PDA

View Full Version : Question for Steelers fans

Stac
01-21-2011, 03:51 PM
I'm coming down for the game this week, and I'm a Jets fan. I will be wearing my # 12
Namath jersey and so will my girlfriend. I've been to Oakland before so I'm not worried about the rowdy fans or ribbing but I am black, and I've heard stories about racism going on in Pittsburgh and I'm just wondering, if you think I'll hear a whole bunch of racial slurs, at Heinz, because I really don't want my GF to go through that.

bigchuck
01-21-2011, 03:55 PM
wow no way, and i dont know who told you that but pittsburgh is one of the most un racist cities ive ever been to. feel free to stop by our tailgate for a beer

Pittsburgh43
01-21-2011, 03:58 PM
You guys will be fine. Steelers fans are some of the friendliest people in the world. I'm white but I've never witnessed any racism around me. Just as long you're not creating conflicts lol you guys will be absolutely fine. Have a great time, but not too great, of course lol Go Steelers!!

TailgateMel
01-21-2011, 04:00 PM
I think folks that want to say anything to you will stick to picking on you for the Jets jersey. At least you will possibly get some lieniency for wearing a local boy's jersey, rather than a Sanchez or something like that.

I can't say I have ever heard someone yelled at because of their race at a Steelers game.

Mel

Stac
01-21-2011, 04:03 PM
Your guys hospitality is a breath of fresh air from the meathead Raider, Giant and Patriot fans, I normally deal with. Thanks.

As far as the stories go, I just heard of people chanting racial slurs at Tomlin and such and such.

Foreign Alphabet
01-21-2011, 04:04 PM
I haven't really noticed anything. It is pa though haha, there is pittsburgh, philly and everything in between is alabama ;) but the steelers fans never seemed unnecessarily vulgar besides the token idiot or two, and not racist

Pittsburgh43
01-21-2011, 04:05 PM
Man, if I heard someone chanting racial slurs at Tomlin, I would personally kick their ass.

bigchuck
01-21-2011, 04:07 PM
yeah i cant imagine any steeler fans have ever chanted anything race related at tomlin. ive never witnessed any sorts of racisim at a steeler game

jev7452
01-21-2011, 04:12 PM
been to a bunch of games and have never heard anything racist at all. the only times there are ever problems is when people from opposing teams just start running their months, but to be honest, they have always been white haha

MDSteel15
01-21-2011, 04:14 PM
If you want racist remarks, go to Baltimore next time the Jets play the Ravens... There's reasons they are called Baltimorons! :tt03:

Stac
01-21-2011, 04:17 PM
been to a bunch of games and have never heard anything racist at all. the only times there are ever problems is when people from opposing teams just start running their months, but to be honest, they have always been white haha

So, I'm assuming you've never encountered Raider fans? Lmfao

fer522
01-21-2011, 04:27 PM
i've never been to a Steelers game at home
but in Tampa(super bowl 43) i met some of the nicest fans ever
and guess what? they were all steelers fans
so i dont think you have anything to worry about
so have a kinda good time :chuckle:

:tt03:

SoCalFan
01-21-2011, 05:21 PM
I am in L.A.and have been to oakland a bunch and you are rite about them,a bunch of thugs who think the raiders is a gang.If you anything racial,just point down to the field and say look at your coach and 3/4 of the team.Have fun,I feel bad for you walking away when its over,You are going to feel like $hit taking that ass whooping!!!

Stlrs4Life
01-21-2011, 05:26 PM
I'm coming down for the game this week, and I'm a Jets fan. I will be wearing my # 12
Namath jersey and so will my girlfriend. I've been to Oakland before so I'm not worried about the rowdy fans or ribbing but I am black, and I've heard stories about racism going on in Pittsburgh and I'm just wondering, if you think I'll hear a whole bunch of racial slurs, at Heinz, because I really don't want my GF to go through that.

Pittsburgh? Pittsburgh is more Ethnic and mixed than NY. You have a better chance of that happening to you in NY. And it didn't happen to you in Oakland?

stlrtruck
01-21-2011, 05:53 PM
The only thing they'll see racist about you is your green jersey and even that, from what I've seen, has never brought anyone harm. Just a good ribbing before the game.

HAWK
01-21-2011, 05:56 PM
I was at the Browns game a few weeks back. That was a sad picture. The threats, fights, drunkenness, name calling, etc. from Browns' fans at Steelers fans was really sad.

But with two teams that have been winning I think the atmosphere will be better for everyone.

Until you guys lose. Then you'll be sad.