PDA

View Full Version : 1 thing we MUST not do- knock out Sanchez.

tony hipchest
01-20-2011, 01:16 AM
mark brunnell cold off the bench is far more dangerous than sanchez, just like mark bulger woulda been an upgrade over joe flacco in the 2nd half of last weeks game.

just like 2nd year tom brady was looking shook vs the steelers in 2001 and we saved him by allowing drew bledsoe to come in and mop up.

SeinfeldNut
01-20-2011, 01:20 AM
That would be nice to have Brunnell come off the bench and go up against our D-line, but if we can just get some sacks on Sanchez and speed up his throwing motion I think we will be able to keep him from beating us.

MikeHaullace
01-20-2011, 01:29 AM
BLASPHEMER!!! :mad:

chitownpit
01-20-2011, 02:19 AM
Like Coach Dick would say, you dont have to sack him.
Did any body see Flacco driving balls into the ground
this weekend? If you speed up his thought proscess
he`ll make all kind of mistakes. And i believe they will live
or die by sancheese. At the half if there down 27 [close to
what we were] he stays in the game. Just like Ben did.
Minus the great comeback

MikeHaullace
01-20-2011, 02:39 AM
I'm one of the many hoping to see a couple of floaters, much like the Clark pick.

Pressure. Pressure. Pressure.

Acerinox
01-20-2011, 02:41 AM
Good point Tony but not sure it would work against this D.

Admit it's not the same sort of comparison, but didn't Ten bring in Collins and Oak bring in Gradkowski vs us this year when we whammed their QBs? And that didn't help them much.

FanSince72
01-20-2011, 09:49 AM
mark brunnell cold off the bench is far more dangerous than sanchez, just like mark bulger woulda been an upgrade over joe flacco in the 2nd half of last weeks game.

just like 2nd year tom brady was looking shook vs the steelers in 2001 and we saved him by allowing drew bledsoe to come in and mop up.

I learned that lesson a long time ago.

I was watching a Steelers / Oilers game at my buddy's house and we were winning and we took Warren Moon out and I thought, "Bingo!, We've got it made!"

But then Cody Carlson came in and proceeded to throw for four touchdowns.

Game over.

Ever since then I've always been leery of getting too excited when a starting QB gets taken out.

The moral of course is to be careful what you wish for.

CargoJon
01-20-2011, 11:57 AM
I've seen Brunell play. He's horrible.

43Hitman
01-20-2011, 11:58 AM
I've seen Brunell eat us alive many times.

Fire Arians
01-20-2011, 12:41 PM
the backup qb is almost always dangerous, he's the guy you don't prepare for

caseyviator
01-20-2011, 01:07 PM
i say kill all quarterbacks!!!!

in the nfl all the qbs are incredible passers with no one rushing them or they would not be nfl qbs period end of story

they qbs that can handle the rush are the best period...

its like in 7 on 7 drills most nfl qbs can go through the who.e practice without the ball hittin the ground.

presuure is absolutely everything in the nfl.

this is why i feel ben is the best qb in the league casue pressure botthers him less than any other qb including manning and brady and rivers.
again everytime we pressure the qb to death we win when we let them sit n throw we lose end of story its really that simple.

we pressure sanchez we win we dont we lose

i think we do and win 37 23

Fire Arians
01-20-2011, 01:08 PM
^ what makes you think they score 23 on us? lol. 2 special teams td's?

Pac
01-20-2011, 01:11 PM
^ what makes you think they score 23 on us? lol. 2 special teams td's?

meanwhile if you think your offense is getting anywhere near 37 points on this D you're sniffing too much glue... Pats and Colts are better offensively than you.... In the Pats case much, much better.

I knew there was a reason I came here this week. You guys are going to make this victory all the sweeter with your grandiose predictions. Keep em' coming.

lionslicer
01-20-2011, 01:14 PM
I've seen Brunell play. He's horrible.

Of course, starting quarterback who has one of the lowest interception percentages ever must be horrible.

He's dangerous because like firearians said, no oen prepares for him. His playing style is completely different than Sanchez's.

But he is slower than an elephant sitting in the pocket.

Fire Arians
01-20-2011, 01:15 PM
meanwhile if you think your offense is getting anywhere near 37 points on this D you're sniffing too much glue... Pats and Colts are better offensively than you.... In the Pats case much, much better.

I knew there was a reason I came here this week. You guys are going to make this victory all the sweeter with your grandiose predictions. Keep em' coming.

i don't agree with the 37 points either. we won't need that much to beat you guys.

and you ain't playin the pretty boy colts or patriots. your team is in for a fight this sunday and you guys ain't as nasty as us

fer522
01-20-2011, 01:17 PM
if we do what we did to Flacco in the third qt.
we should have no problem beating them

chitownpit
01-20-2011, 01:50 PM
the backup qb is almost always dangerous, he's the guy you don't prepare for

If he was that dangerous,he`d be starting,with that said,if his approach to the game
is completly different it can cause a defense to be unperpared and catch a
defence off guard. Never happen against Dicky ,he has that defence perpared.

chitownpit
01-20-2011, 01:54 PM

Thats right the pats are better offensively, how many points did they beat the
ravens by? There soft , and they suck , just like your jets!!!!!!!!!!!

SeinfeldNut
01-20-2011, 01:55 PM
if we do what we did to Flacco in the third qt.
we should have no problem beating them

Yep, and just keep constant pressure on Sanchez. Even knocking him down on throws he gets off can pile up and take its toll once the 4th qtr rolls around.

chitownpit
01-20-2011, 01:58 PM

By the way colts are soft,and suck with 3 ,21 yearold recievers and 2 banged up ones. get them healthy and we`d still kick there ass`s. Always have always will.

Neil-Still-Rules-14
01-20-2011, 02:04 PM

The Steelers just scored 31 points on the best defense in the NFL (other than the Steelers). Just saying.

DrunkFlea
01-20-2011, 02:07 PM
you ain't playin the pretty boy colts or patriots. your team is in for a fight this sunday and you guys ain't as nasty as us

QFT! :tt04:

chitownpit
01-20-2011, 02:07 PM
i say kill all quarterbacks!!!!

in the nfl all the qbs are incredible passers with no one rushing them or they would not be nfl qbs period end of story

they qbs that can handle the rush are the best period...

its like in 7 on 7 drills most nfl qbs can go through the who.e practice without the ball hittin the ground.

presuure is absolutely everything in the nfl.

this is why i feel ben is the best qb in the league casue pressure botthers him less than any other qb including manning and brady and rivers.
again everytime we pressure the qb to death we win when we let them sit n throw we lose end of story its really that simple.

we pressure sanchez we win we dont we lose

i think we do and win 37 23

37 POINTS ? thats alot against a great D

chitownpit
01-20-2011, 02:15 PM
Where did that jets fan go? There defence is the only thing that quits that fast!
come on back were having fun with you. REALLY , your funny!:wave:

Fire Arians
01-20-2011, 02:36 PM
Where did that jets fan go? There defence is the only thing that quits that fast!
come on back were having fun with you. REALLY , your funny!:wave:

they're probably looking for more news on revis to post here, cause that seems to be the only thing they can talk about.

JETSallDay
01-20-2011, 02:40 PM
The Steelers just scored 31 points on the best defense in the NFL (other than the Steelers). Just saying.

It helps that they were gifted the ball 3 times in a row in Ravens territory. Just saying.

SteelCityMom
01-20-2011, 02:47 PM
It helps that they were gifted the ball 3 times in a row in Ravens territory. Just saying.

Yeah, but it was still a big deal scoring that many points. For a good bit of the season the offense didn't have good red zone presence at all. I think it was 4/5 times they scored in the red zone against the Ravens (who have pretty decent red zone defense)...the other was a FG (which the Steelers settled for way too many times earlier in the season).

For a long time it was like they could move the ball well in between the 20's and then stall in the red zone. The past few games (and yes, I know the last two in regular season were against the Panthers and Browns...it was still good practice) they've gotten a lot better at that.

Oh, and those weren't gifts...they were straight up stolen by the Steelers D. :grin:

If you want to look at TO's as gifts, then you'll have to conceed that the Jets were given a hell of a lot of gifts this season too (including against the Colts and Pats).

Pac
01-20-2011, 02:49 PM

You were gifted 21 points!!

Don't expect the Jets to give you the ball in the red zone a couple times or allow Ben to loft a moon ball on 3rd and 19.

You were lucky to escape last week with a victory... not gonna happen this time... this is our year baby.

Fire Arians
01-20-2011, 02:51 PM

Don't expect the Jets to give you the ball in the red zone a couple times or allow Ben to loft a moon ball on 3rd and 19.

You were lucky to escape last week with a victory... not gonna happen this time... this is our year baby.

yeah you're right man. matter of fact call the steelers FO and tell our team not to show up. I mean, you guys already won from the sounds of it.

SteelCityMom
01-20-2011, 02:53 PM

Why shouldn't we expect Ben to convert a 3rd and long? He did it on 3rd and 24 against the Jets when they last met. :noidea:

And again, tired of this gifted shit. Jets were "gifted" a lot of points this season and post season too. The argument can go both ways.

43Hitman

And the Ravens were gifted 14, so whats your point? Does defense not count anymore?

Foreign Alphabet
Are you guys serious that Brunell is more dangerous than Sanchez? Give me a break.....

The key for your D, like has been said is pressure.... but early pressure. If Sanchez gets into a groove, he is very dangerous. He is very athletic and mobile, and when he is in the zone he is excellent at avoiding it

43Hitman
01-20-2011, 02:54 PM
Why shouldn't we expect Ben to convert a 3rd and long? He did it on 3rd and 24 against the Jets when they last met. :noidea:

And again, tired of this gifted shit. Jets were "gifted" a lot of points this season and post season too. The argument can go both ways.

But but but Revis!

43Hitman
01-20-2011, 02:56 PM
Are you guys serious that Brunell is more dangerous than Sanchez? Give me a break.....

The key for your D, like has been said is pressure.... but early pressure. If Sanchez gets into a groove, he is very dangerous. He is very athletic and mobile, and when he is in the zone he is excellent at avoiding it

Read the thread. That's not what anyone said. They said that the backup QB can be very dangerous. They often provide a spark and play without cause. Afterall they have nothing to lose.

4xSBChamps
01-20-2011, 02:56 PM
yeah you're right man. matter of fact call the steelers FO and tell our team not to show up. I mean, you guys already won from the sounds of it.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/funny%20pictures/BaghdadBobisaNewYorker.jpg

... you Pittsburghers are not-dealing in reality...

Pac
01-20-2011, 03:00 PM
you guys are cool and I enjoy the back and forth so it's with respect that I urge you all to start preparing yourselves for the inevitable.

It's not gonna happen this year... we're going to ride this wave of emotion straight through Heniz and onto Dallas.

I hope we get your support on 2/13.

SteelCityMom
01-20-2011, 03:04 PM
Read the thread. That's not what anyone said. They said that the backup QB can be very dangerous. They often provide a spark and play without cause. Afterall they have nothing to lose.

Yeah, it's like switching goalies in hockey. Sometimes the starter will just have a shitty night, let in a few soft goals, and then a backup (who is obviously not as good) will come in and shut things down. It sparks the team to play better.

Doesn't happen every time, but it happens often enough.

SteelCityMom
01-20-2011, 03:06 PM
you guys are cool and I enjoy the back and forth so it's with respect that I urge you all to start preparing yourselves for the inevitable.

It's not gonna happen this year... we're going to ride this wave of emotion straight through Heniz and onto Dallas.

I'm always prepared for the worst and hopeful for the best. You can't expect us (or the team) to just lay down and concede defeat though. We have every confidence in our team for a reason. None of you are going to change that. Nothing is "inevitable" on Sunday lol.

As far as the SB goes (if the Steelers aren't in it), I'll support the Jets if they play the Bears...but if the Packers are in I'm rooting for them all the way. Second favorite team and all. And tbh, I'd only not root for the Bears because of Cutler. If they had a non-douchey QB I'd root for them over the Jets too.

mcg24
01-20-2011, 03:11 PM
It doesn't matter what we do on defense. Darrelle Revis is the best football player in the history of mankind and he will pick off every single pass Big Ben throws. We will not score once, due to how incredible Revis is.

43Hitman
01-20-2011, 03:17 PM
I heard Revis beat up Chuck Norris today as an early morning work-out.

4xSBChamps
01-20-2011, 03:18 PM

... I realize that as a Jet-fan, you're not real familiar with the Super Bowl, but it's being played on the 6th of February ~ hope the STEELERS get your support that day when they play in Dallas...

43Hitman
01-20-2011, 03:19 PM
... I realize that as a Jet-fan, you're not real familiar with the Super Bowl, but it's being played on the 6th of February ~ hope the STEELERS get your support that day when they play in Dallas...

:toofunny::drink:

Pac
01-20-2011, 03:20 PM

I was referring to the victory parade.

Foreign Alphabet
01-20-2011, 03:21 PM

I was responding to the thread starter, who said so specifically

SteelCityMom
01-20-2011, 03:22 PM
I was referring to the victory parade.

Arizona had their victory parade planned out early too. True story.

Boundary63
01-20-2011, 03:25 PM
I'm one of the many hoping to see a couple of floaters, much like the Clark pick.

Pressure. Pressure. Pressure.

I agree.:tt04:

mcg24
01-20-2011, 03:29 PM
I heard Revis beat up Chuck Norris today as an early morning work-out.

And then he decided to end world hunger.

43Hitman
01-20-2011, 03:30 PM
Arizona had their victory parade planned out early too. True story.

That was the best..remember all those fans talking about Fitz and Boldin and all those studs on defense :rofl:And they had a HOF QB throwing to them. lmao

isunormalil
01-20-2011, 03:31 PM
Like Coach Dick would say, you dont have to sack him.
Did any body see Flacco driving balls into the ground
this weekend? If you speed up his thought proscess
he`ll make all kind of mistakes. And i believe they will live
or die by sancheese. At the half if there down 27 [close to
what we were] he stays in the game. Just like Ben did.
Minus the great comeback

I saw Sanchez miss his receivers many times. He had Keller wide open down the middle and missed him by a mile.

Pac
01-20-2011, 03:33 PM
I saw Sanchez miss his receivers many times. He had Keller wide open down the middle and missed him by a mile.

You realize if you start believing this rubbish about Sanchez being terrible it's going to hurt that much more when he torches you this Sunday?

mcg24
01-20-2011, 03:35 PM
You realize if you start believing this rubbish about Sanchez being terrible it's going to hurt that much more when he torches you this Sunday?

Sanchez? Torch? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

isunormalil
01-20-2011, 03:36 PM

I will be waiting. He had 0 whole TD's 3 weeks ago against a Steelers defense that didn't blitz, and minus Troy. He did have his 1 run...I will take my chances. You can set yourself up for disappointment believing Sanchez is the next Joe Montana. I heard how great Cutler was a few years ago with the Broncos...until he got picked 3 times.

43Hitman
01-20-2011, 03:36 PM

I hope you show up to put your foot in your mouth after your jets trip over their own feet. :chuckle:

mcg24
01-20-2011, 03:38 PM
I hope you show up to put your foot in your mouth after your jets trip over their own feet. :chuckle:

He won't be anywhere close to these forums when the games over. He will run like Forrest Gump

isunormalil
01-20-2011, 03:39 PM

They will be in hibernation after Sunday. They played a Colts team that barely won their division over the Jags. The Pats win was legit...even if Brady look like he could barely move with that stress fracture in his foot.

Pac
01-20-2011, 03:39 PM

funny story... Kellen Clemens (our now 3rd stringer) sacked himself last year in a game at Tampa... he only made it to step 4 of his 7 step drop before he tripped over himself and stayed down. Quite embarassing actually.. still won 26-3 though.

As for this Sunday Sanchez has poise beyond his years. I may have exagerrated slightly with "torch" but I fully expect a good, safe, game. 225 with 2 TD's sounds about right.

Pac
01-20-2011, 03:40 PM
He won't be anywhere close to these forums when the games over. He will run like Forrest Gump

I'll be around... I'll understand if I don't get the heros welcome I should.

isunormalil
01-20-2011, 03:43 PM
funny story... Kellen Clemens (our now 3rd stringer) sacked himself last year in a game at Tampa... he only made it to step 4 of his 7 step drop before he tripped over himself and stayed down. Quite embarassing actually.. still won 26-3 though.

As for this Sunday Sanchez has poise beyond his years. I may have exagerrated slightly with "torch" but I fully expect a good, safe, game. 225 with 2 TD's sounds about right.

175 yards, 1 TD (maybe running or passing), 2-TO's. He isn't accurate enough to throw 3 TD's against the blitzing steeler defense. He had 0 passing TD's against a defense minus Polamalu.

SteelCityMom
01-20-2011, 03:43 PM
225 with 2 TD's sounds about right.

Not to be a total smartass...but has Sanchez posted those kinds of numbers against anyone this year?

Pac
01-20-2011, 03:48 PM
Not to be a total smartass...but has Sanchez posted those kinds of numbers against anyone this year?

besides the last 2 weeks?

and I don't mind taking any smart remarks since I'm giving a few. : )

isunormalil
01-20-2011, 03:51 PM

Yes, the Pats. He had a career game last week. He also had big games against Buffalo, Cle, Mia,NE. He has had more 0 TD games than 2-3. His passer rating is 75 compared to Bens 97. Ben has more TD, and only 5 INT's in 4 less games.

Sanchez can't hold Bens job strap.

PS- Ben has 3200 yards passing to Sanchez 3290...in four less games.

mcg24
01-20-2011, 03:59 PM
I'll understand if I don't get the heros welcome I should.

So you're a hero now?

4xSBChamps
01-20-2011, 04:00 PM
Not to be a total smartass...but has Sanchez posted those kinds of numbers (225 yards & 2 TD) against anyone this year?

26 Sep 10 ~ 256 yards, 3 TD (beat Mai)
14 Nov 10 ~ 299 yards, 2 TD (beat Clv)
21 Nov 10 ~ 315 yards, 3 TD (beat Hou)

Miami, Cleveland, and Houston aren't likely to be confused for the Steeler defense

isunormalil
01-20-2011, 04:02 PM
I might add taking Polamalu out of the Steelers lineup is like taking Revis out of the Jets. Without Polamalu...Sanchez threw 0 TD's He is now going to throw 3 with Troy back. He has made huge progress in 5 weeks.

Pac
01-20-2011, 04:04 PM
So you're a hero now?

I'll leave that for you to decide.

isunormalil
01-20-2011, 04:05 PM
26 Sep 10 ~ 256 yards, 3 TD (beat Mai)
14 Nov 10 ~ 299 yards, 2 TD (beat Clv)
21 Nov 10 ~ 315 yards, 3 TD (beat Hou)

Miami, Cleveland, and Houston aren't likely to be confused for the Steeler defense

10/15 games he can barely score a TD. Now he is ranked up there with the HOF QB's.

Bal-0
Min-0
Den-1
GNB-0
Det-1
CIN-1
NE-0
Mia-0
Pit-0 -Minus Troy
CHI-0
BUF- didn't play

sarahpalinhater
01-20-2011, 04:12 PM
The ONE thing Mark Sanchez CAN do better then Ben Roethlisberger is....he can REALLY " Pack " am in :rofl:

http://www.tmz.com/videos?autoplay=true&mediaKey=f7256f34-e7db-4899-bc9b-7a4a28bd659d

SteelCityMom
01-20-2011, 04:19 PM
besides the last 2 weeks?

and I don't mind taking any smart remarks since I'm giving a few. : )

His numbers weren't that impressive the last two weeks.

Against the Colts: 18/31 189 yards 0tds 1 INT

Against the Pats: 16/25 194 yards 3tds 0 INT

Now, I know that sounds impressive against the Pats, but the drives he scored TDs on, all but one started in Pats territory (NE 49, NE 21, NYJ 25). Aren't 2/3 of those considered gifts or something? :chuckle:

Pats and Colts aren't known for defense either.

I was mainly wondering more about the regular season though.

Against GB, he had a lot of yards (256), but no TDs and 2 INTs. Resulted in a loss.

Against Chicago he did ok. 269 with a TD and an INT. Lots of fumbles in that game though, an he didn't get sacked once. Chicago still won.

He did very well against Houston (315, 3 tds, 1 INT) and they still only won by 3. Houston btw had one of the worst defenses this year...and were dead last in passing defense.

He also did well against Cleveland and Detroit though....but Houston, Detroit and Cleveland are all bottom dwellers in defense.

Pac
01-20-2011, 04:30 PM
Why are you people so obsessed with statistics. I could turn that around and say that because Wallace only had 60 catches this year he has no business being mentioned as a top tier WR.

Sanchez has something that shows up on stat sheets... Moxie.

He's 4-1 in the playoffs and appearing in his 2nd consecutive AFC Championship game in his first 2 years!!

You all may not respect him now but this Sunday evening you will be forced to.

sarahpalinhater
01-20-2011, 04:33 PM
Why are you people so obsessed with statistics. I could turn that around and say that because Wallace only had 60 catches this year he has no business being mentioned as a top tier WR.

He's 4-1 in the playoffs and appearing in his 2nd consecutive AFC Championship game in his first 2 years!!

60 catches,,,,for how many yards and TD's ?

Yeah I thought so " Drunk " Jets fan :drink:

4xSBChamps
01-20-2011, 04:34 PM
His numbers weren't that impressive the last two weeks.

Against the Colts: 18/31 189 yards 0tds 1 INT

Against the Pats: 16/25 194 yards 3tds 0 INT

Now, I know that sounds impressive against the Pats, but the drives he scored TDs on, all but one started in Pats territory (NE 49, NE 21, NYJ 25). Aren't 2/3 of those considered gifts or something? :chuckle:

Pats and Colts aren't known for defense either.

I was mainly wondering more about the regular season though.

Against GB, he had a lot of yards (256), but no TDs and 2 INTs. Resulted in a loss.

Against Chicago he did ok. 269 with a TD and an INT. Lots of fumbles in that game though, an he didn't get sacked once. Chicago still won.

He did very well against Houston (315, 3 tds, 1 INT) and they still only won by 3. Houston btw had one of the worst defenses this year...and were dead last in passing defense.

He also did well against Cleveland and Detroit though....but Houston, Detroit and Cleveland are all bottom dwellers in defense.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/football/Jetsfans.jpg

STOP MAKING SENSE!!!

SteelCityMom
01-20-2011, 04:37 PM

We have to deal with Ravens fans all the time, and their knob slobbering of Flacco and Harbaugh. Yet the Steelers still beat them as a past time (especially in big games).

Like Flacco, Sanchez has never been able to prove himself in the biggest of games. He's won some playoff games, but not when it gets down to the nitty gritty.

If the Jets win, and Sanchez plays well, I'll give him his due respects...but tbh, we've heard all this crap before. A couple times.

Oh, and you could say that about Wallace, but it would make you look dumb. Considering the fact that Wallace had Batch and Dixon (who?) throwing to him for 4 games. Besides, with only being thrown to 60 times, he's still 5th in yards, second behind Deshean Jackson (for WRs with more than 11 catches) in yards/play, 8th in ypg and tied with a bunch for 7th in TDs. Again, that was all with Ben out for 4 games. Steelers ran like the Jets for the first 4.

4xSBChamps
01-20-2011, 04:39 PM
Why are you people so obsessed with statistics.

who predicted that Sanchez would throw for 225 yards and 2 TDs...

... without being asked?

:noidea:

mcg24
01-20-2011, 05:54 PM
I'll leave that for you to decide.

Well it seems as if you decided it for yourself.

tony hipchest
01-20-2011, 08:35 PM
I'll be around... I'll understand if I don't get the heros welcome I should.conceding defeet already, huh?