PDA

View Full Version : Skip Bayles and First and 10

StainlessStill
01-20-2011, 06:55 PM
I told you guys I couldn't watch ANYTHING anymore. When I actually do, now I'm pissed.

Of course, they talk about Ben's "image" and the panel goes onto say that from what they've "read" is that the Pittsburgh people still aren't accepting Ben and that he's still not on good terms. They then went onto say that the city of Pittsburgh stepped back and said how we didn't really need Ben because of how we went 3-1 to start the season.

I about flipped my television set over. I seriously can't believe these false reports and how they are putting that SHIT on the air! I dare them to go to a Steelers game and see all those #7 jersey's in that parking lot and tell me that he's not accepted. How many times did we hear "Man, when Ben comes back we are going to be even better!" or "We would have beat Baltimore with Ben in the lineup!"

Those analyst are scum. Anyone got First and 10's twitter or FB? I need to tell them they need to be fired. LACK OF RESPECT, always.

SteelKnight
01-20-2011, 07:01 PM
Yeah...I'm starting to think it is all fabricated. I don't live in Pittsburgh but I imagine Ben is getting lots of love.

We need Ben. That 3-1 was painful and lucky. The defense was lights out. Without Ben, we would have been 8-8 or 9-7 out of the playoffs.

Atlanta Dan
01-20-2011, 07:03 PM
New York Times wrote a story last Saturday about the "split" in Pittsburgh regarding Roethlisberger

In Pittsburgh, a Quarterback Split
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/15/sports/football/15steelers.html?_r=1&adxnnl=1&ref=pittsburghsteelers&adxnnlx=1295568027-lICP8O0O2b9aJ7w9/XxCtQ

Then Bayless can say he has read Pittsburgh is split over Roethlisberger and the media echo chambers perpetuates the story of the "split" in Pittsburgh

Works the same way as political reporting

steelerschik
01-20-2011, 07:10 PM
Yeah...I'm starting to think it is all fabricated. I don't live in Pittsburgh but I imagine Ben is getting lots of love.

We need Ben. That 3-1 was painful and lucky. The defense was lights out. Without Ben, we would have been 8-8 or 9-7 out of the playoffs.

Well I live here and I'd love to know where the "split" is and all the hatred towards Ben is as well. Everyone I know put his off field crap behind them and are concentrating on football and nothing else. I will tell you what is/was fabricated...the bar and restaurant owners that complained about Ben. My cousin owns a sports bar in downtown that Ben frequents (well used to). He was interviewed on how Ben is and cuz praised him stating he was a nice guy to everyone, tipped well, never came off ****y. Him and another bar owner in the same area said the same thing. Funny thing, their stories never made the papers. According to my cousin, there were many other bar/restaurant owners interviewed saying positive things about Ben and none of their stories made the papers either. If people can't see what the media has done and is still doing, those are the same people who think the refs let the Steelers win all their games and Ben will always be a "rapist" because they are uneducated illiterate fools who ignore reality.

SeinfeldNut
01-20-2011, 07:12 PM
Just another talking head who thinks that his opinion is highly sought after. I just change the channel whenever I see his face pop up on my TV screen.

Neil-Still-Rules-14
01-20-2011, 07:16 PM
Well I live here and I'd love to know where the "split" is and all the hatred towards Ben is as well. Everyone I know put his off field crap behind them and are concentrating on football and nothing else. I will tell you what is/was fabricated...the bar and restaurant owners that complained about Ben. My cousin owns a sports bar in downtown that Ben frequents (well used to). He was interviewed on how Ben is and cuz praised him stating he was a nice guy to everyone, tipped well, never came off ****y. Him and another bar owner in the same area said the same thing. Funny thing, their stories never made the papers. According to my cousin, there were many other bar/restaurant owners interviewed saying positive things about Ben and none of their stories made the papers either. If people can't see what the media has done and is still doing, those are the same people who think the refs let the Steelers win all their games and Ben will always be a "rapist" because they are uneducated illiterate fools who ignore reality.

Wow thanks for that info...yeah I have never gotten any sort of douche vibe from Ben in my life, he has always been cool every time I've seen him or had a chance to talk to him at training camp. I wonder why the media hates successful athletes so much.

FanSince72
01-20-2011, 07:22 PM
Yeah, I saw that one this afternoon.

The trouble with a 24/7 sports network is that it's real hard to fill all that time with anything meaningful. That's the thing I hate about this time of year because all of the real "nuts and bolts" stuff can be discussed in about an hour and after that it's whatever fills air time.

Right about now they're scraping the bottom of the barrel with stupid shit like interviews with some guy's high school coach or maybe some wide receiver's neighbor when he was a kid.

It's all garbage and it's all designed to make these talking heads seem as if they have the finger on the pulse of everything.

Frankly, if I have it on in the background and some Steeler stuff comes on, I check to see what it is and if it doesn't relate directly to the game, I just go back to whatever I was doing.

SeinfeldNut
01-20-2011, 07:33 PM
Yeah, I saw that one this afternoon.

The trouble with a 24/7 sports network is that it's real hard to fill all that time with anything meaningful. That's the thing I hate about this time of year because all of the real "nuts and bolts" stuff can be discussed in about an hour and after that it's whatever fills air time.

Right about now they're scraping the bottom of the barrel with stupid shit like interviews with some guy's high school coach or maybe some wide receiver's neighbor when he was a kid.

It's all garbage and it's all designed to make these talking heads seem as if they have the finger on the pulse of everything.

Frankly, if I have it on in the background and some Steeler stuff comes on, I check to see what it is and if it doesn't relate directly to the game, I just go back to whatever I was doing.

Yeah, reminds me of the local tv news stations in each city getting caught up in the game, which city has better food, who has crazier fans etc.

sarahpalinhater
01-20-2011, 07:50 PM
I told you guys I couldn't watch ANYTHING anymore. When I actually do, now I'm pissed.

Of course, they talk about Ben's "image" and the panel goes onto say that from what they've "read" is that the Pittsburgh people still aren't accepting Ben and that he's still not on good terms. They then went onto say that the city of Pittsburgh stepped back and said how we didn't really need Ben because of how we went 3-1 to start the season.

I about flipped my television set over. I seriously can't believe these false reports and how they are putting that SHIT on the air! I dare them to go to a Steelers game and see all those #7 jersey's in that parking lot and tell me that he's not accepted. How many times did we hear "Man, when Ben comes back we are going to be even better!" or "We would have beat Baltimore with Ben in the lineup!"

Those analyst are scum. Anyone got First and 10's twitter or FB? I need to tell them they need to be fired. LACK OF RESPECT, always.

I totally hear what you are saying my steeler buddy. But let me say one thing. It really wasn't Skip Bayless who going on about the Steelers started 3-1, and how they don't really need him. But it was that other fool Rob Parker who was saying it. And I to was going Nuts cause what Parker forgot to mention was during that 4 games without Ben, our passing offense was dead last! And that it was more our defense that won those games. But all this talk about how Ben's off the field activity is nonsense. I mean Ben was out on his Birthday having fun. How many of us have done this ?
Ben clearly showed maturity by hiring two individuals to drive their SUV's who would not be drinking. I'm sure the families of the people that B.Edwards and L.Little killed wish that they had shown that type of sense. And Ben did buy that 20 year old girl drinks, but was it Ben's job to check her ID ? No, it was the Clubs job. Look, Ben is not the cookie-cutter IDEAL looking QB that advertisers want to do commercials. He's a Big burly guy who is not GQ. And there are always going to be haters out there. But for the most part, everything I have always heard from Skip Bayless regarding Ben has been supportive. But others like Rob Parker, and that skank, Jamell Hill, they ALWAYS play the " Race " card when it comes to Ben. Yes I hate it. But it is par for the course my friend. Don't let them get you down :tt:

chitownpit
01-20-2011, 07:57 PM
I watched inside the nfl last night and they went on and on about how
bens accepted even better now in pittsburg and in the club house.
Now i live in chicago and let me tell you everbody else in this
country hates ben , call him a rapest and talk shit. People
its called jelousy. When you want to talk stats,superbowls,or
quarterback rating or even money at the end of the season, they shutup
quick. I cant stand it . They want to tell me how i accept my quarterback?
Screw Off!!!!!!!!! All of them!!!!!!!!!!

fer522
01-20-2011, 08:10 PM
F**K them all
go steelers

chitownpit
01-20-2011, 08:10 PM
Love me some big Ben:blah:

chitownpit
01-20-2011, 08:22 PM
Love me some big ben

SteelKnight
01-20-2011, 09:44 PM
Well I live here and I'd love to know where the "split" is and all the hatred towards Ben is as well. Everyone I know put his off field crap behind them and are concentrating on football and nothing else.

LOL Wouldn't that be funny if we won the SB, they had a huge parade with all the fans cheering Ben and the news people had a hard time creating the "split" image. I guess they would come up with a story of how some are boycotting the parade and find 2 people to talk.

I was disappointed when they did that stupid poll and it said both blacks and whites don't like Ben. Please. A lot of non-Steeler fans are not going to like him because he's good. Why didn't they ask how many liked Tom Brady. If they were going to do that, they should have done black and white Steeler fans. Secondly it is so soon after the Georgia cases that they might have asked the question in a biased way "Do you view Ben's behavior in a positive light?". Tricks.

43Hitman
01-20-2011, 09:48 PM

Dude its all about the ratings. Bayless is about as worthless as tits on a bull.

43Hitman
01-20-2011, 09:49 PM
Love me some big ben

That's Harrison in your sig right? I like the black and white, nice touch. :thumbsup:

TRH
01-20-2011, 09:49 PM
First of all, they're isn't a "split" in Pittsburgh. Period. Sure, there are still some nutcases running around calling Ben an a**hole (who've never met the guy, for sure), but those are scattered at BEST.

Secondly, Skip Bayless is a douchebag a**hole. Its so painful to listen to him speak, that i want to slit my wrists when he talks about anything. He's god....awful.

today is the only day i really watched any reporting and after hearing about the Jets 10 billion times before noon and the Steelers twice, i shut the damn thing off and turned on some music. I'm going to try hard to tune out tomorrow as well.

4xSBChamps
01-20-2011, 09:54 PM
Now i live in chicago and let me tell you everbody else in this country hates ben, call him a rapest and talk shit.

Tampa Bay sports media go outta-their-way to skewer him every chance they get

TRH
01-20-2011, 10:44 PM
Tampa Bay sports media go outta-their-way to skewer him every chance they get

that don't surprise me either. I lived just south of the Tampa Bay area for almost 5 years and all of their sports teams, even the Bucs when they're winning, are incredibly boring.

FanSince72
01-20-2011, 10:49 PM
...Skip Bayless is a douchebag a**hole. Its so painful to listen to him speak, that i want to slit my wrists when he talks about anything. He's god....awful.

today is the only day i really watched any reporting and after hearing about the Jets 10 billion times before noon and the Steelers twice, i shut the damn thing off and turned on some music. I'm going to try hard to tune out tomorrow as well.

ROFLMAO!

I kept hearing them say they were going to analyze the AFCC game but when they did it just turned into an infomercial for the Jets.

Hey, New York is THE market and everyone else has to wait in line. That's not fair, but that's the way it is.

As for Bayless, he may very well be all the things you said he is, but at least he picked us to win so I guess I can't hate him completely.

sarahpalinhater
01-21-2011, 10:34 AM
Dude its all about the ratings. Bayless is about as worthless as tits on a bull.

Just watched the show this morning, and I was right yesterday. Skip was NOT Dissing the Steelers. In fact, he took the steelers over the Jets. As I also told you, the REAL Moron is Rop Parker. Not only did this Illiterate HOMER pick the Jets over the Steelers, but he picked them by 10 points. He even Bet Skip on the game, and GAVE Bayless the Steelers AND 5 points :rofl: What a Sucker Parker is. So, even though I DO agree that Skip Bayless can be a pompus bombastic weenie at times. When it comes to this game, he is, unlike " Hommies " Rob Parker, and Warren Sapp...IS dealing in reality :tt04:

Here we go STEELERS....Here we Go!! :tt02:

beer72
01-21-2011, 12:24 PM
He also picked the Steelers as the largest fan base. That rob guy picked the cheese heads...wtf

43Hitman
01-21-2011, 01:37 PM
Just watched the show this morning, and I was right yesterday. Skip was NOT Dissing the Steelers. In fact, he took the steelers over the Jets. As I also told you, the REAL Moron is Rop Parker. Not only did this Illiterate HOMER pick the Jets over the Steelers, but he picked them by 10 points. He even Bet Skip on the game, and GAVE Bayless the Steelers AND 5 points :rofl: What a Sucker Parker is. So, even though I DO agree that Skip Bayless can be a pompus bombastic weenie at times. When it comes to this game, he is, unlike " Hommies " Rob Parker, and Warren Sapp...IS dealing in reality :tt04:

Here we go STEELERS....Here we Go!! :tt02:

Yeah admittedly I didn't see it, I was just going of past experiences with Skip. lol

CargoJon
01-21-2011, 02:01 PM
Skip just says things to get noticed. His schtick is to go against conventional wisdom, and take the opposite approach of what the other co-host says.

It's a bad act, and he looks like an idiot doing it....it' so obvious.