mesaSteeler
01-21-2011, 09:30 PM
Rawlings-Blake Makes Good On Ravens-Steelers Bet
Baltimore Mayor: 'I'm Very Proud Of My Ravens'
http://www.wbaltv.com/r/26578360/detail.html
POSTED: 9:22 pm EST January 21, 2011
[EMAIL: Rawlings-Blake Makes Good On Ravens-Steelers Bet]
BALTIMORE -- What is she wearing?!

Relax, Ravens fans, Baltimore Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake had to wear black and gold as part of a friendly wager with Pittsburgh Mayor Luke Ravenstahl over the Ravens-Steelers divisional playoff game.

The Ravens lost to the Steelers 31-24 on Jan. 15 in Pittsburgh after a collapse, of sorts, in the second half.

Rawlings-Blake tweeted Friday night a YouTube video in which she wears a Steelers jersey as part of representing the losing team.

In the video, the Baltimore mayor and ardent Ravens fan said, "I am contractually obligated to record this YouTube video wearing this gold-and-black clothing. This past weekend, the Pittsburgh Steelers were the superior football team." (That last statement was required as part of the bargain.)

"I want to thank the coaches and the players as well as the fans of Baltimore and of Pittsburgh. You earned it. I want to thank Mayor Ravenstahl for taking part in this friendly wager. Next year, I look forward to giving you a call when the Ravens are back on their way to the Super Bowl."

The mayor then shed the Steelers jersey and returned to the video wearing purple.

"The rivalry between the Ravens and the Steelers is great. We are passionate football cities, but we're always civil and it never becomes ugly or personal. Both Baltimore and Pittsburgh have deep roots as blue-collar cities, and the people respect tough, hard-hitting football. So, I'm proud to be from Baltimore, and I'm very proud of my Ravens. Coach (John) Harbaugh and the entire team are poised to make another run for the playoffs next year. I look forward to cheering on my Ravens with all the other Ravens fans in next year's season.

Here's the link to the youtube of the Bmore mayor eating "raven". - mesa

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQ9KSyNsy68&feature=player_embedded

steelers33
01-21-2011, 09:43 PM
How is it a rivalry when one team consistently beats the other team when it matters most?

pittguy578
01-22-2011, 12:12 AM
What about the bet with the bishop?

mesaSteeler
01-22-2011, 12:15 AM
What about the bet with the bishop?
I haven't seen anything yet in the news.

MikeHaullace
01-22-2011, 12:19 AM
qQ9KSyNsy68

SacknificentStew56
01-22-2011, 07:27 AM
That black and gold really brings out her eyes.

Kanata-Steeler
01-22-2011, 07:36 AM
That was classy.

1st&Goal
01-22-2011, 08:22 AM
That black and gold really brings out her eyes.

:iagree: