04-26-2006, 10:13 PM
2nd Round: Brian Dawkins
3rd Round: Terrell Owens
4th Round: Rudi Johnson
5th Round: Rodney Harrison
6th Round: Tom Brady
7th Round: Donald Driver
Undrafted: Antonio Gates

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0604/gallery.nflnonpicks/content.1.html

3 to be 4
04-26-2006, 10:18 PM
pffft. id take Joe Montana over Owens i would think

Ohio Steeler
04-26-2006, 10:23 PM
Tom Brady is the name that sticks out for me

tony hipchest
04-26-2006, 10:35 PM
sorry. other than joe montanna i'll just take the steelers draft class of '74.

4 rings and 4 hall of famers.

SteelerDan43
04-26-2006, 10:36 PM
2nd Round: Brian Dawkins
3rd Round: Terrell Owens
4th Round: Rudi Johnson
5th Round: Rodney Harrison
6th Round: Tom Brady
7th Round: Donald Driver
Undrafted: Antonio Gates

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0604/gallery.nflnonpicks/content.1.html

Im assuming they are meaning recently because there is no way they are going to say Rudi Johnson is a better player than Stallworth nor is Harrison a better pick than Webster

tony hipchest
04-26-2006, 10:40 PM
"The 1974 draft delivered wide receiver Lynn Swann (first round), linebacker Jack Lambert (second), wide receiver John Stallworth (fourth) and center Mike Webster (fifth). All became Hall of Famers and helped make the Steelers the "Team of the Seventies."
from todays USA TODAY

3 to be 4
04-26-2006, 10:45 PM
"The 1974 draft delivered wide receiver Lynn Swann (first round), linebacker Jack Lambert (second), wide receiver John Stallworth (fourth) and center Mike Webster (fifth). All became Hall of Famers and helped make the Steelers the "Team of the Seventies."
from todays USA TODAY

yeah, but they totally ****ed it up in the third round!! :bouncy:

tony hipchest
04-26-2006, 10:47 PM
yeah, but they totally ****ed it up in the third round!! :bouncy:

lol. definitely the black eye of the franchise.

3 to be 4
04-26-2006, 10:53 PM
on the flip side, was their ever a draft worse than Bobby Griers total screw up in 1997 for the Patriots? i dont think one player selected panned out. Grier may have been the worst GM ever. the Patriots slide from SB team in 1996 to 5-11 in Belichicks first year in 2000 was a direct result of horrible drafting for 3 years. Kevin Faulk, Tebucky Jones,Robert Edwards, and Damien Woody were the only players who ever did ANYTHING out of the draft over 3 years. Greg Spires played well for Tampa later. Grier got 4 picks for Bill Parcells and drafted Sedrick Shaw, Tony Simmons, Andy Katzenmoyer,and Damon Denson. Pete Carroll did a fine job in NE but got done in by a lousy GM.

tony hipchest
04-26-2006, 11:06 PM
on the flip side, was their ever a draft worse than Bobby Griers total screw up in 1997 for the Patriots? i dont think one player selected panned out. Grier may have been the worst GM ever. the Patriots slide from SB team in 1996 to 5-11 in Belichicks first year in 2000 was a direct result of horrible drafting for 3 years. Kevin Faulk, Tebucky Jones,Robert Edwards, and Damien Woody were the only players who ever did ANYTHING out of the draft over 3 years. Greg Spires played well for Tampa later. Grier got 4 picks for Bill Parcells and drafted Sedrick Shaw, Tony Simmons, Andy Katzenmoyer,and Damon Denson. Pete Carroll did a fine job in NE but got done in by a lousy GM. good point. just hearing the name andy katzenmoyer reminds me how bad they were those few years. (1-15 season notwithstanding)

Hines86Ward
04-27-2006, 12:35 PM
Best 3rd round pick in the past 10 years.....Hines Ward...hands down

WWIIOwheelz
04-27-2006, 02:29 PM
Rudi Johnson is huge for the Bungles. Guy in my Fantasy Football league went to highschool with him in Virginia, how I found out about him the year he was drafted. I naturally folowed his career after that, and he's in the upper-tier of backs in the league. Against anyone except the Steelers, anyway. :D

3 to be 4
04-27-2006, 06:13 PM
Just looked it up...not too many menorable names in the 3rd round of the '96 draft, but I'd say Tedy Bruschi was the best of that group, not TO.

the 1995 Patriots draft was terrific, 1st round-Ty Law, 2nd rd-Curtis Martin,3rd round-
Ted Johnson, 5th round -Dave Wohlbaugh