PDA

View Full Version : Revis is gonna be on Ward!!

sarahpalinhater
01-21-2011, 01:53 PM
So, Mr. All-American Darrelle Revis will be covering Hines Ward after all...again!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/21/darrelle-revis-preparing-for-man-coverage-on-hines-ward/

Revis you P U S S Y!! :toofunny:

SeinfeldNut
01-21-2011, 01:56 PM
So, Mr. All-American Darrelle Revis will be covering Hines Ward after all...again!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/21/darrelle-revis-preparing-for-man-coverage-on-hines-ward/

Alright, Roethlisberger will just have to settle on throwing the ball to Brown, Sanders & Wallace I guess...:chuckle:

Deserei90
01-21-2011, 02:01 PM
I'm pretty sure Ward wouldn't mind doing to Revis, what he did to Reed!!:thumbsup:

Jetsfan115
01-21-2011, 02:04 PM
i don't know how to take much from this article since it says

As Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News has pointed out, that means the Jets will continue to do what they did in their regular-season meeting with the Steelers, when Cromartie was burned by Wallace to the tune of 110 yards, but Revis generally held Ward in check.

when in fact cro only let up 32 yards to him but w/e I love how "writers" are so informed. i mean its their job to know these things

KingsOfTheGridiron
01-21-2011, 02:04 PM
Uh oh... Not good for the Jets.

FanSince72
01-21-2011, 02:10 PM

I just hope that Revis remembers his chin strap.

Because it would really suck to have to stop the game and waste time looking for his jaw.

mesaSteeler
01-21-2011, 02:11 PM
profootballtalk, huh. Problem is I don't believe anything that Steeler hating, toilet sniffing, tool Florio posts on his site. I don't buy this for a minute.

Also as per the rules please keep you thread title the same as the article title.

It's to prevent duplication of articles which upsets the admins.

WickedSteel
01-21-2011, 02:16 PM
Cromartie is faster and taller than Revis so that makes sense that he would cover Wallace. We have no height in our receiving corps , just speed. Where Revis and Cromartie will dominate is in the red zone. Since we have no height and we we can't use our speed so much in the end zone, they should do a god job of lock down.

TRH
01-21-2011, 02:17 PM
I have a feeling they might be moving Cromartie and Revis back and forth a bit to cause some confusion....i agree with some of the analysts. We'll see

Jetsfan115
01-21-2011, 02:21 PM
I just hope that he remembers his chin strap.

Because it would really suck to have to stop the game and waste time looking for his jaw.

get ready to get hit over the middle by this guy

ytD4gnWqrVU

j9RfJwSkMU8

He didn't play the 1st game. matter of fact we only had 1 healthy safety last time we played. Dig injured himself in the game (our 4th safety) smith (the one above) was out with a concussion and Leonhard (our best one but is on IR) got inured in practice before the pats game a week earlier. Now were back to 3 healthy safeties and we signed a 4th one to replace leonhard. thats a huge difference in giving cro help over the top with wallace and in run support. Last game we had to play a CB at safety due to the injuries so we had our 5th and 6 CBs playing #1 and #2 safety

sarahpalinhater
01-21-2011, 02:21 PM
profootballtalk, huh. Problem is I don't believe anything that Steeler hating, toilet sniffing, tool Florio posts on his site. I don't buy this for a minute.

Also as per the rules please keep you thread title the same as the article title.

It's to prevent duplication of articles which upsets the admins.

Mesa, are you just Mad I broke this story before you did :noidea: :toofunny:
And it was NOT PFT story. It was Jason La Confora of the NFL Network. Who is one of the most informed, and respected writers around. So I believe it. Plus, you knew there was no way that slow-A$$ Revis was gonna challange Wallace one on one. He would get embarrassed!!

MattsMe
01-21-2011, 02:22 PM
Since when is this news? Revis was on Ward the last game, and it's been mentioned in multiple articles all week that he's expected to be on him again.

I'm sure we'll see more of a mix this time though. I think they'll pay a little more attention to Sanders and Brown.

Jetsfan115
01-21-2011, 02:33 PM
And it was NOT PFT story. It was Jason La Confora of the NFL Network. Who is one of the most informed, and respected writers around. So I believe it. Plus, you knew there was no way that slow-A$$ Revis was gonna challange Wallace one on one. He would get embarrassed!!

This guy said that La-Cnfora reported that. I haven't seen an actual report. also slow ass? revis ran in the 4.3s, how is he slow?

Since when is this news? Revis was on Ward the last game, and it's been mentioned in multiple articles all week that he's expected to be on him again.

I'm sure we'll see more of a mix this time though. I think they'll pay a little more attention to Sanders and Brown.

My thinking would be the jets feel that ward is too physical for cro or that he is more polished of a receiver then wallace and wallace relies too much on his speed to get open and with safety help and cro's speed and size it would make the windows for ben really small.

sarahpalinhater
01-21-2011, 02:37 PM
This guy said that La-Cnfora reported that. I haven't seen an actual report. also slow ass? revis ran in the 4.3s, how is he slow?

My thinking would be the jets feel that ward is too physical for cro or that he is more polished of a receiver then wallace and wallace relies too much on his speed to get open and with safety help and cro's speed and size it would make the windows for ben really small.

Well your logis is clueless cause Wallace beat you guys like a Red-Headed step child last game. And Revis is NOT as physical as Cro, not that he is either. And
LOL @ U for saying Refis runs in the 4.3's :toofunny: Where are you getting that ? Cause his official Combine time was 4.46. And a 35 year old Moss went by him like he was standing still...Oh wait, I forgot,,,,Revis was hurt huh :rofl::rofl::rofl:

43Hitman
01-21-2011, 02:38 PM

So two guys on offense are going to take away three guys on defense.....I'll take that all day.

Steelboy84
01-21-2011, 02:39 PM
NFL N says Cromartie on Wallace, should be a great matchup (for us).

bigchuck
01-21-2011, 02:40 PM
mr sarah palin hater, are you really trying to say that revis is slow??? cuase thats just plain stupid. revis is a hell of a player and i wish we had him. its really the only match up that makes sense for the jets. cro cant come close to ward physically and he can run with wallace. the jets are no slouches on D and bens gonna have his work cut out for him.

sarahpalinhater
01-21-2011, 02:48 PM
mr sarah palin hater, are you really trying to say that revis is slow??? cuase thats just plain stupid. revis is a hell of a player and i wish we had him. its really the only match up that makes sense for the jets. cro cant come close to ward physically and he can run with wallace. the jets are no slouches on D and bens gonna have his work cut out for him.

Hey BigChick....look, listen, and LEARN! Cromartie can stay with Wallace ? :toofunny:

Read son, read.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2006/draft/players/47832.html

Titan24
01-21-2011, 02:49 PM
Honestly.this reporter knows where revis will be lol cmon now, steelers dint have a Reggie Wayne or Andre Johnson, he will probably be all over give Ben something extra to look at.

bigchuck
01-21-2011, 02:51 PM
u just linked an article half a decade old....

mesaSteeler
01-21-2011, 03:00 PM

Consider the difference between my post count and thread count and yours. I am not angry I don't care who "breaks" what. I've been doing this for years. However I do care how well this site runs well given how much time, effort, and money I put into it.

The being said since you seem to be to be dense to understand. I will try again.

KEEP the THREAD TITLE the SAME as the ARTICLE TITLE!

Follow the RULES in posting!

I'm only using caps because you don't seem to be able to understand anything else.

See this tread where Tony reminded everyone to do exactly that.
http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=22939

just a reminder to everyone-

when posting a news article please don't try to get cute with the subject title in your thread. others. please just use the article title in the subject line.

for instance, if you are posting an article Shaun Suisham injured in practice dont title it-

Guess who is injured in practice? or

Can we afford to lose this guy?

this consideration should cut down on clutter and duplicate threads.

thanks.

Tony HipChest.

However just to make sure you follow the posting rules I'll drop Tony a PM and suggest the he remind of the rules. I assume you want to follow the rules, that is unless you want to end up being a banned troll.

cloppbeast
01-21-2011, 03:00 PM
No surprise. That's what they did the first game, and it kinda worked.

This strategy does make sense. Whoever is covering Wallace won't be able to do it by himself and will need safety help over the top. Being that is the case, why waste your shutdown corner on him?

Sometime's it's not as simple as, "put your best corner on their best receiver". Matchups dictate. This makes sense for the Jets. Revis is more of a bump and run physical corner, but doesn't have the wheels to keep up with Wallace. Cromartie is a bit faster, but isn't as a agile and doesn't have the tough phisical nature of Revis - he would get owned by Ward. Then again, he got owned by Wallace anyway.

sarahpalinhater
01-21-2011, 03:01 PM
u just linked an article half a decade old....

And what,,,you think he's faster with age ? :toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

Dude admit it, you're wrong. Cromartie's game was never about speed and quickness. Oh but I am sure you know more then NFL Scouts and coaches. The first game Wallace, who people said could not run routes underneith,,,totally killed Cromartie the first game cause Cro was 15 yards off of the line,,,cause HE KNEW he can't run with Wallace. Neither can Revis. Hell Cromartie couldn't stay with Sanders who ran a 4.40 forty,,,or did you miss the first game :noidea:

bigchuck
01-21-2011, 03:05 PM
cro isnt quick hes 6'2 but he is the faster of the 2 corners and im sure any jets fans wil tell you that. hes also a lot less physical. im sure the consensus on this board will agree with me

sarahpalinhater
01-21-2011, 03:09 PM
cro isnt quick hes 6'2 but he is the faster of the 2 corners and im sure any jets fans wil tell you that. hes also a lot less physical. im sure the consensus on this board will agree with me

Wallace is 6ft, 1 And besides, height doesn't mean a thing when you are getting passed like the wind :tt04: And Cro is NOT faster then Revis. You see, a 4.45 IS fcaster then a Mid 4.5, which is what Cro-Fro runs :doh:

bigchuck
01-21-2011, 03:12 PM
ok i see you like comparing 5 year old 40 yard dash times rather then game speed. so theres no arguing with you.

Pac
01-21-2011, 03:32 PM
I'd rather Revis completely shut down Wallace but there must be a method to their madness. Perhaps they want to eliminate Ward on 3rd downs. Makes sense.

Jetsfan115
01-21-2011, 04:03 PM
Well your logis is clueless cause Wallace beat you guys like a Red-Headed step child last game. And Revis is NOT as physical as Cro, not that he is either. And
LOL @ U for saying Refis runs in the 4.3's :toofunny: Where are you getting that ? Cause his official Combine time was 4.46. And a 35 year old Moss went by him like he was standing still...Oh wait, I forgot,,,,Revis was hurt huh :rofl::rofl::rofl:

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=33896&draftyear=2007&genpos=CB

Low 4.35, mid 4.38, high 4.45
you know they run it more then once right?

Also you do realize how much you lied since HE DIDN'T EVEN WORK OUT AT THE COMBINE! He only worked out at his pro day where he ran a 4.38. check the link. So you gonna man up and admit your wrong or ignore it or make a stupid response. Cause if you man up at least i'll respect you

sarahpalinhater
01-21-2011, 04:07 PM
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=33896&draftyear=2007&genpos=CB

Low 4.35, mid 4.38, high 4.45
you know they run it more then once right?

Also you do realize how much you lied since HE DIDN'T EVEN WORK OUT AT THE COMBINE! He only worked out at his pro day where he ran a 4.38. check the link. So you gonna man up and admit your wrong or ignore it or make a stupid response. Cause if you man up at least i'll respect you

And you do realize that that site is not an official results of anything....just speculation. The REALITY is that Revis " Punked-Out " at running at the combine. And his ONE and ONLY 40 was on campus at Pittsburgh INSIDE on a Rubber track!!
He ran a 4.39..which translates to a 4.45 to 4.47 on a field.

So try LEARNING something before you spew.

bigchuck
01-21-2011, 04:10 PM
its tough to argue with sarah palin

SoCalFan
01-21-2011, 04:11 PM
Cromartie better work extra hard.He has 9 kids with 8 different women in 7 different states to feed...That is a true stoty!!!What a low life tool....

pete74
01-21-2011, 04:15 PM
Revis is the best corner in the NFL, hands down. Whoever he covers will not be much of a factor in this game. I hope we target them a few times but I'm sure it won't be many

nycdan
01-21-2011, 04:15 PM
Cromartie better work extra hard.He has 9 kids with 8 different women in 7 different states to feed...That is a true stoty!!!What a low life tool....

At least they all presumably said 'yes'.

Honestly is it really necessary to mudsling about old dirt that everybody's already heard about and moved on from because no team in the NFL can claim a clean slate when it comes to that.

Jetsfan115
01-21-2011, 04:33 PM
And you do realize that that site is not an official results of anything....just speculation. The REALITY is that Revis " Punked-Out " at running at the combine. And his ONE and ONLY 40 was on campus at Pittsburgh INSIDE on a Rubber track!!

lol keep dreaming. we'll see what happens. wallace is a dam good receiver, I'm not taking anything away from him. but he isn't on a level of calvin johnson, andre johnson etc and revis has shut them down.

Jetsfan115
01-21-2011, 04:33 PM
Revis is the best corner in the NFL, hands down. Whoever he covers will not be much of a factor in this game. I hope we target them a few times but I'm sure it won't be many

I hope ben tries to throw at revis all game honestly. but also if you watch game film rarely do QBs even look his way. they know its a waste of time

finesward
01-21-2011, 04:34 PM

ytD4gnWqrVU

j9RfJwSkMU8

He didn't play the 1st game. matter of fact we only had 1 healthy safety last time we played. Dig injured himself in the game (our 4th safety) smith (the one above) was out with a concussion and Leonhard (our best one but is on IR) got inured in practice before the pats game a week earlier. Now were back to 3 healthy safeties and we signed a 4th one to replace leonhard. thats a huge difference in giving cro help over the top with wallace and in run support. Last game we had to play a CB at safety due to the injuries so we had our 5th and 6 CBs playing #1 and #2 safety

Nice... Lets just remember who is roaming the middle of field on our side...

X8BEdeAwnxk
uNmEeTgYLvw
nyNy-TkDGB0

KingsOfTheGridiron
01-21-2011, 04:36 PM
lol keep dreaming. we'll see what happens. wallace is a dam good receiver, I'm not taking anything away from him. but he isn't on a level of calvin johnson, andre johnson etc and revis has shut them down.

Not yet....

Jetsfan115
01-21-2011, 04:42 PM
Nice... Lets just remember who is roaming the middle of field on our side...

X8BEdeAwnxk
uNmEeTgYLvw
nyNy-TkDGB0

I know both your safeties are studs. especially troy. Just saying smith hits hard and he's smart. he's not very athletic but he's good enough to cover TEs

Not yet....

fair enough. he has the potential for sure

43Hitman
01-21-2011, 04:42 PM

Revis is not going to be covering Wallace in this game so I don't know what you're trying to say.

Last game Wallace had 7 catches for 102 yards and our Rook had 7 catches for 80 yards. So we'll give you Revis on Ward all day long.

SteelKnight
01-21-2011, 04:45 PM
Alright, Roethlisberger will just have to settle on throwing the ball to Brown, Sanders & Wallace I guess...:chuckle:

I know. Who's going to cover Sanders? Plus Cromartie holds like crazy. I wish Tomlin would alert the refs so they can keep an eye out for this.

cloppbeast
01-21-2011, 06:02 PM

Sure Calvin and Andre are better overall, but they're different kind of good.

Neither of those two are nearly as fast as Wallace. Mike has the kind of speed that requires over the top coverage. Not even Revis can keep up with him.

Revis can shut down Calvin and Andre with his physicality, but neither of them run 4.3.

TurkJetFan
01-21-2011, 06:04 PM

and you are sure of this because of an article on profootballtalk? really?

idiot...

nycdan
01-21-2011, 06:07 PM
Sure Calvin and Andre are better overall, but they're different kind of good.

Neither of those two are nearly as fast as Wallace. Mike has the kind of speed that requires over the top coverage. Not even Revis can keep up with him.

Revis can shut down Calvin and Andre with his physicality, but neither of them run 4.3.

I guess you didn't actually look up Calvin Johnson's 40-time at the combine before you wrote this? 4.35 vs. 4.33 seems like an awfully thin margin to me.

Jetsfan115
01-21-2011, 06:10 PM
I guess you didn't actually look up Calvin Johnson's 40-time at the combine before you wrote this? 4.35 vs. 4.33 seems like an awfully thin margin to me.

you beat me to it. 40 times are a good measuring stick. but its alot different on a game. tough to run a 4.3 in pads, on a field where footing is a factor, while getting jammed by a CB, and having a person running right next to you, while anticipating a pass coming your way.

mcg24
01-22-2011, 12:49 AM
Rest easy Jets fans, Chris Berman picked you guys to win. Well, he also picked the Browns to beat the Steelers in week 17...but.....he still picked you to win right?!?! Yay!!!

Corey_J
01-22-2011, 01:15 AM
No way can either of them keep up with Wallace. It was proved the last time that they need to hold or PI with him to even have a chance...........

tony hipchest
01-22-2011, 01:31 AM

:rofl:

WOW!

so your best player (on a team that hasnt sniffed a superbowl in 42 years) has shut down the best player (top 3 draft picks) on 2 teams that cant even sniff the playoffs?!?!?!?

BFD!

you want a damn cookie for that or something? :cookie:

sure rex rayn may say that revis is the best player he has ever seen, but you guys need to learn to watch some football and understand the game instead of eating every spoonful that tub of lard feeds you.

does coach ryan burp you, wipe your ass, and play "this little piggie" with your toes as well?

you guys are so duped.

you're "all in".

thats gonna make your crash back down to earth that much more miserable and i will love every second of it.

you guys are destined for nothing but to feel the pain that the raven and patriot fans felt last week.

theres a HUGE difference between teams that think they are the best and those who have proven it.

pete74
01-22-2011, 02:14 AM
I know. Who's going to cover Sanders? Plus Cromartie holds like crazy. I wish Tomlin would alert the refs so they can keep an eye out for this.

Cromartie is fast and his speed is very comparable to Wallace's in a straight line race but on the field he cant keep up and thats why he held so much the last time we played. look for wallace and one of our rookies to have a monster game

MikeHaullace
01-22-2011, 02:27 AM
No way can either of them keep up with Wallace. It was proved the last time that they need to hold or PI with him to even have a chance...........

I am at halftime watching the game in it's entirety, replaying, etc. and so forth.

Both Revis and Cro and holding every other pass play. They're good at getting away with it. As long as they stay ninja with cheating, they may have a chance against the speedy Steelers receivers just yet.

zsheik22
01-22-2011, 04:40 AM

ytD4gnWqrVU

j9RfJwSkMU8

You call those hits? Are people supposed to be intimidated by those? Guy, you're on a Steelers board. Ask Wes welker how Ryan Clark hits.

43Hitman
01-22-2011, 08:48 AM
Personally I think its really nice of the City of New York to fly 53 jets in to give us a ride to Dallas.

mesaSteeler
01-22-2011, 09:16 AM
Personally I think its really nice of the City of New York to fly 53 jets in to give us a ride to Dallas.

:wink02::wink02::wink02:

jfaulkNY
01-22-2011, 11:10 AM

did you say cromartie is more physical than revis? you dont know anything then dude seriously. that is the wildest thing i ever heard. revis, and cromartie are polar opposites in the physical department. cromartie is a pus compared to revis.

if revis isnt on wallace 80% of the game the jets are making a huge mistake. if player a was faster than player b this game would consist of everybody having the faster player. it doesnt matter what your 40 time is. if it did why would anybody have slowerplayers? oh yeah because it means jack. revis is probably the most physical corner in the game, and the reason why he is a great corner is because of what he does at the line of scrimmage.

btw im hearing TY Law saying Revis will be on Wallace. I trust him over Manish Mehta.

im not trying to bash you(i come in peace to this pitt board as a jets fan) but that is absurd. you going to use something revis did at a NFL Combine 3 years ago compared to what he did on the field last week? makes no sense man

BTW: Whoever Cro is covering I would have that WR run comeback routes. Cromartie gets destroyed on the comeback every damn time.

warddj86
01-22-2011, 11:15 AM

+1 :thumbsup:

bigchuck
01-22-2011, 11:17 AM
dont mind sarah palin, i dont get all the hating on revis on this board. hes a pittsburgh native and a hell of a football player, definatly the best DB in the league. any of us steeler fans would love to have him on our team, minus the holdouts of course. the steelers WRs are very difficult to match up with , you have a tough physical wr with hines and the fastest WR in the league with wallace. any way you look at it, its a tough match up for the jets secondary.

jfaulkNY
01-22-2011, 11:19 AM
dont mind sarah palin, i dont get all the hating on revis on this board. hes a pittsburgh native and a hell of a football player, definatly the best DB in the league. any of us steeler fans would love to have him on our team, minus the holdouts of course. the steelers WRs are very difficult to match up with , you have a tough physical wr with hines and the fastest WR in the league with wallace. any way you look at it, its a tough match up for the jets secondary.

i agree 100%. cromartie is going to have to play at 50% of revis for the jets to win this game on defense. i really cant see cromartie though holdin his own this game. ben can extend a play for 10 seconds, and thats when cromartie is nowhere near his WR.

Ryanh208
01-22-2011, 11:32 AM
This time don't hold our receivers Revis and co.
I think if Cromartie doesn't hold Wallace this time it's a whole different game.

Corey_J
01-22-2011, 03:20 PM

ytD4gnWqrVU

j9RfJwSkMU8

SAdPmvltWU0

Jetsfan115
01-22-2011, 06:04 PM
This time don't hold our receivers Revis and co.
I think if Cromartie doesn't hold Wallace this time it's a whole different game.

you guys held holmes and BE all day are you kidding me?

mcg24
01-22-2011, 06:20 PM
you guys held holmes and BE all day are you kidding me?

Lol I remember the announcer on the play that Sanders got held, it was so funny. It was the national guy too, not a Steelers homer announcer. He goes, "Wow, looks like Sanders gave up on that play. That's pretty bad, it looked like a sure touchdown until Sanders slowed down. That's a young receiver mistake. How about we go back and look at the replay. Oh my, I see why Sanders slowed down, Cromartie grabbed his jersey!"

Hahaha

43Hitman
01-22-2011, 06:22 PM
Lol I remember the announcer on the play that Sanders got held, it was so funny. It was the national guy too, not a Steelers homer announcer. He goes, "Wow, looks like Sanders gave up on that play. That's pretty bad, it looked like a sure touchdown until Sanders slowed down. That's a young receiver mistake. How about we go back and look at the replay. Oh my, I see why Sanders slowed down, Cromartie grabbed his jersey!"

Hahaha
Phil Simms and Jim Nantz called that game right?

mcg24
01-22-2011, 08:05 PM
Phil Simms and Jim Nantz called that game right?

I believe so, and actually I believe it was Dwight Lowery that held Sanders on the play, not Cromartie. Makes no difference, everyone saw how ridiculous it was regardless of the player.

Jetsfan115
01-23-2011, 12:36 PM

Hahaha

it wasn't cromartie though. it was lowery

43Hitman
01-23-2011, 02:54 PM
Yeah I think we are going to make Lowery our bitch today.

Jetsfan115
01-23-2011, 03:26 PM
Yeah I think we are going to make Lowery our bitch today.

lowery won't be in much. he moved to safety cause we only have 4 on the roster and 3 were injured for the last steelers game. now we have 4 again (2 are back form injury and we signed another one for the 1 that went on IR) coleman is the nickel back and lowery/wilson/ighedigbo will be the next DB to see the field depending on the situation