PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday update (NFL from the sidelines)

mesaSteeler
01-19-2011, 10:56 PM
NFL from the sidelines
http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/
After hobnobbing around the NFL in the press boxes and sidelines, sports reporter Dale Lolley will let you know the insider scoop. Dale can also be heard on Tuesday nights throughout the season from 7 to 9 p.m. on WBGG 970-AM.
Wednesday, January 19, 2011
Wednesday update

Aaron Smith practiced on a limited basis today and it doesn't look all too promising for him to suit up on Sunday for the AFC Championship against the Jets.

Of the Steelers who did not practice Wednesday, only Will Allen (knee) is not expected to be ready to go.

The Jets are a little more banged up than the Steelers.

Defensive end Jason Taylor (concussion) did not practice Wednesday. Cornerbacks Darrelle Revis (hamstring), Drew Coleman (knee), safety James Ihedigbo (knee, ankle) and wide receiver Brad Smith (groin) were limited in practice.

I saw today that Santonio Holmes said that if the Jets win the Super Bowl, it would be a "slap" in the face to the Steelers.

I don't know about that.

I've heard nothing but good things about him from his former teammates and coaches.

But does Holmes really think he gave the Steelers any choice but to get rid of him after his second failed drug test and then telling fans on his Twitter account that he hoped they died and he owed them nothing?

Apparently, Mike Tomlin was a little ticked off at ESPN's Bob Holtzman for reporting the Steelers planned to use a trick play if they got a certain look on defense against Baltimore.

Holtzman wrote his report citing two unnamed Steelers players and did not give away either the trick play or the look.

But when Holtzman asked Tomlin how much extra time it takes to prepare for the Jets and Rex Ryan, Tomlin replied, "It depends on whether or not you give him my plays."

Tomlin should focus his anger on the players that let the cat out of the bag with Holtzman.

sarahpalinhater
01-19-2011, 11:35 PM
If Allen can't go, then I hope they deactivate him, and place Woirlds on the team. He will help on ST and occasional passing down plays.

TRH
01-19-2011, 11:49 PM
thats cool what Mike said to Holtzman. True, the players were stupid for even mentioning it to him, but as a "code" he never should have went public with that....there was no reason to at the time.
I knew they wouldn't even show the look of the play on the field after that.

Santonio needs to keep smoking the good stuff and keep believing that he matters. Most of us dont' care that he's not here anymore.