PDA

View Full Version : Jets fans stomp and dis-respect Terrible Towel: IN PITTSBURGH

StainlessStill
01-21-2011, 11:10 PM
Say no more. With Myron Cope's birthday coming up on Sunday, and since they are aware of the curse of the Terrible Towel, I now feel even BETTER about our chances this Sunday. Never, EVER dig your own grave. The ghosts of the Terrible Towel and soul of Myron Cope may taunt these morons forever!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vDa1f8iaQcQ

GAME
ON

mesaSteeler
01-21-2011, 11:16 PM
The Terrible curse is posed to strike!

Terrible Curse
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrible_Curse

The Terrible Curse refers to a sports superstition that holds that desecration of the Terrible Towel causes misfortune to befall the offending team. The Terrible Curse is a relatively new phenomenon, as the curse has only been noted recently.

The curse has appeared on several occasions in recent years. In 2005, Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh shined his shoes with a Terrible Towel during a regular-season game between the Bengals and Steelers. The Bengals went on to lose to the Steelers in the first round of the playoffs. The Bengals let go of T.J. Houshmanzadeh before the 2009 season. Once they played the Steelers again, they were able to beat the Steelers without Houshmanzadeh.[1] The Curse followed Houshmandzadeh to Baltimore, where he dropped a fourth down pass to end the Ravens' season in the 2011 divisional playoff against the Steelers.

The curse allegedly appeared twice during the 2008 NFL playoffs. During the Baltimore Ravens' 13-10 win over the Tennessee Titans, Titans running back LenDale White fumbled in the red zone and cost his team a field goal opportunity that ultimately proved to be the difference in the game. White had stomped and spat on a Terrible Towel a few weeks earlier, at the end of the Titans' regular-season win against the Steelers.[2] The Tennessee Titans went on an eight-game losing streak immediately following the incident, including losing to the Steelers in the NFL Kickoff game after the Steelers won Super Bowl XLIII. In November 2009, the offending players sent an autographed towel to the Allegheny Valley School, a special needs school supported by Towel creator and long-time Steelers broadcaster Myron Cope, with a written request to "lift the curse". [3]

The curse allegedly showed up again in Super Bowl XLIII. During a Super Bowl pep rally Phoenix mayor Phil Gordon blew his nose into a Terrible Towel and threw it on the ground. The Cardinals' mascot wiped its armpits with the towel. Although Gordon later apologized, the Cardinals lost the Super Bowl.[4]

Several Blue and White "Terrific Towels" were made for the Indianapolis Colts' in the 2009 season playoffs, one of which received some airtime during their AFC championship victory.[5] The Colts subsequently lost Super Bowl XLIV to the New Orleans Saints.

SeinfeldNut
01-21-2011, 11:29 PM
Say no more. With Myron Cope's birthday coming up on Sunday, and since they are aware of the curse of the Terrible Towel, I now feel even BETTER about our chances this Sunday. Never, EVER dig your own grave. The ghosts of the Terrible Towel and soul of Myron Cope may taunt these morons forever!

GAME
ON

I remember vividly when we LenDale White and some of the other Titans did that when the Steelers played them in Tennessee a few years back, and boy did the bad karma of doing that come back to bite that team in the rear end, they go 13-3 and bow out in the first round, losing to the Ravens at home. That Jets fan just unleashed some bad karma that will come around to hurt the Jets.

SH-Rock
01-21-2011, 11:37 PM
Do I hear blow out?

Kanata-Steeler
01-22-2011, 07:27 AM

GAME
ON

haha, looks like these dudes have watched that movie. "Big Fan (2009)" too many times. -lol ;)
And now, they're gonna crash-land in SteelTown !!!

:tt04:

SacknificentStew56
01-22-2011, 07:44 AM
Terrible Towel Curse > Madden Curse!! Those retarded dumb fukks just poured ice cold water on Myron's grave and woke him up with their stupidity. Hope they're ready for the outcome.

StainlessStill
01-22-2011, 07:54 AM
Terrible Towel Curse > Madden Curse!! Those retarded dumb fukks just poured ice cold water on Myron's grave and woke him up with their stupidity. Hope they're ready for the outcome.

And it's Myron's bday Sunday! Imagine Renegade with Myron Copes picture? Holy shit, game over.

SacknificentStew56
01-22-2011, 08:01 AM
And it's Myron's bday Sunday! Imagine Renegade with Myron Copes picture? Holy shit, game over.

LMAO!! I'm not sure they're aware of the severity of their actions. Never disrespect the Terrible Towel.:tt03:

pittsurghsteelers4life
01-22-2011, 08:06 AM
Yeah they done ****ed up now itz over the the jets now.....I feel much better now that they did that.....

1st&Goal
01-22-2011, 08:14 AM
I wouldn't even classify these 2 morons as "Fans". They're just a couple of jagoffs trying to look tough. In reality, they just demonstrated to the world how low their IQ's are.

Nonetheless, they must and will, pay the price for their blasphemy.
Nothing can be done for the Jets now. It's all over for them.

PS, if anyone sees these 2 mouth-breathing jagoffs at the game, give 'em a ride back to New York via the toe of your boot.

:tt02:

Rick5895
01-22-2011, 08:18 AM
I wouldn't even classify these 2 morons as "Fans". They're just a couple of jagoffs trying to look tough. In reality, they just demonstrated to the world how low their IQ's are.

Nonetheless, they must and will, pay the price for their blasphemy.
Nothing can be done for the Jets now. It's all over for them.

PS, if anyone sees these 2 mouth-breathing jagoffs at the game, give 'em a ride back to New York via the toe of your boot.

:tt02:

Don't risk damaging your toe on them. Throw them in the river and make them swim back!!

:tt04: :tt02:

stb_steeler
01-22-2011, 09:53 AM

GAME
ON

Doesnt the curse of the towel have to be on a player?...not a fan..Even so they gave bad mojo to their team.......Heres to Myron...Happy birthday!

SteelCityMom
01-22-2011, 10:02 AM
Doesnt the curse of the towel have to be on a player?...not a fan..Even so they gave bad mojo to their team.......Heres to Myron...Happy birthday!

Mark Brunell already took care of that lol.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/19122010/5/photo/19122010211213.html

steeltheone
01-22-2011, 11:29 AM

Yes it does...ALL opposing teams fans piss...stomp and burn the towel.

JiF
01-22-2011, 11:32 AM
The terrible towel is the coolest thing is sports. It makes you feel like a champion when you do it. :tt04:

I'm a Jets fan, so I cant naturally do the terrible towel thingy, but every morning before I go to work, I wave my clothes over my head. Makes me feel real. Like a Champ. And I dominate my day.

Its changed my life. :tt:

Pentheon
01-22-2011, 11:33 AM
theyll be sorry

Ryanh208
01-22-2011, 11:36 AM
People still hasn't learned there lesson from doing this? I guess they'll have to learn the hard way.

SoCalFan
01-22-2011, 12:47 PM
The terrible towel is the coolest thing is sports. It makes you feel like a champion when you do it. :tt04:

I'm a Jets fan, so I cant naturally do the terrible towel thingy, but every morning before I go to work, I wave my clothes over my head. Makes me feel real. Like a Champ. And I dominate my day.

That sarcasm is just as bad as stomping the towel in my opinion.Go ahead and keep disrespecting peanut butter boy,MORON......:tt03:

CYInt
01-22-2011, 12:50 PM
I'll be rooting for the Steelers tomorrow. Hope you guys get it done vs. the Jets.

StainlessStill
01-22-2011, 01:31 PM

Yeah, you want to feel like a champ so bad that you need white towels to be handed to you when game day comes! Did you see N.E last week? All those bullshit towels? I've seen N.Y use them MANY times. Face it, we have more tradition in one towel than you do your whole franchise and we'll show why this Sunday. Seeing 70,000+ Terrible Towels in that stadium is special. Even more special than fireman Ed.:chuckle:

stb_steeler
01-22-2011, 02:27 PM
Mark Brunell already took care of that lol.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/19122010/5/photo/19122010211213.html

I missed that one.....OH its game on now!!!!!!!!

TurkJetFan
01-22-2011, 05:25 PM
I remember vividly when we LenDale White and some of the other Titans did that when the Steelers played them in Tennessee a few years back, and boy did the bad karma of doing that come back to bite that team in the rear end, they go 13-3 and bow out in the first round, losing to the Ravens at home. That Jets fan just unleashed some bad karma that will come around to hurt the Jets.

keep dreaming

SoCalFan
01-22-2011, 05:33 PM
Is there a way we can get this info to the players,twitter?Guess it doesnt matter,the curse come spiritually now.Im sure they will announce Copes B-day in the stadium before the game...CANT WAIT!!!

Fire Arians
01-22-2011, 06:00 PM

GAME
ON

those fans are ****ed. not only will their teams lose but they will fail to achieve an erection for the rest of their life, which is probably worse

SteelCityMom
01-22-2011, 06:01 PM
keep dreaming

I know it sounds like a silly superstition (and it most likely is), but with the history it has...why the hell would any teams opposing player tempt fate like that?

Before a 1994 playoff game against the Steelers' long-time rival Cleveland Browns, Steelers defensive tackle Brentson Buckner accidentally dropped a Towel that he was waving during the player introductions. Browns running back Earnest Byner stepped on the Towel yelling, "We don't care about your towel. We're going to beat you this time." This act "provok[ed] other Steelers and Browns to mingle. Not affectionately."[40] The Steelers won the game 29–9.[40] (Pittsburgh throttled the Browns in the playoffs this year as well..they moved the next year to Baltimore and have made the playoffs once since then...losing to the Steelers.)

During a December 4, 2005 game at Heinz Field, T. J. Houshmandzadeh of the Cincinnati Bengals wiped his feet on a Towel after he scored a touchdown.[41] Although the Bengals managed a 7-point victory in that regular season game, the Steelers came back to defeat them 31–17 in the playoffs, on their way to a victory in Super Bowl XL.[42]

Before the September 29, 2008 Steelers game at Heinz Field, Baltimore Ravens wide receiver Derrick Mason stomped on a Terrible Towel. The Ravens then went on to lose all three of their 2008 season games against the Steelers, including the 2008 AFC Championship Game.[43]

On October 8, 2008, the Steelers played the Jacksonville Jaguars at Jacksonville Municipal Stadium. At that point of their season, the Jaguars were 2-2-0, and feeling very hopeful for the season following a defeat at home of their division rival Colts. The game was very close going into the second half, and the Steelers were still stinging from a Mathis interception and runback for a touchdown. Shorty after the start of the third quarter, Jaguars mascot Jaxson DeVille stood alongside some cheerleaders, and produced a Terrible Towel, which he used to rub his armpits and buttocks.

Shortly after that, the Steelers ran away with the game and the Jaguars lost 26-21. The Jaguars went on to lose eight of their remaining eleven games in the season.[citation needed]

On December 21, 2008, LenDale White and Keith Bulluck of the Tennessee Titans stepped on a Terrible Towel after the Titans's 31–14 victory. Pittsburgh's Larry Foote responded, "They deserved to do that, they whooped us, they deserve to celebrate and, hopefully, we'll see them again."[44] While Hines Ward said, "[T. J. Houshmandzadeh] did kind of the same thing and you see where they went."[44] Tennessee was the top seed in the playoffs, however following the incident the Titans proceeded to lose eight consecutive games, including an '08 divisional playoff game (their first game following the 'incident'), their '09 Week 1 game against the Steelers, 13-10. After the Titan's 8th consecutive loss, Titans coach Jeff Fisher expressed regret for his team's behavior towards the Towel, and a number of Titans players autographed a Terrible Towel and mailed it to a Pittsburgh charity. The Titans won their next 5 games.

On January 27, 2009, at a public sendoff in Phoenix for the Arizona Cardinals before they faced the Steelers in Super Bowl XLIII, Phoenix Mayor Phil Gordon produced a towel and called the Cardinals mascot, Big Red to the stage, where he used the towel to wipe his armpits. Gordon then blew his nose on the towel.[41] The Cardinals then proceeded to lose the Super Bowl to the Steelers, 27-23.

On October 11, 2009 the Pittsburgh Steelers played the Detroit Lions at Ford Field. Nearing the end of the fourth quarter the Steelers were up by 8 points and the Lions were marching down the field. At this time the Lions mascot Roary The Lion, stepped on, bit and ripped apart a Terrible Towel. Following this the Lions suffered three straight sacks to put them in a long fourth and twenty-eight situation. The Lions did not convert and the Steelers won the game 28-20.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrible_Towel

mcg24
01-22-2011, 06:26 PM
keep dreaming

Keep trolling.

stb_steeler
01-22-2011, 07:26 PM
Is there a way we can get this info to the players,twitter?Guess it doesnt matter,the curse come spiritually now.Im sure they will announce Copes B-day in the stadium before the game...CANT WAIT!!!

Im sure they allready know....:tt02:

Steelboy84
01-22-2011, 07:35 PM
Keep trolling.

:rofl: :rofl:

Nevermore
01-22-2011, 10:31 PM
I hate the F-ing towel, and the Steelers, but I do know you don't F with that stupid towel. I don't know why, but it is just not a good idea. That and my buddy who is a Steelers fan who lives in Washington State. He breaks out a 6 pack of IC Lite and starts drinking it and everything starts going well for his damn team.

I hate it, but you don't tempt that thing. It's science.

Go Jets (despite your now cursed team).

MattsMe
01-22-2011, 10:42 PM
I hate the F-ing towel, and the Steelers, but I do know you don't F with that stupid towel. I don't know why, but it is just not a good idea. That and my buddy who is a Steelers fan who lives in Washington State. He breaks out a 6 pack of IC Lite and starts drinking it and everything starts going well for his damn team.

:chuckle: Damn right. Great post. :thumbsup:

mcg24
01-23-2011, 12:37 AM

Hahaha, great stuff.

BengalDestroyer
01-23-2011, 08:30 AM
you know I watched this video of these two immature wack jobs stomping the terrible towel....whatever man. Steeler fans stay classy, let the Steelers do the stomping on all the Jets fans hearts.

43Hitman
01-23-2011, 08:35 AM

:rofl:At least one of them has learned. :rofl:

stlrtruck
01-23-2011, 10:44 PM
I know it sounds like a silly superstition (and it most likely is), but with the history it has...why the hell would any teams opposing player tempt fate like that?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrible_Towel

And now add January 2011, Mark Brunnell desecrates the Terrible Towel and the jets lose.

SteelCityMom
01-23-2011, 11:17 PM
And now add January 2011, Mark Brunnell desecrates the Terrible Towel and the jets lose.

May the curse forever live on. :tt02:

SeinfeldNut
01-23-2011, 11:28 PM
you know I watched this video of these two immature wack jobs stomping the terrible towel....whatever man. Steeler fans stay classy, let the Steelers do the stomping on all the Jets fans hearts.

That is all I have found since joining the Steeler family, class, insightful, respectful and passionate.

MasterOfPuppets
01-23-2011, 11:30 PM
messing wit da towel be bad juju mon....

http://www.hispanicallyspeakingnews.com/uploads/images/article-images/Voodoo.jpg

stb_steeler
01-24-2011, 12:16 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDj6kywTm50 :tt04::tt02::tt::tt03:

CaliStillersFan
01-24-2011, 12:32 AM
They contributed to the Allegheny School by buying the towel and they cursed their team. All I can say is....Double Yoi!!!!

SeinfeldNut
01-24-2011, 12:40 AM
They contributed to the Allegheny School by buying the towel and they cursed their team. All I can say is....Double Yoi!!!!

Perfectly put! Just another example of be careful what you wish for, that bad karma will come around and bite you.