PDA

View Full Version : I just called sirius

DFWSTEELERFAN
01-20-2011, 12:08 PM
I was talking about how I think Sanchez is over rated. They have been praising this guy like he is God and he is mediocre at best...:blah:

Jetsfan115
01-20-2011, 12:13 PM
I was talking about how I think Sanchez is over rated. They have been praising this guy like he is God and he is mediocre at best...:blah:

he's a 2nd year QB who only started 16 games in college. and he's improved in every category from his rookie year. ok and he's made the championship game in his 1st 2 seasons.

He doesn't have gaudy numbers but he's been as clutch as they come

MDSteel15
01-20-2011, 12:17 PM
talk about overrated! With his line we'd be undefeated!!!

DFWSTEELERFAN
01-20-2011, 12:20 PM
he's a 2nd year QB who only started 16 games in college. and he's improved in every category from his rookie year. ok and he's made the championship game in his 1st 2 seasons.

Look at Ben's numbers vs his the first two years.. It's not even close.. 54 completion pct, 6.5YPP. Give me a break..

If we stop the run and make him pass, we will win..

Atlanta Dan
01-20-2011, 12:29 PM
We heard the same "overrrated" claim about Ben in 2005 (and for that matter after 2005 when he gagged in Super Bowl XL)

Ben made the leap from game manager to passing threat during his second year in the Indy and Denver playoff games - Sanchez gave a glimpse of that possibility in the drive that put the Jets up 21-11 on Sunday - hopefully the trend does not continue Sunday

SoCalFan
01-20-2011, 12:35 PM
Sanchez is a product of his teams success.He is pretty good and has made improvements but sorry jets fans,hes still outside the top 10 QBs and will LOSE this weekend!!!

Jetsfan115
01-20-2011, 12:38 PM
Look at Ben's numbers vs his the first two years.. It's not even close.. 54 completion pct, 6.5YPP. Give me a break..

If we stop the run and make him pass, we will win..

ben also had 4 years in college as a starter opposed to 1 for sanchez. Ben also had the full offseason as a starter sanchez completed and split reps. Ben had hines ward and holmes to build chemistry with, when sanchez started he had chansi stucky, j-co, brad smith, and clowney. 2 of them aren't with teh team anymore and smith sia better returner and gadget player then he is a WR. in week 4 we traded for edwards so they've only been together 1.5 years. he's only had holmes for 14 weeks? QBs take time to gel and learn. Plus i'm not comparing him to big ben. i think ben is a top 6 QB

1) manning
2) Brady
3) Brees
4) Rodgers
5) Rivers
6) Ben

We heard the same "overrrated" claim about Ben in 2005 (and for that matter after 2005 when he gagged in Super Bowl XL)

Ben made the leap from game manager to passing threat during his second year in the Indy and Denver playoff games - Sanchez gave a glimpse of that possibility in the drive that put the Jets up 21-11 on Sunday - hopefully the trend does not continue Sunday

pretty much. ben's 1st real great season came in his 4th year. he actually took a big step back in his 3rd season. but he's turned out to be great. i love how people call sanchez overrated because he isn't an elite QB even though he's in his 2nd year. most QBs suck their 1st 2-3 seasons

Jetsfan115
01-20-2011, 12:39 PM
Sanchez is a product of his teams success.He is pretty good and has made improvements but sorry jets fans,hes still outside the top 10 QBs and will LOSE this weekend!!!

i don't think any jet fan considered him a top 10 QB at this point. i think by year 3-4 he'll be top 10. right now i'd say top 15 though.

DFWSTEELERFAN
01-20-2011, 12:47 PM

The difference is Sanchez is over rated... Ben threw the ball down the field and completed a much higher pct (and was more efficient).

2005 Pittsburgh Steelers pct 62.7 yards 2,385 ypp 8.9 td/int 17/ 9 98 rating
2004 Pittsburgh Steelers pct 66.4 yatds 2,621 ypp 8.9 td/int 17/ 11 98 rating

2010 New York Jets pct 54.8 yards 3,291 ypp 6.5 td/int 17/ 13 rating 75
2009 New York Jets pct 53.8 yards 2,444 ypp 6.7 td/int 12/ 20 rating 63

Fire Arians
01-20-2011, 12:51 PM

HE didn't make it to the championship, the rest of his team did.

It's the kordell stewart effect. Strong defense, strong running game, shitty qb. you can still get far, until you get to an AFC Championship game, then you're ****ed.

Hell, is it unfair to compare sanchez to kordell stewart? I think so. Kordell's stats are actually better, I shouldn't disrespect him like that :chuckle:

MDSteel15
01-20-2011, 12:53 PM

It's the kordell stewart effect. Strong defense, strong running game, shitty qb. you can still get far, until you get to an AFC Championship game, then you're ****ed.

Hell, is it unfair to compare sanchez to kordell stewart? I think so. Kordell's stats are actually better, I shouldn't disrespect him like that :chuckle:

Thank you :wave:

bob420
01-20-2011, 12:57 PM
Ben's first 2 years

Plaxico

2004 Pitt
2005 NYG

Holmes

2006 Pitt

Sanchez was competing for reps this off season?

43Hitman
01-20-2011, 01:10 PM
i think ben is a top 6 QB

1) manning
2) Brady
3) Brees
4) Rodgers
5) Rivers
6) Ben

You're kidding with this list right? Rodgers and Rivers haven't won shit in this league.

pete74
01-20-2011, 01:11 PM
sanchez made it to the afc championship 2 straight years so i dont buy into he is overrated. if you want to say he didnt get his team there then you can say the same about ben in alot of games

DrunkFlea
01-20-2011, 01:12 PM
Ben also had the full offseason as a starter sanchez completed and split reps.

Ben was our #3 QB going into his rookie season (behind Maddox and Batch). It wasn't until week 2 when Maddox got hurt against the Ravens did he get put in. Ben wasn't even planned to play at all that season. Sanchez was named the Jets starter from the beginning of his rookie season.

Which one got the better reps in the off season??? :noidea:

Ben had hines ward and holmes to build chemistry with

Ben was drafted in 2004 - Holmes in 2006.

Fire Arians
01-20-2011, 01:14 PM
sanchez made it to the afc championship 2 straight years so i dont buy into he is overrated. if you want to say he didnt get his team there then you can say the same about ben in alot of games

I get what you're saying but ben in his first 2 years won a LOT more games with his arm than sanchez did. The run in 2005 you can pretty much say it was all ben, they came into the playoffs throwing. Dirty sanchez leaned on the running game

SteelCityMom
01-20-2011, 01:17 PM
ben also had 4 years in college as a starter opposed to 1 for sanchez. Ben also had the full offseason as a starter sanchez completed and split reps. Ben had hines ward and holmes to build chemistry with, when sanchez started he had chansi stucky, j-co, brad smith, and clowney. 2 of them aren't with teh team anymore and smith sia better returner and gadget player then he is a WR. in week 4 we traded for edwards so they've only been together 1.5 years. he's only had holmes for 14 weeks? QBs take time to gel and learn. Plus i'm not comparing him to big ben. i think ben is a top 6 QB

Ben only played 3 years as starter in college and one in high school. Then he got drafted.

And what offseason are you talking about with Ben? His first one? He wasn't drafted to be the starter here, so he wasn't taking snaps as the starter. That was Maddox. Ben was actually drafted to be the #3 QB, but Batch went down in preseason and Maddox was injured during week 2. So during training camp, he was taking #3 QB snaps.

Holmes wasn't drafted until '06. And he wasn't exactly a phenom right off the bat. He had Ward, Burress, Randle El, Morey and Mays. Until this year, Ward was the only one that was still around.

pete74
01-20-2011, 01:26 PM
i say our defense confuses the hell out of Sanchez and gets us 2 td's on our way to an easy blowout

steelerchad
01-20-2011, 02:58 PM

1) manning
2) Brady
3) Brees
4) Rodgers
5) Rivers
6) Ben

pretty much. ben's 1st real great season came in his 4th year. he actually took a big step back in his 3rd season. but he's turned out to be great. i love how people call sanchez overrated because he isn't an elite QB even though he's in his 2nd year. most QBs suck their 1st 2-3 seasons

Ben came out early as a junior.

4xSBChamps
01-20-2011, 03:07 PM
Ben only played 3 years as starter in college and one in high school. Then he got drafted.

And what offseason are you talking about with Ben? His first one? He wasn't drafted to be the starter here, so he wasn't taking snaps as the starter. That was Maddox. Ben was actually drafted to be the #3 QB, but Batch went down in preseason and Maddox was injured during week 2. So during training camp, he was taking #3 QB snaps.

Holmes wasn't drafted until '06. And he wasn't exactly a phenom right off the bat. He had Ward, Burress, Randle El, Morey and Mays. Until this year, Ward was the only one that was still around.

... STOP trying to confuse me with facts & details...

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/TV%20shows/ColFlagg.jpg

... I already know what I think...

isunormalil
01-20-2011, 03:22 PM

Dude, get over youself. You have Revis, and yes he is a stud. Sanchez is average at best. You can sit here and tell us the Jets are ALL PRO at every position...but we know that's not the case.

Foreign Alphabet
01-20-2011, 03:25 PM
Sanchez in general is an average qb, but he is clutch. He makes the big plays when he needs to and performs under pressure, and thats why he is more special than all the other average qbs.

isunormalil
01-20-2011, 03:26 PM
Ben was our #3 QB going into his rookie season (behind Maddox and Batch). It wasn't until week 2 when Maddox got hurt against the Ravens did he get put in. Ben wasn't even planned to play at all that season. Sanchez was named the Jets starter from the beginning of his rookie season.

Cutler has been there twice with the Broncos and now the Bears. He is far from being a top QB.

SteelKnight
01-20-2011, 03:51 PM
i don't think any jet fan considered him a top 10 QB at this point. i think by year 3-4 he'll be top 10. right now i'd say top 15 though.

Nah

1.Brady

Tied for 2nd -each unique skills
A. Manning
B. Ben
C. Brees
D. Rogers

6. Vick
7. Rivers
8. Romo
9. Eli Manning
10. Matty Ice
11. Josh Freeman -watch him shoot up next year
12. Sam Bradford -he'll be shooting up with some talent

13-15 take your pick
A. Joe Flacco
B. Matt Cassell
C. Matt Schaub

16-19 take your pick
A. Kyle Orton
B. David Garrard
C.Vince Young
D. Donavan McNaab

I'm not going to rank 20 and higher.

Jetsfan115
01-20-2011, 03:52 PM
The difference is Sanchez is over rated... Ben threw the ball down the field and completed a much higher pct (and was more efficient).

2005 Pittsburgh Steelers pct 62.7 yards 2,385 ypp 8.9 td/int 17/ 9 98 rating
2004 Pittsburgh Steelers pct 66.4 yatds 2,621 ypp 8.9 td/int 17/ 11 98 rating

2010 New York Jets pct 54.8 yards 3,291 ypp 6.5 td/int 17/ 13 rating 75
2009 New York Jets pct 53.8 yards 2,444 ypp 6.7 td/int 12/ 20 rating 63

the numbers don't rpove you ruight at all. in bens 2nd season he completed a high% and played an extra game then sanchez, yet still threw for almost 1000 yards less.

and once again i'm not saying he's better then ben (cause clearly he isn't) but i'm saying people don't wacth games and just look at numbers and don't know the whole story. here's one for you. how many game winning drives in the 4thq or OT did ben have his 2nd season? maybe 1 or 2? Sanchez has 7 including one in the playoffs against indy

same could be said for bens 1st SB win. the Defense and run game won it for him.

this is bens stat line form the SB
21 02/05 SEA W 21-10 1 1 9 21 42.9 123 5.9 0 2 1 8 22.6 7 25 3.6 1 -- --

that has to be the worst ever QB rating for a SB winning QB. completed 9 of 21? 43% completions? 123 yards? 0TDs to 2 INTs? and they still won 21-10 on defense and a run game. sanchez has never played that poorly in a playoff game (and he's been in 5 of them)

isunormalil
01-20-2011, 03:56 PM
the numbers don't rpove you ruight at all. in bens 2nd season he completed a high% and played an extra game then sanchez, yet still threw for almost 1000 yards less.

and once again i'm not saying he's better then ben (cause clearly he isn't) but i'm saying people don't wacth games and just look at numbers and don't know the whole story. here's one for you. how many game winning drives in the 4thq or OT did ben have his 2nd season? maybe 1 or 2? Sanchez has 7 including one in the playoffs against indy

same could be said for bens 1st SB win. the Defense and run game won it for him.

this is bens stat line form the SB
21 02/05 SEA W 21-10 1 1 9 21 42.9 123 5.9 0 2 1 8 22.6 7 25 3.6 1 -- --

that has to be the worst ever QB rating for a SB winning QB. completed 9 of 21? 43% completions? 123 yards? 0TDs to 2 INTs? and they still won 21-10 on defense and a run game. sanchez has never played that poorly in a playoff game (and he's been in 5 of them)

Ben played four less games this year...and those were games that Batch performed well. Ben had 3200 yards, 17 TDs, and 5 INts. Much better numbers than Mark Joe Montana Sanchez.

Jetsfan115
01-20-2011, 03:57 PM
Ben's first 2 years

Plaxico

2004 Pitt
2005 NYG

Holmes

2006 Pitt

Sanchez was competing for reps this off season?

not this offseason but his rookie one yes he did.

You're kidding with this list right? Rodgers and Rivers haven't won shit in this league.

wins aren't the measure of 1 player in a team sport. marino never won a SB but is a top 3 QB all time, trent dilfer and brad johnson won SBs and they were mediocre QBs

thanks. and once again i said sanchez at this point is a decent QB with great potential. but he's also proven to be very clucth

my mistake. he had plaxico and ward. and plax was so good he made eli look like a good QB. then he shot himself and eli has been average since

my mistake. i forgot about tommy madox.

SteelKnight
01-20-2011, 04:00 PM
Sanchez is ranked 29/31 in completion percentage. For QB rating he is 27/31. Being young is no excuse. Josh Freeman (same class) is ranked sixth. Even rookie Bradford beat him. When you get beat by Jason Campbell, Alex Smith and Ryan FitzpatricK, you should lay low.

Overall this cat has 29TDs and 33 Ints.

Jetsfan115
01-20-2011, 04:02 PM
Dude, get over youself. You have Revis, and yes he is a stud. Sanchez is average at best. You can sit here and tell us the Jets are ALL PRO at every position...but we know that's not the case.

when did i say that? i've never said were all pro at every position. i love how people make stuff up and then pretend like you said it. how about actually quoting something i say then making a response to said quote?

Sanchez in general is an average qb, but he is clutch. He makes the big plays when he needs to and performs under pressure, and thats why he is more special than all the other average qbs.

exactly what i said and how most jet fans feel about him

Cutler has been there twice with the Broncos and now the Bears. He is far from being a top QB.

been where? this is cutlers 1st year in the playoffs?

Nah

1.Brady

A. Manning
B. Ben
C. Brees
D. Rogers

6. Vick
7. Rivers
8. Romo
9. Eli Manning
10. Matty Ice

13-15 take your pick
A. Joe Flacco
B. Matt Cassell
C. Matt Schaub

16-19 take your pick
A. Kyle Orton
B. David Garrard
C.Vince Young
D. Donavan McNaab

that list is horrible. your a huge homer. ben is not even close to peyton mannings level.

43Hitman
01-20-2011, 04:03 PM
. how many game winning drives in the 4thq or OT did ben have his 2nd season? maybe 1 or 2? Sanchez has 7 including one in the playoffs against indy

Okay junior since you won't check your facts before running your mouth I thought I share something with you.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/comeback.cgi?player=RoetBe00

Jetsfan115
01-20-2011, 04:12 PM
Ben played four less games this year...and those were games that Batch performed well. Ben had 3200 yards, 17 TDs, and 5 INts. Much better numbers than Mark Joe Montana Sanchez.

your comparing his 7th season to marks 2nd?
and ignore his numbers i posted from the SB?

Sanchez is ranked 29/31 in completion percentage. For QB rating he is 27/31. Being young is no excuse. Josh Freeman (same class) is ranked sixth. Even rookie Bradford beat him. When you get beat by Jason Campbell, Alex Smith and Ryan FitzpatricK, you should lay low.

thats an overrated number. its a system. Chad pennington is the leagues highest career rated accurate passer and highest rated red zone passer career wise. and he couldn't throw the ball 20 yards down field w/o putting his whole body into it. we run a very unfriendly QB system for a young QB to run. lately though our stubborn OC has had better playcalling and the results are night and day

basically the 1st game against you guys is when he stopped being stubborn and gave mark some easier throws to make instead of making him throw a deep out every dam play. of having 3 WRs run 20 yard routes on 3rd and short with no chekc down option. prior to taht game his % was 52% since the pitt game (4 games against NE, Indy in the playoffs and pit and chi in weeks 16 and 15 , he didn't play week 17) his % has been 63%. a whole 17.5% improvement on completion percentage.

isunormalil
01-20-2011, 04:13 PM
your comparing his 7th season to marks 2nd?
and ignore his numbers i posted from the SB?

thats an overrated number. its a system. Chad pennington is the leagues highest career rated accurate passer and highest rated red zone passer career wise. and he couldn't throw the ball 20 yards down field w/o putting his whole body into it. we run a very unfriendly QB system for a young QB to run. lately though our stubborn OC has had better playcalling and the results are night and day

basically the 1st game against you guys is when he stopped being stubborn and gave mark some easier throws to make instead of making him throw a deep out every dam play. of having 3 WRs run 20 yard routes on 3rd and short with no chekc down option. prior to taht game his % was 52% since the pitt game (4 games against NE, Indy in the playoffs and pit and chi in weeks 16 and 15 , he didn't play week 17) his % has been 63%. a whole 17.5% improvement on completion percentage.

You are rating Sanchez on 2 games in the playoffs. You act like the season mean nothing. We're suppose to skip his season numbers and go with his inflated 2 games? I will agree he has had a great run...but there is a reason you play a season. Again, Indy was over rated. They barely beat the Jags for their division title. Their defense was mediocre.

Jetsfan115
01-20-2011, 04:16 PM
Okay junior since you won't check your facts before running your mouth I thought I share something with you.

so you called me wrong and gave me a link proving i'm write. epic fail. he had 2 his 2nd year which is what i guessed

sanchez had 6 and it hasn't updated to include the indy playoff game which would make 7

43Hitman
01-20-2011, 04:18 PM
19 come from behind wins bro. Sanchez can't hold his jock, and he never will.

Jetsfan115
01-20-2011, 04:18 PM
You are rating Sanchez on 2 games in the playoffs. You act like the season mean nothing. We're suppose to skip his season numbers and go with his inflated 2 games? I will agree he has had a great run...but there is a reason you play a season. Again, Indy was over rated. They barely beat the Jags for their division title. Their defense was mediocre.

i'm not discounting, i'm saying our OC has called a better offense for him. no QB would have good numbers in the offense he was running before. If our OC keeps calling games like he has the past 4 weeks then sanchez will be fine. and sanchez's best game this year was against chicago who has a top 5 defense

isunormalil
01-20-2011, 04:19 PM

He also had a lot of goose eggs or 1 TD games (10 total). Of course i know he is great!

sarahpalinhater
01-20-2011, 04:19 PM
so you called me wrong and gave me a link proving i'm write. epic fail. he had 2 his 2nd year which is what i guessed

sanchez had 6 and it hasn't updated to include the indy playoff game which would make 7

" Proving i'm WRITE :rofl::toofunny::rofl::toofunny: You obviously must have learned grammar from Bart Scott huh!

Jetsfan115
01-20-2011, 04:20 PM
19 come from behind wins bro. Sanchez can't hold his jock, and he never will.

25 game winning drives in 7 years = about 3.5 a year

sanchez 8 in 2 years = 4 a year average.

that would be like me saying testervrde has thrown for 40k yards. ben has barely thrown for 15k he can't hold his jockstrap w/o mentioning that vinny T has played like 10 more years then ben.

Jetsfan115
01-20-2011, 04:22 PM
He also had a lot of goose eggs or 1 TD games (10 total). Of course i know he is great!

i never said he is great. show me 1 time i said he was a great QB?
i said he is average and clutch and has alot of potential

" Proving i'm WRITE :rofl::toofunny::rofl::toofunny: You obviously must have learned grammar from Bart Scott huh!

dam sleep deprivation

isunormalil
01-20-2011, 04:22 PM
i'm not discounting, i'm saying our OC has called a better offense for him. no QB would have good numbers in the offense he was running before. If our OC keeps calling games like he has the past 4 weeks then sanchez will be fine. and sanchez's best game this year was against chicago who has a top 5 defense

His best game was 269 yards, 1 TD and 1 INT??

Fire Arians
01-20-2011, 04:24 PM

and they lost too :chuckle:

Jetsfan115
01-20-2011, 04:27 PM

on an overall basis I'd say yes. the INT was in a desperation time with like 30 seconds left and no timeouts needing a TD to win and 70 yards to go. we put up 34 points. passing TDs aren't a big deal. a rushing TD is just as good. Sanchez doesn't care about stats. he's more then happy to hand it off for a TD

mizzouristeeler
01-20-2011, 04:28 PM
i think booby jr. became a jets fan. can the jets do no wrong???

Jetsfan115
01-20-2011, 04:28 PM
You guys are in for a rude awakening. And isn't Sanchez 1-0 against the steelers?

mizzouristeeler
01-20-2011, 04:30 PM
wasnt that the first time the jets beat the steelers?

isunormalil
01-20-2011, 04:30 PM
i think booby jr. became a jets fan. can the jets do no wrong???

It's great to see 2 games crown you the SB champs. I am so happy they are still playing the AFC Championship. I am starting to worry they were going to Cancel it...and annoint the Jets the championship.

SteelKnight
01-20-2011, 04:32 PM
that list is horrible. your a huge homer. ben is not even close to peyton mannings level.

Of course he is. Before I used to have "The Big 3" with Brady, manning, and Brees but Both Manning and Brees took a step back this season.

Each QB has different advantages. No doubt Manning is more accurate than Ben. Ben is good at being clutch, being tough, keeping plays alive, and being mobile. They are both winners. Manning has become a whiner recently with all his pouty facial expressions.

Brees threw a lot of picks and sometimes couldn't come through in the clutch.

Aside form Brady, Ben would be my second choice in the clutch.

Ben, Rogers, Manning, and Brees...all tied. Next year will further define. Manning has put up a hell of a career but we are talking about how good he is now.

So please tell me which of the 19QBs I listed Sanchez is better than since you said Sanchez is top 15.

isunormalil
01-20-2011, 04:33 PM
You guys are in for a rude awakening. And isn't Sanchez 1-0 against the steelers?

We know. We are so worried that all you could muster was a Kickoff return for a TD, Safety, and Sachez run for TD. We have already convinced ourselves the jets are going to win.

TRH
01-20-2011, 04:39 PM
sirius, any analysis show on the TV sports channels. I've been watching and flipping alot of today....its Jets, Jets, Jets, Jets, Jets, Jets and about the same of Green Bay.
You'd barely know the Steelers were even playing Sunday.

isunormalil
01-20-2011, 04:41 PM
sirius, any analysis show on the TV sports channels. I've been watching and flipping alot of today....its Jets, Jets, Jets, Jets, Jets, Jets and about the same of Green Bay.
You'd barely know the Steelers were even playing Sunday.

Thats what happens when you flap your gums. Ryan shot his big mouth off...and now they are invincible.

Jetsfan115
01-20-2011, 04:44 PM
Of course he is. Before I used to have "The Big 3" with Brady, manning, and Brees but Both Manning and Brees took a step back this season.

Each QB has different advantages. No doubt Manning is more accurate than Ben. Ben is good at being clutch, being tough, keeping plays alive, and being mobile. They are both winners. Manning has become a whiner recently with all his pouty facial expressions.

Brees threw a lot of picks and sometimes couldn't come through in the clutch.

Aside form Brady, Ben would be my second choice in the clutch.

Ben, Rogers, Manning, and Brees...all tied. Next year will further define. Manning has put up a hell of a career but we are talking about how good he is now.

So please tell me which of the 19QBs I listed Sanchez is better than since you said Sanchez is top 15.

1.Brady

A. Manning
B. Ben
C. Brees
D. Rogers

6. Vick
7. Rivers
8. Romo
9. Eli Manning
10. Matty Ice

13-15 take your pick
A. Joe Flacco
B. Matt Cassell
C. Matt Schaub

16-19 take your pick
A. Kyle Orton
B. David Garrard
C.Vince Young
D. Donavan McNaab

Bradford (at this point but bradford does look to have some huge potential)
Vince Young, David Gerrard, Joe Flacco, Matt Cassell (system QB that had 1 amazing year and shit the bed in the playoffs. really?)

thats 5 right there which puts him at 14-15 range

We know. We are so worried that all you could muster was a Kickoff return for a TD, Safety, and Sachez run for TD. We have already convinced ourselves the jets are going to win.

We should have beat you guys last time too if our stupid kicker didn't shank 2 FGs. i want revenge too. that plays a part in it. also the ravens know rex. he coached there for like 10 years. steelers have only played against him

pete74
01-20-2011, 04:46 PM
i just hope you come back on here monday morning after the steelers destroy the jets. all our baltimore members who said the ravens would destroy the steelers seemed to disapear after the game and im sure the jets fans will as well. there is no way the jets can beat the steelers when something important like this is on the line. the steelers are far superior in talent and coaching and i honestly think it going to be a blow out

steelers- 31
jets- 9

Jetsfan115
01-20-2011, 05:06 PM
i just hope you come back on here monday morning after the steelers destroy the jets. all our baltimore members who said the ravens would destroy the steelers seemed to disapear after the game and im sure the jets fans will as well. there is no way the jets can beat the steelers when something important like this is on the line. the steelers are far superior in talent and coaching and i honestly think it going to be a blow out

steelers- 31
jets- 9

i'm saving that message and i will come back with something classy like

the steelers played a great game and they are a great franchise but the jets just played better today. good luck on next season guys"

43Hitman
01-20-2011, 05:10 PM
i'm saving that message and i will come back with something classy like

the steelers played a great game and they are a great franchise but the jets just played better today. good luck on next season guys"

NGTH

Jetsfan115
01-20-2011, 05:23 PM
NGTH

?????????

SteelKnight
01-20-2011, 05:38 PM
Bradford (at this point but bradford does look to have some huge potential)
Vince Young, David Gerrard, Joe Flacco, Matt Cassell (system QB that had 1 amazing year and shit the bed in the playoffs. really?)

thats 5 right there which puts him at 14-15 range

What? Sanchez is NOT better than Bradford. Please. Give Bradford that line and Holmes,Edwards, Cotchery, and Keller with LT as a safety valve...

Sanchez can hardly claim he is better than Flacco or Garrard either. Did you look at Pro-Bowler Matt Cassell's numbers this year? (27TDs, 7INTs).

Sanchez isn't very good now. That may change in the future but it is what it is. He's in the bottom half of the league (lower than 16) and is average at best.

SteelKnight
01-20-2011, 05:39 PM
?????????

Not Going To Happen...you have to be able to guess. lol

Jetsfan115
01-20-2011, 05:40 PM
What? Sanchez is NOT better than Bradford. Please. Give Bradford that line and Holmes,Edwards, Cotchery, and Keller with LT as a safety valve...

Sanchez can hardly claim he is better than Flacco or Garrard either. Did you look at Pro-Bowler Matt Cassell's numbers this year? (27TDs, 7INTs).

Sanchez isn't very good now. That may change in the future but it is what it is. He's in the bottom half of the league (lower than 16) and is average at best.

Cassell has had a monster year, but also is in the league like 5-6 years and spent a few years learning from brady, and is in a very QB friendly system. Put bradford in sanchez's system with the NY media and immediate pressure to win right away and bradford doesn't seem like he has the "it" factor to succeed in those conditions.

Jetsfan115
01-20-2011, 05:41 PM

i looked it up and all i got was this

NEXT GENERATION TECHNOLOGY HOLDINGS,

I assumed that was incorrect

4xSBChamps
01-20-2011, 05:49 PM
... isn't Sanchez 1-0 against the steelers?

... please, please, PLEASE tell me that you want to discuss the history of these 2 franchises

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/football/6SBrings.jpg

Neil-Still-Rules-14
01-20-2011, 05:49 PM
ben also had 4 years in college as a starter opposed to 1 for sanchez. Ben also had the full offseason as a starter sanchez completed and split reps. Ben had hines ward and holmes to build chemistry with, when sanchez started he had chansi stucky, j-co, brad smith, and clowney. 2 of them aren't with teh team anymore and smith sia better returner and gadget player then he is a WR. in week 4 we traded for edwards so they've only been together 1.5 years. he's only had holmes for 14 weeks? QBs take time to gel and learn.

So many incorrect statements...

First of all Ben didn't start at QB until his senior year in high school. He then was a three year starter at Miami. Ben went into the 2004 season as the 3rd QB. Batch got injured, so he moved up to 2. Maddox got injured in the 2nd game. Ben had NO ONE to build chemistry with. Burress left after 2004. Randle El left after 2005. Wilson left after 2007. Washington left after 2008. And Ward will be retiring sometime in the near future.

Jetsfan115
01-20-2011, 05:57 PM
So many incorrect statements...

First of all Ben didn't start at QB until his senior year in high school. He then was a three year starter at Miami. Ben went into the 2004 season as the 3rd QB. Batch got injured, so he moved up to 2. Maddox got injured in the 2nd game. Ben had NO ONE to build chemistry with. Burress left after 2004. Randle El left after 2005. Wilson left after 2007. Washington left after 2008. And Ward will be retiring sometime in the near future.

I already stated i made a mistake on that. keep up instead of looking for any reason to attack me

Neil-Still-Rules-14
01-20-2011, 06:03 PM
I already stated i made a mistake on that. keep up instead of looking for any reason to attack me

I'm not sure I would critique the use of facts to refute an argument as an "attack". And also I go through the thread until I see something I deem intriguing. Then I respond.

43Hitman
01-20-2011, 06:04 PM

Hey asshole, remember who's house you're in. He didn't attack you. Threads move quickly and its easy to miss something.

tony hipchest
01-20-2011, 06:05 PM

thank you!

i cant believe people compare 3 years of starting at miami of ohio to 1 year for a national calibur team like USC.

im sure sanchez was a top HS qb recruit.

ben got a scholorship offer to OSU... as a tight end! miami (OH) is the only ones to give him a shot. its not like pete carrol made a trip to findlay.

Jetsfan115
01-20-2011, 06:28 PM
I'm not sure I would critique the use of facts to refute an argument as an "attack". And also I go through the thread until I see something I deem intriguing. Then I respond.

Hey asshole, remember who's house you're in. He didn't attack you. Threads move quickly and its easy to miss something.

as far as these 2 responses. its frustrating when you write a 3 paragraph response and you make 1 mistake (which i already admitted to) and someone picks the 1 line out of it. Obviously I'm not gonna know your players as well as you do.

and yes i know its YOUR house which is why i CHOOSE to be respectful and NOT A TROLL. no need to call me an asshole over it. how about showing a little more class and use less personal attacks. your statement would have sufficed just fine w/o the asshole comment.

"he didn't attack you, Threads move quickly and its easy to miss something" is a much more classy and welcoming response , then adding in the asshole line. don't you agree?

thank you!

i cant believe people compare 3 years of starting at miami of ohio to 1 year for a national calibur team like USC.

im sure sanchez was a top HS qb recruit.

ben got a scholorship offer to OSU... as a tight end! miami (OH) is the only ones to give him a shot. its not like pete carrol made a trip to findlay.

actually Sanchez backed up john david booty for 2 years, then started his 3rd season and then declared early instead of playing another year in college

tony hipchest
01-20-2011, 06:33 PM
actually Sanchez backed up john david booty for 2 years, then started his 3rd season and then declared early instead of playing another year in college

yes... he was in the USC system that produced NFL starters and 1st round picks such as leinart, carson, and cassel for 3 years and started 1.

he, himself, was a top 10 pick.

ben was in the miami (OH) system for the same 3 years but got to start all 3. he fell out of the top 10.

i would say ben was much more raw and came with a hell of alot less pedigree.

SteelKnight
01-20-2011, 06:53 PM
Cassell has had a monster year, but also is in the league like 5-6 years and spent a few years learning from brady, and is in a very QB friendly system. Put bradford in sanchez's system with the NY media and immediate pressure to win right away and bradford doesn't seem like he has the "it" factor to succeed in those conditions.

Are you joking? Bradford's receivers continuously dropped balls and many of those picks were right off their hands. If you had put Bradford on the Jets with those receiver and that line, he would have flourished.

This was Cassell's 3rd year as a starter compared to Sanchez's second year.

I'm not sure what you are trying to evaluate...natural potential, peak potential, current skill? I'm not sure I can tell you what Sanchez's peak potential is ...he might get better. I can just tell you where he is now and how naturally (or not) gifted he seems.

Why don't you do your list of top 20QBs so we can see where you are putting Sanchez?

Jetsfan115
01-20-2011, 06:55 PM
yes... he was in the USC system that produced NFL starters and 1st round picks such as leinart, carson, and cassel for 3 years and started 1.

he, himself, was a top 10 pick.

ben was in the miami (OH) system for the same 3 years but got to start all 3. he fell out of the top 10.

i would say ben was much more raw and came with a hell of alot less pedigree.

leinart was a bust, cassell wasn't a 1st rounder he was drafted in the 7th round and carson has been good, not great

also ben was picked 11 so just outside of the top 10 and was in a very deep QB draft. he had rivers and eli in fornt of him on most boards. however the giants liked him more then rivers and had eli not complained chargers would have taken and kept him and giants would have taken ben 4th overall (they rated him higher then rivers) and you would have had rivers. Instead they wanted eli and couldn't pull the trade in time so they took rivers as trade bait to pull it off knowing that the chargers didn't want ben and wanted rivers if they couldn't have eli.

Jetsfan115
01-20-2011, 07:02 PM
Are you joking? Bradford's receivers continuously dropped balls and many of those picks were right off their hands. If you had put Bradford on the Jets with those receiver and that line, he would have flourished.

This was Cassell's 3rd year as a starter compared to Sanchez's second year.

I'm not sure what you are trying to evaluate...natural potential, peak potential, current skill? I'm not sure I can tell you what Sanchez's peak potential is ...he might get better. I can just tell you where he is now and how naturally (or not) gifted he seems.

Why don't you do your list of top 20QBs so we can see where you are putting Sanchez?

i told you he's around 14-15 but I'll give it a go, also cassell got to learn for like 2-3 years behind tom brady. thats huge rivers got to sit for 2 years behind brees, rodgers sat 3 years behind favre. it makes a huge difference/ compare it to a guy like david carr who got thrown into starting right away for a horrible team and it ruined his career. he could have been good.

1 manning
2 brady
3 brees
4 rodgers
5 rivers
6 ben
7 vick
8 romo
9 schuab
10 cutler
11 palmer
12 eli
13 ryan
14 flacco
15 sanchez
16 freeman
17 cassell
18 gerrard
19 bradford

thats about right. but honestly after the top 8 the rest is very subjective as none really stand out far from the others. I think the top 5 are tier one. the next 3 are tier 2 and the next 9 are tier 3ish

cubanstogie
01-20-2011, 07:10 PM
i told you he's around 14-15 but I'll give it a go, also cassell got to learn for like 2-3 years behind tom brady. thats huge rivers got to sit for 2 years behind brees, rodgers sat 3 years behind favre. it makes a huge difference/ compare it to a guy like david carr who got thrown into starting right away for a horrible team and it ruined his career. he could have been good.

1 manning
2 brady
3 brees
4 rodgers
5 rivers
6 ben
7 vick
8 romo
9 schuab
10 cutler
11 palmer
12 eli
13 ryan
14 flacco
15 sanchez
16 freeman
17 cassell
18 gerrard
19 bradford

thats about right. but honestly after the top 8 the rest is very subjective as none really stand out far from the others. I think the top 5 are tier one. the next 3 are tier 2 and the next 9 are tier 3ish

not bad IMO, I agree with most of it. I think Rivers is MR overrated as Ben is underrated, and I think Bradford will be up 7 or 8 places in a couple of years. I would never take Rivers over Ben. Rivers one dimensional.

Jetsfan115
01-20-2011, 07:16 PM
not bad IMO, I agree with most of it. I think Rivers is MR overrated as Ben is underrated, and I think Bradford will be up 7 or 8 places in a couple of years. I would never take Rivers over Ben. Rivers one dimensional.

there 2 different types of QBs. I think both teams are happy with who they got. you can't argue with rivers ability to sling the ball with no run game and with no WRs but you can't argue bens ability in the clutch and breaking away form sacks and making big plays either. Me personally if i had a choice would take rivers but i can 100% understand anyone who would take ben over him as well.

As far as bradford i agree he looked dam good for a rookie w/o much around him. I think he will be a top 10 Qb by year 3 as well. i think there are alot of really good Qbs in their 1st-3rd year right now flacco, ryan, sanchez, freeman, bradford all look really good right now for young QBs

TRH
01-20-2011, 07:26 PM

that could be true sir, but thats nothing to brag about. It's not like he's 9-0

TRH
01-20-2011, 07:28 PM

i wouldn't either. NO way. Rivers is good, no mistake about it, but he's a "stat-padder", like Manning.

DFWSTEELERFAN
01-20-2011, 07:30 PM
The thing bad about Sanchez is his accuracy.. 53+54 pct completion pct.. That is aweful... Sometimes he throws and there isn't a WR in the zipcode:tt02:

Seriously Jetsfan, look at the NFL starters and tell me how many are in the low 50s for completion pct... It would be one thing if he was throwing bombs every pass, but his yards per attempt is near the bottom as well..

cubanstogie
01-20-2011, 07:34 PM
i wouldn't either. NO way. Rivers is good, no mistake about it, but he's a "stat-padder", like Manning.

very true about the stats. How many games did they fall behind and Rivers got to pick apart a prevent D. Ben had one game where his numbers were skewed and that was against the patsies. Rogers is getting the same kind of recognition that Rivers is getting but I actually think he is more deserving.

cubanstogie
01-20-2011, 07:40 PM
The thing bad about Sanchez is his accuracy.. 53+54 pct completion pct.. That is aweful... Sometimes he throws and there isn't a WR in the zipcode:tt02:

Seriously Jetsfan, look at the NFL starters and tell me how many are in the low 50s for completion pct... It would be one thing if he was throwing bombs every pass, but his yards per attempt is near the bottom as well..

I used to hate when guys would call Ben a system QB and managed games, so I know Jets fans don't like it. But you are right that completion percentage is bad, and I really feel just like last week if the run is stopped then he will be just another Flacco. If the run opens up play action then he has a chance, but I just don't see him converting 3rd and 7 or greater. Although I am still irritated at the 3rd down conversion he threw to Edwards down the middle for a shoe string catch last time they played the Steelers. I know Edwards playing better now than when he was a Brown but that catch I have to call luck.

Stlrs4Life
01-20-2011, 07:44 PM

1) manning
2) Brady
3) Brees
4) Rodgers
5) Rivers
6) Ben

Rodgers over Ben? Rivers?

SteelKnight
01-20-2011, 07:48 PM
1 manning
2 brady
3 brees
4 rodgers
5 rivers
6 ben
7 vick
8 romo
9 schuab
10 cutler
11 palmer
12 eli
13 ryan
14 flacco
15 sanchez
16 freeman
17 cassell
18 gerrard
19 bradford

I agree there is a drop off after my top 12 (different than yours).

I really don't see Sanchez currently better than Bradford, Freeman, Cassell, or Orton. I'm not sure he is better than McNaab either.
When it comes to Garrard, Young and Sanchez I guess a toss up could occur.

SteelKnight
01-20-2011, 07:53 PM
i think there are alot of really good Qbs in their 1st-3rd year right now flacco, ryan, sanchez, freeman, bradford all look really good right now for young QBs

LOL Out of those Sanchez is clearly on the bottom...it's not even close. The rest are really good.

Jetsfan115
01-20-2011, 07:54 PM
that could be true sir, but thats nothing to brag about. It's not like he's 9-0

i know it was a joke. we need a sarcasm smiley lol

the number is bad, but as i pointed out earlier its the system. through weeks 14 he was at like 53% then from week 15 to now (4 games) he is at 64%. thats why the jets fans wanted us to fire our OC. he was running a system that would make tom brady a sub 60% passer. he really changed it up starting the Pitt game , a game we really needed to win and sanchez has been on point since. and he has a bum shoulder right now

I used to hate when guys would call Ben a system QB and managed games, so I know Jets fans don't like it. But you are right that completion percentage is bad, and I really feel just like last week if the run is stopped then he will be just another Flacco. If the run opens up play action then he has a chance, but I just don't see him converting 3rd and 7 or greater. Although I am still irritated at the 3rd down conversion he threw to Edwards down the middle for a shoe string catch last time they played the Steelers. I know Edwards playing better now than when he was a Brown but that catch I have to call luck.

he's actually done a great job on 3rd and long but our piss poor playcalling early on put him in alot of those. if you can complete 33% of 3rd and 7+ yards thats a good day its a tough down to convert. also the jets have had alot of dropped balls this year between j-co, keller, and holmes. funny enough BE has barely dropped anything only like 3-4 drops. the other 3 are around 10 each

Rodgers over Ben? Rivers?

yup, its no slight on ben but rodgers has been amazing

Pac
01-20-2011, 07:58 PM
most of this thread is gobbledygook from guys obsessing about stats from nfl.com.

It can not be overstated how difficult it is to play the QB in the biggest, best, and most critical city in the world. That type of pressure has turned good players into busts but it doesn't seem to phase Mark at all.

In all honesty had Ben been drafted by a NY team he may be out of the league by now due to off field indiscretions.

Sanchez is a 24 year old 2nd year player. In my estimation he's on track for spectacular career which will lead to a decade of prosperity for my beloved Jets. :tt03:

Jetsfan115
01-20-2011, 07:59 PM
I agree there is a drop off after my top 12 (different than yours).

I really don't see Sanchez currently better than Bradford, Freeman, Cassell, or Orton. I'm not sure he is better than McNaab either.
When it comes to Garrard, Young and Sanchez I guess a toss up could occur.

Bradford really fell off at the end of the year. it could have been a rookie wall or teams could have figured him out. i'd need to see more before anointing him better

Cassell has had an amazing year but choked in the playoffs and was piss poor against good defenses. he also had charles averaging almost 7 yards a carry (2nd all time in the NFL) I'm not sold on cassell

Freeman i like alot, i can't fault you if you put freeman higher.

Orton and mcnabb were benched for tebow and grossman respectively. mcnabb is doen and orton will struggle outside of teh broncos system of they trade him. we was decent in chicago thats why they got rid of him for cutler. cutler was a pro bowler in denvers offense.

SteelKnight
01-20-2011, 08:01 PM
yup, its no slight on ben but rodgers has been amazing

It's a little bit of a slight when you say Ben is in a tier below Rivers. Please. I have Rivers in a tier below Ben.

My second tier which consists of
2Manning 2Brees,2 Ben, 2Rogers and 6Vick

is one tier above 7Rivers.

Why? The QBs in the second tier cause a little fear in teams and teams actually have to prepare for them. Rivers causes no fear.

DFWSTEELERFAN
01-20-2011, 08:03 PM
In all honesty had Ben been drafted by a NY team he may be out of the league by now due to off field indiscretions.

:

Is that why you traded for a pot head? Sanchez was arrested for sexual assault...

isunormalil
01-20-2011, 08:17 PM

1 manning
2 brady
3 brees
4 rodgers
5 rivers
6 ben
7 vick
8 romo
9 schuab
10 cutler
11 palmer
12 eli
13 ryan
14 flacco
15 sanchez
16 freeman
17 cassell
18 gerrard
19 bradford

Brady
Manning (consistent with no name receivers and no running game and won sb)
Ben (won 2 sb"s)
Brees (Won a superbowl)
Rogers (never won anything)
rivers (best offense and defense cant win) means he isn't a leader.
Vick
Romo
Schaub
--------
who cares about the rest

mcg24
01-20-2011, 08:19 PM
most of this thread is gobbledygook from guys obsessing about stats from nfl.com.

It can not be overstated how difficult it is to play the QB in the biggest, best, and most critical city in the world. That type of pressure has turned good players into busts but it doesn't seem to phase Mark at all.

Sanchez is a 24 year old 2nd year player. In my estimation he's on track for spectacular career which will lead to a decade of prosperity for my beloved Jets. :tt03:

"It can not be overstated how difficult it is to play the QB in the biggest, best, and most critical city in the world."

You actually did just overstate it. Nice job.

"In all honesty had Ben been drafted by a NY team he may be out of the league by now due to off field indiscretions."

I love it when people make ridiculous statements just because there's no way they can be proven wrong.

#1LambertFan
01-20-2011, 08:24 PM

As clutch as they come? So you compare him to Big Ben, Marino, Unitas........ Delusions and playoffs go hand in hand.

isunormalil
01-20-2011, 08:27 PM

1 manning
2 brady
3 brees
4 rodgers
5 rivers
6 ben
7 vick
8 romo
9 schuab
10 cutler
11 palmer
12 eli
13 ryan
14 flacco
15 sanchez
16 freeman
17 cassell
18 gerrard
19 bradford

My question to you is...how in the world are the jets going to beat the steelers on their own turf? The steelers have a better run defense, the jets strength is running. The QB you ranked at 15th could only muster 1 TD (minus Polamalu) on a 4th and 1 run in last game. Your receivers are solid...but not all pro. The steelers one weakness is pass coverage...but your qb might be your offensive deficiency. Both offenses running game is similar, but Ben is much better QB. It's a no brainer...unless the Jets get lucky.

43Hitman
01-20-2011, 08:59 PM
as far as these 2 responses. its frustrating when you write a 3 paragraph response and you make 1 mistake (which i already admitted to) and someone picks the 1 line out of it. Obviously I'm not gonna know your players as well as you do.

and yes i know its YOUR house which is why i CHOOSE to be respectful and NOT A TROLL. no need to call me an asshole over it. how about showing a little more class and use less personal attacks. your statement would have sufficed just fine w/o the asshole comment.

"he didn't attack you, Threads move quickly and its easy to miss something" is a much more classy and welcoming response , then adding in the asshole line. don't you agree?

You deserved it. You could have given him the benefit of the doubt. I mean that's what I'd do If I was on your boards. You gotta know we're looking for anything to bust your balls on. Thats the nature of the opposing team's boards.

43Hitman
01-20-2011, 09:02 PM

:rofl: How are we supposed to take you seriously?

Jetsfan115
01-20-2011, 09:06 PM
As clutch as they come? So you compare him to Big Ben, Marino, Unitas........ Delusions and playoffs go hand in hand.

name 1 other Qb who had 7 comeback wins in his 2nd season? jets were also the 1st team ever to win back to back OT road games in NFL history. Our D keeps the game close (except for the 1 NE play) but sanchez has made teh plays late in teh game to win it for us

My question to you is...how in the world are the jets going to beat the steelers on their own turf? The steelers have a better run defense, the jets strength is running. The QB you ranked at 15th could only muster 1 TD (minus Polamalu) on a 4th and 1 run in last game. Your receivers are solid...but not all pro. The steelers one weakness is pass coverage...but your qb might be your offensive deficiency. Both offenses running game is similar, but Ben is much better QB. It's a no brainer...unless the Jets get lucky.

we did it just 5 weeks ago? Rex is gonna work up a masterful gameplan and sanchez will manage the game and make big time throws. plus there is always the offset chance of a KR TD again.

oh and 1 more thing. Bens biggest asset is also his biggest weakness. he holds onto the ball too long. cost his team a TD last week. on the suggs sack/FF ben pumped and re ****ed his arm twice. thats a no-no for any QB. If ben tries to do it on us we will get to him and make him pay.

You deserved it. You could have given him the benefit of the doubt. I mean that's what I'd do If I was on your boards. You gotta know we're looking for anything to bust your balls on. Thats the nature of the opposing team's boards.

fair enough but i still think calling me an asshole was a little harsh

4xSBChamps
01-20-2011, 09:20 PM
name 1 other Qb who had 7 comeback wins in his 2nd season?

... you-mean, besides Josh Freeman, who has a total of 9 comeback wins, including 7 FORTH-QUARTER comeback wins (5 this year alone), in just 25 starts, with significantly less talent?

:noidea:

43Hitman
01-20-2011, 09:24 PM
Josh Freeman is going to be another Rotty. I really like that kid, he reminds me so much of Ben in his first couple of years its uncanny.

SteelKnight
01-20-2011, 09:28 PM
Josh Freeman is going to be another Rotty. I really like that kid, he reminds me so much of Ben in his first couple of years its uncanny.

I said that earlier. He is like a Ben 2.

LVSteelersfan
01-20-2011, 09:30 PM
Sanchez is the next Matt Leinart. Nothing more.

Jetsfan115
01-20-2011, 09:31 PM
... you-mean, besides Josh Freeman, who has a total of 9 comeback wins, including 7 FORTH-QUARTER comeback wins (5 this year alone), in just 25 starts, with significantly less talent?

:noidea:

i really like freeman but your still wrong. i said 7 in their 2nd season he had 5 this year. maybe if he had 1 more he would be in the playoffs?

But in all seriousness i do think freeman is gonna be a stud. he needs some better WRs. he's got a stud RB in blount though. he reminds me alot of big ben. a big tough guy to bring down with a big arm

Jetsfan115
01-20-2011, 09:32 PM

wow. lucky i'm on your board so i'll bite my tongue on what i wanna say

with that said sanchez could retire right now and still have a 100 times better career then lienart.

4xSBChamps
01-20-2011, 09:34 PM

I get to watch this kid (when the Bucs aren't blacked-out locally), and he is the real-deal, much better at the same stage of his career than Sanchez, and only delusional Jets fans will argue this point:
where New York shields Sanchez (trying to drain the clock out on 3 straight running plays late against the Cheatriots, without allowing him to try moving the sticks via a pass), Tampa relies on Freeman making plays, giving him the ball and saying 'have at it!'.

If Freeman were directing the Jet offense, they'd be a much-more formidable opponent

Jetsfan115
01-20-2011, 09:35 PM
http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/9167/revisisland.png

cubanstogie
01-20-2011, 09:40 PM
In all fairness he did lead his team to road victories over the Colts and Pats. I said when Ben was called a game manager that it was somewhat of a compliment since thats what QB's do, manage and lead. His numbers aren't great but its about W's. And playoff W's are even bigger. I will be very surprised if he could carry an offense if the running game is stopped though. Sanchez is not my worry, they ran for 50 or so yards more than what we normally give up. So I would call that a successful running attack. We limit them to 60 or 70 and then lets see what Sanchez can do.

DFWSTEELERFAN
01-20-2011, 09:42 PM
I'm curious to watch the Revis Wallace matchup. If he tries the jam at the line, he better start running like crazy.. My guess is that he will give him a big cushion.

I'm surprised they are going to try this. I think Ward will have a decent day... I thought Cromartie would be on Wallace because he is a speed guy, not a start and stop guy....

43Hitman
01-20-2011, 09:43 PM
Yeah, Sanchez is no Leinhart. Sanchez at least comes from a working class family so he knows that its going to take work to be considered one of the best. He's not there yet, but he's on his way. Next season. :chuckle:

4xSBChamps
01-20-2011, 09:47 PM
i really like freeman but your still wrong. i said 7 in their 2nd season he had 5 this year. maybe if he had 1 more he would be in the playoffs?

I believe Freeman had a total of 7 comeback wins this year, with Clv, Cin, StL, Az, and Was all being 4th QTR wins, and also beating Sea & NO after trailing early

Jetsfan115
01-20-2011, 09:54 PM
I believe Freeman had a total of 7 comeback wins this year, with Clv, Cin, StL, Az, and Was all being 4th QTR wins, and also beating Sea & NO after trailing early

he has 5 this year 7 for his career

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/comeback.cgi?player=FreeJo00

MasterOfPuppets
01-20-2011, 10:19 PM
from what i've seen of sanchez so far , i wouldn't even put him in the top 25 let alone top 10. this year he's 29th in completion %.

Jetsfan115
01-20-2011, 10:45 PM
from what i've seen of sanchez so far , i wouldn't even put him in the top 25 let alone top 10. this year he's 29th in completion %.

i think alot of you are in for a huge shock

Fire Arians
01-20-2011, 10:56 PM

and I'm sure everyone here thinks you have your homer glasses on. sanchez is gonna magically become dan marino overnight?

Fire Arians
01-20-2011, 11:18 PM

he's not too bright. after all, he actually thinks the jets are gonna win.

mcg24
01-20-2011, 11:45 PM

Maybe if Braylon Edwards does backflips across the field during the game the Steelers will be so distracted that Sanchez might actually be able to have enough time to make a downfield throw and score a touchdown.

That situation is the only way the Jets will win, and that situation is somewhat unlikely. Steelers win.

Jetsfan115
01-21-2011, 01:02 AM
and I'm sure everyone here thinks you have your homer glasses on. sanchez is gonna magically become dan marino overnight?

he's not too bright. after all, he actually thinks the jets are gonna win.

Maybe if Braylon Edwards does backflips across the field during the game the Steelers will be so distracted that Sanchez might actually be able to have enough time to make a downfield throw and score a touchdown.

That situation is the only way the Jets will win, and that situation is somewhat unlikely. Steelers win.

DO any of you guys realize the jets already beat the steelers? do you think troy magically guarantees you a win? by the way your talking they might as well not play. juts hand the steelers the lombardi and call it a year. I mean you guys think your gonna dominate us like the saint did to the seahawks....oh wait that didn't happen. and the hawks were light years worse then the saints.

The 2 teams are evenly matched talentwise so its gonna come down to who makes better gameplan. and based on what ryan did to indy and NE i'm liking the jets chances

chitownpit
01-21-2011, 01:05 AM
DO any of you guys realize the jets already beat the steelers? do you think troy magically guarantees you a win? by the way your talking they might as well not play. juts hand the steelers the lombardi and call it a year. I mean you guys think your gonna dominate us like the saint did to the seahawks....oh wait that didn't happen. and the hawks were light years worse then the saints.

The 2 teams are evenly matched talentwise so its gonna come down to who makes better gameplan. and based on what ryan did to indy and NE i'm liking the jets chances

Evenly matched? You are drinking the water:chuckle:

Jetsfan115
01-21-2011, 01:40 AM
Evenly matched? You are drinking the water:chuckle:

no unbiased person will honestly say that the steelers are more talented overall then the jets. care to make a wager and i'll prove it?

chitownpit
01-21-2011, 01:54 AM
Well i`ll take our lb`s , our poised QB [ two rings included]
I`ll take our WR`s , running back , and D line, and SS and FS
Keep your special teams , youl need them to score:rofl:

Jetsfan115
01-21-2011, 01:55 AM
Well i`ll take our lb`s , our poised QB [ two rings included]
I`ll take our WR`s , running back , and D line, and SS and FS
Keep your special teams , youl need them to score:rofl:

i cant wait until sunday when your all crying in shock.

chitownpit
01-21-2011, 01:59 AM
I cryed after the superbowl in 05 and 08 as well, better than crying after every
season since broadway joe

SteelCityMom
01-21-2011, 04:14 AM

In reference to the bolded statement, there actually is a bit of truth to it. You do realize the Steelers are 16-4 when Polamalu plays but 5-7 when he doesn't (over the past 2 or 3 seasons? Can't remember which). He doesn't guarantee a win, but I think you can see why he helps A LOT lol.

And trust me, I know some are a little overconfident here, but you guys haven't been that different you know. So I don't get why you're calling us out here about it. I've lurked at a few Jets boards, and honestly, none of them are saying anything different than we are...except that most of them are acting like the last time the Jets were here it was some kind of glorious blowout that they plan to repeat. For the most part though, most of you guys (and all the boards I've browsed) have been just as co.cky...if not moreso.

Me personally (as part of my own little superstition), never, ever call a game or predict scores and winners. I have full confidence every time the Steelers take the field though, and nothing any Jets fan has said this week has shaken that confidence.

MikeHaullace
01-21-2011, 04:39 AM
no unbiased person will honestly say that the steelers are more talented overall then the jets. care to make a wager and i'll prove it?

http://i.imgur.com/ntRKJ.jpg

sharkweek
01-21-2011, 06:34 AM

we spotted you 9 points off of a kick return on the opening kick and a safety, and we still almost won it.

the teams very well might be evenly matched for the most part, but our QB is light years ahead of yours and we have home-field advantage. Plus we do have Troy back. I'm liking the Steelers chances a lot more.

TRH
01-21-2011, 08:22 AM
we spotted you 9 points off of a kick return on the opening kick and a safety, and we still almost won it.

the teams very well might be evenly matched for the most part, but our QB is light years ahead of yours and we have home-field advantage. Plus we do have Troy back. I'm liking the Steelers chances a lot more.

thats true. But what about Heath Miller? He was out for that game too, wasn't he?

sharkweek
01-21-2011, 08:48 AM
thats true. But what about Heath Miller? He was out for that game too, wasn't he?

true, excellent point

it could easily be argued that Miller being out cost us the game just as easily as Troy being out considering a certain other TE had some absolutely key drops that could have changed the outcome of the game

Pac
01-21-2011, 10:58 AM
The Jets were missing players that game too including Eric Smith and Trevor Pryce. Smith has played excellent football in the playoffs.

We're also playing much better D then we were at that point. Your guys are not going to have "big games"... no to Rashard, no to Wallace, no to Ben. I know it's fun fantasizing about it but it ain't gonna happen. period.

mcg24
01-21-2011, 11:00 AM

You are drinking some very powerful kool aid.

mcg24
01-21-2011, 11:00 AM
I know it's fun fantasizing

You do seem like you're having a lot of fun doing it right now.

Pac
01-21-2011, 11:05 AM
You do seem like you're having a lot of fun doing it right now.

that's no way to talk to a potential hero.

mcg24
01-21-2011, 11:07 AM
that's no way to talk to a potential hero.

You should see a doctor, I see a possible chance for a narcissistic personality disorder.

Jetsfan115
01-21-2011, 11:57 AM
You are drinking some very powerful kool aid.

so i take it your backing down? Good choice.

NYC_Steeler
01-21-2011, 12:11 PM

I hope you come back to this board to eat some incredible piles of crow after the beating your team has taken. We really hate trolls who come in here with their incredible bravado and smack talk only to disappear after they've been completely destroyed. Get's annoying after a while...

NYC_Steeler
01-21-2011, 12:18 PM

We gave you 9 BS points because 1. our ST unit once again fell asleep at the start of the game, 2. a stupid call of shotgun in the endzone resulted in a safety.

We had a replacement TE in Matt Spaeth who KEPT DROPPING BALLS. Including the game winner in the end zone. Heath Miller DOES NOT drop those balls, period - and he's back for the rematch.

Mark Sanchez had plenty of time to throw the ball, but was barely able to get anything going - and this was WITHOUT Troy. Troy is back - do you honestly think it's going to be any better?

Lay down the pipe - crack is whack.

chitownpit
01-21-2011, 12:23 PM
The Jets were missing players that game too including Eric Smith and Trevor Pryce. Smith has played excellent football in the playoffs.

We're also playing much better D then we were at that point. Your guys are not going to have "big games"... no to Rashard, no to Wallace, no to Ben. I know it's fun fantasizing about it but it ain't gonna happen. period.

This team leads the nfl in splash plays. Quick drinking the water!

Jetsfan115
01-21-2011, 12:31 PM
I hope you come back to this board to eat some incredible piles of crow after the beating your team has taken. We really hate trolls who come in here with their incredible bravado and smack talk only to disappear after they've been completely destroyed. Get's annoying after a while...

i'll be back here. but as a winner

We gave you 9 BS points because 1. our ST unit once again fell asleep at the start of the game, 2. a stupid call of shotgun in the endzone resulted in a safety.

We had a replacement TE in Matt Spaeth who KEPT DROPPING BALLS. Including the game winner in the end zone. Heath Miller DOES NOT drop those balls, period - and he's back for the rematch.

Mark Sanchez had plenty of time to throw the ball, but was barely able to get anything going - and this was WITHOUT Troy. Troy is back - do you honestly think it's going to be any better?

Lay down the pipe - crack is whack.

i can't wait for the excuses you guys make up when we win

chitownpit
01-21-2011, 12:33 PM
This team leads the nfl in splash plays. Quick drinking the water!

So what your saying is that out of all 3 , of the better splash play players in the nfl,
your not giving up anything? Come on dude i mean lets have a real conversation here.

43Hitman
01-21-2011, 12:36 PM
Are you seriously trying to get someone to make a bet with you over the internet? :doh:

Jetsfan115
01-21-2011, 12:38 PM
Are you seriously trying to get someone to make a bet with you over the internet? :doh:

a friendly bet. doesn't need to be anything exchanged but i had a thought of how to get an unbiased opinion

43Hitman
01-21-2011, 12:43 PM

See thats the thing about opposing fans, they are soo used to losing that they have excuses ready for inevitable fall back into the trash pit. Do you guys really think you solved the Brady puzzle? Really? Because I have a feeling you guys just caught them on a bad day and next year it will be back to the same ole asswhoopings you guys always take from them.

You see Steeler fans know how to act when we win and when we lose. We don't make excuses. We say, "damn that was great run," or "When we shore that side of the line we'll be much better." We don't whine. We say good game, and we can't wait to play you guys again. So if by some miracle the JEST win, I'll say good game and leave it at that. Cause I know, this team is going to be good for the next 20 years just like the last 20 years. Can you say that about your team?

CargoJon
01-21-2011, 12:48 PM
Clearly this Jets contingency hasn't yet learned what it took Ravens fans several years to learn - you don't come in here and talk smack.

Jetsfan115
01-21-2011, 12:51 PM
See thats the thing about opposing fans, they are soo used to losing that they have excuses ready for inevitable fall back into the trash pit. Do you guys really think you solved the Brady puzzle? Really? Because I have a feeling you guys just caught them on a bad day and next year it will be back to the same ole asswhoopings you guys always take from them.

You see Steeler fans know how to act when we win and when we lose. We don't make excuses. We say, "damn that was great run," or "When we shore that side of the line we'll be much better." We don't whine. We say good game, and we can't wait to play you guys again. So if by some miracle the JEST win, I'll say good game and leave it at that. Cause I know, this team is going to be good for the next 20 years just like the last 20 years. Can you say that about your team?

Umm your ignorant. you know what the jest record is against brady and the pats since ryan too over? 3-2. Its not like they swept us every year and we beat them in the playoffs. so what ass whooping s are you talking about? 1 game on the monday night? we split both season with them and then beat them in the playoffs.

Also all i hear is excuses on why you lost the last game.
"we spotted you 9 points"
"we didn't have miller"
"we didn't have troy"
"Smith wont get a lucky return TD"

Its like your still in denial that you lost the game.

and yes the jets look like they'll be in it every year for the foreseeable future. I'm not denying the steelers history nor the fact they are a great team right now and look like they will be for at least the next few years, but you can't honestly say that the jets won't be either

43Hitman
01-21-2011, 01:01 PM
Umm your ignorant. you know what the jest record is against brady and the pats since ryan too over? 3-2. Its not like they swept us every year and we beat them in the playoffs. so what ass whooping s are you talking about? 1 game on the monday night? we split both season with them and then beat them in the playoffs.

"we didn't have miller"
"we didn't have troy"

and yes the jets look like they'll be in it every year for the foreseeable future. I'm not denying the steelers history nor the fact they are a great team right now and look like they will be for at least the next few years, but you can't honestly say that the jets won't be either

Sure I can given their track record.

Watch the attacks. We've been very accommodating to you guys. Remember who's house you're in junior, cause you can be shown the door with size 11 Steeler boot up your ass.

CargoJon
01-21-2011, 01:02 PM

"we didn't have miller"
"we didn't have troy"

Well, they might be great if their QB could ever finish a season with a rating over 80 :coffee: But that hasn't happened yet, so yes I can honestly say that.

NYC_Steeler
01-21-2011, 01:03 PM

Delusions of grandeur

Yeah - I'm pretty sure we're gonna be hearing alot of whining from the Jets fans: "the refs were blind", "the fix is in", "the NFL doesn't want the Jets ...", etc. and so on.

CargoJon
01-21-2011, 01:04 PM
Delusions of grandeur

Yeah - I'm pretty sure we're gonna be hearing alot of whining from the Jets fans: "the refs were blind", "the fix is in", "the NFL doesn't want the Jets ...", etc. and so on.

Same tired shit we heard from Seahawks and Cards fans :blah:

SteelCityMom
01-21-2011, 01:06 PM
a friendly bet. doesn't need to be anything exchanged but i had a thought of how to get an unbiased opinion

Come on. You don't have an unbiased opinion...why do you expect Steelers fans to have an unbiased opinion? Seriously. :doh:

It ****ing needs to be Sunday already.

Jetsfan115
01-21-2011, 01:09 PM
Sure I can given their track record.

Watch the attacks. We've been very accommodating to you guys. Remember who's house you're in junior, cause you can be shown the door with size 11 Steeler boot up your ass.

Track record? the 80s, 90s and early 2000s have no meaning on the way the franhise is headed. i'm sure the pats hears the same thing going into the 2000s but becuase the top franchise for teh decade (3SB wins and 2nd most games won overall (indy was 1st)

Well, they might be great if their QB could ever finish a season with a rating over 80 :coffee: But that hasn't happened yet, so yes I can honestly say that.

92.2 career rating in the playoffs. do you remember how bad ben played in his 1st SB?

Delusions of grandeur

i don't make excuses. a win is a win and a loss is a loss

43Hitman
01-21-2011, 01:09 PM
Come on. You don't have an unbiased opinion...why do you expect Steelers fans to have an unbiased opinion? Seriously. :doh:

I hear ya. Sunday cannot get here fast enough.

NYC_Steeler
01-21-2011, 01:20 PM

"we didn't have miller"
"we didn't have troy"

The fact of the matter is we shot ourselves in the foot - it happened against Baltimore and we spotted them 14 points but were able to come back against a much more physical team than the Jets. Didn't they beat you guys?

As for the Jets, they may very well be one and done - they brought in a number of players whose contracts are up after this year. They'll have 18 free agents - who do you sign? And of course, let's not forget Darelle "I Want My Money" Revis - if another CB in the NFL gets more $ than Revis, you can be sure, he'll sit out and demand a new contract - great team player. He's reliable, that's for sure! (NOT)

CargoJon
01-21-2011, 01:21 PM
92.2 career rating in the playoffs. do you remember how bad ben played in his 1st SB?

Do you remember how well Ben played in the 3 games leading up to that Super Bowl?

49/72 680 yards, 7 TD 1 INT, 124.77 rating.

Of Dirty's 5 playoff games, only twice has he had a rating over 100, twice his rating has been below 65.

Hit or miss. I guess that averages out to around 92, doesn't it? Model of inconsistency.

mcg24
01-21-2011, 01:27 PM

How do you interpret me saying you are drinking kool aid as me backing down?

Pac
01-21-2011, 01:30 PM
How do you interpret me saying you are drinking kool aid as me backing down?

You're backing down?

I accept.

mcg24
01-21-2011, 01:37 PM
You're backing down?

I accept.

I don't back down to JETS fans.

SteelCityMom
01-21-2011, 01:43 PM
It's nice to see some of you showing your true colors.

I wonder if I can go over to whatever Jets board you post on and act like a fool too. Are they still banning people for JetsNation for bringing up the fact that Sanchez was arrested for rape after people go on for pages about "Rapelesburger"?

43Hitman
01-21-2011, 01:45 PM

I wonder if I can go over to whatever Jets board you post on and act like a fool too. Are they still banning people for JetsNation for bringing up the fact that Sanchez was arrested for rape after people go on for pages about "Rapelesburger"?

yep, any dissenting opinion is quickly squashed with about 50 flames of OMGZ BEN RAPISTBURGER SUCKORZ!!!!

Pac
01-21-2011, 02:04 PM

Not sure about anyone else but I haven't mentioned any of that stuff.. I don't care who or what Ben has laid down with. I doubt they'd ban you at JN though.. pretty leinient over there from what I've seen.

I've always been of the opinion these boards are more fun when there's good natured trash talking... no one likes circle jerk.

DFWSTEELERFAN
01-21-2011, 02:46 PM

I'm your huckleberry... What do you want to bet... Anyone want to be a paypal middle man? I say $300... Put up or shut up!!!

Jetsfan115
01-21-2011, 02:47 PM

my opinion is unbiased. i didn't come here saying how were light years better and every player is a HOFer and were gonna blow you out 60-0 and

I hear ya. Sunday cannot get here fast enough.

we finally agree on something. Sunday can't get here soon enough

The fact of the matter is we shot ourselves in the foot - it happened against Baltimore and we spotted them 14 points but were able to come back against a much more physical team than the Jets. Didn't they beat you guys?

As for the Jets, they may very well be one and done - they brought in a number of players whose contracts are up after this year. They'll have 18 free agents - who do you sign? And of course, let's not forget Darelle "I Want My Money" Revis - if another CB in the NFL gets more $ than Revis, you can be sure, he'll sit out and demand a new contract - great team player. He's reliable, that's for sure! (NOT)

one and done? this is the 2nd year in a row playing in the conference championship.
so worse case would be 2 and done.

also the core of players is still in tact and most of our free agents are very adamant about wanting to stay here. Revis is a greedy bastard, year i know that. no argument there at all

also yes balt beat us but it was by 1 point. not like they dominated us. and didn't NE take you guys to the woodshed too this season? at least we beat them 2 out of 3 times and more importantly in the playoffs. you guys are in for a rude awakening

feel free. I'm a mod over at nyjetsfan.com

You're going to a crappy jets board of course you'll find crappy posters. come over to mine. You won't get banned for anything except personal attacks on other posters. keep it to the team and you'll be fine. Also should i bring up you had to ban a member for telling me to "get cancer and die"

DFWSTEELERFAN
01-21-2011, 03:07 PM
dupe

TRH
01-21-2011, 03:15 PM
my opinion is unbiased. i didn't come here saying how were light years better and every player is a HOFer and were gonna blow you out 60-0 and

we finally agree on something. Sunday can't get here soon enough

one and done? this is the 2nd year in a row playing in the conference championship.
so worse case would be 2 and done.

also the core of players is still in tact and most of our free agents are very adamant about wanting to stay here. Revis is a greedy bastard, year i know that. no argument there at all

also yes balt beat us but it was by 1 point. not like they dominated us. and didn't NE take you guys to the woodshed too this season? at least we beat them 2 out of 3 times and more importantly in the playoffs. you guys are in for a rude awakening

You're going to a crappy jets board of course you'll find crappy posters. come over to mine. You won't get banned for anything except personal attacks on other posters. keep it to the team and you'll be fine. Also should i bring up you had to ban a member for telling me to "get cancer and die"

Dude, seriously. You've worn out your welcome. A little round-and-round discussion with another teams fan is cool for awhile, but you're starting to take over threads (not in a cool way). You're similar to a "bobbyjr" we had a few weeks back from the Ravens.
I've noticed most peoples responses here are pretty sensible, maybe a little biased (this is a Steelers board....not a Jets board), pretty friendly and so on.
Its cool your a Jets fan. Good for you. Now why don't you scoot your ass back on over to the Jets Nation board or whatever it is.
I'm not sure why you're wasting so much time here. Bye.

Jetsfan115
01-21-2011, 03:36 PM
Dude, seriously. You've worn out your welcome. A little round-and-round discussion with another teams fan is cool for awhile, but you're starting to take over threads (not in a cool way). You're similar to a "bobbyjr" we had a few weeks back from the Ravens.
I've noticed most peoples responses here are pretty sensible, maybe a little biased (this is a Steelers board....not a Jets board), pretty friendly and so on.
Its cool your a Jets fan. Good for you. Now why don't you scoot your ass back on over to the Jets Nation board or whatever it is.
I'm not sure why you're wasting so much time here. Bye.

That's why there is an ignore button. and a little biased is an understatement . I'm just sitting back letting you all set yourselves up for a let down. i bet on gameday you will all be posting angry posts when your losing

SteelCityMom
01-21-2011, 03:37 PM
Not sure about anyone else but I haven't mentioned any of that stuff.. I don't care who or what Ben has laid down with. I doubt they'd ban you at JN though.. pretty leinient over there from what I've seen.

I've always been of the opinion these boards are more fun when there's good natured trash talking... no one likes circle jerk.

No I know...wasn't calling you out specifically. Just kind of getting tired of the attitude of a few fans here that we (as fans) should just be conceding the game and not talking up the Steelers.

I know they're doing exactly what we are doing here at other Jets boards, so I don't get why some are so surprised at the attitude here.

And yes, there was someone banned for the very reason I mentioned over at JetsInsider (or JetsNation...I can't remember) back in December.

Plus I haven't slept and am pretty anxious for the game Sunday. Tired of talking about it lol. So the bitch will be loose at times today. Nothing I can do to stop it. :chuckle:

SteelCityMom
01-21-2011, 03:42 PM
my opinion is unbiased. i didn't come here saying how were light years better and every player is a HOFer and were gonna blow you out 60-0

Now you're just exaggerating, or taking a joke too seriously. Nobody has said that. All I'm saying is you're acting like we shouldn't be confident at all. Both teams fans have every reason to be confident. The sentiments at every Jets board I've browsed is the same as the sentiments here...except they think the Jets will win. I don't know why your so shocked that we have confidence in our team. Both sides are biased in favor of their teams.

And it was handled quickly. What's your point? I'm sure you get the occasional toolbags that would do the same on your board and others like it. :noidea:

Jetsfan115
01-21-2011, 04:48 PM
yep, any dissenting opinion is quickly squashed with about 50 flames of OMGZ BEN RAPISTBURGER SUCKORZ!!!!

don't go to a crappy board. I gave you a better option.

Now you're just exaggerating, or taking a joke too seriously. Nobody has said that. All I'm saying is you're acting like we shouldn't be confident at all. Both teams fans have every reason to be confident. The sentiments at every Jets board I've browsed is the same as the sentiments here...except they think the Jets will win. I don't know why your so shocked that we have confidence in our team. Both sides are biased in favor of their teams.

And it was handled quickly. What's your point? I'm sure you get the occasional toolbags that would do the same on your board and others like it. :noidea:

I never said you shouldn't be confident. nothing wrong with confidence, just over-rating all your players and under-rating all ours. I mean from what you guys say you think you were playing the panthers or something. Its a pick game. both teams are very even talent-wise. its gonna come down to game-plan and a few plays here or there.

Jetsfan115
01-21-2011, 04:49 PM

It was i'm just saying i have people calling me a troll which i'm obviously not and yet acting like their all debating me. instead most of the responses are 1 line jokes

SteelCityMom
01-21-2011, 05:16 PM
I never said you shouldn't be confident. nothing wrong with confidence, just over-rating all your players and under-rating all ours. I mean from what you guys say you think you were playing the panthers or something. Its a pick game. both teams are very even talent-wise. its gonna come down to game-plan and a few plays here or there.

And you've done the same with your own players at times. Again, I don't know what you expected. If you came here expecting us to think the majority of our (2 time SB winning players) are average, then you're just flat out mistaken. We've got a lot of pride in our team for a reason and think they can beat anyone. And I know Jets fans feel the same. Debating anything beyond that is almost pointless.

It was i'm just saying i have people calling me a troll which i'm obviously not and yet acting like their all debating me. instead most of the responses are 1 line jokes

You'll have that at pretty much any board...especially when the game has been discussed ad nauseum and most especially during the playoffs. Again, I don't know what you expected, but you were wrong. For the most part, it's been good natured ribbing anyway.

And as far as setting ourselves up for a letdown, you do know there's that sliver of a chance that the Jets just might not win, right?

I don't know...I'm just ****ing tired and it needs to be Sunday. That's been my chant for the past 3 days.

sarahpalinhater
01-21-2011, 05:18 PM
And you've done the same with your own players at times. Again, I don't know what you expected. If you came here expecting us to think the majority of our (2 time SB winning players) are average, then you're just flat out mistaken. We've got a lot of pride in our team for a reason and think they can beat anyone. And I know Jets fans feel the same. Debating anything beyond that is almost pointless.

You'll have that at pretty much any board...especially when the game has been discussed ad nauseum and most especially during the playoffs. Again, I don't know what you expected, but you were wrong. For the most part, it's been good natured ribbing anyway.

And as far as setting ourselves up for a letdown, you do know there's that sliver of a chance that the Jets just might not win, right?

I don't know...I'm just ****ing tired and it needs to be Sunday. That's been my chant for the past 3 days.

Just over 49 hours Mom...hang in there :tt03:

SteelCityMom
01-21-2011, 05:24 PM
Just over 49 hours Mom...hang in there :tt03:

Too much coffee, too little sleep and too much playoff football talk is making me want to run and tackle inanimate objects around the house.

I am happy to report though, that nothing is broken....yet. :tt03:

We'll all make it, but it might not be pretty lol.

mcg24
01-21-2011, 08:31 PM
my opinion is unbiased.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

you guys are in for a rude awakening

Or is it you that's in for a little surprise? You keep saying that, and I'm not sure why.

You're going to a crappy jets board of course you'll find crappy posters. come over to mine.

Just because you like going over to other team's boards, talking up the Jets and saying how the opponent is in for a "rude awakening," doesn't mean we all enjoy doing the same.

SteelKnight
01-21-2011, 10:02 PM

You've been nice and respectful but you are lucky you ran into Steelers Fever instead of some other Steeler board. Some of them (on other boards) are just plain rude, obnoxious...even to their own Steeler fans. You would have been eaten alive. Consider this mild stuff.

SteelKnight
01-23-2011, 04:41 PM
Nah

1.Brady

A. Manning
B. Ben
C. Brees
D. Rogers

6. Vick
7. Rivers
8. Romo
9. Eli Manning
10. Matty Ice

13-15 take your pick
A. Joe Flacco
B. Matt Cassell
C. Matt Schaub

16-19 take your pick
A. Kyle Orton
B. David Garrard
C.Vince Young
D. Donavan McNaab

Gosh Cutler sucks. i wanted to see where i had ranked him. He belongs in that 16-19 group. It should be 16-20. He's just a gunslinger. He still may be better than Sanchez though.

Jetsfan115
01-23-2011, 04:50 PM
Gosh Cutler sucks. i wanted to see where i had ranked him. He belongs in that 16-19 group. It should be 16-20. He's just a gunslinger. He still may be better than Sanchez though.

we'll see how you feel about sanchez after today :drink:

Jetsfan115
01-23-2011, 04:51 PM
You've been nice and respectful but you are lucky you ran into Steelers Fever instead of some other Steeler board. Some of them (on other boards) are just plain rude, obnoxious...even to their own Steeler fans. You would have been eaten alive. Consider this mild stuff.

duely noted

SteelKnight
01-23-2011, 09:38 PM
Nah

1.Brady

A. Manning
B. Ben
C. Brees
D. Rogers

6. Vick
7. Rivers
8. Romo
9. Eli Manning
10. Matty Ice

13-15 take your pick
A. Joe Flacco
B. Matt Cassell
C. Matt Schaub

16-19 take your pick
A. Kyle Orton
B. David Garrard
C.Vince Young
D. Donavan McNaab

Sanchez is better than I thought. maybe he belongs in the 13-15 range.

SteelKnight
01-23-2011, 09:45 PM
Go for the first down and end the game. Flashbacks of Baltimore.

SteelKnight
01-23-2011, 09:46 PM
play action screen...