PDA

View Full Version : we are completely in the Jets heads and under their skin

tony hipchest
01-22-2011, 01:39 AM
...without saying or doing anything.

are they headed for a complete meltdown?

rex ryan did good all week running no smack or talking shit, but you knew he couldnt resist the urge. he now wants to play the steelers 6 trophys too? way to diminish the steelers accomplishments rex. he does realize he may have a tough enough time dealing with the players who helped win 2 of them, right?

hines ward is in cromartie and revis heads. the rest of the team is ready to knock him out.

jason taylor is complaining about the turf and how it is gonna hurt the speed rushers. he is already advising his teammates about the slop and how to adjust.

good luck to nick folk.

also good luck to the california kid who will be making the start in the coldest weather he has ever played in.

nobody needs to remind the jets or even mention how their running backs will not be able to run.

and last but not least (and i love this part the best) we are going to completely erase their best player- who is also their only great player, from the game with a single player of our own. :tt02:

pete74
01-22-2011, 03:03 AM
the field shouldnt be bad. the high temp all weekend is around 17 so the ground has been frozen for a while and shouldnt come apart. i think it will be mostly a running game and obviously the steelers will win that because nobody can run on us. Sanchez is going to choke the second he takes his coat off

steeltheone
01-22-2011, 07:34 AM
...without saying or doing anything.

are they headed for a complete meltdown?

rex ryan did good all week running no smack or talking shit, but you knew he couldnt resist the urge. he now wants to play the steelers 6 trophys too? way to diminish the steelers accomplishments rex. he does realize he may have a tough enough time dealing with the players who helped win 2 of them, right?

hines ward is in cromartie and revis heads. the rest of the team is ready to knock him out.

jason taylor is complaining about the turf and how it is gonna hurt the speed rushers. he is already advising his teammates about the slop and how to adjust.

good luck to nick folk.

also good luck to the california kid who will be making the start in the coldest weather he has ever played in.

nobody needs to remind the jets or even mention how their running backs will not be able to run.

and last but not least (and i love this part the best) we are going to completely erase their best player- who is also their only great player, from the game with a single player of our own. :tt02:
Not sure how you can say this...Only because they beat us not so long ago.

Kanata-Steeler
01-22-2011, 08:21 AM
we better be, 'cause I'm sure "D" LeBeau has some nice vengeful defensive plays in his book to make up for our previous loss.

SacknificentStew56
01-22-2011, 08:23 AM
I hope they don't let Sanchez get another naked bootleg on us. I'm sure Silverback will contain the outside in the redzone this game. That's if they make it to the redzone.

Curtain_of_Steel
01-22-2011, 09:18 AM
Thats why Troy will be there... hopefully they don't get that close to the goal line.

Is sanchez a glove passer like Ben? If not I think Daddy Rex will be rubbing Sanchez hands and his feet tomorrow.

Rick5895
01-22-2011, 09:21 AM
I hope they don't let Sanchez get another naked bootleg on us. I'm sure Silverback will contain the outside in the redzone this game. That's if they make it to the redzone.

After that game James took full responsibilty for his mistake, daid he should have had the contain.
I hope they try it, because that will be the end of Sanchez, then bring on Brunell!!

:tt04:

FanSince72
01-22-2011, 09:48 AM
Since Ryan and the Jets are obviously resisting the urge to talk smack, they seem to have somehow gotten ESPN to do it for them.

I haven't actually done any counting, but I'll bet that they've played Bart Scott's "Can't Wait" rant at least a hundred times by now. In fact, Jim Rome has openly stated that it's his mission in life to play that clip as often as possible.

It does have a sort of "Get me home" ring to it and it's something the Jets have definitely latched on to. So while the Jets themselves are keeping things generally quiet, the media are definitely taking up the slack.

The one thing I DO like about all of this is that the media are pulling for the Jets so much that it almost makes us seem like underdogs and that's fine with me.

jfaulkNY
01-22-2011, 12:17 PM
i dont think either team is in each others heads. i doubt the jets are scared of the steelers, and i doubt the steelers are woried about the jets.

if any player on the jets is afraid i wouldnt want them on my team. rex hasnt talked any smack this week. he has basically been blowing the steelers all week. he wants to be like the steelers. he is jealous of them/

bigchuck
01-22-2011, 12:20 PM
i thought the bart scott clip was funny, definatly mid 90s wwf, the first thing i thought of was a macho man shoot interview

JiF
01-22-2011, 12:29 PM
The Jets are scared shitless. They dont stand a chance and everyone knows it. There's been talks of a forfeit.

steeltheone
01-22-2011, 12:40 PM
The Jets are scared shitless. They dont stand a chance and everyone knows it. There's been talks of a forfeit.

Why do you post trash like this?

JiF
01-22-2011, 12:42 PM

I speak the truth.

MikeHaullace
01-22-2011, 12:43 PM

Because he is a troll.

JiF
01-22-2011, 12:47 PM
Because he is a troll.

I'm a troll in the sense that I'm a Jets fan...but I'm not trolling. I'm agreeing with everyone in the world, there is no way the Jets win.

I've been rooting for this team all my life. I know these things.

43Hitman
01-22-2011, 12:50 PM
I'm a troll in the sense that I'm a Jets fan...but I'm not trolling. I'm agreeing with everyone in the world, there is no way the Jets win.

lol you sound like an educated browns fan. except you guys are actually good. lol

matrix1avp
01-22-2011, 01:04 PM
"Nobody runs on us." - right? I hear that 4,000 times every Sunday in Pittsburgh.

The Jets ran for a whole lot more than your average last time (>100). This time, it's going to be worse when Sanchez opens up the passing game on your injured secondary.
Jets fans all ready no / The Patriots were the best team in the NFL up to 4:30 Sunday afternoon. CAN'T WAIT

SteelCityMom
01-22-2011, 01:08 PM
"Nobody runs on us." - right? I hear that 4,000 times every Sunday in Pittsburgh.

The Jets ran for a whole lot more than your average last time (>100). This time, it's going to be worse when Sanchez opens up the passing game on your injured secondary.
Jets fans all ready no / The Patriots were the best team in the NFL up to 4:30 Sunday afternoon. CAN'T WAIT

Yes...they ran for 106 yards last time, and still only got one offensive TD from a Sanchez bootleg. You really want to brag about that? :doh:

Troy is back in. Don't expect those number to be that high again.

4xSBChamps
01-22-2011, 01:14 PM

"You think you're real smart. But you're not smart; you're dumb. Very dumb...

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/TV%20shows/ColonelFlagg.jpg

But you've met your match in me."

tony hipchest
01-22-2011, 01:40 PM
Not sure how you can say this...Only because they beat us not so long ago.

they werent whining about our turf, 6 trophies, or hines ward not so long ago.

43Hitman
01-22-2011, 01:46 PM
they werent whining about our turf, 6 trophies, or hines ward not so long ago.

You're right, actually they didn't say a word that week. Its pretty obvious that they are distracted this time though.

matrix1avp
01-22-2011, 04:27 PM
"You think you're real smart. But you're not smart; you're dumb. Very dumb...

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/TV%20shows/ColonelFlagg.jpg

But you've met your match in me."

Every Steelers fan in the Burgh was rooting for the Jets. I had countless Steeler fans patting me on the back and saying "Good Luck." I appreciate the sentiment, but I know where it comes from.

Winning in Foxboro is a lot harder than winning in Heinz Field. Even if it is the playoffs.

I hope they break open the glass cases at Heinz and put the 6 trophies on the field and see if they can block better than your tackles / It will be a great game. I will be at Heinz Field with an entourage of Jets fans leading the charge / and yes I am smart very smart

Riddle_Of_Steel
01-22-2011, 04:52 PM

The Jets ran for a whole lot more than your average last time (>100).

Yes, you managed a whole 3.2 YPC and 106 yards by committee on a run-first offense.....and scored 1 offensive TD, calling that pedestrian even would be a joke. 14 of your 22 points came off of flukey stuff (QB gadget play, kick return) that you cannot count on to consistently win you games.

This time, it's going to be worse when Sanchez opens up the passing game on your injured secondary.

You are joking, right? WHen Sanchize "opens up the passing game", interceptions soon follow. He is without a doubt, THE WORST QB in the NFL. He has an elite corps of WRs that make him look better than he is, and even still, he has like a 53% completion percentage this season. His passes are always almost on the ground, or two feet over the receiver's heads (that is, in the rare instances when he actually throws it to somebody other than one of his checkdowns).

The Jets were lucky to catch the Patriots after a first round bye, just as the Ravens were lucky to pull Pittsburgh after a first round bye (only we took care of business, unlike NE). That week off is NOT an advantage in my book. Never has been. We barely scraped by the Chargers in 2008 after our first round bye. Matter of factly, we were the only home team to win the divisional weekend.

The Steelers are a differnt team with a different QB than the two statues your guys just beat. The Patriots are an otherwise 8-8 team with a really badass QB, their defense stinks, their offenss stinks without Brady. The Colts this year were about one injury away from being an 8-8 team. The Steelers were missing Heath Miller and Troy Polamalu last time we played.

The Jets are gonna have to be able to climb Mount Everest walking backwards tomorrow to win at Heinz. The Steelers are well rested, charged up after a HUGE win last week, and have their marquee playmakers back in the lineup.

:tt04::tt04::tt04::tt04:

Riddle_Of_Steel
01-22-2011, 05:00 PM
Winning in Foxboro is a lot harder than winning in Heinz Field. Even if it is the playoffs.

No, not really, not according to the numbers.

The Patriots are 0-3 in their last three postseason games at home(dating back as far as 2007), the Steelers are 2-1 at home with an overall 4-1 postseason record and a Superbowl victory since that same timeframe....

Also, the matchups of your team verses the Pats are much better. The Pats do NOT have an elite defense that is capable of taking away your running game and forcing Checkdown Sanchez to give the game away to the other team with his ugly-azz passes. They have a timing-based offense that is can be disrupted using bump coverage and rushing the passer (exactly what your guys did, and exactly what the D coordinators of both your team, our team, and the Bears knew they had to do to win against them in if we saw them in the postseason).

The Steelers' only weakness is their secondary (but sorry, Sanchize is not the QB to expose that at all), and Oline (Suggs had a career game last week against us, and we still won). Your team lacks the needed weapons to exploit either of those.

Steelboy84
01-22-2011, 05:06 PM
Is it Sunday yet?

Foreign Alphabet
01-22-2011, 05:10 PM
Is it Sunday yet?

Haha right? The week started out all right, now the stupid threads and posts (coughriddleofsteelcough)

The game is going to be good, and its going to be smashmouth, and i'm ready for all this talk to stop!

4xSBChamps
01-22-2011, 05:55 PM
I will be at Heinz Field with an entourage of Jets fans leading the charge

'entourage'?

all 6 of you???

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/movies/ZANG.jpg

Atlanta Dan
01-22-2011, 06:18 PM
I will be at Heinz Field with an entourage of Jets fans leading the charge / and yes I am smart very smart

Matrix1avp and friends as they prepare to depart for Heinz
http://randomrants.umwblogs.org/files/2008/11/entourage.jpg

TurkJetFan
01-22-2011, 06:23 PM
what gives you in impression your in anyones head? your post did nothing to back up that point..

sorry..but your not

tfcarlson
01-22-2011, 06:38 PM
nothing makes me happier than to see and underachieving team like the JETS show their weak state leading up to the big game. the more talk that comes out of their locker room, the better. Mark Sanchez has the weight of his entitled teammates on his shoulders. i'm ready to see if he buckles under the pressure or not.

p.s. check out this infographic (definitely the most visually straightforward i've seen) illustrating the strengths and weaknesses of the playoff teams in 2011. a must see:

http://infojocks.tumblr.com/post/2585227406/were-going-to-run-a-few-small-graphics-this-week

matrix1avp
01-22-2011, 07:05 PM
By Melissa Jacobs Melissa Jacobs is founder of the award-winning NFL site, ... The best offensive line in the league (Jets) And the edge in defense goes to ... the Jets: But barely. The Steelers had the best defense in the league during the regular season. But the Jets are coming off two sensational games in which they contained the two best quarterbacks in the league.

The pick isn't based on the better defense. It's based on which defense has a better chance of slowing down the opposing offense. Given that scenario, the Jets get the nod.

:hatsoff:

SteelCityMom
01-22-2011, 07:09 PM
By Melissa Jacobs Melissa Jacobs is founder of the award-winning NFL site, ... The best offensive line in the league (Jets) And the edge in defense goes to ... the Jets: But barely. The Steelers had the best defense in the league during the regular season. But the Jets are coming off two sensational games in which they contained the two best quarterbacks in the league.

The pick isn't based on the better defense. It's based on which defense has a better chance of slowing down the opposing offense. Given that scenario, the Jets get the nod.

:hatsoff:

Who? You're quoting a blogger? :noidea:

Okay.

fer522
01-22-2011, 08:46 PM
Who? You're quoting a blogger? :noidea:

i guess we're done then :tt03:

LVSteelersfan
01-22-2011, 09:24 PM
Bloggers know everything. They are much smarter than message board posters. Yeah right. I truly believe everything a BLOGGER says. 10 to 1 this blogger disappears after the Steelers destroy the Jets tomorrow.

Fire Arians
01-22-2011, 09:38 PM
the jets just got lucky last week. in the wildcard round they struggled to beat a weak indy team that was decimated by injuries. Their road is coming to an end this sunday.

matrix1avp
01-23-2011, 12:55 PM
-
AFC Championship Game who wins and why
Score: 168January 18, 2011 5:08 pm

I won't give any score prediction like the homerish ameuters do, but I will give reasons as to why the Jets win and possibly win big;

1) Steelers o-line vs. Jets front 3. Shaun Ellis, Sione Pouha, and Mike DeVito are playing lights out and are getting pressure without the blitzes. Throw in Jason Taylor and Calvin Pace, and it's a long day for Ben Roethlisberger
2) Jets just beat two great QB's in Peyton Manning and Tom Brady in back to back weeks and on the road. What's one more road game in a stadium they actually looked comfortable playing in??
3) Jets offensive weapons are too much for the back 4. You can't single cover both Santonio Holmes and Vraylon Edwards, and if you do, Mark Sanchez will chew you up in the middle with Dustin Keller, Jerricho Cotchery, and LaDainian Tomlinson.
4) Darrelle Revis- enough said. He shut down Reggie Wayne and Deion Branch in back to back weeks. Whoever he is onm, will get shut down. And a bigger issue?? The Jets are moving him around in coverage.
5) Jets offensive line is in sync, and Wayne Hunter is proving to be more mobile and athletic than the guy who he replaced in Damien Woody. Jets are the only team to rush for 100 yards this year against the Steelers.
6) The similarities between Sanchez and Ben. Both are the only QB's to go to the AFC Championship game in their first two seasons in the league. Both started out 4-1, and both got their victories on the road. Both started their careers the same way.
7) Jets are better on the road than at home, and play better when they are the underdog than the favorite.
8) Special teams advantage goes to the Jets, as does the field position battle.
9) Destiny!!!
10) Green Kool-Aid. We gots it, you don't!!! :flap:

SteelCityMom
01-23-2011, 01:02 PM
-
AFC Championship Game who wins and why
Score: 168January 18, 2011 5:08 pm

I won't give any score prediction like the homerish ameuters do, but I will give reasons as to why the Jets win and possibly win big;

1) Steelers o-line vs. Jets front 3. Shaun Ellis, Sione Pouha, and Mike DeVito are playing lights out and are getting pressure without the blitzes. Throw in Jason Taylor and Calvin Pace, and it's a long day for Ben Roethlisberger
2) Jets just beat two great QB's in Peyton Manning and Tom Brady in back to back weeks and on the road. What's one more road game in a stadium they actually looked comfortable playing in??
3) Jets offensive weapons are too much for the back 4. You can't single cover both Santonio Holmes and Vraylon Edwards, and if you do, Mark Sanchez will chew you up in the middle with Dustin Keller, Jerricho Cotchery, and LaDainian Tomlinson.
4) Darrelle Revis- enough said. He shut down Reggie Wayne and Deion Branch in back to back weeks. Whoever he is onm, will get shut down. And a bigger issue?? The Jets are moving him around in coverage.
5) Jets offensive line is in sync, and Wayne Hunter is proving to be more mobile and athletic than the guy who he replaced in Damien Woody. Jets are the only team to rush for 100 yards this year against the Steelers.
6) The similarities between Sanchez and Ben. Both are the only QB's to go to the AFC Championship game in their first two seasons in the league. Both started out 4-1, and both got their victories on the road. Both started their careers the same way.
7) Jets are better on the road than at home, and play better when they are the underdog than the favorite.
8) Special teams advantage goes to the Jets, as does the field position battle.
9) Destiny!!!
10) Green Kool-Aid. We gots it, you don't!!! :flap:

To the bolded statement...no they're not. The Pats*** did too.

Yeah, whatever blogger you copied and pasted this from isn't being homerish at all. :chuckle:

They also need to learn how to edit (along with fact check). Who's Vraylon? :sofunny:

They've got green kool-aid alright. Keep drinking it.