PDA

View Full Version : The picks are in....

sarahpalinhater
01-20-2011, 07:44 PM
...At least the ones from ESPN...If anyone cares who they're picking.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/picks

SeinfeldNut
01-20-2011, 07:48 PM
I wonder who Tom Jackson is picking for this game....will he try to do reverse physiology on the Jets for a second straight week?

Atlanta Dan
01-20-2011, 07:52 PM
I wonder who Tom Jackson is picking for this game....will he try to do reverse physiology on the Jets for a second straight week?

Tom Jackson picks the Steelers

Ditka and Keyshawn stay true to their colors - Ditka picks Da Bears and Keyshawn goes with the Jets

http://espn.go.com/nfl/notebook/_/page/sundaycountdown10/your-weekly-nfl-guide

Prisco picks the Steelers

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/features/writers/prisco/picks

As does Peter King

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/peter_king/01/20/nfl-championship-game-picks/index.html?eref=sihp

SeinfeldNut
01-20-2011, 08:01 PM
Tom Jackson picks the Steelers

Ditka and Keyshawn stay true to their colors - Ditka picks Da Bears and Keyshawn goes with the Jets

http://espn.go.com/nfl/notebook/_/page/sundaycountdown10/your-weekly-nfl-guide

Prisco picks the Steelers

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/features/writers/prisco/picks

As does Peter King

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/peter_king/01/20/nfl-championship-game-picks/index.html?eref=sihp

Thank you for the links, just a random question, has the city of Atlanta recovered from that bad loss the Falcons suffered this past weekend?

Jetsfan115
01-20-2011, 08:07 PM
i <3 being an underdog!

Atlanta Dan
01-20-2011, 08:11 PM
Thank you for the links, just a random question, has the city of Atlanta recovered from that bad loss the Falcons suffered this past weekend?

Pretty much, although the guy still getting heat is Matt Ryan for the 2 picks at the end of the first half - not hearing so much talk about Ryan as the next great NFL QB

Fans wanted to believe but after the Monday night Saints loss and the long tradition of Atlanta pro teams not winning any championships (1 World Series - that's it) nobody is surprised - suffice it to say the NFL expectations are a little lower here than they are in Pittsburgh

43Hitman
01-20-2011, 08:15 PM
i <3 being an underdog!

Really, what position do you play?

LVSteelersfan
01-20-2011, 08:20 PM
Crap, we are getting too much respect. I liked it better when I could bitch and moan that we were getting no respect from the media. Of course, they have to pick the team that is going to win the game so they have it right.

SeinfeldNut
01-20-2011, 08:23 PM
Pretty much, although the guy still getting heat is Matt Ryan for the 2 picks at the end of the first half - not hearing so much talk about Ryan as the next great NFL QB

Fans wanted to believe but after the Monday night Saints loss and the long tradition of Atlanta pro teams not winning any championships (1 World Series - that's it) nobody is surprised - suffice it to say the NFL expectations are a little lower here than they are in Pittsburgh

Yep, I think that talk has now gone to Aaron Rodgers, especially if he is able to lead the Packers to a Super Bowl win. Agree, just another reason you made the right choice in going with the black & gold :tt:

KingsOfTheGridiron
01-20-2011, 08:25 PM
i <3 being an underdog!

The Steelers like playing an AFC Championship game at home in front of thousands and thousands of crazy fans. :tt02:

43Hitman
01-20-2011, 08:26 PM
Crap, we are getting too much respect. I liked it better when I could bitch and moan that we were getting no respect from the media. Of course, they have to pick the team that is going to win the game so they have it right.

Relax man, we've earned this respect. Cherish it. Relish it. Bask in it.

Atlanta Dan
01-20-2011, 08:29 PM
Yep, I think that talk has now gone to Aaron Rodgers, especially if he is able to lead the Packers to a Super Bowl win. Agree, just another reason you made the right choice in going with the black & gold :tt:

Not really a choice to make - i grew up in western PA - with sports bars followed by Sunday Ticket the technology made it easy to keep following the team I first cheered for

SeinfeldNut
01-20-2011, 08:36 PM
Not really a choice to make - i grew up in western PA - with sports bars followed by Sunday Ticket the technology made it easy to keep following the team I first cheered for

I understand, I am so thankful Sunday Ticket came along, could not imagine just being limited to Jets & Giant games every week ( I live in Nj)

FanSince72
01-20-2011, 08:37 PM

Well, see, here's the difference now...

In 2005 it was "One for the Thumb"

In 2008 it was to be the first team in history to win six.

But now it's about being the team to beat. We're in a position now where we can become the team that New England has been for the last decade; the team that everyone, every year expects to be in the Super Bowl and I think we're ready.

There are no more slogans, no more clever little rallying cries. It's time for this team to step up and simply BE the best team in football and BE the team to beat for no other reason than because we are!

Have the Patriots ever needed any motivation other than to confirm that they were the team to beat? Can you picture Belichick staying up nights trying to come up with some kind of motivating war cry?

Hardly.

They simply showed up and went about their business as THE NUMBER ONE TEAM IN FOOTBALL and that was that and they were perfectly content to stay that way until some other team proved them wrong.

The Steelers are at that point now. There's no need to get into any sophomoric war of words with a bunch of other teams who are all trying to talk themselves into believing that they actually belong here.

WE BELONG HERE!

PERIOD!

So i don't give a rat's ass if the entire ESPN workforce picks us to win it all because in my mind we SHOULD win it all because WE CAN AND BECAUSE WE'RE THAT GOOD!

43Hitman
01-20-2011, 08:41 PM

But now it's about being the team to beat. We're in a position now where we can become the team that New England has been for the last decade; the team that everyone, every year expects to be in the Super Bowl and I think we're ready.

There are no more slogans, no more clever little rallying cries. It's time for this team to step up and simply BE the best team in football and BE the team to beat for no other reason than because we are!

Have the Patriots ever needed any motivation other than to confirm that they were the team to beat? Can you picture Belichick staying up nights trying to come up with some kind of motivating war cry?

Hardly.

They simply showed up and went about their business as THE NUMBER ONE TEAM IN FOOTBALL and that was that and they were perfectly content to stay that way until some other team proved them wrong.

The Steelers are at that point now. There's no need to get into any sophomoric war of words with a bunch of other teams who are all trying to talk themselves into believing that they actually belong here.

WE BELONG HERE!

PERIOD!

So i don't give a rat's ass if the entire ESPN workforce picks us to win it all because in my mind we SHOULD win it all because WE CAN AND BECAUSE WE'RE THAT GOOD!

I couldn't have said it any better myself. Great post! :hatsoff:

Steelboy84
01-20-2011, 08:45 PM
Marshall Faulk picked the Jets but I doubt anyone is shocked. He was trashing the Steelers today.

SeinfeldNut
01-20-2011, 08:49 PM

Hardly.

WE BELONG HERE!

PERIOD!

Can someone put this post in the Steelers locker room? Could not have put it more perfectly!

4xSBChamps
01-20-2011, 09:58 PM
... the only change I'd even-consider would be

WE'VE BEEN- HERE!

WE'RE BACK!!

... AND WE'LL BE-BACK AGAIN!!!

:drink:

Fire Arians
01-20-2011, 10:01 PM
Marshall Faulk picked the Jets but I doubt anyone is shocked. He was trashing the Steelers today.

marshall always picks against us. he's still bitter about us beating his gay lover kurt warner in the super bowl

oh and we were a good reason why indy never made it to the sb while he played for the colts

BrandonCarr39
01-20-2011, 10:03 PM

Honestly, the Falcons D was there undoing - they couldn't keep Aaron Rodgers and the GB offense off the field for very, very long stretches.

Yes, Ryan made critical mistakes which probably changed the personality of the game, but again, the Falcons D is not off the hook. Their D coordinator had no answer throughout the game.

43Hitman
01-20-2011, 10:06 PM

He's always hard on the Steelers. It must be from that Championship game back in 95', I'm pretty sure he was on that team. Cause other than that, I have no idea why he's so tough on them.

JETSallDay
01-20-2011, 10:11 PM
i <3 being an underdog!

Amen! The Jets feed off of being underdogs...just ask Bart Scott!:chuckle: CAN'T WAIT!!

tony hipchest
01-20-2011, 10:13 PM
no. we feed off being underdogs first.

jets were preseason HBO hype faves.

brett favre.

Fire Arians
01-20-2011, 10:21 PM
Wow we're not the underdogs? I'm reading nfl.com and sports sites and you'd think that the jets are just gonna be handed the win.

4xSBChamps
01-20-2011, 10:27 PM
I'm reading nfl.com and sports sites and you'd think that the jets are just gonna be handed the win.

"... can we DO that...

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/football/Goodellonthephone.jpg

... and blame it on James Harrison???"

SH-Rock
01-20-2011, 10:46 PM
Is it me or Deion is a huge Pittsburgh bandwaggoner? He did it today on No Huddle: The Road to Dallas

Steel_Bus_24
01-20-2011, 10:54 PM
"... can we DO that...

:toofunny:.....thats some funny stuff

but sad at the same time

Steelboy84
01-20-2011, 11:14 PM
"... can we DO that...

Lol, Goddell is a coward.

pittsurghsteelers4life
01-20-2011, 11:51 PM
I really do hope that it is my STEELERS. In the SUPER BOWL...I like for it to be the CHGO bears because it would be the first time EVER that TWO AFRICAN AMERICAN. Coaches playing in the SUPER BOWL...... ...HISTORY could be made that day........But whenever u get done with it.....STEELERS KICK ASS & WIN......

saveus1011
01-20-2011, 11:59 PM

I'm the opposite. From Atlanta, never been to Pittsburgh, but I can't get enough of the Steelers. I love this team, and quite honestly, I wouldn't have it any other way.

See, my dad (who grew up a Packers fan, ironically) never forced it upon me or my brother that we had to follow his team. Couple that with the fact he coached Richard Shelton in high school, it was almost a given I'd be a complete Steelhead.

I will support this team til the day I die, and when I finally am called upon to accept "Best Director" bet your buns I'm whippin' out a Terrible Towel on my way up the aisle at the Kodak.:tt02::tt02::tt02:

Steelboy84
01-21-2011, 12:00 AM
I really do hope that it is my STEELERS. In the SUPER BOWL...I like for it to be the CHGO bears because it would be the first time EVER that TWO AFRICAN AMERICAN. Coaches playing in the SUPER BOWL...... ...HISTORY could be made that day........But whenever u get done with it.....STEELERS KICK ASS & WIN......

2007 SB

43Hitman
01-21-2011, 12:08 AM

See Tony Dungy vs. Lovie Smith

Steelboy84
01-21-2011, 12:32 AM
He's always hard on the Steelers. It must be from that Championship game back in 95', I'm pretty sure he was on that team. Cause other than that, I have no idea why he's so tough on them.

He is awful! He claimed u can cover Hines with a LB. Then he's dissing Troy. He is awful.