PDA

View Full Version : Isaac Redman

MikeHaullace
01-20-2011, 01:46 AM
Is it just me or does he not look like a combination of Ray Rice and Pocket Hercules every time his number is called?

sarahpalinhater
01-20-2011, 01:53 AM
Is it just me or does he not look like a combination of Ray Rice and Pocket Hercules every time his number is called?

I like him. After his training camp, and pre-season games I thought he would shine as a Sub for Mendy at RB and our redzone bulldoizer. However he has been kinda a disappointment. I mean 0 TD's rushing. Yes I know he did CATCH one of the biggest TD's of the season that basically gave us the division. But after camp, I thought Redman was gonna be a 170-200 carry RB for 800-850 Yds and 10 + TD's.

Third Rail
01-20-2011, 02:00 AM
But... how many times has he been given the ball in the red zone? Don't they usually go with Mendy?

Buddha Bus
01-20-2011, 02:02 AM
But... how many times has he been given the ball in the red zone? Don't they usually go with Mendy?

Yeah, and Moore too for some odd reason. I just don't think they give him enough carries to be effective, especially in the red zone.

Acerinox
01-20-2011, 02:02 AM
It's not at all clear to me why Moore is still preferred to Redman in the rotation for Mendenhall.
Do you know we're something like 90% converting 3rd-and-1 this year?
That's VERY different to last year and the reason why is Isaac Redman.
His only real play against Balt was one of the more awesome moments of that game when he just plain juked an onrushing RayRay in the backfield and made 5 yards to convert.

sarahpalinhater
01-20-2011, 02:04 AM

I guess what I mean is I wish maybe the team would have reduced Mendy's carries say from the 324 he got to say in the 250-260 range, and gave an extra 65-70 to Redman. I guess none of us can be disappointed in 13 TD's by Mendenhall. And he has done better with the screen passes this season. I just wanted to get Redman some more carries just in case of an Injury to Mendy.

chitownpit
01-20-2011, 02:04 AM
He looks great when his number is called. Wish Air Head would call that
number more.:thumbsup:

tony hipchest
01-20-2011, 02:08 AM
he may not be "on details" in practice.

tomlin is pretty high on that details crap and all players knowing the entire offense/defense.

anyone notice draft pick phenom j. dwyer hasnt done jack shit either?

Buddha Bus
01-20-2011, 02:12 AM

tomlin is pretty high on that details crap and all players knowing the entire offense/defense.

I'm willing to reserve judgement on Dwyer until next year, after he's had some more time. Redman didn't get the call last year either and I see improvement in him this year. Redman will be even better next year and, hopefully, Dwyer can fill his spot so Moore becomes expendable. I like Mewelde, but I think his time with us is up.

Acerinox
01-20-2011, 02:13 AM
That's because Dwyer offers nothing to this football team apart from disappointment.

/unreasonably opinionated rant

MikeHaullace
01-20-2011, 02:14 AM

I think Redman is still in the grooming process. Pretty confident it's understood that he will be replacing MeMo's spot on the roster next year.

As far as Dwyer goes, I loved what I saw of him in college. Polamalu's rookie year was pretty quiet as well. Let's hope he can learn the offense. That would be a silly-good 3-headed-monster on the ground; Mendy/Redman/Dwyer*

(* - based solely on college highlight homerism.).

MikeHaullace
01-20-2011, 02:16 AM

This year, it seemed to be dependant on which half it was at the time.

Mendy got the first half red zone/goal line carries, Redman, the second half/fourth quarter.

SH-Rock
01-20-2011, 02:25 AM
Well for he's got this season he's done pretty well.
52 carries for 247 yards is pretty good. While Moore has 33 caries for 99 yards. So doing the math if Redman was given all the snaps Moore took he would have 85 carries for 405 yards.

But really, they need to use him in the Redzone more. He's more of a power back than Mendy.

chitownpit
01-20-2011, 02:33 AM
Drwyer is a fricken stud . And i think Redman will soon be
forgot . Did anybody see the 24 TDs he scored the last two
years? He`ll pass Redmen in the rotation. Just get the playbook
down

MikeHaullace
01-20-2011, 02:36 AM
T3rmS4fh-z4

LOL @ Duke highlights. You'll know it when you see it.

Third Rail
01-20-2011, 02:49 AM
T3rmS4fh-z4

Okay... why the hell was this guy drafted so low and why aren't we playing him more? Damn. Unless he was playing against a bunch of special needs kids in each of those games, he looks frigging awesome to me.

chitownpit
01-20-2011, 02:49 AM
Thanks that was wicked good!!!!!!!!!!!:popcorn:

MikeHaullace
01-20-2011, 02:53 AM
Okay... why the hell was this guy drafted so low and why aren't we playing him more? Damn. Unless he was playing against a bunch of special needs kids in each of those games, he looks frigging awesome to me.

For starters, he was implicated in a rumor with multiple other high-profile players that failed a drug test. For him personally, it turned out to be prescription meds (ADD/legal).

Full Story (http://blogs.ajc.com/jeff-schultz-blog/2010/04/19/dwyer-will-overcome-bad-pre-draft-rumor/)

He may not be very bright. Article says he smart. I'uno. The playbook may be a bit much for him. If he learns it, he will be dangerous. Especially if he and Mendy are keeping each other fresh.

MikeHaullace
01-20-2011, 02:56 AM
Getting this thread back on track:

jixyYRkaC-k

scsteeler
01-20-2011, 04:44 AM
I would love the Redman pound the Ball on the Jets for with about 18 carries.

pittsurghsteelers4life
01-20-2011, 04:52 AM
I like him. After his training camp, and pre-season games I thought he would shine as a Sub for Mendy at RB and our redzone bulldoizer. However he has been kinda a disappointment. I mean 0 TD's rushing. Yes I know he did CATCH one of the biggest TD's of the season that basically gave us the division. But after camp, I thought Redman was gonna be a 170-200 carry RB for 800-850 Yds and 10 + TD's.
Hey u cany blame him....the don't use him as much...BUT they need to for this Game....mendy fumble the ball @ times he need to stop that shit for really ...I hope his ass don't fumble on the game Sunday.....they really do need to play Redman he quicker then mendy....Mendy can get to the hole quick enought when itz open...he's a power runner....Parker was a quick running back......this is going to be a harder game for us to win...because Rex got them boys believeing they can do it.....But we have the better team we just going to have to get after Jets punk ass quarterback & dismember his ass......they Sack been three time & we only got after Santz one ****en time we have to do way BETTER then that.....we need to run the ball & eat up some clock & score TD'S.......no field goes......we needto blow the jets out just like NEW ELG....did that would be nice .......CAN'T WAIT.......LOL

MasterOfPuppets
01-20-2011, 06:01 AM
because he played in a goofey offense that didn't help him one bit at the NFL level....NFL backs are expected to be able to recognize blitzes and be able to block. things dwyer never learned at GT. basically what the steelers got was an unmolded piece of clay.

chitownpit
01-20-2011, 06:55 PM
T3rmS4fh-z4

Yea , thank god he dropped to us over a stupid drug screening
for a percription. Cant wait to see him next year!!!!!!

mcg24
01-20-2011, 08:26 PM
Redman is a very strong and durable runner. He bounces off tacklers and almost reminds me of a Duce Staley kind of guy. I really believe Dwyer has the ABILITY to become a big time back, if he can actually develop, a 1-2 punch with him and Mendy could be explosive. Time will tell.

cubanstogie
01-20-2011, 08:58 PM
he is a big reason why we are first in the league at 3rd and 1 conversions. Last year we were probably last, we sucked and most of the time had to pass to convert. It also could be Pouncey. Either way I will give them both kudos .

43Hitman
01-20-2011, 09:29 PM

Yeah, and Moore too for some odd reason. I just don't think they give him enough carries to be effective, especially in the red zone.

I honestly think we see a lot more of Redman next season. I don't think we need Memo anymore, Redman is already pushing him. Then Dwyer can step up into Redmans role over the last couple of years.