PDA

View Full Version : Message for those who thinks that Santonio will help Jets D to prepare against our O

ricksteelers55
01-19-2011, 10:58 PM
Yeah Santonio knows our D and could help the Jets D this week,but dont forget one thing,Whisenhunt knew our D too in the Superbowl it didnt change the fact that we won the game even though he had one of the best set of receivers and one of the best QBs of the NFL.

Overall I think it will be a matter of who plays the best between Roethlisberger and Sanchez.

SteelerEmpire
01-19-2011, 11:05 PM
Yeah Santonio knows our D and could help the Jets D this week,but dont forget one thing,Whisenhunt knew our D too in the Superbowl it didnt change the fact that we won the game even though he had one of the best set of receivers and one of the best QBs of the NFL.

Overall I think it will be a matter of who plays the best between Roethlisberger and Sanchez.

The Wiz didn't smoke as many "blunts" as Holmes either... Holmes can only tell them what that drug will allow him to remember...

mcg24
01-19-2011, 11:08 PM
I think this idea is getting blown way the hell out of proportion. Santonio is not going to do anything for them off the field. If it were a head coach or a QB, I would be a little concerned, but a WR? Really? And one as intelligent (or not so intelligent I guess I should say) as Santonio? Give me a break, this guy doesn't even remember what week they played the Steelers in let alone our offensive plays from last year.

Pac
01-19-2011, 11:09 PM
This one is a bit overrated... Rex knows as much about your D if not more than Santonio does. Where Holmes may assist is pointing out some of the defensive players individual tendencies rather than providing insight into the scheme.

toughsticks87
01-20-2011, 12:20 AM
I will forever love Santanio, but I don't think he can provide anything that film will already give away.

lionslicer
01-20-2011, 12:34 AM
This idea is old, teams always try to use a player from another team to get the edge. Giants played the Colts earlier this season, Giants had colts backup quarterback who knew the signs as well as Peyton and was working with the defense in the film room.... Colts scored like 4 touchdowns.. So obviously it doesn't help to have a player who played for the team you're facing

scsteeler
01-20-2011, 04:50 AM
And no matter how much holmes tells the team will never be able to soak it all in and practice a true game plan and also do you think Tomlin and Lebeau not realize that Santonio could give a few tips to the Team and have planned for this.