PDA

View Full Version : God I wish our o-line watch the media

steelers33
01-21-2011, 04:18 PM
From trash, to horrible, to dismantled, to pathetic, I think I've heard about everything regarding the poor play of the offensive line. Hopefully the line can see this and play with a HUGE chip on their shoulder similiar to the heavily criticized 08 o line that won the Super Bowl. Even Ben has said it before, our o-line blocks better when they are angry. Our o-line is obviously very pivotal to our run towards a 7th so they better get a fire lit under their ass. They played fairly well the last time they played the Jets and I expect the same and more. I would be pissed with a team with as much talent that we have, will not be able to win the Super Bowl because of the freaking offensive line. Get pissed big fellas!

sarahpalinhater
01-21-2011, 04:22 PM
From trash, to horrible, to dismantled, to pathetic, I think I've heard about everything regarding the poor play of the offensive line. Hopefully the line can see this and play with a HUGE chip on their shoulder similiar to the heavily criticized 08 o line that won the Super Bowl. Even Ben has said it before, our o-line blocks better when they are angry. Our o-line is obviously very pivotal to our run towards a 7th so they better get a fire lit under their ass. They played fairly well the last time they played the Jets and I expect the same and more. I would be pissed with a team with as much talent that we have, will not be able to win the Super Bowl of the freaking offensive line. Get pissed big fellas!

Great point. But regardless of anger, this Line needs to be redefined next season. Kemo must be shown the door. And a Vet Tackle must be signed, and Starks moved to RT, and Colon if they re-sign him, moved to Guard. But with that said, trust me the Jets WILL get to Ben. Ryan is an expert at it. He knows how to hide which player he sends on his unmanned rush. Coleman was great last game. But Cromartie almost got to him once as well. We just have to hope Ben can notice them, and not get the ball knocked away like the Jets did twice in game one.

harrison'samonster
01-21-2011, 04:25 PM
Kemo's gotta watch that anger though, no more jumping on people when the play is over. I can't blame him though, I wouldn't be able to stop right at the whistle every time.

I'm amazed how well the line has pulled together at times this year, they are definitely going to need to play their best to beat the jets, let alone to compete in the big one.

SteelCityMom
01-21-2011, 04:27 PM
From trash, to horrible, to dismantled, to pathetic, I think I've heard about everything regarding the poor play of the offensive line. Hopefully the line can see this and play with a HUGE chip on their shoulder similiar to the heavily criticized 08 o line that won the Super Bowl. Even Ben has said it before, our o-line blocks better when they are angry. Our o-line is obviously very pivotal to our run towards a 7th so they better get a fire lit under their ass. They played fairly well the last time they played the Jets and I expect the same and more. I would be pissed with a team with as much talent that we have, will not be able to win the Super Bowl because of the freaking offensive line. Get pissed big fellas!

Oh, they know what's being said about them. They definitely use it as motivation too. They know they are the scapegoats once again for the season and aren't given a chance in hell to play well by the media.

I won't be dumbfounded if they don't play well on Sunday, but it won't shock me at all to see them play their best game of the season either. They used the doubt in them to step before and I have every confidence that they can do it again.

Curtain_of_Steel
01-21-2011, 06:08 PM
They all need to watch the dam anger calls. Its complete bs that they would act out and pull the flag. Taunt the other guy to hit you, take the shot.

Kemo is just plain dumb

theplatypus
01-21-2011, 06:16 PM
They all need to watch the dam anger calls. Its complete bs that they would act out and pull the flag. Taunt the other guy to hit you, take the shot.

Kemo is just plain dumb

I was watching the replay on the NFL Network the other night and noticed something about the 2nd penalty on Kemo. If you watch the play the whistle had NOT blown and neither of the goal line refs had signaled a td. That isn't too say it wasn't a stupid play on his part, but he was playing until the whistle.

Riddle_Of_Steel
01-21-2011, 06:23 PM

Kemo is just plain dumb

Nope. Be glad Maurkice Pouncey is rubbing off on the other linemen-- they play until the whistle now, instead of going into "spectator mode" (which is REALLY easy to do once the ball carrier leaves, for those who have ever played on any Oline before).

Kemo just plain made a mistake, he is otherwise a pretty descent guard. Where we need to shore up is RG, and OT. We have no idea what we are gonna have at OT-- will Colon be back to original form? If so, we are good to go at RT. If Starks cannot play, move Flozell back to his native position at LT. If Starks can play, we have 3 viable OTs on our roster (no Jonathan Scott, Trai Essex, and Tony Hills do not count) to compete for the two starting positions next year.

If we pick up Mike Pouncey to play RG, and another year of experience under Maurkice's belt, we will be well on our way to having a descent to dominant Oline.

The major problem with our Oline right now is LT. Nobody accused Jonathan Scott of being NFL starter material, but there are no other options right now. I won't bag on him-- all the guys are out there giving it their all, but some are just better than others.