PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know who the officials will be ?

sarahpalinhater
01-19-2011, 10:55 PM
I was just wondering, cause I heard a rumor of who it will be...anyone else have any ideas ?

SeinfeldNut
01-19-2011, 10:58 PM
I would take a guess and say Ed Hochuli?

nycdan
01-19-2011, 11:00 PM
Good guess.

Referee- Ed Hochuli
Umpire- Garth DeFelice (Blakeman)
HL- Mark Hittner (Hochuli)
LJ- Tom Symonette (Hochuli)
SJ- Laird Hayes (Carey)
BJ- Dino Paganelli (Steratore)
FJ- Bob Waggoner (Steratore)
ALT Referee- Ron Winter
ALT FJ- Boris Cheek (Cheffers)

SeinfeldNut
01-19-2011, 11:02 PM
Thank you! I wonder if he will be wearing short sleeves to show off his guns? :chuckle:

sarahpalinhater
01-19-2011, 11:03 PM
Good guess.

Referee- Ed Hochuli
SJ- Laird Hayes (Carey)
ALT Referee- Ron Winter

That's what I saw. Hochuli is so IN LOVE with himself. However, I heard Chad Brown as the Umpire...am I right, or is your info right ?

SeinfeldNut
01-19-2011, 11:06 PM
Good guess.

Referee- Ed Hochuli
SJ- Laird Hayes (Carey)
ALT Referee- Ron Winter

Thats the position Ron Winter should hold for the entire season, he can't wait to throw his flag on every play.

nycdan
01-19-2011, 11:09 PM
That's what I saw. Hochuli is so IN LOVE with himself. However, I heard Chad Brown as the Umpire...am I right, or is your info right ?

Well that was posted on our board so I just pasted it in for you guys. I'm not 100% certain, or it could have changed.

You might be able to scavange more info here: http://www.football-refs.com/nfl-referees-by-season/2010-crews/playoffssuper-bowl/

sarahpalinhater
01-19-2011, 11:16 PM
If it is Hochuli,,,that definitely favors the Jets. If it is him, that a pure Roger Goodell call...I guarantee it. Oh well, just another obsticle the League is placing in front of us.

SeinfeldNut
01-19-2011, 11:17 PM
If it is Hochuli,,,that definitely favors the Jets. If it is him, that a pure Roger Goodell call...I guarantee it. Oh well, just another obsticle the League is placing in front of us.

Yep, and one that will not deter us from winning that game on Sunday.

nycdan
01-19-2011, 11:24 PM

I believe the crews (or at least the Refs) were set well before the previous games were played. I'm going by some posts in the forum I referenced earlier. Everyone loves a good conspiracy theory but I don't believe this one has legs. And find me a Jets fan who thinks the league favors them over the Steelers and that'll be the first! We all think the NFL hates our team the most. Don't try taking that away from us!

SeinfeldNut
01-19-2011, 11:29 PM
I believe the crews (or at least the Refs) were set well before the previous games were played. I'm going by some posts in the forum I referenced earlier. Everyone loves a good conspiracy theory but I don't believe this one has legs. And find me a Jets fan who thinks the league favors them over the Steelers and that'll be the first! We all think the NFL hates our team the most. Don't try taking that away from us!

Yep, because all I hear from my Jets friends are how bad the calls are against them in certain games.

lionslicer
01-19-2011, 11:30 PM
As much as Steelers fans think the NFL hate them, 31 teams think the NFL favors the Steelers. Odd how that works out.

I'm not upset with the refs, these are pretty much the big game refs they get for the championships and superbowl, so its not like Goodell hand picked them to go against the Steelers.

LegendSteel
01-20-2011, 07:51 AM
Oh god, Ed has still never recovered from that blown call in Denver. Get ready for some horrible and blown calls.

TRH
01-20-2011, 08:09 AM
i'm trying not to even think about this......i haven't been impressed with any of the crews this year

nycdan
01-20-2011, 08:15 AM
i'm trying not to even think about this......i haven't been impressed with any of the crews this year

Up until the end of the regular season I would have absolutely agreed with you. But the past two games the Jets were in had almost no egregiously bad calls or non-calls. The refs let them play and let a reasonable amount of jamming/juking/mixing it up go on without dropping ticky-tack flags. I know you guys had a different experience last week, but some of the crews HAVE been behaving remarkably better than during the season, when almost every game was a fiasco of blown calls and non-calls.

So there *is* hope. Although EH is not the guy I'd have chosen either.

TRH
01-20-2011, 08:19 AM
Up until the end of the regular season I would have absolutely agreed with you. But the past two games the Jets were in had almost no egregiously bad calls or non-calls. The refs let them play and let a reasonable amount of jamming/juking/mixing it up go on without dropping ticky-tack flags. I know you guys had a different experience last week, but some of the crews HAVE been behaving remarkably better than during the season, when almost every game was a fiasco of blown calls and non-calls.

So there *is* hope. Although EH is not the guy I'd have chosen either.

were you watching the last game at all? Even though the officiating was fairly even across the board, their was numerous "non-calls" that could have been called against Baltimore.
There were not some of the blatant horrible calls not called, but their was various penalties uncalled in that game.
I guess "bad" is better than "horrible" though.

43Hitman
01-20-2011, 08:28 AM
were you watching the last game at all? Even though the officiating was fairly even across the board, their was numerous "non-calls" that could have been called against Baltimore.
There were not some of the blatant horrible calls not called, but their was various penalties uncalled in that game.
I guess "bad" is better than "horrible" though.

He said he knows we had a different experience last week.

nycdan
01-20-2011, 08:42 AM
He said he knows we had a different experience last week.

Thanks 43.

On a positive note, I hear they have been retraining the crews to properly count all the way to 10 when assessing first downs :)

Third Rail
01-20-2011, 09:46 AM
Thanks 43.

On a positive note, I hear they have been retraining the crews to properly count all the way to 10 when assessing first downs :)

Good idea. Maybe they're also being educated on how nearly ripping a receiver's jersey off his back classifies as pass interference. :wink02:

ruruthagame
01-20-2011, 11:12 AM
ZEBRAS WONT DETERMINE THIS OUTCOME,PLAY FOOTBALL

tanda10506
01-20-2011, 11:21 AM
ZEBRAS WONT DETERMINE THIS OUTCOME,PLAY FOOTBALL

They played a HUGE role in the first game, more with the obvious non calls then with bad calls. Ed refing this game is one of the worst things I've heard in a while!

fer522
01-20-2011, 12:28 PM
might as well be Ray Charles, Steve Wonder,Claude Monet, Rembrandt, Blind Lemon Jefferson, Blind Blake and Blind Willie Johnson

Fire Arians
01-20-2011, 12:45 PM
Good guess.

Referee- Ed Hochuli
SJ- Laird Hayes (Carey)
ALT Referee- Ron Winter

god damnit. everytime hochuli officiates our games we always have a few bullshit calls