PDA

View Full Version : Harrison ready for Jets

mesaSteeler
01-21-2011, 01:08 AM
Harrison ready for Jets
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/print_719149.html
By Scott Brown
PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Friday, January 21, 2011

In what may be bode well for the Steelers in the AFC Championship game, outside linebacker James Harrison made it clear Thursday that he is locked in on the New York Jets.

The four-time Pro Bowler did this during a contentious interview with reporters, his first and apparently only Q&A session of the week.

"This is the last interview y'all going to get for the rest of the week," Harrison said at his locker following practice. "Got me one time, so let loose."

The interview almost didn't get that far after Harrison was asked several times about the hits that got him fined a total of $100,000 this season.

"I'm tired of those questions," Harrison said. "I want to think about the Jets."

When a reporter again asked about the issue that put Harrison and his style of play in the NFL's crosshairs, he said, "Alright, I'm done."

Harrison said he would only answer Jets-related questions before resuming the interview. The 6-foot, 242-pounder later said that he had been reluctant to speak to the media at all as the Steelers prepare for their 15th appearance in the AFC title game.

"Talking to y'all is not going to help me win a game," Harrison said. "It's not going to prepare me, it's not going to do anything. It's just going to give you stories, so you run out there and write something."

Among the story lines that Harrison would not address yesterday: the opportunity to win a third Super Bowl title and how the outcome might be different this time, assuming strong safety Troy Polamalu plays Sunday.

Polamalu didn't play in the Steelers' 22-17 loss to the Jets last month because of an Achilles injury.

"It counts on our record whether Troy is in there or not," Harrison said. "They were just better. We've got to pick our game up."

Harrison, who had three sacks against the Ravens last Saturday, said the game may be decided by how successful the Jets are in running the ball against the Steelers.

The 106 rushing yards the Jets had on Dec. 19 were the most yielded by the Steelers in a game this season.

"Just roll the clock back about 30 years or something, that's the kind of game it's going to be," Jets coach Rex Ryan said. "That's who we are, and that's who Pittsburgh is, and that's who Pittsburgh has always been."

Scott Brown can be reached at sbrown@tribweb.com or 412-481-5432.

saveus1011
01-21-2011, 01:10 AM
Harrison, this is why I call you The Terminator. You sound like you're ready to maul someone.

Steelboy84
01-21-2011, 01:12 AM
Silverback!

Merchant
01-21-2011, 01:13 AM
ahahaha...

Harrison >>>

love it!

Fire Arians
01-21-2011, 01:14 AM
harrison is the man, of course he's ready:tt02:

chitownpit
01-21-2011, 01:22 AM
Did anybody catch the interview with Deon Sanders?
Good stuff. Sanders even looked scared. When asked if the talking
from the jeets mattered to him he answered , its fuel for the game.
Every time he`s interviewed it`s got that interview with a murderer
feel to it , got ta love it . Sancheese out cold in the second round.
Its money!

43Hitman
01-21-2011, 01:39 AM
Harrison is strictly business, if this guy isn't a throw back Steeler then there is none. I love his response, "this interview aint gonna help me prepare for this game..." awesome stuff.

SeinfeldNut
01-21-2011, 01:44 AM
Love the focus that he has on this upcoming game, Jets better watch out, he sounds ready to attack Sanchez all day and night!

chitownpit
01-21-2011, 01:46 AM
Harrison is strictly business, if this guy isn't a throw back Steeler then there is none. I love his response, "this interview aint gonna help me prepare for this game..." awesome stuff.

Yep , you saw it to . Great stuff

MasterOfPuppets
01-21-2011, 05:22 AM
When a reporter again asked about the issue that put Harrison and his style of play in the NFL's crosshairs, he said, "Alright, I'm done."

james pulls a soup nazi......"no interview for you !!! " .....:sofunny:

MikeHaullace
01-21-2011, 05:34 AM
Without a doubt, no matter time of year, Harrison will always be prepared for football as long as he has interest in playing football.

Hopefully, he will follow me in saying...

F^$K YOU, ROGER GOODELL.

F^$K YOU very much.

But the NFL doesn't pay me. Wishful thinking.

SteelCityMom
01-21-2011, 06:21 AM
fxrlCLWJqA4

dcbng
01-21-2011, 06:33 AM
Listining to James Harrison talk, listening to not just his words, but to the emotion and his focus, is a good thing if you are a Steelers fan.

No doubt that this intensity and focus will be carried thru the entire locker room.

The Steelers are not looking past the Jets, but are stairing strainght into their souls.

Rex promised a tought game, but as someone said before, the Jets defense is just 'baLtimre light'.

I do expect it to be a good game, Sanchez is already better than Flacco(who is as good as he will ever be), The Jets have a better o-line and run game. But once that run game is shut down, I don't feel that Sanchez can beat the Steelers.

Yeah, the Jets beat Indy and NE, but neither of those teams really have any defense to speak of.
They preassured Manning and he folded like the kiddie table at christmas time.
They preasurred Brady, and he looked surprised, I guess that he is no longer considered an immortal in this league.
When others crack under the preassure, Ben seems to get better. and that, imho, will be the difference in this game.

SacknificentStew56
01-21-2011, 07:17 AM
I would love a repeat hat trick sack performance from Silverback. He's one focused BEAST!!

Atlanta Dan
01-21-2011, 08:10 AM
Network cameramen have learned to get a shot of Harrison's intensity during the games - that image of Harrison looking into the backfield at the QB immediately before the snap with a deadpan expression must be chilling if you are the opposing QB

4xSBChamps
01-21-2011, 08:18 AM
Harrison is strictly business, if this guy isn't a throw back Steeler then there is none.

...it really isn't hard to imagine him sitting at a stall in the locker-room 30+ years ago, keeping an unruly rookie in-line via a few choice words and a glare, with Lambert & Greene just nodding & smiling-away...

:helmet:

the man personifies the intensity the League used as it built itself upon into the colossus it is today, yet is the poster-child for what Ms. Goodell wants to drive from existence

:banging:

nycdan
01-21-2011, 09:32 AM
...it really isn't hard to imagine him sitting at a stall in the locker-room 30+ years ago, keeping an unruly rookie in-line via a few choice words and a glare, with Lambert & Greene just nodding & smiling-away...

:helmet:

the man personifies the intensity the League used as it built itself upon into the colossus it is today, yet is the poster-child for what Ms. Goodell wants to drive from existence

:banging:

Umm...forgive me for asking, but has Jack Lambert ever been seen to smile? I'm not sure the earth wouldn't tilt another degree if that even happened...

fer522
01-21-2011, 11:23 AM
Did anybody catch the interview with Deon Sanders?
Good stuff. Sanders even looked scared.

sh*t i'm scare and i'm nowhere near Harrison :thumbsup:

grward
01-21-2011, 11:45 AM
This man is the meanest, toughest, current-era SOB to play the game. And the main reason is b/c he never hides his true colors ... EVER. Not during interviews, not during the game, and certainly not when it's politically correct. I remember after the last Super Bowl win when he refused to go to the White House. Shows great character IMO. And who would ever want to pick a fight with that man? The thought of him scares the shit out of me! LOL!

43Hitman
01-21-2011, 01:23 PM
james pulls a soup nazi......"no interview for you !!! " .....:sofunny:

:rofl:Nice reference!

caseyviator
01-21-2011, 01:26 PM
SUMTIMES ,ALOT LAST YEAR THE STEELERS DEFENSE GETS INTO WHAT I CALL A FRENZY ITS A SUPER INTENSE KILLIN HE QB,, ALOTA 3 N OUT,,,QB SACKS AND INTS.....WHEN THEY GET INTO THIS frenzy they are just awesume to watch. I EXPECT ALOT OF THIS FRENZY AGAINST THE JETS. I EXPECT SANCHEZ TO BE CHOPPED DOWN AND INTIMIDATED TO THE NTH DEGREE I REALLY DO...JAMES WILL BE LEADIN THE WAY IN THE FRENZY!!

STEELRS IN WHAT I like to call a technical blowout
37-23 which is A BLOWOUT in this type of GAME!!!!

43Hitman
01-21-2011, 01:33 PM
SUMTIMES ,ALOT LAST YEAR THE STEELERS DEFENSE GETS INTO WHAT I CALL A FRENZY ITS A SUPER INTENSE KILLIN HE QB,, ALOTA 3 N OUT,,,QB SACKS AND INTS.....WHEN THEY GET INTO THIS frenzy they are just awesume to watch. I EXPECT ALOT OF THIS FRENZY AGAINST THE JETS. I EXPECT SANCHEZ TO BE CHOPPED DOWN AND INTIMIDATED TO THE NTH DEGREE I REALLY DO...JAMES WILL BE LEADIN THE WAY IN THE FRENZY!!

lol I really appreciate your enthusiasm, but could you ease off of the caps lock please? It makes it difficult to read your posts. :thumbsup: :tt:

SteelCityMom
01-21-2011, 01:34 PM

Turn your caps lock off or you will be temporarily banned until you can figure out how to do so. It's annoying and hard to read your posts (and against basic COC rules). You've been asked several time to do so, I'm not asking anymore.

austinfrench76
01-21-2011, 03:08 PM
This guy is the anti-Jet!!!!!! Gotta love him! Go Steelers!

Titan24
01-21-2011, 03:19 PM
Harrison has a great motor and is intense but I don't think brick ferguson is shaking in his boots. Remember he's a pro bowl, athletic tackle who has handled freeney and peppers giving them nothing.