PDA

View Full Version : Big Ben Wieghs in on Jets D

Jetsfan115
01-21-2011, 09:12 AM
Ben Roethlisberger hoping for best against 'amazing' Jets defense
Published: Thursday, January 20, 2011, 12:35 PM

quarterback Ben Roethlisberger called the Jets defense "amazing" in a conference call with reporters today.

On a national conference call this morning, Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger was asked about what he'd seen in the Jets defense over the last two playoff games.

The two, wins over Tom Brady and Peyton Manning with a stout defensive gameplan, have raised the persona of the Jets defense heading into the AFC Championship game.

Roethlisberger was admittedly floored, and couldn't pin down just one specific thing he was worried about.

"Everything. Literally everything," he said. "From their coverages to their blitzes to their rushing two guys and getting sacks, it's truly amazing. Like I said, they can go into Indianapolis and go to New England and beat Tom Brady, who are the two best quarterbacks in the game.

"I don't know how I have a chance, I'm just going to try and get lucky and play the best I can."

Roethlisberger was also asked about his personal struggles heading into this season and how it's changed him on and off the field. He served a four-game suspension after violating the league's personal conduct policy, accused of sexual assault.

"The great thing is, it was so long ago I forgot about it," he said. "Right now it's not about living in the past for me, it's the here and now and this game, we can't really afford to look back and focus on the past we have to do what we have to do now, and that's try and win the game against this team."

When prompted later, he said he was just "trying to be the person my parents raised me to be."

Rick5895
01-21-2011, 09:22 AM
What did you expect him to say about the Jets?

steelers33
01-21-2011, 09:26 AM
Good, the Steelers defense is better.

mcg24
01-21-2011, 09:47 AM
Good, the Steelers defense is better.

He's just looking for ways to try to convince himself that the Jets defense is in the same class as the Steelers.

MikeHaullace
01-21-2011, 11:52 AM
"Roethlisberger was admittedly floored, and couldn't pin down just one specific thing he was worried about."

Typical media hyperbole.

"Everything. Literally everything," he said. "From their coverages to their blitzes to their rushing two guys and getting sacks, it's truly amazing. Like I said, they can go into Indianapolis and go to New England and beat Tom Brady, who are the two best quarterbacks in the game.

"I don't know how I have a chance, I'm just going to try and get lucky and play the best I can."

Typical Roethlisberger modesty.

Nothing to see here, folks.

SteelCityMom
01-21-2011, 12:16 PM
You need to post links with your stories (for copyright purposes).

Link or it didn't happen.

StainlessStill
01-21-2011, 12:40 PM
Again, this is our whole memo in what we do. Mike Tomlin made the Browns out to be the team to beat in the AFC when we twice played them, and expected an epic battle against the Raiders like it was the 1970's all over again.

Ben is remaining humbled, he knows what he's doing.

KingsOfTheGridiron
01-21-2011, 02:07 PM
Kill them with kindness? :noidea:

Jetsfan115
01-21-2011, 02:15 PM
You need to post links with your stories (for copyright purposes).

Link or it didn't happen.

I'll make sure i do that from now on