PDA

View Full Version : delmon young throws bat at umpire.

tony hipchest
04-28-2006, 04:38 PM
has anyone seen this yet? tampa bay minor leager (#1 pick a few years ago) and brother of demetrius young chucked a bat at an ump. he didnt just toss it. luckilly it didnt hit his face or the ump woulda been k.o.ed. dude needs to be suspended for the year.

83-Steelers-43
04-28-2006, 04:46 PM
Yeah I saw that. Not the first time this kid got in trouble with an ump. On another occasion he chest bumped an ump. Kid needs to learn how to control himself.

BBC
04-28-2006, 05:01 PM
Have you heard his statement about the run-in with the ump?

He was "in the heat of the moment."

Yeah, in the heat of the moment in the first inning. This won't be the last time the kid get's a call he doesn't like, he has got a lot of growing up to do.

Ambridge
04-28-2006, 07:03 PM
I just seen it a few minutes ago on the local sports report and I agree with tony that this guy needs to be suspended for a significant period of time.

This is the type of behavior that warrants a punishment where Young is made an example of.

It's sad to say but I honestly believe that with some of the younger jerk athletes entering into advanced level sports you're going to see players throwing balls, bats and etc. at the officials.........and I think it's not too far fetched to think that we'll start seeing physical assaults on umpires and referees from players when they feel they've gotten bad calls.

SteelerDan43
04-28-2006, 10:16 PM
It's the umpire's fault. That was a ticky-tacky strike. Sure it was a strike according to the rulebook, but he should have let it go and called it a ball, instead of screwing Young over and stealing a strikeout for the pitcher.

There is still no room to throw a bat at an ump, he intentionally tried to hit him with a bat!!! he will most likely be suspended a minimum of 50 games

tony hipchest
04-28-2006, 10:33 PM
There is still no room to throw a bat at an ump, he intentionally tried to hit him with a bat!!! he will most likely be suspended a minimum of 50 games

bestbank was being sarcastic.

SteelerDan43
04-28-2006, 11:46 PM
whoops my bad

clevestinks
04-29-2006, 09:07 AM
I say take away his right to make millions, Banned. That will make everyone take notice!

Prosdo
04-29-2006, 10:47 AM
Jeez if you want to throw your bat throw it at the ground. Not the ump. What was he thinking! He has to carry himself better than that.