PDA

View Full Version : Warren Sapp's opinion of Hines Ward

Jetsfan115
01-21-2011, 09:32 AM
"at this point you can cover him with a Linebacker" :rofl::rofl:

casteeler
01-21-2011, 09:35 AM
And yet he still gets open and catches TD passes from Ben.

SteelCityMom
01-21-2011, 09:38 AM
:yawn:

Fire Arians
01-21-2011, 09:38 AM
only if it's lawrence timmons

sarahpalinhater
01-21-2011, 09:39 AM
The moment that Sapp...a.k.a..." Buckwheat " ever grows a BRAIN,,,then we can talk. Until then...( Yawn )

sharkweek
01-21-2011, 09:42 AM
considering how tough he is, Hines Ward could be a Linebacker

SeinfeldNut
01-21-2011, 09:42 AM
Just another talking head who does not know what he is talking baout, I guess he wiped away that critical TD Ward caught last week...

Atlanta Dan
01-21-2011, 09:44 AM
Consider the source -

Jetsfan115
01-21-2011, 09:54 AM
And yet he still gets open and catches TD passes from Ben.

Hey if you don't like it you can go argue with sapp lol :rofl:

sarahpalinhater
01-21-2011, 10:01 AM

Yeah, I'm sure your two LB's can cover Ward huh ? I mean the slowest, and most Illiterate LB's in the game.

David " I can be beat by a 90 year old woman with a walker " Harris!

And

Bart " Easy Spell " Scott

Now THAT is Hillarious son :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

SmashmouthFootball
01-21-2011, 10:01 AM
Maybe if you want him to break another linebackers jaw, then sure, give it a try.

4xSBChamps
01-21-2011, 10:10 AM

... hope the Jets try...

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/football/HinesWardscoresTDinSB40.jpg

steelerchad
01-21-2011, 10:14 AM

Yeah. If you watched NFL network last night Sapp also said out of the 4 remaining QB's
Ben
Arod
Cutler
Sanchez

He would take Sanchez. Sapp's credibility just went out the window with that statement.

steelerchad
01-21-2011, 10:16 AM
Yeah, I'm sure your two LB's can cover Ward huh ? I mean the slowest, and most Illiterate LB's in the game.

David " I can be beat by a 90 year old woman with a walker " Harris!

And

Bart " Easy Spell " Scott

Now THAT is Hillarious son :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I thought his nickname was David "caught from behind by a fat, 36 year old TE" Harris.

mcg24
01-21-2011, 10:45 AM

Or we can make fun of the idiot who values the guy's opinion.

cloppbeast
01-21-2011, 10:59 AM
Why did the Jets have the best corner in the league cover last time these two teams played?

Seems like the Jets respect him a bit more than Sapp does. I respect the Jets' opinion.

Plus Sapp can hardly speak english. Listening to him talk makes me want to stick a fork in my ear - to avoid pain, though, I usually just change the channel.

Jetsfan115
01-21-2011, 11:02 AM
Or we can make fun of the idiot who values the guy's opinion.

Who said i valued it. i thought it was funny. ward isn't outrunning anyone.
The more I think of it i'd leave cro 1 on 1 with Ward and have revis jam wallce (alot of people don't realize how strong revis is) and give him some safety help. I bet wallace gets frustrated if he gets pushed around all game

mcg24
01-21-2011, 11:04 AM
The more I think of it i'd leave cro 1 on 1 with Ward and have revis jam wallce (alot of people don't realize how strong revis is) and give him some safety help. I bet wallace gets frustrated if he gets pushed around all game

You obviously valued it if you posted a thread simply due to it.

And no, everyone here realized how strong Revis is. I realize he is the best cornerback to ever play the game of football, and every single pass Roethlisberger throws will be picked off and promptly returned for a score. Trust me I know he can cover every single WR we have at once.

Jetsfan115
01-21-2011, 11:04 AM
Why did the Jets have the best corner in the league cover last time these two teams played?

Seems like the Jets respect him a bit more than Sapp does. I respect the Jets' opinion.

Plus Sapp can hardly speak english. Listening to him talk makes me want to stick a fork in my ear - to avoid pain, though, I usually just change the channel.

cause wallace is one of the fastest WRs in the game and cro is one of the fastest DBs in the game. also ward is physical and cro isn't. revis will get dirty and physical, cro will back off a physical guy alot of the times.

cubanstogie
01-21-2011, 12:29 PM

you are quoting Warren Sapp. Too funny, I can't even watch that guy speak, I really don't think that his brain filters what comes out of his mouth. I am not even talking about the Hines comment. Hines probably won't have 7 receptions for over 100 yards, more like 4 for 60 yards with a couple of 3rd down conversions and 1 TD. He also will have some big blocks and sets a huge example to the young receivers. We don't have to worry about Hines showing up for the game drunk or stoned, I bet you wish you could say that.

cubanstogie
01-21-2011, 12:34 PM

I can't watch pregame crap at all thanks to Irvin, Sapp, Berman and Tom Jackson. I miss Jimmy the Greek, Irv Cross and especially the hot Phyliss George. Those were the days. These guys on NFL network are illiterate and obnoxious.

Pentheon
01-21-2011, 12:38 PM
I never did like warren sapp...he was always an asshole. He was an asshole when he was on mtvs punked too.

43Hitman
01-21-2011, 01:03 PM
David Harris got ran down by a 3000 pound TE. Lmao you guys are so screwed over the middle. I can't wait to see the look on Bart Scott's face when we send his loudmouth ass home again in the playoffs.

JiF
01-21-2011, 01:11 PM
Hines Ward is the most physical WR to ever play game.

I expect him to catch at least 7 ball, for 130 yards and 2 TD's.

43Hitman
01-21-2011, 01:16 PM
Hines Ward is the most physical WR to ever play game.

I expect him to catch at least 7 ball, for 130 yards and 2 TD's.

Nah he won't get that many catches. As an earlier poster said, he'll be around 3 or 4 catches for 40-60 yards and TD. He'll be huge in the run game and our WR screens though. The Jets LB's and DB's better have their head on a swivel cause Ward will knock their block off.

SteelCityMom
01-21-2011, 01:30 PM

It's common knowledge that Ward isn't outrunning anyone, yet somehow...he's still making receptions and getting TDs when necessary. :noidea:

I hope Rex goes with your gameplan as well. That would be sweet.

CargoJon
01-21-2011, 01:36 PM
Don't worry, Hines has been making Bart Scott look foolish for years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbLNFiQSTyE&playnext=1&list=PL1ECC469A656BD82B&index=39

43Hitman
01-21-2011, 01:50 PM
Don't worry, Hines has been making Bart Scott look foolish for years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbLNFiQSTyE&playnext=1&list=PL1ECC469A656BD82B&index=39

:tt03::tt03::tt03:

steelerjim58
01-21-2011, 01:54 PM
Actually it was Faulk who said that.

StainlessStill
01-21-2011, 01:57 PM
Didn't Hines Ward catch a MONUMENTAL Steelers touchdown in the redzone last week on a huge 3rd and 6 to tie the game up at 21, going RIGHT into the teeth of the defense? Please, Hines opens it up more than anyone, esp on a slop track like Heinz's surface.

I hope Hines sees this, noone better at stepping up to his critics than Ward.

austinfrench76
01-21-2011, 02:54 PM
I have already said this but: the NFL network commentator's, as a whole, are THE WORST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Faulk, Sapp, Irvin, Theismann, Mora, Billick (most of the time and Baldinger??!! Rod, Mayock and Eisen are good but, man is it hard to watch sometimes! You would think that such a well run organization would make more of an effort on their flagship station!?

Sapp is a schmuck, Go Steelers!

Jetsfan115
01-21-2011, 02:55 PM
I have already said this but: the NFL network commentator's, as a whole, are THE WORST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Faulk, Sapp, Irvin, Theismann, Mora, Billick (most of the time and Baldinger??!! Rod, Mayock and Eisen are good but, man is it hard to watch sometimes! You would think that such a well run organization would make more of an effort on their flagship station!?

Sapp is a schmuck, Go Steelers!

you forgot primetime. how can you not love primetime?

Jetsfan115
01-21-2011, 02:57 PM
It's common knowledge that Ward isn't outrunning anyone, yet somehow...he's still making receptions and getting TDs when necessary. :noidea:

I hope Rex goes with your gameplan as well. That would be sweet.

He's a vet and a good route runner still. plus he's very physical. he won't let any old CB jam him easily

chacha
01-21-2011, 03:06 PM
http://img.perezhilton.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/wenn2400510sapp__oPt.jpg

grward
01-21-2011, 03:10 PM

So? What will that do? Leave Sanders and Brown to burn the other DBs while Miller will be an option in the middle of the field. Sounds like a good plan to me. :popcorn:

Although, my guess is if they put Revis on Ward during round one, they may just stick with that plan for round two. Doesn't really matter tho. We have too many threats on offense. The Jets season will end in da'Burgh. :wave:

Steelboy84
01-21-2011, 03:14 PM
I believe that was Marshall Faulk.

Jetsfan115
01-21-2011, 03:22 PM
So? What will that do? Leave Sanders and Brown to burn the other DBs while Miller will be an option in the middle of the field. Sounds like a good plan to me. :popcorn:

Although, my guess is if they put Revis on Ward during round one, they may just stick with that plan for round two. Doesn't really matter tho. We have too many threats on offense. The Jets season will end in da'Burgh. :wave:

the other DBs will do fine against brown and sanders. and how often do you guys use 4WR sets? Also Miller is good but he isn't great. NE has better TEs in hernandez and gronkowski and we shut them down last week.

Steelboy84
01-21-2011, 03:24 PM
Faulk was going on and on about how the Steelers wouldn't run the ball and the Jets would make them one dimensional, and how Ward could be covered by a LB because he has strength, suggesting he can't run anymore.

Then Deion shut him up when he said "Hines moves chains".

stb_steeler
01-21-2011, 03:26 PM

Prime time sunday nights is especialy annoying. They all act like a bunch of 5th graders the way they giggle all over each other. If Rich Eisen thinks he is funny, then hes the last comic standing then.

SH-Rock
01-21-2011, 03:39 PM
I agree with Sapp, Ward is good but he's gotten slower. It also depends what of LB. Some one like Timmons or Ray Lewis has a chance, but the others have to watch out.

MattsMe
01-21-2011, 03:40 PM

"Not even Rex would be into that foot." :sofunny:

duKW7Q7ps9g&feature=related

sarahpalinhater
01-21-2011, 03:41 PM
I agree with Sapp, Ward is good but he's gotten slower. It also depends what of LB. Some one like Timmons or Ray Lewis has a chance, but the others have to watch out.

Slow huh ?...I guess that's why the Jets are gonna again be placing their ALL World DB Revis on him ! :toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

SH-Rock
01-21-2011, 03:43 PM
Slow huh ?...I guess that's why the Jets are gonna again be placing their ALL World DB Revis on him ! :toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

Just because you're slow doesn't mean you suck. He breaks off from the DB quickly and efficiently.

bigchuck
01-21-2011, 03:47 PM
hines has never exactly been a burner, hes a very good possesion WR who is huge on 3rd downs and has a great set of hands.

cloppbeast
01-21-2011, 03:49 PM

Primetime is my favorite. I like Woodson too. It's kind of cool having them both on the same show being that they were rivals for the title of greatest CB of their time.

Everybody else I can't stand - perhaps most of all Joe Theisman. His comments about Ricky Williams were dispicable. Something about he's a disgrace as a human being. That's taking it a bit far. Plus he was being a huge douche bag as an announcer during the Carolina game in week 16.

To his credit, Theisman can at least speak english - which is saying more than most of the announcers on the NFL Network.

steelers33
01-21-2011, 04:02 PM
Actually I am pretty sure Marshall Faulk said that, considering I just watched their no huddle show. Faulk was obviously biased towards the Steelers, dissin Ben and pickin the Jets to win.