PDA

View Full Version : Ben's Mindset in the Pocket and Late Game Heroics

3rdandlong
01-20-2011, 12:22 PM
All Steelers' fans know there is no one better to have under center than number seven when the game is on the line. From what I can see, the reason why this is so is because not only can he extend the play, but he processes his reads faster when under the most pressure to deliver. This is also why he excels in the no huddle. He getsin a rhythm and the game slows down for him. I would really like to see what's going on in is brain late in the fourth quarter and having to deliver as opposed to being tied in the first quarter. Perhaps Sports Science could do a segment on Ben and his brain (let the sexual assault jokes fly).

Fire Arians
01-20-2011, 12:24 PM
he's been near death and flew through a windshield off his bike, I'm sure living through that, seeing 300 lb linemen isn't so scary anymore

grward
01-20-2011, 12:26 PM
All Steelers' fans know there is no one better to have under center than number seven when the game is on the line. From what I can see, the reason why this is so is because not only can he extend the play, but he processes his reads faster when under the most pressure to deliver. This is also why he excels in the no huddle. He getsin a rhythm and the game slows down for him. I would really like to see what's going on in is brain late in the fourth quarter and having to deliver as opposed to being tied in the first quarter. Perhaps Sports Science could do a segment on Ben and his brain (let the sexual assault jokes fly).

I would like to see him open the game in the no huddle! :tt02:

SeinfeldNut
01-20-2011, 12:28 PM
He has been through allot of big games & come up clutch in most of those games, I think he relishes that opportunity to be in a big game late, have the chance to drive his team down the field for the win. Its in his DNA as a player.

SteelCityMom
01-20-2011, 12:30 PM
Sports Science did do a segment on Ben (though I don't think examining his brain was involved :chuckle: ) a couple years or so ago.

En6cTw1nGSo

kirklandrules
01-20-2011, 01:57 PM
I would like to see him open the game in the no huddle! :tt02:

The perfect time for the no huddle is if the Steelers get the opening kickoff. Run the no huddle on the first series to set an early up tempo and run those dbacks around a bit. The Steelers defense won't lose anything as they will be sitting on the sideline waiting for their first series.

mcg24
01-20-2011, 02:08 PM
I'm sorry but Ben has no chance against Revis. Revis can cover every single one of our receivers at the same time, and if Ben even throws the ball once he will pick it off.