Jets is to control the line of scrimmage, stop their running game, and their short flare and screen passes. They have a very talented crew (Mangold might be the best center in the NFL), except for Slauson (the right guard that they tried to replace Faneca with) their offensive line is very solid..... but their starting right tackle: Woody is out.... so they will be a little weak on that side. No doubt that LeBeau will have a trick or two up his sleeve on how to exploit that.
As good as Braylon Edwards seems to be, he's not what I consider a premier wide receiver. I fear Santonio Holmes a lot more. I know Santonio has head problems; but it's a shame, we dumped him for only a 4th round pick. Edwards will revert back to the bonehead player he was in Cleveland, and what a better time for him to do that than this Sunday.
With all the injuries on our offensive line.... I'm concerned that they will hold up for the entire game. DeVito, and Pouha for the Jets were pretty effective against the Patriots..... I hope Kugler can get enough quality time from the walking wounded to protect Ben long enough to get the job done.
Forecast is for a high temp of 23, and low of 15, and windy (not good for the passing and kicking game.
I can't wait for Sunday's kickoff.

Regards,
ClosetSteelersFan

MikeHaullace
01-19-2011, 09:42 PM
Mark Sanchez was arrested for raping a girl in 2006.

Fire Arians
01-19-2011, 09:44 PM
Mark Sanchez was arrested for raping a girl in 2006.

did he give her the dirty sanchez? :chuckle:

MikeHaullace
01-19-2011, 09:47 PM
did he give her the dirty sanchez? :chuckle:

What-what-in-the-butt style.

ClosetSteelerFan
01-19-2011, 09:51 PM
I think he got caught playing: "Who dropped the Chalupa?"
Hey, Pete Carroll ran a loosey goosey program at USC back then, and these guys were used to helping themselves to the "spoils". Another vestal virgin sacrificed for the team leader.

Regards,
ClosetSteelerFan

MasterOfPuppets
01-19-2011, 09:57 PM
just heard it on tv that dirty sanchez in the last 2 playoff games only has 4 completions beyond 9 yds.

Pac
01-19-2011, 10:01 PM
just heard it on tv that dirty sanchez in the last 2 playoff games only has 4 completions beyond 9 yds.

the 2 playoff games where the Jets beat the Colts and Pats on the road? :doh:

DFWSTEELERFAN
01-19-2011, 10:02 PM

Yeah, That means as long as we don't give them anything, they will have to drive down the field running / with one of the least accurate passers in the NFL vs the Steelers D. It's not going to happen. If we hold onto the ball and don't give them cheap TDs, we shouldn't lose. If we did, I'd be shocked.

dcbng
01-19-2011, 10:06 PM
I already listed about 10 matchups that are in the favor of the Steelers. One that I did not mention would be Aaron Smith returning, even if he backs up Hood.

Having him on the sidelines, in uniform, ready to play is a testiment to the man that he is. You have to love that.

Taylor may be out with a concussion, even if he plays, he looks like he is lost in the ozone, and I have seen him play, or attempt to play many times with the deadskins.
When push comes to shove, Taylor will ***** out.