PDA

View Full Version : bengals to switch to 3-4?

tony hipchest
04-28-2006, 12:23 PM
they dont know yet. they would need a s. merriman or d. ware type player drafted.

those guys could be m. lawson and k. wimbley (2 players that 5 years ago the steelers wouldve been able to pick up in the 3rd or 4th round and turn them into stars). these players may not even be there for the bengals 1st pick.

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=5214

BBC
04-28-2006, 01:17 PM
If you can't beat 'em, steal their defensive scheme!

Ohio Steeler
04-28-2006, 01:44 PM

still will not help them

HburgXL06
04-28-2006, 02:28 PM

still will not help them

They are takin our scheme and it won't help them...at least not against us. We are the owners of the tough 3-4 scheme and will still be hittin them hard showin them how to properly do it. Palmer better watch out....I'll bet Porter and Townsend are hungry.

BuFu

clevestinks
04-28-2006, 05:48 PM
Isnt it kinda of funny how a few years ago everyone thought the Pats exposed our 3-4, and the 3-4 was destine for failure. Now everyone is going back to it

CantStop85
04-28-2006, 05:51 PM
They are takin our scheme
Really? Did the Pittsburgh Steelers invent the scheme? :bouncy:

BBC
04-28-2006, 05:56 PM

Yes they did, didn't you hear?

PITTSBURGH - The Pittsburgh Steelers have always been known for being a strong defensive team. They are looking to keep that trend going by unveiling a new scheme that they will use next season. This defensive scheme is called the "3-4."

The 3-4 defense consists of 3 defensive linemen (one nose guard and two defensive ends), four linebackers (two outside linebackers and two inside linebackers), and four defensive backs (two cornerbacks and two safeties).

It is only a matter of time before teams who can't seem to beat the Steelers will begin to adopt this scheme (for example, the Bengals).

:blurp:

HburgXL06
04-28-2006, 06:09 PM

Of course we did. Didn't you hear? We invented football too. Haha just playin bro. Actually I think BBC answered that better than I could have. Peace.

BuFu

tony hipchest
04-28-2006, 06:19 PM
Really? Did the Pittsburgh Steelers invent the scheme? :bouncy: michelangelo or beethoven didnt invent art or music. they just mastered them.

d. lebeau invented the zone blitz. cincinatti fired him.

advantage: steelers (with their 5th ring and 2nd year of defensive dominance)

DIESELMAN
04-28-2006, 07:58 PM
Definitely perfected it to the point where a lot of teams want to switch to it. I guess the Bungles thinking is if the Steelers can do it then so can we. Its not that easy to switch defensive schemes you gots to have the right personnel in every position otherwise it ain't gonna work. So good luck Bungles on getting your defense on the same page.....:helmet:

MichiSteeler
04-28-2006, 07:58 PM
michelangelo or beethoven didnt invent art or music. they just mastered them.

d. lebeau invented the zone blitz. cincinatti fired him.

advantage: steelers (with their 5th ring and 2nd year of defensive dominance)

very well said! :cool:

tony hipchest
05-02-2006, 02:53 PM
Definitely perfected it to the point where a lot of teams want to switch to it. I guess the Bungles thinking is if the Steelers can do it then so can we. Its not that easy to switch defensive schemes you gots to have the right personnel in every position otherwise it ain't gonna work. So good luck Bungles on getting your defense on the same page.....:helmet:bengals were unable to find the appropriate players in the draft to try and make the switch. sounds like they will shelf the idea till next year. i was hoping that m. lewis was stupid enough to try and force something that wasnt there and make wild reaches for sub par players just to fit a scheme.

Stlrs4Life
05-04-2006, 10:07 PM
I thought they already did play in the 3-4.

SteelShooter
05-05-2006, 01:06 AM
bengals were unable to find the appropriate players in the draft to try and make the switch. sounds like they will shelf the idea till next year. i was hoping that m. lewis was stupid enough to try and force something that wasnt there and make wild reaches for sub par players just to fit a scheme.

...............and I could really see that happening too!

Oh well, the Browns may try, but so did Dalls, didn't work for them either. :tombstone

Not only do you have to have the perfect player for each position, but the perfect D-Coordinator and assistants also! :mg:

:king: We are the King of the "D"! :king:

CantStop85
05-05-2006, 07:58 PM
I thought they already did play in the 3-4.
Nope...base defense of 4-3...played 3-4 quite a bit last year on third down situations though with the addition of OLB/DE David Pollack.