PDA

View Full Version : Why all the Roethlisberger Praise?

steelermania08
01-21-2011, 01:06 AM
Looking back at the last two weeks Rex Ryan has called out both of the opposing quarterbacks to the press. He took off all the attention on Sanchez by having the media focus on him.

The past couple of days there has been a lot of Roethlisberger praise from Ryan and the Jets. Is this a tactic to get the media talking about Roethlisberger so he will be distracted during the game? If this is the case can Roethlisberger look past all the praise?

JETSallDay
01-21-2011, 01:13 AM
I think it's more that the Jets genuinely respect him as a player. Manning and Brady aren't as respected because of their tendency to freak out and yell for a flag when a breeze hits them a little hard. But seriously, Roethlisberger is more of a "just suck it up" kind of QB, whereas Brady and Manning, however good they are, always whine to the refs, and have other annoying tendencies. At least that's how I see it..

MikeHaullace
01-21-2011, 01:14 AM
I think it's more that the Jets genuinely respect him as a player. Manning and Brady aren't as respected because of their tendency to freak out and yell for a flag when a breeze hits them a little hard. But seriously, Roethlisberger is more of a "just suck it up" kind of QB, whereas Brady and Manning, however good they are, always whine to the refs, and have other annoying tendencies. At least that's how I see it..

Welcome to the board. I think you're exactly right with your assessment.

steelermania08
01-21-2011, 01:15 AM
Yeah but Roethlisberger has been known to be an a**hole. Remember all the stories this summer? It isn't like he is some perfect guy and they arent.

Fire Arians
01-21-2011, 01:16 AM
Yeah but Roethlisberger has been known to be an a**hole. Remember all the stories this summer? It isn't like he is some perfect guy and they arent.

well it's sports analysis not a background check lol

MikeHaullace
01-21-2011, 01:20 AM

His a*8holery is not limited to this last summer either. Sadly enough. =\

chitownpit
01-21-2011, 01:33 AM
This guy is money right now. I would`nt take another QB in the league the last
two months. Too many people look soley at numbers [bradey & manning]
Ben is locked in, running that muddle huddle he has looked unstoppable
wish they let him call his own plays more often specialy this weekend
to slow down that defenses ability to change personal . We run the ball
great out of that 5 wide set as well when he`s running his own game.

Atlanta Dan
01-21-2011, 08:19 AM
Maybe because he has a playoff record of 9-2 and has won his last 4 playoff games while playing behind one of the worst O-lines in the league?

I would not want Roethlisberger to marry into my family but there are lots of people who are extraordinarily successful at their day jobs that are otherwise jerks

I cheer for the Steelers - Roethlisberger plays for the Steelers - I cheer for Roethlisberger - Q.E.D.

TRH
01-21-2011, 08:23 AM

I would agree with that. Ryan seems to have some genuine respect for the Steelers and likewise Tomlin respects the Jets.
I doesn't seem like any "fake" ploy to me.

SteelCityMom
01-21-2011, 08:27 AM
Because Ryan knows better than to start shit with the Steelers.

As Colin Cowherd put it, "You just don't trash talk a pitbull..."

zulater
01-21-2011, 08:29 AM
His a*8holery is not limited to this last summer either. Sadly enough. =\

Jeezus, this again? If we knew the truth about everyone we'd probably find a lot of our icons have been flawed at some time in their past.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/columnist/brennan/2003-11-06-brennan_x.htm

Then came the lawsuit. (How could there not be a lawsuit?) And the court documents. And the explicit details about the 1996 training room incident from Naughright's attorney that, if correct, show that Manning's definition of a mooning and your definition of a mooning are two entirely different things.

Naughright's attorney says his client, doing her job, was crouching behind Manning to determine why he was having pain in one of his feet when "entirely unprovoked, Peyton Manning decided to pull down his shorts and sit on Dr. Naughright's head and face." Court documents add graphic body-part details, which we shall omit because you certainly can get the picture.

Tom Brady, he abandoned ship when he found out Bridget Moynahan was carrying his child. Not too long ago he would have been considered a scum bag for such an act.

Brett Favre, looks like he's prety high on himself too, wouldn't you say?

Mark sanchez, did you know he was actually arrested for sexual assualt in college? No charges were filed, but his case had many similarities to Ben's down in Ga.

As far as any of us know all Ben tried to do was have consentual sex with a coed, on his birthday, that she was talked into making a false allegation after the fact makes Ben terrible?

Yeah, yeah yeah I know Ben was a ahole at times on the Pgh bar scene, but it looks as if he's got his act together now. So why can't we leave this shit in the past like we've managed to do with all these other qb's? :banging:

SteelCityMom
01-21-2011, 08:32 AM
Naughright's attorney says his client, doing her job, was crouching behind Manning to determine why he was having pain in one of his feet when "entirely unprovoked, Peyton Manning decided to pull down his shorts and sit on Dr. Naughright's head and face." Court documents add graphic body-part details, which we shall omit because you certainly can get the picture.

:sofunny:

I'm sorry, I know that shit isn't supposed to be funny, but I laughed out loud. I've never heard about that.

zulater
01-21-2011, 08:38 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2010/columns/story?page=hotread19/BenRoethlisberger

Curtain_of_Steel
01-21-2011, 09:16 AM
Nah Ryan isn't that smart. I think someone begged him to back down with the crap talk. Sanchez perhaps... Please daddy Rex, don't make them mad on me...

Sanchez is still walking around asking, who is this Troy fella everyone keeps talking about. I didn;t see him last game.

austinfrench76
01-21-2011, 03:21 PM
Another reason is becasue of the 4 QB's left, he's already won 2 SB'S! Not to mention that he is unbelievably clutch! That's why the attention.

A funny note though: I was watching Inside the NFL on Wednesday and even Chris Collinsworth was saying BB was an a-hole in pre production meetings with those guys and they are former players! Truth be told, I honestly don't care how he is in person if he doesn't break the law and he shows up ready to play on Sundays. im not looking for a role model. i'm looking for my favorite team in the world to have a QB that's an A-hole to opposing defenses on Sundays. That's it and Ben has that!