PDA

View Full Version : Steelers G Kemoeatu fined $12,500 for unnecessary roughness

SteelCityMom
01-21-2011, 06:57 PM
Steelers G Kemoeatu fined $12,500 for unnecessary roughness
NFL.com
Published: Jan. 21, 2011 at 07:27 p.m.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81dd5dbb/article/steelers-g-kemoeatu-fined-12500-for-unnecessary-roughness?module=HP_headlines

Pittsburgh Steelers guard Chris Kemoeatu's overzealous play in the AFC Division Playoffs has led to punishment by the NFL.

A source told NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora that Kemoeatu was fined $12,500 on Friday for two separate instances of late hits in last Sunday's win over the Baltimore Ravens.

The guard, listed at 6-foot-3 and 344 pounds, dove on top of a pile after the play had ended on two occassions. The second time, on Pittsburgh's go-ahead touchdown dive late the fourth quarter, led to a 15-yard unnecessary roughness penalty that helped put the Ravens near mid-field for their final, ultimately fruitless, drive.

There have been no reports of fines stemming from the other AFC divisional game between the New York Jets and

mesaSteeler
01-21-2011, 07:00 PM
I hope Tomlin rips him a new one. What he did was flat out stupid and could have cost us the game. You can't make dumb mistakes like this.

Steelboy84
01-21-2011, 07:12 PM
I hope Tomlin rips him a new one. What he did was flat out stupid and could have cost us the game. You can't make dumb mistakes like this.

this

SeinfeldNut
01-21-2011, 07:21 PM

Agree, he has to use his head in these games, or he will be watching the game from the sidelines.

mcg24
01-21-2011, 07:22 PM
Agree, he has to use his head in these games, or he will be watching the game from the sidelines.

Well he definitely used his head.

mesaSteeler
01-21-2011, 07:28 PM
I have the solution. Let's draft Pouncey's brother and put Kemo on the bench or better yet cut him and have him play for the Clowns.

OX1947
01-21-2011, 07:40 PM
I have the solution. Let's draft Pouncey's brother and put Kemo on the bench or better yet cut him and have him play for the Clowns.

If Pouncey drops to 32, hehe, then I think this happens. I am sick of Kemo and his bonehead decisions and his horrible holding or false starts in the worst moments of a game.

SeinfeldNut
01-21-2011, 07:42 PM
Well he definitely used his head.

Haha! That is true..

SH-Rock
01-21-2011, 07:44 PM
If Pouncey drops to 32, hehe, then I think this happens. I am sick of Kemo and his bonehead decisions and his horrible holding or false starts in the worst moments of a game.

I'm hoping he plays aweful in the Senior Bowl so we can snag him.

OX1947
01-21-2011, 07:46 PM
I'm hoping he plays aweful in the Senior Bowl so we can snag him.

Copy cat league. Mikey is a notch below his brother as far as ability. Which means he is defiantly 1st round material. I say worst case he gets snagged between 20-25 if not earlier.

bigchuck
01-21-2011, 07:57 PM
i dissagreed with the 2nd one the play was not ruled a TD when he came in...play to the whistle right?

Fire Arians
01-21-2011, 07:57 PM
hes trying to do the polamalu dive move but he's about 100 pounds too heavy and so never gets there on time

steelerchad
01-21-2011, 08:03 PM
This is one fine I have no problem with. Cheap and late + he got away with one earlier. He got beat on his block and made a stupid play that could have cost us.

SteelKnight
01-21-2011, 08:57 PM

Agreed. Him and Ike. I was embarrassed. I like being the good guys. i was embarrassed when it showed Ike headbutted Housh first...but I was still biased hoping he wouldn't get caught. He's lucky he didn't get ejected and cost us the came.

mesaSteeler
01-21-2011, 09:21 PM
Agreed. Him and Ike. I was embarrassed. I like being the good guys. i was embarrassed when it showed Ike headbutted Housh first...but I was still biased hoping he wouldn't get caught. He's lucky he didn't get ejected and cost us the came.

Good point about Ike I forgot about that. I'm surprised that Goodell didn't come down on Ike for that. That's the problem with all of this trash talking garbage, it takes the players heads out of the game. Instead of thinking about how to play their position better and help their team win they are thinking how to get even with a particular player even if cost their own team.

fer522
01-21-2011, 09:53 PM
hes trying to do the polamalu dive move but he's about 100 pounds too heavy and so never gets there on time

:thumbsup: :chuckle: :thumbsup: :chuckle: :thumbsup:

jjpro11
01-21-2011, 10:20 PM
one of the very few times a fine was warranted for one of our guys. there's no place in the game for that. play with emotion, but keep your ****ing head straight.. especially when there's less than 2 minutes left in the 4th quarter and your team just scored the go-ahead touchdown.

dcbng
01-21-2011, 10:37 PM
This is one fine I have no problem with. Cheap and late + he got away with one earlier. He got beat on his block and made a stupid play that could have cost us.

Very late, after watching the game on NFL and replaying he was a step away from starting his dive when the whistle was blown.

Stupid play, correct fine, and I hope HCMT has a few words with him in private.

TRH
01-22-2011, 09:46 AM

exactly. He's going to end up costing us a game. Tomlin should tell him (order him) to not get involved in any "after play skirmith" (put hands up and walk away) and not to dive on any piles, etc. Period. End of story. Or there will be grave consequences.
LAY down the law.