PDA

View Full Version : Becoming a Steelers fan.

SeinfeldNut
01-19-2011, 10:06 PM
Hello to everyone, I will be moving down to Virginia in a couple of months and the thought of rooting for either the Ravens or Redskins scares me. I have always admired the Steelers, how they conduct their franchise, the way the team is built & the very loyal fan base it has always had. I have friends down in VA that say come be a Ravens fan, but I rather not have to go down that road. I would love to put on the black and gold and call the Steelers my team. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

SeinfeldNut
01-19-2011, 10:59 PM
Also I come from a family that has a Patriots fan (My Mother) and a Cowboys fan ( My father) who have over their many years tried to get me to become a fan of one of those teams, has never worked :)

Wallace108
01-19-2011, 11:06 PM
The Steelers are probably the most respected franchise in all of sports, not just football. That's reason enough to be a fan. And it doesn't hurt that they're competitive year after year. But don't look to anyone else to convince you to be a fan. Follow your heart. And welcome to the board. :drink:

SeinfeldNut
01-19-2011, 11:11 PM
Thank you very much for that advice & welcome. And my heart is telling me, join Steeler nation, it just feels like the right thing to do.

MikeHaullace
01-20-2011, 02:49 AM
If you're not willing to buy and wear multiple jerseys at any time of the year... (see: China. ~$20 shipped)

If you're not willing to wave a grungy (eventually) yellowish/orange-ish/brownish towel (tears 'n beers) with reckless abandon over your head while screaming like a banshee hopped up on PCP...

If you're not ready to lose rediculous bets that involve wearing dresses in public places or other such shenanigans, solely to defend the honor of your black-and-gold...

If you're not strong enough to lift up to 75 lbs. 25% of the time...

If you're not prepared to devote your life to the team and live vicariously through them for years to come...

This team might not be right for you.

Otherwise... Welcome, brother in SN. :tt03:

SeinfeldNut
01-20-2011, 09:43 AM
If you're not willing to buy and wear multiple jerseys at any time of the year... (see: China. ~$20 shipped)

If you're not willing to wave a grungy (eventually) yellowish/orange-ish/brownish towel (tears 'n beers) with reckless abandon over your head while screaming like a banshee hopped up on PCP...

If you're not ready to lose rediculous bets that involve wearing dresses in public places or other such shenanigans, solely to defend the honor of your black-and-gold...

If you're not strong enough to lift up to 75 lbs. 25% of the time...

If you're not prepared to devote your life to the team and live vicariously through them for years to come...

This team might not be right for you.

Otherwise... Welcome, brother in SN. :tt03:

Well I am ready to do all those things for the rest of my life and thank you for the welcome Steelers Nation!

SeinfeldNut
01-20-2011, 05:22 PM
Want to thank everyone for welcoming me onto this message board & as a new Steelers fan. I am so proud to be a fan of such a respected & well run organization. I look forward to many years of watching, posting & talking about Steelers football!