PDA

View Full Version : Bengals Fan Point of View

Palmers Knee
04-26-2006, 09:04 PM
On Palmer...
No one, especially Steelers fans know that Palmer's knee is "way worse" than expected. I think the fact that they didn't overspend to bring in Martin or Harrington shows they feel pretty confident about him being back on time, much like what they've been saying for months now.

On Kitna...
The stories about Chad getting into that fight with Hue Jackson were "fabricated" in Marvin's words. And after all of that took place, he backed Chad and said publicly that the leak will not be with the team next year. Just recently I heard that Kitna was that "leak", so no matter how good of a back-up he was, Marvin won't keep those guys around. And seeing how the Bengals just extended Chad's contract through 2011, I think it's safe to say that that story was indeed "fabricated", if not at the very least "imbellished".

On Steelers Fans...
I'm not on here to be a prick or stir the pot, I just like to hear other teams opinions, regardless of how "blow hardish" they can be at times. But anyone who thinks the Bengals success last year was a fluke, doesn't know football. It's fine to have your Steeler Pride and all, but don't embarass yourself by saying "the Bengals suck". That's just plain stupid. They have arguably the best offense in the NFL now that Edge is in Arizona, and the majority of their defense is young, the same defense that played all of last year without either of their starting safties. So if you want to bash the Bengals, go right ahead. But also realize they beat you at home and lead you at half in the playoffs, something no other team managed to do. Infact, you could argue that the Bengals game was the 2nd toughest playoff game you had, and that was without Palmer.

So here's to an exciting season and hopefully two great games betweeen Cincy & Pittsburgh. I hope for competition sake, Carson is healthy for both games. Do you really want to beat the Bengals without Palmer?

tony hipchest
04-26-2006, 10:01 PM
the steelers beat the bengals twice at home and have pretty much owned them for the past 15 years. bengals got a good offense. a broken thumbed ben proved he could keep up right off injury. ignoring the steelers offense is easy in light of their defense. bengals are good but not the best.

PisnNapalm
04-26-2006, 10:17 PM
It's fine to have your Steeler Pride and all, but don't embarass yourself by saying "the Bengals suck".

How in the world could a Steeler fan embarrass themselves on Steeler fan forums by saying "the Bungholes suck"?

Say it loud and say it proud... THE BENGALS SUCK!!:bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

Now about Palmer... Didn't we kill you guys at home in the first game last season while you had a healthy Palmer? We also lost one to you guys with a healthy Palmer. So... ehh who knows... The Bengals aren't the push overs they used to be, but they're still the Bengals. :dang: They'll find a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. :sofunny:

Palmers Knee
04-26-2006, 10:23 PM
the steelers beat the bengals twice at home and have pretty much owned them for the past 15 years. bengals got a good offense. a broken thumbed ben proved he could keep up right off injury. ignoring the steelers offense is easy in light of their defense. bengals are good but not the best.

I never questioned the Steelers offense, and I don't. I didn't even say the Bengals were better. I just have to laugh when people say they "suck". What happened in the past is just that, the past. We didn't have Marvin 15 years ago. It's a good rivalry and should be that way for a long time with our young quarterbacks. I look forward to it.

Palmers Knee
04-26-2006, 10:28 PM
How in the world could a Steeler fan embarrass themselves on Steeler fan forums by saying "the Bungholes suck"?

Say it loud and say it proud... THE BENGALS SUCK!!:bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

Now about Palmer... Didn't we kill you guys at home in the first game last season while you had a healthy Palmer? We also lost one to you guys with a healthy Palmer. So... ehh who knows... The Bengals aren't the push overs they used to be, but they're still the Bengals. :dang: They'll find a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. :sofunny:

I don't care where you are, if you truely think the Bengals suck, you're embarassing yourself. Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory is a thing of the past. Not on Marvin's watch. That week 17 game is going to be a monster, I can't wait. Good luck. Really, I'm not saying that sarcastically, I mean it. I think these are two of the top 3 or 4 teams in the AFC when healthy, so it should be a great rivaly for a long time.

Mosca
04-26-2006, 10:47 PM
Honestly, I'm pretty even handed and not jingoistic at all; I like Marvin's attitude, I like Palmer, and having a good team in Cincy just makes the season even better; no one likes setting aside Sunday afternoon for a blowout.

But it's pretty stupid to start a paragraph with "I don't want to stir the pot...." and then go on to chastise Steelers fans in their own forum for saying the Bengals suck. What do you expect? You're going to get all types here. It's the internet.

I'd love to exchange info about the Steelers and the Bengals, and what might go on behind the scenes and who might get drafted, or traded, etc; but ignore the trash talking. Filter it out. It's internet noise. Shouting at it is like shouting at the background radiation of the universe. Steelers fans are like Bengals fans. They come in all types and colors (except those goofy stripes). When we win, we gloat. Just like you guys do. When we lose, we get pissed. Just like you guys do. Ain't nothin' special goin' on down your part of the river, friend. We're the same. It's a mirror.

As far as who's better? Well, that's why they play the games instead of tracking arguments in internet fan forums.

And thanks for the first 2/3 of your post, it was a very insightful look into what's going on in Cincy.

Tom

83-Steelers-43
04-26-2006, 10:58 PM
Personally, I give credit where credit is due. I don't like Marvin Lewis, I don't like TJ or CJ, I think the majority of Bengal fans are completely pathetic and sorry excuses for football fans, but I don't think the Bengals suck, they are a good football team. At the same time I don't feel that they were better than us last season and I don't think they will be better than us this upcoming season. I'll start to give that team credit when they actually win a Super Bowl. Division titles don't count.

Of course, I'm not trying "to be a prick or stir the pot". Just my view and opinion.

Palmers Knee
04-26-2006, 11:05 PM
I hear ya. I'd be a fool to sit here and say the Bengals are the better team. It's got to be the best in-conference matchup, as far as talent goes. Screw the NFC East and all the hype they get. I didn't see anyone from that division in the Super Bowl, and we can all agree the NFC as a whole is junk. Anyone from the AFC playoffs could have represented the NFC in the Super Bowl, it's like the JV. Seeing teams like Minnesota and St. Louis last year actually in the mix made me sick.

83-Steelers-43
04-26-2006, 11:16 PM
I agree with that.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-27-2006, 01:06 AM
Just relax alittle... everybody knows the bengals are an up and coming team..

The bungals suck chat is just a way to shout out to the world that we hate the bengals... and since they hate us, its all good. :tt:

Carry on :smile:

SteelShooter
04-27-2006, 01:38 AM
Personally, I give credit where credit is due. I don't like Marvin Lewis, I don't like TJ or CJ, I think the majority of Bengal fans are completely pathetic and sorry excuses for football fans, but I don't think the Bengals suck, they are a good football team. At the same time I don't feel that they were better than us last season and I don't think they will be better than us this upcoming season. I'll start to give that team credit when they actually win a Super Bowl. Division titles don't count.

Of course, I'm not trying "to be a prick or stir the pot". Just my view and opinion.

And to add to the above quote:

Think about the first game last year, Carson was healthy and we won by how much? The second game, we had injuries and personnel coming off of injuries, you only won by 7. In the playoffs, granted, it was an interesting game the first 2.5 quarters. Aafterwards <Yawn>, we won by how much?
Bro, I can respect, very much, you wishing to post your diatribe. But, to come on here, in "our house" and to post what you posted and NOT think you would catch flak........Bro, you may have some issues that need to be addressed. Google up a decent, relatively inexpensive, counselor. After we sweep this season and retake the Division, it just may be a little too much in the state you are in.

Haiku_Dirtt
04-27-2006, 05:14 AM
On Palmer...
No one, especially Steelers fans know that Palmer's knee is "way worse"

So here's to an exciting season and hopefully two great games betweeen Cincy & Pittsburgh. I hope for competition sake, Carson is healthy for both games. Do you really want to beat the Bengals without Palmer?

Look dude! You can't go to the Carson Palmer card with me because I've been a huge USC fan since 1983. Yes that includes Paul Hackett, Larry Smith, John Robinson II, and Ted Tollner - freaking Paul Hackett!!!!!!!! Are you f--king kidding me!!! Actually Tollner could of had success if the school wasn't floating in previous recruiting violations.

The mere fact that Pete Carroll is the white knight that nobody wanted or even care to know is beside the point - just worth bringing up - just like Willie's Super Bowl record run. :sofunny:

So Palmer was well known to me before everyone in Cincy realized that he is a happily married guy and won't be caught in any drug ring high on whatever this decade. Be happy.

But just sanitize how the game plans evolved in each of the games last year. The Steeler engine took control of that playoff game in the third quarter and it didn't matter who was playing QB that day.

We trashed the Colts and the Broncos on their turf. Are you really trying to sell the "You are lucky Carson Palmer was injured" to me? Now the Bengals have a real schedule to play this year. Want respect. Earn it.

PisnNapalm
04-27-2006, 06:09 AM
/me looks around and can't wait to begin packing for his road trip. Steelers Fan Blitz is this weekend. I'm gonna get to see the Lombardi trophy first hand!

I'm amped up. My Black and Gold blood is flowing. And a Bengal fan tells me to be embarrassed by saying the Bungholes suck?!?!

Screw that!

BENGALS SUCK!
BENGALS SUCK!
BENGALS SUCK!
BENGALS SUCK!
BENGALS SUCK!
BENGALS SUCK!
BENGALS SUCK!
BENGALS SUCK!
BENGALS SUCK!
BENGALS SUCK!

Now of course I'm not an idiot... I know they have a potent team, but... I can still say they suck. :blurp:

MAN-O-STEEL
04-27-2006, 07:17 AM
Palmer might be back physically but what about mentally? Sometimes the injury goes beyond the physical. If Carson comes back and stands in the pocket without getting "happy feet", more power to him. I'm not saying he will or he won't, but it is something to look at. Nobody can guarantee what he will do. Not me, not you, nobody. It will be interesting to see though.

The bengals are an up and coming team. the only problem I have with most bengal fans is that one winning season in 15 years and you fans think you are already there!

SteelerzGirl
04-27-2006, 07:53 AM
Hoosh-yer-mama? :bouncy:

pucho58
04-27-2006, 08:04 AM

:iagree: but untill then they suck :sofunny:

clevestinks
04-27-2006, 09:45 AM
On Palmer...
No one, especially Steelers fans know that Palmer's knee is "way worse" than expected.

On Steelers Fans...
But anyone who thinks the Bengals success last year was a fluke, doesn't know football. It's fine to have your Steeler Pride Do you really want to beat the Bengals without Palmer?
First off, I wouldnt say last season was a fluke, the bengals have been improving. Palmers knee speculation is all based on doctors statements that everybody has read. I hope Palmer is healthy, he seems like a stand up guy, and a damn good qb.
But don`t bitch about us, and what we say about the bengals here. Last year I went on the official bengals forum, and every other thread was " Ben is Gay" "Ben is Over rated" " Ben SUcks" At least our smack has merit behind it, we can back up most of it here. You wont see a Palmer is gay thread, Steelers fans bring up the real smack, The Smack with the Stats!

Suitanim
04-27-2006, 09:47 AM
Hey, another Cincy guy that interprets Palmer being 25% recovered from an injury that requires a minimum of 40 weeks recovery as working out to a total recovery time of 30 weeks.

Math is hard for Bengals fans, I guess.

ARKIESTEEL
04-27-2006, 10:16 AM
I for one dont think the bunguls suck I think they blow!!! sorry to take a differnt point of veiw on this from the rest of my STEELER brothers and sisters. You all may now carry on with the We Dey speech to the bunguls fan.

steelerdude
04-27-2006, 10:55 AM
Honestly, I'm pretty even handed and not jingoistic at all; I like Marvin's attitude, I like Palmer, and having a good team in Cincy just makes the season even better; no one likes setting aside Sunday afternoon for a blowout.

But it's pretty stupid to start a paragraph with "I don't want to stir the pot...." and then go on to chastise Steelers fans in their own forum for saying the Bengals suck. What do you expect? You're going to get all types here. It's the internet.

I'd love to exchange info about the Steelers and the Bengals, and what might go on behind the scenes and who might get drafted, or traded, etc; but ignore the trash talking. Filter it out. It's internet noise. Shouting at it is like shouting at the background radiation of the universe. Steelers fans are like Bengals fans. They come in all types and colors (except those goofy stripes). When we win, we gloat. Just like you guys do. When we lose, we get pissed. Just like you guys do. Ain't nothin' special goin' on down your part of the river, friend. We're the same. It's a mirror.

As far as who's better? Well, that's why they play the games instead of tracking arguments in internet fan forums.

And thanks for the first 2/3 of your post, it was a very insightful look into what's going on in Cincy.

Tom

:iagree:
Well said Mosca.

clevestinks
04-27-2006, 10:58 AM
This isnt encouraging news, and this is from a Bengals site:

News: Carson Palmer continues to perform light throwing at jogging at the Bengals training complex.
Impact: So far, so good with his rehab. That said, Palmer underwent nearly the same surgery that Daunte Culpepper did, except two months later. Some Dolphins observers fear Culpepper will miss a big chunk of the season.

That isnt a STeelers fan talking!

Palmers Knee
04-27-2006, 11:00 AM
We trashed the Colts and the Broncos on their turf. Are you really trying to sell the "You are lucky Carson Palmer was injured" to me? Now the Bengals have a real schedule to play this year. Want respect. Earn it.

I see you used quotes there, but I never said that. What I said was "do you really want to beat the Bengals if Carson isn't healthy?" Wouldn't you rather beat us with Carson at 100%, so that people won't have any excuses. I sure as hell wouldn't take much satisfaction out of beating the Steelers without Roethlisberger.

clevestinks
04-27-2006, 11:02 AM
I see you used quotes there, but I never said that. What I said was "do you really want to beat the Bengals if Carson isn't healthy?" Wouldn't you rather beat us with Carson at 100%, so that people won't have any excuses. I sure as hell wouldn't take much satisfaction out of beating the Steelers without Roethlisberger.
I said I hope Palmer is 100% healthy, but, BUT its only a 16 game season and a win is a win. We missed Ben for almost 5 whole games, and he played gingerly two of the fist ones back from surgery, we won the Super Bowl, good teams overcome! Bottom line

Palmers Knee
04-27-2006, 11:03 AM
But don`t bitch about us, and what we say about the bengals here.

Testy, testy, testy. I didn't bitch. I said anyone who thinks the bengals suck is an embarassment to themselves. Spin that anyway you like it, but 99% of the population outside of the steel city would agree with me.

ARKIESTEEL
04-27-2006, 11:06 AM

Not trying to be an ass but I for one hope we beat you with carson without carson or if you go get Johnny Carson. The team you have on the field the day of the game is your team. We lost with Tommy but he damn well was a STEELER when we lost the bunguls are not carson palmer they are a team and until you guys let that sink in we will own you!!

Get Some

ARKIESTEEL
04-27-2006, 11:09 AM
Testy, testy, testy. I didn't bitch. I said anyone who thinks the bengals suck is an embarassment to themselves. Spin that anyway you like it, but 99% of the population outside of the steel city would agree with me.

I dont live in the steel city and I think you all are a joke with a bunch of spoiled loud mouths and an o-line that my grandfather could sack your qb thru, oh and by the way I know the bunguls suck you sucked for the past 15 years what new with that

clevestinks
04-27-2006, 11:11 AM
First the a thread about the bengals ought to be under the NFL Threads, second it seems to me that if you keep using phrases like Stupid, and Embarassement then you are trying to stir the pot. We all know how good cinci is, probably the fifth best in the AFC, and you can`t argue with STeelers fans, when someone here says the bengals suck, its only means they suck compared to the Steelers, not the entire NFL, so don`t go getting your panties in a bunch. We know your better than most NFL teams but compared to the reigning Super Bowl Champs, not there yet

tony hipchest
04-27-2006, 11:13 AM
lost in the fact that carsons 1st and only competed pass, in his first and only playoff game
(you know, the 60 yd bomb where his knee was injured) wasnt even a touchdown. matt hasselbeck completed alot of nice passes the 1st half of the sb. peyton completed some nice passes the 1st game we played them last year.

steelers adjust and they recover. carson is not immune to this.

Palmers Knee
04-27-2006, 11:14 AM
Think about the first game last year, Carson was healthy and we won by how much? The second game, we had injuries and personnel coming off of injuries, you only won by 7. In the playoffs, granted, it was an interesting game the first 2.5 quarters. Aafterwards <Yawn>, we won by how much?
Bro, I can respect, very much, you wishing to post your diatribe. But, to come on here, in "our house" and to post what you posted and NOT think you would catch flak........Bro, you may have some issues that need to be addressed. Google up a decent, relatively inexpensive, counselor. After we sweep this season and retake the Division, it just may be a little too much in the state you are in.

When did I say I didn't think I'd catch flak? And what was so bad about what I said? So because I think people saying "the bengals suck" are idiots, I have issues that need to be addressed? That ads to my point, I guess you're one of "them". I know, it's fun to talk smack to the Bengals fan, but come on. "the bengals suck"? If you believe that, you are indeed an idiot. Now I'm sure you don't really think that, and I don't really care either way. It's your life, but it's going to sting when those sucky bengals take a W from you week 17 and clinch the division. Now that is some worthy smack, certainly better than "the steelers suck". Bring something worth reading, or don't bring it at all.

Palmers Knee
04-27-2006, 11:25 AM
Look dude! You can't go to the Carson Palmer card with me because I've been a huge USC fan since 1983.

That's wonderful, congratulations! But how does that make you able to tell if his knee is healthy or not? And why should that factor into your wanting him to be healthy when you play against him. I think you just felt like saying "I was a USC fan". That's neat.

Palmers Knee
04-27-2006, 11:29 AM
I dont live in the steel city and I think you all are a joke with a bunch of spoiled loud mouths and an o-line that my grandfather could sack your qb thru, oh and by the way I know the bunguls suck you sucked for the past 15 years what new with that

Check your facts. They have one of the best lines in the NFL. One 1st team All-Pro and two Pro-Bowl alternates. They only allowed 26 sacks all year, so how your grandfather could manage to do it, I have no idea.

Palmers Knee
04-27-2006, 11:30 AM

Try using some punctuation.

PisnNapalm
04-27-2006, 11:30 AM
In the last 15 years the Steelers have won 8 Division titles, played in 5 AFC Championship games, won 2 AFC titles and 1 Super Bowl.

The Bengals have 1 Division title and 1 loss in the playoffs.

Suck it.

BTW... How'd that one and only trip to the Super Bowl work out for the Bengals? :dang: Oh that's right...

Palmers Knee
04-27-2006, 11:32 AM
lost in the fact that carsons 1st and only competed pass, in his first and only playoff game
(you know, the 60 yd bomb where his knee was injured) wasnt even a touchdown. matt hasselbeck completed alot of nice passes the 1st half of the sb. peyton completed some nice passes the 1st game we played them last year.

steelers adjust and they recover. carson is not immune to this.

Great, when did I even mention that play?

Palmers Knee
04-27-2006, 11:40 AM

Now I'm not really one to get into scores, a Win is a Win. But you've forced me to.

1st Game - Carson was indeed healthy and you took it to us, well done. However both of our starting safeties were lost for the season at that point. I'm not making an excuse, but you dropped this line about the second game "we had injuries and personnel coming off of injuries".

2nd Game - Cincy won by 7, but anyone who watched the game knows your TD at the end was mop up time. Again this line comes into play... "we had injuries and personnel coming off of injuries". Take it like a man, no one is feeling sorry for the Bengals who were without their safeties in game 1.

Playoff Game - No one knows how it would have turned out with a healthy Palmer. If his first and only pass was any indication...

Palmers Knee
04-27-2006, 11:42 AM
In the last 15 years the Steelers have won 8 Division titles, played in 5 AFC Championship games, won 2 AFC titles and 1 Super Bowl.

The Bengals have 1 Division title and 1 loss in the playoffs.

Suck it.

BTW... How'd that one and only trip to the Super Bowl work out for the Bengals? :dang: Oh that's right...

They went to the Super Bowl twice in the 80's smart guy. But what happened 15 years ago really doesn't mean a whole lot to me, that has no effect what so ever on this years teams.

tony hipchest
04-27-2006, 12:17 PM
Great, when did I even mention that play? that play was indirectly referrenced in your first post in this thread:

"Infact, you could argue that the Bengals game was the 2nd toughest playoff game you had, and that was without Palmer."

you can argue that carson couldve got off to a hot start and cooled down and succumbed to the pressure of a playoff game as the steelers went on to make adjustments to their defense. also can argue that all qb's making their first playoff start last season lost. carson couldve cracked when it got to crunch time.

PisnNapalm
04-27-2006, 12:42 PM
They went to the Super Bowl twice in the 80's smart guy. But what happened 15 years ago really doesn't mean a whole lot to me, that has no effect what so ever on this years teams.

They went twice.... :dang: Guess it wasn't worth remembering then ehh? :sofunny:

Palmers Knee
04-27-2006, 12:43 PM
that play was indirectly referrenced in your first post in this thread:

"Infact, you could argue that the Bengals game was the 2nd toughest playoff game you had, and that was without Palmer."

you can argue that carson couldve got off to a hot start and cooled down and succumbed to the pressure of a playoff game as the steelers went on to make adjustments to their defense. also can argue that all qb's making their first playoff start last season lost. carson couldve cracked when it got to crunch time.

All true, but my point was that we played with a back-up, it had nothing to do with that play. Which is why I aksed "when did I even mention that play".

Palmers Knee
04-27-2006, 12:43 PM

All true, but my point was that we played with a back-up, it had nothing to do with that play. Which is why I aksed "when did I even mention that play".

Palmers Knee
04-27-2006, 12:44 PM

Could've, would've, should've. We'll never know. I do know that Carson is a better QB than each and every one of those other first timers.

ARKIESTEEL
04-27-2006, 12:46 PM
Check your facts. They have one of the best lines in the NFL. One 1st team All-Pro and two Pro-Bowl alternates. They only allowed 26 sacks all year, so how your grandfather could manage to do it, I have no idea.

How is your qb again? Nice o-line! Here is a little fun fact for you about your o-line; your star qb has only ran 2 plays in the post season due to the fine job of your o-line.

ARKIESTEEL
04-27-2006, 12:49 PM
Try using some punctuation.

What punctuation do you use behind this: WE WON THE SUPER BOWL AND YOU DIDNT NAH NAH NAH I would think you use one of these !

clevestinks
04-27-2006, 01:10 PM
[QUOTE=Palmers Knee]

2nd Game - Cincy won by 7, but anyone who watched the game knows your TD at the end was mop up time. Again this line comes into play... "we had injuries and personnel coming off of injuries". Take it like a man, no one is feeling sorry for the Bengals who were without their safeties in game 1.

QUOTE]
If I remember correctly, your so called mop up time, Troy Polamula dropped a definite INT on the bengals 25 yard line, with about three minutes to play. Or else we were possible looking at OT. That was with Ben hobbling along

Palmers Knee
04-27-2006, 01:12 PM
If I remember correctly, your so called mop up time, Troy Polamula dropped a definite INT on the bengals 25 yard line, with about three minutes to play. Or else we were possible looking at OT. That was with Ben hobbling along

Scoreboard.

Palmers Knee
04-27-2006, 01:14 PM

Steelers Fans - "we lost because Ben was hobbling along"

Atleast your QB was on the field. No excuses here though, I'll leave that to you.

clevestinks
04-27-2006, 01:16 PM
Scoreboard.
No crap, I`m just staing the facts like you were, all of a sudden you can write your point of view but I cant. All of a sudden MR. I`m not trying to stir the pot, wants to be a smartass. Here you scoreboard, Steelers Super Bowl Champs, if you missed it, it coming again soon to stadium, near you.

Palmers Knee
04-27-2006, 01:16 PM
How is your qb again? Nice o-line! Here is a little fun fact for you about your o-line; your star qb has only ran 2 plays in the post season due to the fine job of your o-line.

At least it took the Bengals until the 17th game to fall apart for one single play. Your QB was dinged from the start, what does that say about your line? It's your analogy buddy, as stupid as it may be.

clevestinks
04-27-2006, 01:17 PM

Atleast your QB was on the field. No excuses here though, I'll leave that to you.
Ass wipe I didnt use that as an excuse, just pointing out the facts, you wrote that your team had injuries and players coming off injuries.

clevestinks
04-27-2006, 01:19 PM
At least it took the Bengals until the 17th game to fall apart for one single play. Your QB was dinged from the start, what does that say about your line? It's your analogy buddy, as stupid as it may be.
Palmer got hurt on a freakish accident agreed, Ben plays a little for daredevilish and takes more chances our line is fine.

PisnNapalm
04-27-2006, 01:43 PM
This is the same Bengal o-line that allowed 4 sacks in the playoff game last year right? I hope they're as good as last year.

Palmers Knee
04-27-2006, 02:06 PM
Ass wipe I didnt use that as an excuse, just pointing out the facts, you wrote that your team had injuries and players coming off injuries.

Jesus, go back and read the freaking thread, will you? I didn't say that, one of your buddies did. Seriously, check it out...

"had injuries and players coming off injuries" was written by a Steelers fan defending their loss to the Bengals.

Palmers Knee
04-27-2006, 02:29 PM

I can't believe you quoted a Steelers fan for making an excuse and blamed it on me.

Palmers Knee
04-27-2006, 02:42 PM
This is the same Bengal o-line that allowed 4 sacks in the playoff game last year right? I hope they're as good as last year.

Sacks allowed in 2005...
Pittsburgh - 32
Cincinnati - 21 (2nd fewest in the NFL, behind Indy's 20)

Rushing...
You ranked 5th in Rush Offense, the Bengals ranked 11th. You had 300 more yards, but a lower yards per rush than the Bengals.

Passing...
You ranked 24th in Pass Offense, the Bengals ranked 5th.

Overall...
You ranked 16th in Offense, the Benglas ranked 6th.

So in reference to you hoping they'll be as good as last year ... So do I.

clevestinks
04-27-2006, 03:43 PM
I can't believe you quoted a Steelers fan for making an excuse and blamed it on me.
Maybe I did confuse the qoutes! I apologize! If so! :dang:

Palmers Knee
04-27-2006, 03:56 PM
No problem. We're straight.

HburgXL06
04-27-2006, 04:05 PM
Aiight I've read this thread through twice now and it's time for a breakdown before anythin else goes down. Sorry all because this is gonna be long...

On Kitna...
The stories about Chad getting into that fight with Hue Jackson were "fabricated" in Marvin's words. And after all of that took place, he backed Chad and said publicly that the leak will not be with the team next year. Just recently I heard that Kitna was that "leak", so no matter how good of a back-up he was, Marvin won't keep those guys around. And seeing how the Bengals just extended Chad's contract through 2011, I think it's safe to say that that story was indeed "fabricated", if not at the very least "imbellished".
First off....what is this "leak" deal about? I've heard a lot of bengals fans referrin to it and so far I don't know what that hell they are talkin bout. Since you appear to be somewhat knowledgable of the game and of your team I'll ask you what happened and what that means for the bengals to date.
On Steelers Fans...
I'm not on here to be a prick or stir the pot, I just like to hear other teams opinions, regardless of how "blow hardish" they can be at times. But anyone who thinks the Bengals success last year was a fluke, doesn't know football. It's fine to have your Steeler Pride and all, but don't embarass yourself by saying "the Bengals suck". That's just plain stupid. They have arguably the best offense in the NFL now that Edge is in Arizona, and the majority of their defense is young, the same defense that played all of last year without either of their starting safties. So if you want to bash the Bengals, go right ahead. But also realize they beat you at home and lead you at half in the playoffs, something no other team managed to do. Infact, you could argue that the Bengals game was the 2nd toughest playoff game you had, and that was without Palmer.
You start off like you are tryin to be respectful and not "stir the pot" but then continue with a long speech which included much beatin of your own chest preachin how the bengals are the supremely best team ever (and that is hyperbole meanin I exagerrated my comments on what you said so don't try to use that against me). We do claim last year was a fluke. For now, it still is a fluke. The bengals were good for one year. Until they play next year (and do well) they will be continually considered a fluke. The bengals are known to be good for one year and disappear for 15. You then continue to insult everyone who might have an opinion against yours by callin them "stupid" and "embarassing." You consider us dumb but at the same time from our point of view we are believin in nothin more than history which has in fact proved us somewhat correct. What I mean is that the bengals are not a consistently strong team. At the same time the fanbase has not proven to be very loyal. Other than a few I know at cincybengals many of the fans of the bengals did not exist last september. This can be evidenced by cincy's empty stadium for the first half of the season. From what I read you appear to compare the offense of the bengals of last season to that of the colts of last season in addition to the offense of the Steelers of last season. You infer that now that the colts have lost edge that the bengals now have the strongest offense in the NFL (you can backtrack all you want but it's in quotes above). The thing is that the Steelers beat both of those offenses last year. We did it twice to the bengals and once in the playoffs against the colts. Against the bengals we did it early in the season (safties or not they aren't a part of the offense) and we did it in the playoffs (the QB is not the entire offense but a part of it you lost one position and your offense crumbled). As for the colts we were beaten by them in the regular season (like we were beaten by a lot of other teams) when we were stacked with injuries. But in the playoffs we came back strong and dominated that offense for most of the game (two big plays were made when we gave manning room as soon as we startin blitzin hard again he never was heard from again). So even with your strongest offense in the NFL argument neither you or the colts was a match for our Steel Curtain defense.
I disagree, I think you bengals fans give yourselves too much credit. Most people agree with us that the bengals are a come from nowhere then go back to nowhere team. The bengals have yet to earn their credit as a consistently strong playin team.
When did I say I didn't think I'd catch flak? And what was so bad about what I said? So because I think people saying "the bengals suck" are idiots, I have issues that need to be addressed? That ads to my point, I guess you're one of "them". I know, it's fun to talk smack to the Bengals fan, but come on. "the bengals suck"? If you believe that, you are indeed an idiot. Now I'm sure you don't really think that, and I don't really care either way. It's your life, but it's going to sting when those sucky bengals take a W from you week 17 and clinch the division. Now that is some worthy smack, certainly better than "the steelers suck". Bring something worth reading, or don't bring it at all.
This is what I'm talkin about. Yea, you insultin someone's intelligence for havin a certain opinion is a problem you need to address. If you are so confident in your own opinion you should not heed the "idiotic" arguments of others around you. Also if you are so knowledgable in your opinion you should be able to argue against another without insultin them on a personal level. You have done neither of these things which leads many of us to believe that you are the one lackin strong argument and intelligence. There are other issues as well like the fact that you believe you need to segragate those with alternate opinions against you into a group to be looked down upon ("them"). Yet another problem is the fact that you really DO NOT know how to bring smack. You seem to "know" that the bengals will take a win from the Steelers in week 17 next season but you bring no argument other than "they will do it" as to how and why they will do it. Please, if you want to bring it here bring the necessary tools to actually make a point. If you are so confident in winnin the division go ahead, who gives a damn about the division, we are concerned about the championship not the damn division. It just is more evidence as to where our two teams stand.

HburgXL06
04-27-2006, 04:06 PM
Now I'm not really one to get into scores, a Win is a Win. But you've forced me to.
Playoff Game - No one knows how it would have turned out with a healthy Palmer. If his first and only pass was any indication...
You act as though the whole nation mourned for when Ben and our other players were injured for a good part of the regular season when you beat the Steelers. We took it like men. We said "Damn, that sucks" and then proceded to beat you guys in the playoffs. That's how history is written..we won. Don't play the "what if" game here because there is no point to it. Accordin to the bengals' fans cryin report the hit on palmer was late and dirty. The hit did occur after palmer had released the ball but on slightly afterward. What does this mean? It means that palmer couldn't find an open receiver. He threw up a bomb and hoped to find Hiroshima. In the process he was in the wrong spot at the wrong time and got hit wit a helmet to the leg. Done. Nothin can be said about what he "coulda, woulda, shoulda" done after that because it didn't happen.
Could've, would've, should've. We'll never know. I do know that Carson is a better QB than each and every one of those other first timers.
Where does this argument come from? He got knocked out in his first ever NFL playoff game. Ben's first loss as a rookie was in the NFL was in the AFC championship game. How about tom brady the oh so loved QB of the NFL. He won a championship in his rookie season. Point is that palmer is no better than any of them because he has a heisman (sp). The NFL is where the big boys play and it's a whole new game. One season is too early to know how palmer will play durin his whole NFL career.
You twisted words. We never said "we lost because Ben was still injured." We were sayin "look how well we did against your team even though one of our key players was injured." We can divide and break this up as much as you want but either way you come at it we are still the dominant team. We came through to win the Super Bowl and we did so on the hardest road any team has taken.

Rushing...
You ranked 5th in Rush Offense, the Bengals ranked 11th. You had 300 more yards, but a lower yards per rush than the Bengals.
Passing...
Overall...

The Steelers are a rushin team primarily and do not pass the ball as often. We were not known to pass much and therefore were not given much credit for our passin game. We however, showed that when needed we do very well in passin in the past playoffs. When we do rush we do so for grind-it-out yardage. We push/force/roll over anythin in our way to get as much as we can when we can in order to tire the defense out and to march down the field from first down to first down. Other teams have explosive runnin backs that once they find a hole will run through it and downfield for yardage. With our runnin game we often have to make the hole and gain what yards we can from that. We have shown in the Super Bowl that we have a runnin back capable of explodin out of a hole but for the most part we use a "BUS" type method.
As I say in all the posts where I argue my point I mean no disrespect and do not mean to offend no one wit my arguments. I have no personal problems wit the person I argue against I am simply puttin out football talk. Peace.

BuFu

PisnNapalm
04-27-2006, 04:25 PM
Sacks allowed in 2005...
Pittsburgh - 32
Cincinnati - 21 (2nd fewest in the NFL, behind Indy's 20)

Rushing...

Passing...

Overall...
You ranked 16th in Offense, the Benglas ranked 6th.

So in reference to you hoping they'll be as good as last year ... So do I.

I had a nice long retort planned but I figure what the hell....

BENGALS SUCK!

Ok with that said...

For the record... during last year's post season the Bengals had 1 sack and allowed 4. The Steelers had 15 and allowed 6. Nine of our defense's post season sacks, according to your stats, were against the #1 and #2 ranked offensive lines. We rocked your world in the playoffs.

For the 3 games we met last year. Steelers had 7 total sacks to the Bengals 4. So... I think we stack up nicely against your o-line.

Palmers Knee
04-27-2006, 05:33 PM
For the record... during last year's post season the Bengals had 1 sack and allowed 4. The Steelers had 15 and allowed 6. Nine of our defense's post season sacks, according to your stats, were against the #1 and #2 ranked offensive lines. We rocked your world in the playoffs.

For the 3 games we met last year. Steelers had 7 total sacks to the Bengals 4. So... I think we stack up nicely against your o-line.

You people are way too defensive. If you'd only read the entire thread, you'd see how certain arguements got started. Some dude ripped the Bengals O-Line out of no where, saying they're terrible and that his grandpa could get a sack. So I disputed it and my quote about the stats followed. I never once mentioned the Steelers line, I could care less about the Steelers line. The only reason I even compared the two is because he seemed to think Cincy's was so terrible. Please read everything.

BBC
04-27-2006, 05:38 PM
You people are way too defensive. If you'd only read the entire thread, you'd see how certain arguements got started. Some dude ripped the Bengals O-Line out of no where, saying they're terrible and that his grandpa could get a sack. So I disputed it and my quote about the stats followed. I never once mentioned the Steelers line, I could care less about the Steelers line. The only reason I even compared the two is because he seemed to think Cincy's was so terrible. Please read everything.

Right, but you were the one that began to make smartass posts. That, my friend, is stirring the pot.

83-Steelers-43
04-27-2006, 05:39 PM
Right, but you were the one that began to make smartass posts. That, my friend, is stirring the pot.

:popcorn:

Palmers Knee
04-27-2006, 05:47 PM
Aiight I've read this thread through twice now and it's time for a breakdown before anythin else goes down. Sorry all because this is gonna be long...

First off....what is this "leak" deal about? I've heard a lot of bengals fans referrin to it and so far I don't know what that hell they are talkin bout. Since you appear to be somewhat knowledgable of the game and of your team I'll ask you what happened and what that means for the bengals to date.

Okay, when all that stuff about Chad getting into a fight with Hue Jackson (receivers coach) started, no one ever spoke on it publically. Not one single quote. Chad denied it to the death, and then a month later Marvin said the the problem had been taken care of and that the "leak" would not be with the Bengals in '06. He said there were some tempers flaring, but the story about the fight was a flat out lie, and that the player that started the rumor would not be welcomed back. Supposedly it was Kitna. That's the "leak" story.

The bengals are known to be good for one year and disappear for 15. You then continue to insult everyone who might have an opinion against yours by callin them "stupid" and "embarassing." You infer that now that the colts have lost edge that the bengals now have the strongest offense in the NFL (you can backtrack all you want but it's in quotes above). The thing is that the Steelers beat both of those offenses last year.

Since when? They were good thoughout the 80's, and then fell completely off the map in '91. Now they're back. There is no 1 and done stuff like you implied. And to your point about "stupid" and "embarrasing" comments, I only referred to people that way when they said "the Bengals suck". That's a fact, check the threads. To say that the Bengals suck is hardly an "opinion". It's stupidity, hence if you really believe that, you are "stupid". I won't say that kind of stuff about anyone who has a legit opinion, whether I agree with it or not. But I won't accept that the bengals "suck". That's something a 6 year old would say. And my remarks about the Bengals offense had nothing to do with the Steelers. It was a comment about how good the division rivalry could be because of how good the two teams are. You people think anything I say good about the Bengals is a shot at the Steelers. It's not, can we get that clear.

Also if you are so knowledgable in your opinion you should be able to argue against another without insultin them on a personal level. You have done neither of these things which leads many of us to believe that you are the one lackin strong argument and intelligence.

Here's a tissue, I didn't know I hurt your feelings so bad. Again, I'll refer to my last statement above. I haven't insulted anyone personally. Actually, all I've really done is insult the theory that the "bengals suck". And I'll continue to do so. I have no problem with others opinions, simply childish remarks that hold no water. Since you think I should defend my beliefs, explain to me how the "bengals suck". How does a team that won the division and ADDED key free agents, without losing anyone mind you, suck?

Palmers Knee
04-27-2006, 05:51 PM

Show me where I did that.

BBC
04-27-2006, 05:52 PM
Here's a tissue, I didn't know I hurt your feelings so bad.

Another smartass remark. Something I've come to expect from you after reading so little posts of yours.

Since you think I should defend my beliefs, explain to me how the "bengals suck". How does a team that won the division and ADDED key free agents, without losing anyone mind you, suck?

Have you ever said the Steelers suck? Ever heard the term Yankees suck? Obviously it does not mean that the team is not talented, it is just a term to show hatred for that team.

BBC
04-27-2006, 05:53 PM
Show me where I did that.

Scroll up.

PisnNapalm
04-27-2006, 06:02 PM
never once mentioned the Steelers line, I could care less about the Steelers line. The only reason I even compared the two is because he seemed to think Cincy's was so terrible. Please read everything.

I did read everything... well most of it... No... umm... I skimmed it... oh wait... that's not right either. Is there a version of this thread that has pictures? You see I'm an idot because I think the...

(Are you ready for it?)

(Here it comes...)

THE BENGALS SUCK!!

EDIT:: I found a picture that fits this thread perfectly.

http://www.pisnnapalm.com/hinesowned.png

CantStop85
04-27-2006, 06:04 PM
oooohhhh can I play too?

BEN IS GAY!!!!

woohoo :dang:

Palmers Knee
You act as though the whole nation mourned for when Ben and our other players were injured for a good part of the regular season when you beat the Steelers. The hit did occur after palmer had released the ball but on slightly afterward. What does this mean? It means that palmer couldn't find an open receiver. He threw up a bomb and hoped to find Hiroshima.

Huh??? I never said that. Some Steeler fan on here said that you guys were banged up when we won. So I said both our starting safeties were out for the year by week 2. It was an example. A win is a win, I'm not taking anything away from either victory. To your point about Palmer, I'm not real sure where this is coming from. If you remember correctly, it was a 60 yard pass to Chris Henry. If you're saying it was an accidental 60 yard gain, I won't consider you rational anymore. You see it takes time for someone to travel 60 yards down the field. That my friend is why he took so long to throw the ball.

Where does this argument come from? He got knocked out in his first ever NFL playoff game.

Read the thread before commenting next time. It's all right there, plain as day. You just have to read. A Steelers fan said we probably would have lost anyway because Palmer was a first playoff QB. And because the other 3 first timers all lost, the Bengals probably would have as well. My point was that Carson Palmer is a hell of a lot better than those other first timers, so you can't make that assumption. Hell, he was the Fed Ex Air player of the year.

You twisted words. We never said "we lost because Ben was still injured." We were sayin "look how well we did against your team even though one of our key players was injured."

Great, good for you. So can I not say that we were also banged up. For all 3 games for that matter. We played the whole season with two back-up safeties, one that was cut by ARIZONA. Come on.

The Steelers are a rushin team primarily and do not pass the ball as often. We were not known to pass much and therefore were not given much credit for our passin game. We however, showed that when needed we do very well in passin in the past playoffs. When we do rush we do so for grind-it-out yardage. We push/force/roll over anythin in our way to get as much as we can when we can in order to tire the defense out and to march down the field from first down to first down. Other teams have explosive runnin backs that once they find a hole will run through it and downfield for yardage.

Believe it or not, the Bengals running game is very similar. Perry is primarily a reciever.

Let me wrap this up by saying that I don't have anything against anyone or their opinions, or real opinions I should say. To say that "the bengals suck" is an opinion is a farse. I have every right to poke fun at anyone who really believes that.

83-Steelers-43
I want to play............

BANDWAGON JUMPERS!!!!!:kick:

Black@Gold Forever32
04-27-2006, 06:11 PM
Well the Bengals are not the Bungals anymore. Carson Palmer is one of the best young QB's in the game. But when you have an injury like that. It will take some time for Palmer to return to full form. I told everyone that would listen to me that last year the Bengals would be a bigger threat to the Steelers then the Ravens. Bengals proved that by winning the AFC North. So I expect the Bengals to be dangerous again. With that offense they have to be considered a threat.

Yea you did beat us at Heinz Field. But it took 4 turnovers to do so and you only won by 7. Steelers totally dominated the first game. About the playoff game. I don't play the what if game. So I don't want to hear what if Palmer didn't get hurt crap. All I know the Bengals held a 10 point lead twice in that game without Palmer and still lost the game.

About the upcoming season. Big Ben will be in this third year and have a full healthy thumb. Really watch out this year. Bengals have a first place schedule due to the fact that they won the division. Steelers get the second place schedule. Steelers have to be considered the favorite for the AFC North. With their schedule I see the Steelers winning 12-13 games. While the Bengals winning 10-11. We shall see though and its going to be a fun and interesting season.

Palmers Knee
04-27-2006, 06:12 PM
Another smartass remark. Something I've come to expect from you after reading so little posts of yours.

Oh my god. You do realize that I haven't called anyone an "idiot" or "stupid", right. You do know that, don't you? In my very first post, I said that that kind of thinking is "stupid" and "embarassing". I've layed out my reasons why I think that, though it's comical that I actually need to explain why the Bengals don't "suck". I've conducted myself with class on this board so far. Sure, you'll go pull a smart ass remark, but how about taking a look at the replies to my posts. And if the worst thing I've said is "here's a tissue", what is everyone so up in arms about? After last night, everything was cool. I got along great with all the people on here. Now all the people without jobs get online during the day and I get crucified.

Palmers Knee
04-27-2006, 06:13 PM
Oh yea, where's the guy that said Paul Brown Stadium was empty for the first half of the season? PBS has been sold out for 3 straight years.

tony hipchest
04-27-2006, 06:16 PM
PBS has been sold out for 3 straight years. thanks to steelerfans :sofunny:

BBC
04-27-2006, 06:17 PM
Oh my god. You do realize that I haven't called anyone an "idiot" or "stupid", right. You do know that, don't you?

You don't need to call anyone stupid or an idiot to be a smartass.

In my very first post, I said that that kind of thinking is "stupid" and "embarassing". I've layed out my reasons why I think that, though it's comical that I actually need to explain why the Bengals don't "suck".

You don't need to. I don't think anyone actually believes the Bengals truely suck.

I've conducted myself with class on this board so far. Sure, you'll go pull a smart ass remark, but how about taking a look at the replies to my posts.

There isn't just one smartass remark. Since about your third reply to this thread you're posts have been dripping with sarcasm and smartass remarks.

And if the worst thing I've said is "here's a tissue", what is everyone so up in arms about?

It is a combination of a lot of things you've said in this thread.

After last night, everything was cool. I got along great with all the people on here. Now all the people without jobs get online during the day and I get crucified.

Psst, it's 6:17, most people are home from work by now.

Palmers Knee
04-27-2006, 06:19 PM
About the playoff game. I don't play the what if game. So I don't want to hear what if Palmer didn't get hurt crap. All I know the Bengals held a 10 point lead twice in that game without Palmer and still lost the game.

Agreed. I didn't mention it until someone said Pittsburgh was banged up when the Bengals won. Without coming off as a jerk, or disrespectful, or whatever... You were down to the Bengals by 10 twice WITHOUT CARSON PALMER. You won, but I'm not so sure that's the greatest argument.

All of that said, of course you're the favorite. I don't dispute that. Just because I like my team, doesn't mean I think they're going 16-0. I think that's were a lot of you get confused. All I've done is defend them, not say they're going to win, but defend them. That's it.

Palmers Knee
04-27-2006, 06:21 PM
thanks to steelerfans :sofunny:

That doesn't even make sense. See what I'm dealing with...

BBC
04-27-2006, 06:24 PM
That doesn't even make sense. See what I'm dealing with...

He was saying that Steelers fans packed your stadium, not Bengals fans.

I'm not surprised you didn't understand that though. I'd be surprised if you knew that the Bengals had a team before this stadium, let alone who filled the seats.

Palmers Knee
04-27-2006, 06:28 PM
What would you expect out of a fan of another team on here? That's really what I want to know. Am I supposed to agree with everything you say? I mean if I drop in a little sarcasm, I'm automatically an *******. I AM A BENGALS FAN, I think they are good. I like them. I have well thought out posts that actually make sense, that should be good enough. So when someone says they "suck", but doesn't tell me why, I argue against it. I still haven't heard anyone tell me why the Bengals aren't any good. I heard that they weren't any good 15 years ago, but what that has to do with this team I have no idea. There are a few guys on here that are pretty cool and actually comprehend what I say, and that's great. But I get the feeling the rest of you are all hopped up on Red Bull, staring at the screen just waiting for the word "bengals" or "browns" to pop up so you can say they "suck". What's the point, don't you have something better to do with your time.

Palmers Knee
04-27-2006, 06:30 PM
He was saying that Steelers fans packed your stadium, not Bengals fans.

I'm not surprised you didn't understand that though. I'd be surprised if you knew that the Bengals had a team before this stadium, let alone who filled the seats.

No shit, I get it, but it's retarded. It might be funny if he meant the Pittsburgh game, but to say they are filling our stadium to watch the bengals play other teams isn't funny at all. It's something a child would say.

clevestinks
04-27-2006, 06:33 PM
[QUOTE= After last night, everything was cool. I got along great with all the people on here. Now all the people without jobs get online during the day and I get crucified.[/QUOTE]

Are you refering to me? Because I was at work thank you, I do have the luxury of play of spare time. As a matter of fact I`ve been employeed at that job for the past 22 years, and I own my own business. So once again a smartass remark. I`m 39, I started my job at 17, did my college in the evenings. You seem to have alot of time on your hands, and a bengals fan spending his entire free time on a Steelers site???? I missed qouted you once today and I did apologize for that already. Fact remains the bengals do not suck, but there not as good as the Steelers.

BBC
04-27-2006, 06:37 PM
What would you expect out of a fan of another team on here? That's really what I want to know. Am I supposed to agree with everything you say? I mean if I drop in a little sarcasm, I'm automatically an *******.

A little? A couple of your posts were dripping with it. After you said that you didn't want to "stir the pot."

I AM A BENGALS FAN, I think they are good. I like them. I have well thought out posts that actually make sense, that should be good enough.

I've usually got well thought out posts that make sense, and I'm still considered an *******. LITP has run into the same problem.

So when someone says they "suck", but doesn't tell me why, I argue against it.

Nobody said it. Your first post was already defending the Bengals to the "Bengals suck" quote.

I still haven't heard anyone tell me why the Bengals aren't any good. I heard that they weren't any good 15 years ago, but what that has to do with this team I have no idea.

While I personally don't feel the Bengals suck, or are even a below average team, I will tell you what will keep them out of the Super Bowl:

Carson's injury could be something that nags him the entire season
While the Bengals have improved their defensive line with the signing of Sam Adams, he was non-existant recently, and singing a player from free agency does not always mean success (see: 2005 Vikings)
Your safeties are still weak, even with the signing of an average safety of Dexter Jackson

Black@Gold Forever32
04-27-2006, 07:05 PM
Palmer's knee all I'm doing also is defending my team. I didn't call you any names. I didn't blast for you having your opinions. Just pointing out the Bengals did have the lead in the playoff game. So the Bengals really have no excuses. I hope your boy Carson comes back 100 percent. The rivalry is back between our two teams and its going to be fun.

By the way I like Carson Palmer yea he plays for the enemy. But I liked Carson since his USC days. His senior year he torched Notre Dame. Anybody that torches the Irish I'm a fan of. I wish Carson well except when he plays the Steelers of course.

Stlrs4Life
04-27-2006, 07:18 PM
On Palmer...
No one, especially Steelers fans know that Palmer's knee is "way worse" than expected. I think the fact that they didn't overspend to bring in Martin or Harrington shows they feel pretty confident about him being back on time, much like what they've been saying for months now.

On Kitna...

On Steelers Fans...

So in another words you can expect me to go to any of the Bengals boards and not expect to see any Steelers Suck comments? I agree with alot of what you are saying. The Bengals are better, no doubt, but if you would talk to any of your fellow fans, you would think that they have been winning SB after SB. The Bengals have had 1 great year in the past 15 years. We have done that a few times by now. Let's see what they do next season with an even tougher schedule. And like it was said ealier, we have beat the Bengals with a healthy Palmer.

Stlrs4Life
04-27-2006, 07:24 PM
I sure as hell wouldn't take much satisfaction out of beating the Steelers without Roethlisberger.

Yes you would,a win is a win on the schedule.

Palmers Knee
04-27-2006, 07:34 PM
Are you refering to me? Because I was at work thank you, I do have the luxury of play of spare time. As a matter of fact I`ve been employeed at that job for the past 22 years, and I own my own business. So once again a smartass remark. I`m 39, I started my job at 17, did my college in the evenings. You seem to have alot of time on your hands, and a bengals fan spending his entire free time on a Steelers site???? I missed qouted you once today and I did apologize for that already. Fact remains the bengals do not suck, but there not as good as the Steelers.

Good for you, a little too much info, but good for you. I wasn't referring to you.

Palmers Knee
04-27-2006, 07:36 PM
Your safeties are still weak, even with the signing of an average safety of Dexter Jackson

I have to disagree with you there. Dexter Jackson isn't a world beater, but Madieu Williams is a Pro-Bowl calibur player.

Palmers Knee
04-27-2006, 07:38 PM
Palmer's knee all I'm doing also is defending my team. I didn't call you any names. I didn't blast for you having your opinions. Just pointing out the Bengals did have the lead in the playoff game. So the Bengals really have no excuses. I hope your boy Carson comes back 100 percent. The rivalry is back between our two teams and its going to be fun.

By the way I like Carson Palmer yea he plays for the enemy. But I liked Carson since his USC days. His senior year he torched Notre Dame. Anybody that torches the Irish I'm a fan of. I wish Carson well except when he plays the Steelers of course.

I gotcha. If I used one of your quotes to defend myself, it's nothing personal. They're all running together at this point, my head is spinning.

MasterOfPuppets
04-27-2006, 07:40 PM
i got proof that the bengals suck!!! the sign says so...:sign09:

Palmers Knee
04-27-2006, 07:42 PM
So in another words you can expect me to go to any of the Bengals boards and not expect to see any Steelers Suck comments? I agree with alot of what you are saying. The Bengals are better, no doubt, but if you would talk to any of your fellow fans, you would think that they have been winning SB after SB. The Bengals have had 1 great year in the past 15 years. We have done that a few times by now. Let's see what they do next season with an even tougher schedule. And like it was said ealier, we have beat the Bengals with a healthy Palmer.

I know how it is, that's partly why I came over here. I get sick of listening to the bandwagon jumpers tout us as the next great thing in football. Half of those guys didn't give two shits about the Bengals two years ago. I've been a die hard Bengal fan for about 16 years, and that's probably the roughest stretch any fan has had to endure in the history of the franchise. So I get pissed when I hear these guys talking shit to me about my own team because I only picked them to go 11-5.

Palmers Knee
04-27-2006, 07:43 PM
Yes you would,a win is a win on the schedule.

I'd certainly take it, and move on. But I would know we didn't get their best shot.

BBC
04-27-2006, 07:44 PM
I have to disagree with you there. Dexter Jackson isn't a world beater, but Madieu Williams is a Pro-Bowl calibur player.

Hard for a Pro Bowl caliber player to never reach the Pro Bowl, isn't it?

BBC
04-27-2006, 07:45 PM
i got proof that the bengals suck!!! the sign says so...:sign09:

Hmm...hard to argue with that logic.

Palmers Knee
04-27-2006, 07:46 PM
Hard for a Pro Bowl caliber player to never reach the Pro Bowl, isn't it?

He'll get there. He's only played one year, but he was in the running for defensive rookie of the year. Last year was his second year, but missed it all because of a shoulder injury. Maybe you haven't heard of him, but it's common knowledge that the guy is a player.

BBC
04-27-2006, 07:54 PM
He'll get there. He's only played one year, but he was in the running for defensive rookie of the year. Last year was his second year, but missed it all because of a shoulder injury. Maybe you haven't heard of him, but it's common knowledge that the guy is a player.

I've heard of him, he's a pretty good player. He got over 100 tackles in his first season. We'll see how he progresses, but this is essentially his second year. He's still young, and I'm still not sold on Jackson.

Palmers Knee
04-27-2006, 08:01 PM
I've heard of him, he's a pretty good player. He got over 100 tackles in his first season. We'll see how he progresses, but this is essentially his second year. He's still young, and I'm still not sold on Jackson.

yea, I've got a few concerns about Jackson, but honestly anything is an upgrade over the stiffs we had back there last year. He's supposed to be good in the run game and a sure handed tackler. That's what we need, so hopefully he'll hold down the fort until something younger comes along (maybe this year in the first round)

PisnNapalm
04-27-2006, 08:44 PM
Wow... He's been here one day and has 51 posts. Zoinks!!

Maybe if we ignore him he'll go away.:banana:

The Bengals still suck!

LuckyNumber7
04-27-2006, 08:56 PM
On Palmer...

On Kitna...

On Steelers Fans...

Well, I can understand where you are coming from about getting different point of views, but, I have been on the Bengals website, and they same the same things about the Steelers. So I find it a little hippocritical that you can come on here and tell us that we are stupid for saying that last season was a fluke. You have no proof it wasn't. And you won't until next season. I mean, yea for competition sake, i want carson back. I will agree that the Bengals were a good team last year, they had great defense and offense. I personally hope that the Bengals are a good team next year, just so that the Steelers can beat them and feel even more pleasure, lol no jk. But seriously I hope they are a good team so that it is good competition. And I hate to sya it, but they did win the division fair and square, but come on, its a rivalry, Steeler fans hate Bengal fans, and Bengal fans hate Steeler fans, thats the way it is, and thats the way its always gonna be.

*LN7*

BBC
04-27-2006, 09:00 PM

The Bengals still suck!

That was uncalled for. He's made some smartass posts, but you are just adding fuel to the fire with posts like these. He is attempting to make peace after his posts, and you are doing a pretty good job of preventing it.

PisnNapalm
04-27-2006, 09:11 PM
alright... fine.

It's fine to have your Steeler Pride and all, but don't embarass yourself by saying "the Bengals suck". That's just plain stupid.

HburgXL06
04-27-2006, 09:20 PM
Here's a tissue, I didn't know I hurt your feelings so bad. Again, I'll refer to my last statement above. I haven't insulted anyone personally. Actually, all I've really done is insult the theory that the "bengals suck". And I'll continue to do so. I have no problem with others opinions, simply childish remarks that hold no water. Since you think I should defend my beliefs, explain to me how the "bengals suck". How does a team that won the division and ADDED key free agents, without losing anyone mind you, suck?

I got more to post on your ass but for now I'll deal wit the hardest attack you came at me wit. I wasn't offended I wasn't hurt. I didn't give a damn. I was defendin the people that do say "the bengals suck." You're takin the wrong context wit this and you act as though your own fanbase is innocent of any charges of doin the same to our team. You stated yourself that the bengals dropped off the map in 1991 and came back in the 05/06 season. However you add that it comes out to roughly 15 years. No one was sayin the bengals were bad 15 years ago. We were sayin the bengals were bad 15 years ago and were bad up until this year. This year they made a convincin run but like most people the Steelers fanbase won't give them no full credit until they can do it for more than one year. It would seem like your claimed "logical" mind could understand that fact. People don't give credit for bein good til they can see it done on a consistent basis. The Steelers have done that. They have been in the playoffs consistently in the past, they have had consistent winnin seasons in the past (when I say past I mean recent [5 years] past). The bengals have had one playoff appearance in the past 15-16 seasons. Next year the bengals will have a chance to prove they are becomin consistent (1 is chance, 2 is luck, 3 is skill). On a side note: the Steelers fans do not like the bengals. This was not so much so until recently when all of you fans decided to come to us (we never went to you) and started b*tchin, whinin, and moanin about how much you hated us, how much we cheated, and how much you were better than us. We hear "ben is gay" and we hear "Steelers suck" from your fanbase on a consistent basis and those are claims that are less supported than what we claim. We say that because yeah, now, we do not care for the bengals. As much as you want to mock it it is an opinion. It is a statement. It can also be propaganda as much as "the Steelers suck" is. Don't come at me actin like you're the superior force. We meet your arguments with our own and you get mad and say we are bein mean. You threw underhanded shit at us. This is an internet forum and therefore you have to be wise with how you say comments for risk of bein misinterpretted. If you don't mean to offend be careful, but I don't think you are tryin to be as innocent as possible. Don't think I'm hurt or scared because I ain't tremblin. I said your stadium was empty and it was. If you want evidence go watch some tapes. I never saw any bengals fans in seat until after the half of the season. I never heard of a "bengals fan" til all ya b*tches showed up b*tchin. The Steelers are the dominant force of the AFCN and you should realize that. Argue all you want that they are good now, that may be true, but we aren't standin still either. I can bet Cowher will like the feel of the ice on his finger and will want another so get ready to compete. We aren't ever gonna let you come in and push us around. It's our house no matter where we play you...and that is true I see more gold than orange whenever we play you. Stoppin trippin, you want to whine bout us comin down on you then leave. You came into our house to argue and we doin it. People gonna poke fun at this point because we've had so many of you guys come over here wit the same "the bengals are gonna whip yo asses next year because we have carson palmer" argument over and over. We tired of it, it's dead. Bury the shit til September and then we'll see. I ain't makin no speculations. I have faith in my team and their strength. You should have the same faith. Peace.

BuFu

Palmers Knee
04-27-2006, 10:05 PM
Well, I can understand where you are coming from about getting different point of views, but, I have been on the Bengals website, and they same the same things about the Steelers. So I find it a little hippocritical that you can come on here and tell us that we are stupid for saying that last season was a fluke. You have no proof it wasn't. And you won't until next season. I mean, yea for competition sake, i want carson back. I will agree that the Bengals were a good team last year, they had great defense and offense. I personally hope that the Bengals are a good team next year, just so that the Steelers can beat them and feel even more pleasure, lol no jk. But seriously I hope they are a good team so that it is good competition. And I hate to sya it, but they did win the division fair and square, but come on, its a rivalry, Steeler fans hate Bengal fans, and Bengal fans hate Steeler fans, thats the way it is, and thats the way its always gonna be.

*LN7*

That's cool. I tend to believe it wasn't a fluke. That's my opinion. I appreciate that you weren't an ass about it.

Palmers Knee
04-27-2006, 10:14 PM
I got more to post on your ass but for now I'll deal wit the hardest attack you came at me wit. I wasn't offended I wasn't hurt. I didn't give a damn. I was defendin the people that do say "the bengals suck." You're takin the wrong context wit this and you act as though your own fanbase is innocent of any charges of doin the same to our team. You stated yourself that the bengals dropped off the map in 1991 and came back in the 05/06 season. However you add that it comes out to roughly 15 years. No one was sayin the bengals were bad 15 years ago. We were sayin the bengals were bad 15 years ago and were bad up until this year. This year they made a convincin run but like most people the Steelers fanbase won't give them no full credit until they can do it for more than one year. It would seem like your claimed "logical" mind could understand that fact. People don't give credit for bein good til they can see it done on a consistent basis. The Steelers have done that. They have been in the playoffs consistently in the past, they have had consistent winnin seasons in the past (when I say past I mean recent [5 years] past). The bengals have had one playoff appearance in the past 15-16 seasons. Next year the bengals will have a chance to prove they are becomin consistent (1 is chance, 2 is luck, 3 is skill). On a side note: the Steelers fans do not like the bengals. This was not so much so until recently when all of you fans decided to come to us (we never went to you) and started b*tchin, whinin, and moanin about how much you hated us, how much we cheated, and how much you were better than us. We hear "ben is gay" and we hear "Steelers suck" from your fanbase on a consistent basis and those are claims that are less supported than what we claim. We say that because yeah, now, we do not care for the bengals. As much as you want to mock it it is an opinion. It is a statement. It can also be propaganda as much as "the Steelers suck" is. Don't come at me actin like you're the superior force. We meet your arguments with our own and you get mad and say we are bein mean. You threw underhanded shit at us. This is an internet forum and therefore you have to be wise with how you say comments for risk of bein misinterpretted. If you don't mean to offend be careful, but I don't think you are tryin to be as innocent as possible. Don't think I'm hurt or scared because I ain't tremblin. I said your stadium was empty and it was. If you want evidence go watch some tapes. I never saw any bengals fans in seat until after the half of the season. I never heard of a "bengals fan" til all ya b*tches showed up b*tchin. The Steelers are the dominant force of the AFCN and you should realize that. Argue all you want that they are good now, that may be true, but we aren't standin still either. I can bet Cowher will like the feel of the ice on his finger and will want another so get ready to compete. We aren't ever gonna let you come in and push us around. It's our house no matter where we play you...and that is true I see more gold than orange whenever we play you. Stoppin trippin, you want to whine bout us comin down on you then leave. You came into our house to argue and we doin it. People gonna poke fun at this point because we've had so many of you guys come over here wit the same "the bengals are gonna whip yo asses next year because we have carson palmer" argument over and over. We tired of it, it's dead. Bury the shit til September and then we'll see. I ain't makin no speculations. I have faith in my team and their strength. You should have the same faith. Peace.

BuFu

I already said I think recent Bengals fans are on an ego trip. For god's sake, I'm on a Steelers board because I'm sick of listening to them. That right there should show that I'm not some blow hard. But to your point about the stadium being half empty, I'll send you the DVD's if I have to. Every game has been sold out for the last 3 years, and if you think the stands were empty, you're smoking something. You can't get a ticket to save your life around here anymore, so you might want to check those tapes you saw.

By the way, you're welcome for clearing up that "leak" stuff you were asking about.

HburgXL06
04-27-2006, 10:22 PM
You're black, right?

Anyway, I already said I think recent Bengals fans are on an ego trip. For god's sake, I'm on a Steelers board because I'm sick of listening to them. That right there should show that I'm not some blow hard. But to your point about the stadium being half empty, I'll send you the DVD's if I have to. Every game has been sold out for the last 3 years, and if you think the stands were empty, you're smoking something. You can't get a ticket to save your life around here anymore, so you might want to check those tapes you saw.

I don't understand why my race would have anythin to do wit it. If you care no I'm considered "white." I'm a redhead so as many have pointed out I'm "whiter-than-white." If you want to see pics of me to confirm check the link at the bottom. You get credit for not sippin the kool-aid along wit the rest of the fanbase and besides bein somewhat of a smartass you don't go overboard. The stands may have been filled but there wasn't much of a roar of excitement from the fans. BTW, I am smokin somethin, and it's great. Take a guess. Send me some DVDs some time I could use some football games to watch durin this borin off-season. .......I'm still bothered by that ignorant black comment. WTF was that about bitch?

BuFu

http://community.webshots.com/user/BuFuHBG?action=publicAlbums

Edit: By the way...thanks for half clearin up that "leak" stuff. You just inferred I knew half of the shit and went on. I still don't know what the f*ck actually happened and if I had gotten it after you explained it I woulda thanked ya. All the other shit you were sayin I forgot to address that.

Palmers Knee
04-27-2006, 10:31 PM
So are you still wondering what went down at halftime of the Steelers playoff game? Supposedly Chad threw a punch at Hue Jackson, the receivers coach. And there were even reports that he swung at Marvin. As soon as these rumors started to fly, Chad denied them, and so did Marvin. Well about a month later is when Marvin took care of the "leak". I'm no insider, so I have no idea whether or not it was Kitna, but that is what the reports are. It seems to make sense considering they didn't really attempt to keep him here, even with Carson banged up. Kit always seemed like such a good guy though, so I'm not real sure what crawled up his ass that afternoon.

Palmers Knee
04-27-2006, 10:33 PM

The Bengals still suck!

I'm trying to work my way up to moderator.

CantStop85
04-27-2006, 10:34 PM
I'm a redhead so as many have pointed out I'm "whiter-than-white."
Hey, me too! It ain't easy being a redhead. :cool:

PisnNapalm
04-27-2006, 10:54 PM
/me is waiting for the Cliff's Notes version of this thread.

Admittedly, I have a fairly short attention span. Paragraphs over 5 lines long bore me.

tony hipchest
04-27-2006, 11:00 PM
So are you still wondering what went down at halftime of the Steelers playoff game? Supposedly Chad threw a punch at Hue Jackson, the receivers coach. And there were even reports that he swung at Marvin. As soon as these rumors started to fly, Chad denied them, and so did Marvin. Well about a month later is when Marvin took care of the "leak". I'm no insider, so I have no idea whether or not it was Kitna, but that is what the reports are. It seems to make sense considering they didn't really attempt to keep him here, even with Carson banged up. Kit always seemed like such a good guy though, so I'm not real sure what crawled up his ass that afternoon.

i wouldnt be so quick to buy this story. kitna was gone whether the bengals won the sb or not. regardless of what happenend in the locker room it was a forgone conclusion he was gone. was this story released when he packed his bags for detroit? no.

coincidentally enough, this story surfaced as soon as anthony wright (kyle bollers back-up) is signed to replace carson palmer. this story was fabricated so that when a. wright starts the season 0-4 and the fans start wondering why a viable, proven, veteran qb like kitna wasnt kept to preserve the fans sb dreams (while their franchise qb was sidelined), management and the coach can claim they HAD to get rid of the "snitch" or the "leak".

personally i think kitna deserves better than that. good thing hes out of that pit of snakes.

unfortunately the bengals went about signing a back up like they were signing one for a healthy farve, peyton, brady, or mcnabb. kyle bollers back up. enough said.

kitna is the scapegoat. nice.

Palmers Knee
04-27-2006, 11:20 PM
i wouldnt be so quick to buy this story. kitna was gone whether the bengals won the sb or not. regardless of what happenend in the locker room it was a forgone conclusion he was gone. was this story released when he packed his bags for detroit?

the bengals went about signing a back up like they were signing one for a healthy farve, peyton, brady, or mcnabb.

kitna is the scapegoat. nice.

That's not true. The "leak" stuff has been around for months. But no one knew who it was. But I heard it was Kitna before Wright was even mentioned. And to add to that, Marvin wouldn't do Kitna like that. He held Jon in the highest regard. He was like a coach, and he was a major factor in the development of Carson. You may be right about Jon not coming back either way, but like I said, Marvin wouldn't make him a scapegoat.

To your point about signing a back-up like we had a healthy Brady, etc., that wasn't the Bengals plan. They went after a bunch of guys, but no one wanted to sit behind a pro-bowler. And with the possibility that Carson wouldn't miss any time at all, it's possible that they wouldn't get on the field at all. That's not very apealing to someone wanting to revive their career. Anthony Wright said as much in his press conference. He said he wouldn't mind playing behind Carson because he was fed up with sitting behind guys that had no business on the field (Boller).

HburgXL06
04-27-2006, 11:27 PM
Hey, me too! It ain't easy being a redhead. :cool:

Rep points to a fellow redhead! You right, it really ain't easy bein a redhead. But you know we strong! Redheads are the real minority! Peace bro.

BuFu

clevestinks
04-28-2006, 04:59 AM
That's cool. I tend to believe it wasn't a fluke. That's my opinion. I appreciate that you weren't an ass about it.
I actually agree with you, I dont think it was a flike, but it is possible, only time will tell. And you have to admit this forum isnt half as bad as the bengals forum, like I said I went in there last year, and everything was Gay Ben post??????

ARKIESTEEL
04-28-2006, 06:56 AM
Someday the benguls may put two winning season together back to back. Then and maybe then folks wont say ohh its just the bunguls. I will say this you dont see to many ratbird fans coming on here running their suck at folks they know there roll. Young bungul fans will learn their place as well.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-28-2006, 09:09 PM
I actually agree with you, I dont think it was a flike, but it is possible, only time will tell. And you have to admit this forum isnt half as bad as the bengals forum, like I said I went in there last year, and everything was Gay Ben post??????

The bad thing is, they actually let all that stuff go over there and really think they are cool. I mean comon, how many times can 1 group of people rant and say steelers suck, ben gay, :blah: :blah: any amount of decent, intelligent smack talk is so far buried underneath the bullshit that its not even worth the effort to look for it.

clevestinks
04-29-2006, 09:01 AM
The bad thing is, they actually let all that stuff go over there and really think they are cool. I mean comon, how many times can 1 group of people rant and say steelers suck, ben gay, :blah: :blah: any amount of decent, intelligent smack talk is so far buried underneath the bullshit that its not even worth the effort to look for it.
You couldn`t be more right, like everywhere thay do have some descent posts!