PDA

View Full Version : Winslow, injured, motorcycle.

clevestinks
05-02-2005, 03:22 PM
Thought this was worth a thread.

Browns' Winslow Hurt in Motorcycle Mishap

WESTLAKE, Ohio (AP) -- Browns tight end Kellen Winslow Jr. was injured in a motorcycle accident, but the team said his injuries aren't life-threatening.

Winslow was riding in a community college parking lot Sunday when he hit a curb at about 35 mph and was thrown from the motorcycle, police Lt. Ray Arcuri said.

He was taken by ambulance to Fairview Hospital and was scheduled to be transferred to the Cleveland Clinic on Monday where the team's medical staff would treat him, Browns spokesman Bill Bonsiewicz said.

"He went over the handlebars and was real evasive about what the injuries were," Arcuri said.

Winslow was wearing a helmet, but it wasn't strapped on and flew off his head, Arcuri said. He and four other men were riding motorcycles in the parking lot, not far from Winslow's home.

The first-round draft pick missed nearly all of his rookie year after breaking his leg in the second game of the season. He has had two operations on the leg.

RoethlisBURGHer
05-02-2005, 04:11 PM
He's an idiot.

If I were the Browns,I would ban Edwards from hanging out with him.

HinesWard4Life8682
05-02-2005, 04:12 PM
hey edwards is smart coming from michigan u need a 3.5 average unlike miami where they dont give a shit about ur grades

clevestinks
05-02-2005, 05:29 PM
Here in Cleveburgh the local news is all over this story, reporting that his injuries are Not life threatening. But his father and agent were plown in on emergency flights. The local news is already pulling up his contract, to figure out if the brownies can void his contract since he was injured on a motorcycle, a little classless there. They did show pictures on the news, and the bike is just about destroyed. With a very long skid mark on the pavement, in a parking lot?? The bike believed to be his first still has temp tags. He may be a soldier, but he ain`t real smart.

BlitzburghRockCity
05-02-2005, 07:25 PM
What a dumbass! WTF is the point of wearing a lid if ur not gonna strap it on properly !! Being a long time rider myself, I have ZERO remorse for such a squidly act!

steelrr23
05-02-2005, 10:24 PM
If He Can't Ride A Motorcycle, Than How Do Clowns Expect Him To Play Football. Maybe The Next Time He Decides To Ride A Bike, He'd Better Make Sure It Has Training Wheels On It. As Brc Said, What A Dumbass! Another Great First Round Pick By The Clowns.

Brownskikass
05-02-2005, 10:38 PM
If He Can't Ride A Motorcycle, Than How Do Clowns Expect Him To Play Football. Maybe The Next Time He Decides To Ride A Bike, He'd Better Make Sure It Has Training Wheels On It. As Brc Said, What A Dumbass! Another Great First Round Pick By The Clowns.

:screwy:

And you need to know how to ride a bike to play football??? Look, he has attitude and obviously doesnt have very much common sense. But on the field, the dude tears it up. Thats all I care about. I cant believe the idiot Browns fans that wanna trade him. Its like they want to do bad. We invested a 6th overall pick in him and damnit well give him the time to develop!

BlitzburghRockCity
05-02-2005, 11:13 PM
So was he trying to show off and be a squid, or was it an actual freek accident ?

steelrr23
05-02-2005, 11:32 PM
Well If You Can't Do The Simplist Things Like Riding A Bike, How Do You Expect To Be Able To Play Football. You Have To Have Balance, Coordination And Skills To Do Both And Even More For Football That's The Similarity Of Them. I Said It Before And I Will Always Say It The Browns As A Whole(meaning From The Bottom To The Top) Suck. My Condolences This Season For Your Team. Steelrr

clevestinks
05-03-2005, 03:55 AM
Reports are saying puntured lung, and broken ribs, and probably more injuries, not mentioned yewt

geran42o
05-03-2005, 11:38 AM
they're already saying that he has a clause in his contract saying he is forbidden to do any dangerous acts... including to but not limited to riding motorcycles

RoethlisBURGHer
05-03-2005, 01:04 PM
they're already saying that he has a clause in his contract saying he is forbidden to do any dangerous acts... including to but not limited to riding motorcycles

So if his injuries are career threatening in the slightest way,I see the Browns releasing him.And if they do,since he breeched his contract,he'd have to give back all gauranteed money.

clevestinks
05-03-2005, 02:35 PM
I know on TV here today thy mentioned a $4.4million option bonus? was given to him in March, if he could not play the entire season this year, he would have to give it back. Not to mention he lost 5.4 million last year, because his contract is so incentive laiden. Hey I love motorcycles, and don`t have a problem with a pro athlete riding them, but Kellen was still injured, he wasn`t expected to be healthy until sometime in July. He wouldn`t tell paramedics about all his injuries because he didn`t want it to get out to the media. They are saying he has a FEW internal injuries, and they have to wit for swelling to go down to see what other injuries there may be.

Kellen, your a bonehead, why even wear a helmet?

HinesWard4Life8682
05-03-2005, 05:48 PM
he's gonna be a hell of a football player, if he could actually get on to the field for once

BlitzburghRockCity
05-03-2005, 10:52 PM
The man screwed up, big time.. and now the not only is his wallet and career paying a HUGE price.. but all the expectations the clowns had for him are that much farther away from being realized.

clevestinks
05-04-2005, 03:23 PM
Internal injuries, a badly injured shoulder and knee, probable ligament damage, is the latest.

HinesWard4Life8682
05-04-2005, 04:50 PM
i think his career is done now with injuries like that

clevestinks
05-04-2005, 05:42 PM
5:00 clock news here says his knee is in bad shape, possable ACL, season ending.

Let me say, he is a man, so I am glad he is healthy, and alive

Not the devil in me says, just another dissappointing 1st round mess for the brownies, Oh Well. Get better Kellen. And get out of town. Go to Detroit, they need another target.

BlitzburghRockCity
05-04-2005, 08:50 PM
nobody ever wants a player to be injured for anything life or career threatening so yes IM glad he's alive and wont have problems walking.. but man, the clowns, the clowns the clowns.. you guys sure know how to pick em. :rolleyes:

clevestinks
05-06-2005, 08:19 PM
Looks like he is done for the season, the Browns still aren`t saying much here. Suppose to be a torn ACL, which puts a damper on his therapy on his ankle. Ligament damage in the shoulder and knee. Broken ribs, punctured lung, and a possible busted knee cap? Not that we know for sure he will be alright I must say what a dumb ass. The chosen one??? I think the stains have 1 first round draft left fron the last 10 years, way to go.

Brownskikass
05-06-2005, 10:52 PM
Well If You Can't Do The Simplist Things Like Riding A Bike, How Do You Expect To Be Able To Play Football. You Have To Have Balance, Coordination And Skills To Do Both And Even More For Football That's The Similarity Of Them. I Said It Before And I Will Always Say It The Browns As A Whole(meaning From The Bottom To The Top) Suck. My Condolences This Season For Your Team. Steelrr

Your an idiot if you thinkriding a bike has anything to do with football...

Anyhoo if hes out for the year trade him or release him. Im done with hid bullshit. Its our version of Freddie freakin Mitchell

BlitzburghRockCity
05-07-2005, 12:58 AM
Freddie Mitchell - the self proclaimed Peoples Champion..

Kellen Winslow Jr. - the self proclaimed Chosen One.

see any similarities.. I do, all talk, no action!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
05-10-2005, 12:31 AM
Winslow still in the hospital, w/ major concerns about his knee, according to the browns front office.

clevestinks
05-17-2005, 07:24 PM
Here in Cleveburgh, the brownies front office said today that" Winslows accident was unfotunate, but at least their big injury for the year is out of the way" what kind of horse manure is that? Also" Most teams will have major injuries during training camp, them have to scramble to overcome them" Oh and the brownes won`t have any major injuries in camp. I cannot believe they were stupid enough to make those statements, this is not the front office I would want as a fan or player?

bigbensgirl7
05-17-2005, 08:50 PM
You are talking about the Stains here Cleve... :rolleyes:

BengalBrian
06-12-2006, 05:05 PM

:sofunny:
:blah:

Koopa
06-12-2006, 05:23 PM
why do you keep bringing these threads up??? i know you busted a nut when you read the news but no need to bring up old ass threads

Man_Of_Steel
06-12-2006, 05:24 PM

THIS accident was clearly NOT Bens fault. The WOMAN pulled right out in front of him at an intersection and he had no time to avoid her.

Winslows accident was his fault clearly because of his own stupidity.

Black@Gold Forever32
06-12-2006, 05:30 PM
THIS accident was clearly NOT Bens fault. The WOMAN pulled right out in front of him at an intersection and he had no time to avoid her.

Winslows accident was his fault clearly because of his own stupidity.

Ok its horrible what happen to Ben. But he shouldn't have been on the motorcycle to begin with. Ben has to hold himself to higher standard. He can't act like a normal 24 year old man. The Steelers invested alot of money into Ben. I know it sounds horrible. But thats what pro sports has become. Its a business. I'm glad Ben will live and I hate the fact he was in a accident.

But Ben by his selfish act gave the Steelers organization and his teammates the middle finger by doing this. Now I hope Ben has a 100 percent speedy recovery so he can function in everyday live. I just hope this accident woke him up.

Brady12
06-12-2006, 05:37 PM
We are all hypecritical of ourselves at some point, I don't fault any of the people who posted in the thread on Winslow's injury. As for BengalBrian, you showed some great class by bringing this thread back up.

Suitanim
06-12-2006, 06:12 PM
There is another difference...Ben suffered his injury after leading his team to a Super Bowl victory.

DIESELMAN
06-12-2006, 06:22 PM

Another NO CLASS Fan from a NO CLASS Organization!!!!!
Big difference between knowing how to ride a motorcycle and having someone pull out in front of you. You are a DOORKNOB!!!!!

Ohio Steeler
06-12-2006, 06:42 PM
guys dont let BengalBrian get to you after all he is about as worthless as they come

BengalBrian
06-12-2006, 08:48 PM
Chill out.. GEEEZ..

In all seriousness, I only posted this once it became apparent he would be ok... I really do wish him a successful recovery...

My appologies if its taken to heart... :shrug: I was a fan of Big Ben while at Miami.. I hate who he plays for.. I dont hate him...

tony hipchest
06-12-2006, 09:07 PM
Chill out.. GEEEZ..

In all seriousness, I only posted this once it became apparent he would be ok... I really do wish him a successful recovery...

My appologies if its taken to heart... :shrug: I was a fan of Big Ben while at Miami.. I hate who he plays for.. I dont hate him...thats easy to say after the fact. but i will say ive used the souljahs accident (not really an accident) as ammo before. but that was more pertaining to his previous character isssues and obvious act of hot dogging. i can see where you might feel a need to get back at those who have benefitted from carsons injury but it was in the course of a game. i couldve hated derrick thomas (which i didnt) if i were a raidersfan, but would feel bad just the same. i would feel bad for carson just the same if he were injured outside of his job. but your point in digging up this thread is taken. (unfortunately it looks worse for you than anyone who initially posted in this thread.) good job :thumbsup:

BengalBrian
06-12-2006, 09:10 PM
thats easy to say after the fact. but i will say ive used the souljahs accident (not really an accident) as ammo before. but that was more pertaining to his previous character isssues and obvious act of hot dogging. i can see where you might feel a need to get back at those who have benefitted from carsons injury but it was in the course of a game. i couldve hated derrick thomas (which i didnt) if i were a raidersfan, but would feel bad just the same. i would feel bad for carson just the same if he were injured outside of his job. but your point in digging up this thread is taken. (unfortunately it looks worse for you than anyone who initially posted in this thread.) good job :thumbsup:

I couldnt agree more.. And my appology is sincere.. Seriously.. I realize it was too early to joke about but what can I do now.. I take it back.. I know that might not make a difference.. I was definately out of line..

tony hipchest
06-12-2006, 10:38 PM
And my appology is sincere.. I know that might not make a difference.. i actually believe that. a man only has his word and i accept that for what it is, and it does make a difference. even when i see the point you were making, and an apology on a rival teams board may not have been in order, i dont see any hatred of ben in your posts.

Steel - X
06-13-2006, 09:44 AM
I couldnt agree more.. And my appology is sincere.. Seriously.. I realize it was too early to joke about but what can I do now.. I take it back.. I know that might not make a difference.. I was definately out of line..
Your apoligy is sincere I dont believe you. Lets take this outside. Seriously guys B-Brain is a good guy you just caught him at a really bad time the other day.

DIESELMAN
06-13-2006, 11:18 AM
Thats cool Bengal Brien and I'll apologize for the comments I made.....Tensions were high and nerves were a little rattled.....

BengalBrian
06-13-2006, 07:37 PM
Thats cool Bengal Brien and I'll apologize for the comments I made.....Tensions were high and nerves were a little rattled.....
Its all good.. The offseason drives me crazy! :)