PDA

View Full Version : Obama: Go, Jets!

Steelerfan58
01-22-2011, 05:46 AM
Everyone knows President Obama isn't really a New York Jets fan, but he'll be rooting for them on Sunday -- along with his hometown Chicago Bears.

Speaking at a General Electric plant in Schenectady, N.Y., this afternoon, Obama joked that New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo tried to give him a Jets hat, but "I had to refuse it. I had Secret Service confiscate it."

Still, he said, he would root for the Jets this Sunday in their game against the Pittsburgh Steelers, just as he'll root for the Bears against the Green Bay Packers, for the right to play in the Super Bowl next month.

"I will say both the Jets and the Bears, I think, are slight underdogs, so we're going to be rooting for the underdogs on Sunday," Obama said

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/theoval/post/2011/01/obama-go-jets/1

zsheik22
01-22-2011, 05:55 AM
Haha..... our president is a band wagon fan

iamfirmin
01-22-2011, 06:23 AM
I dont care WHAT HE THINKS..

he should concentrate on running the country.. oh i forgot he doesnt KNOW HOW

:tt03: GO STEELERS

pete74
01-22-2011, 06:31 AM
the last time we won the super bowl he was rooting for the steelers. he said steelers were his 2nd favorite team only to the bears

SacknificentStew56
01-22-2011, 07:47 AM
Maybe he can pull Rex aside and ask him for foot fetish tips for Michelle when his Jets visit the White House during their Super Bowl champs visit. But we all know that's not gonna happen.

grward
01-22-2011, 08:15 AM
the last time we won the super bowl he was rooting for the steelers. he said steelers were his 2nd favorite team only to the bears

And it was spoken like a true politician ... he lied. Imagine that.

Kanata-Steeler
01-22-2011, 08:18 AM
...he already said he was a Bears' fan, didn't he? or, he is wafflin' :)

4xSBChamps
01-22-2011, 08:23 AM
"... the Jets have fans...

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/political/Obamapontificating.jpg

... in all 57 States..."

Curtain_of_Steel
01-22-2011, 09:10 AM
Does it get any better than this?

This clown has not had a credible vote in years, lol

SH-Rock
01-22-2011, 09:12 AM
Well look at it this way. We're rooting for the Steelers to win obviously this week and the Bears. True we rather win against the Packers, but the Bears are an easier important due to their flaws. Same thing with Obama, he would love a Steelers-Bears game, but who wants to face the Steelers when you can face the Jets?

Atlanta Dan
01-22-2011, 09:15 AM
Mods - any thought of moving this thread to the Locker Room?

Steelerfan58
01-22-2011, 10:05 AM

Cloud you explian to the rest of us why you fill this post needs to be moved ? and on what grounds?:noidea:

caseyviator
01-22-2011, 10:22 AM
JUST ONE MORE reason I HATE THE ANTI CHRIST OBAMAA OR WHATEVER HIS NAME IS,,,.....OPEN SNIPER SCOPE ENGAGE CROSSHAIRS.......watch the devil run with the jets hahahhaaa runs nowhere!!! just like the jets....steelers shoot them down
37-23

43Hitman
01-22-2011, 10:25 AM
JUST ONE MORE reason I HATE THE ANTI CHRIST OBAMAA OR WHATEVER HIS NAME IS,,,.....OPEN SNIPER SCOPE ENGAGE CROSSHAIRS.......watch the devil run with the jets hahahhaaa runs nowhere!!! just like the jets....steelers shoot them down
37-23

Dude, keep your rhetoric to the locker room.

43Hitman
01-22-2011, 10:25 AM
Cloud you explian to the rest of us why you fill this post needs to be moved ? and on what grounds?:noidea:

Because this thread is doomed to turn into a political flame fest.

Steelerfan58
01-22-2011, 10:32 AM
Because this thread is doomed to turn into a political flame fest.

So I am guessing you were equally offended by the many post declaring Obama is a Steeler fan? and you called for those post to be moved as well?

chacha
01-22-2011, 10:36 AM
Ha! James Harrison was right all along!

Acutally, The prez is a smart guy, he's never made a secret that the Bears are his favorites since he lived there. Of course he's gonna root for the team that the Bears have a better chance of beating if they get to the SB!!

:tt04:

43Hitman
01-22-2011, 10:39 AM
So I am guessing you were equally offended by the many post declaring Obama is a Steeler fan? and you called for those post to be moved as well?

Actually my political opinion has no bearing on where this thread is headed. If you want to know where I stand politically, go read some threads in the Locker Room.

TRH
01-22-2011, 10:40 AM
i can't stand this guy....not only for his pathetic presidency.....but he stand up during the primaries proclaiming his "love for the Steelers". Then he proclaims his "love for the Bears". Now he's "rooting for the Jets"
Is he going to go through all the NFL teams and play this game? I understand his catering to each city, but he's pretty much acting as if "each and every team in the NFL is his favorite team".

43Hitman
01-22-2011, 10:40 AM
Also, see post 13 on this very page if you don't think this thread is going to go down hill.

mesaSteeler
01-22-2011, 10:45 AM

I think it should be moved as well and for the reason that 43Hitman gave. I'm totally uninterested it talking about or reading about politics this weekend.

SteelCityMom
01-22-2011, 10:58 AM
Sorry, but yeah...it's gonna have to go to the locker room. Nothing personal, but it has little to nothing to do with the Steelers and is just going to turn into an all out Obama flame fest.

Curtain_of_Steel
01-22-2011, 10:59 AM
Like a bunch of nazis patrolling, lol

Mods thought on moving this to the locker room, LOL

We have a president who many others voted for, picking the jets over the steelers. Why in the world would this be classified as locker room talk? Brother O is not going into the Steeler locker room, lol. this is steeler talk, not locker room(wahetev classifies something as locker room mumbo jumobo is beyond me, lol There must be a book on someplace on this.

I would prefer he stays a Bears fan than we can beat their ass'es in 2 weeks. Perhaps a bet with Boehner and Bro O?

You step down if the Steelers win? I'll step down if the Bears win!

stlrtruck
01-22-2011, 11:05 AM
I didn't approve of his policies when he took office and I don't approve of this one either. Just goes to show he'll say whatever he needs to say to win over a crowd. I'm willing to bet if the coward was in the Pittsburgh area he would have said he was going for the Steelers.

Bottom line, if you want to lead you need to stand by your convictions! If I were the Rooney's I'd be asking for the jersey back that they gave him in 08.

43Hitman
01-22-2011, 11:05 AM

We have a president who many others voted for, picking the jets over the steelers. Why in the world would this be classified as locker room talk? Brother O is not going into the Steeler locker room, lol. this is steeler talk, not locker room(wahetev classifies something as locker room mumbo jumobo is beyond me, lol There must be a book on someplace on this.

I would prefer he stays a Bears fan than we can beat their ass'es in 2 weeks. Perhaps a bet with Boehner and Bro O?

First of all, shame on you for even considering comparing the Mods to Nazi's. The things those people did were atrocious and their acts should NEVER be minimized. Secondly, all you have to do is read post 13 of this thread to see where its headed.

SteelCityMom
01-22-2011, 11:08 AM

The Locker Room section of this forum is for political discussion, off topic threads and things of that nature. I'm not sure why it's that hard of a concept to understand.

How is Obama rooting for the Jets pertinent to Steelers discussion anyway...especially when it will (and has) turn into nothing but politics bashing?

It's not even your thread...why the hell do you care?

Oh, and thanks for comparing me to a nazi for moving a thread on a message board. Kudos to you guy.

Steelerfan58
01-22-2011, 11:14 AM
Wow I did not think this site had heavy handed mods very disappointing. The President of the United States that claimed to be a Lifelong Steeler fan now says he is not, and this is not Steelers talk? If this is offending some individuals then In all fairness I would like to respectfully request that the mods remove all political oriented avatars and names that we see throughout the forum.

SteelCityMom
01-22-2011, 11:18 AM
Wow I did not think this site had heavy handed mods very disappointing. The President of the United States that claimed to be a Lifelong Steeler fan now says he is not, and this is not Steelers talk? If this is offending some individuals then In all fairness I would like to respectfully request that the mods remove all political oriented avatars and names that we see throughout the forum.

Heavy handed mods? Are you kidding? You've been here since '07...I'm assuming you know who the old mods were. They would have banned you for questioning them like this...after moving your thread here, where I feel it belongs for reasons already mentioned.

We've been letting people get away with murder this week.

I'll explain it to you again, then go back and read some of the posts so you get the picture a little bit more. This thread will turn into an Obama flame fest and has little to nothing to do with the Steelers. The main Steelers discussion forum is already cluttered enough, it doesn't need political flame-festing mixed in there.

And nobody is going to remove any avatars, names sigs whatever. You're taking this way too far and way too personally. If you don't like it, sorry...get over it.

43Hitman
01-22-2011, 11:22 AM

Dude you have 18 posts in 4 freaking years, and you want to tell the Mods how to do their job? :doh:Get over yourself.

Steelerfan58
01-22-2011, 11:37 AM
So your saying it is ok for some people to be politically offended but not others? And how is that decision made? Because I have found some very offensive names and avatars that are political in nature throughout this site.

Also I disagree strongly that this is not Steeler related news. The NFL channel deemed it news worthy. You are honestly saying that the President is picking the jets to win over the Steelers is not Steeler worthy news?

So let me get this clear your are saying that if I start a tread and a few people make out of line comments then you have the right to move or delete my post based on random responses even though the initial post was valid and well within the context and rules of the discussion? That's Censorship plain and simple.

SteelCityMom
01-22-2011, 11:47 AM
So your saying it is ok for some people to be politically offended but not others? And how is that decision made? Because I have found some very offensive names and avatars that are political in nature throughout this site.

Also I disagree strongly that this is not Steeler related news. The NFL channel deemed it news worthy. You are honestly saying that the President is picking the jets to win over the Steelers is not Steeler worthy news?

So let me get this clear your are saying that if I start a tread and a few people make out of line comments then you have the right to move or delete my post based on random responses even though the initial post was valid and well within the context and rules of the discussion? That's Censorship plain and simple.

My god...talk about taking it too far.

I've already explained to you twice why it was moved, if you don't like it, that's not my problem. It has nothing to do with being politically offended...it has to do with where the thread discussion is going to go, and it's going to be nothing but political bashing. I don't care what anyone's political affiliation is (which is also why I don't care about political names or avatars), but nobody wants their political and football discussions mixed together.

You are not being censored. Get over yourself.

43Hitman
01-22-2011, 11:50 AM

lolu

Steelerfan58
01-22-2011, 11:55 AM
My god...talk about taking it too far.

I've already explained to you twice why it was moved, if you don't like it, that's not my problem. It has nothing to do with being politically offended...it has to do with where the thread discussion is going to go, and it's going to be nothing but political bashing. I don't care what anyone's political affiliation is (which is also why I don't care about political names or avatars), but nobody wants their politics and football mixed together.

You are not being censored. Get over yourself.

And that why when I come here to read I do not wish to see names like IHATESARAPALIN Or avatars with Omama or Bush on them when I am in the Steeler forum. I am there to read up on the latest news not be stressed by political agenda's. How can you not see its the same thing? If your going to mod then be fare and mod the forum fairly for all users that is all I am asking.

SteelCityMom
01-22-2011, 12:01 PM
And that why when I come here to read I do not wish to see names like IHATESARAPALIN Or avatars with Omama or Bush on them when I am in the Steeler forum I am there to read up on the latest news not be stressed by political agenda's. How can you not see its the same thing? If your going to mod then be fare and mod the forum fairly for all users that is all I am saying.

Because those user names and avatars aren't derogatory in any way. If you're offended by them that's not my problem. Maybe you just need to grow a thicker skin. Besides, those people don't bring their political agendas into their actual posts. They post about football in the appropriate places and about politics in the appropriate places.

AGAIN...I moved the thread because in a very short time it stopped having anything at all to do with the Steelers or even the Jets for that matter and became about politics...and I guarantee it would keep heading in that direction.

IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ANYONE BEING OFFENDED.

That's why it's not the same thing. If it bothers you that much, go somewhere else, because I'm not moving it back.

43Hitman
01-22-2011, 12:03 PM
And that why when I come here to read I do not wish to see names like IHATESARAPALIN Or avatars with Omama or Bush on them when I am in the Steeler forum. I am there to read up on the latest news not be stressed by political agenda's. How can you not see its the same thing? If your going to mod then be fare and mod the forum fairly for all users that is all I am asking.

What, you bitching about being censored(when your not I might add) while asking to censor other members.

You do know that this is a privately owned board and as a Mod, SCM can censor anything she wants. Although she isn't, she and the other mods very well could. I really don't understand what your problem is, I mean its not like the thread got deleted, it just got moved to a more appropriate place. And judging your reaction, she was right.

so again, lolu

Steelerfan58
01-22-2011, 12:15 PM
What, you bitching about being censored(when your not I might add) while asking to censor other members.

You do know that this is a privately owned board and as a Mod, SCM can censor anything she wants. Although she isn't, she and the other mods very well could. I really don't understand what your problem is, I mean its not like the thread got deleted, it just got moved to a more appropriate place. And judging your reaction, she was right.

so again, lolu

1st off I am not bitching I am discussing, secondly why are you getting so involved in a discussion between myself and the mod? I think she is more than capable to debate this on the merits without your involvement. Oh and now I see how you have such a high post count in this site and others. LOL counts as a full post that just don't seem fare.

sarahpalinhater
01-22-2011, 12:38 PM
People please,,,who cares who a politician roots for ? I mean they are ALL Self-serving. Whether it's a Dem like Obama, or a conservative weenie like Bush.
It's not gonna make a difference on how our steelers approach the game, is it ? :noidea:

Who Obama roots for tomorrow, well....I don't care!

Here we go Steelers.....Here we GO!!!! :tt04::tt::tt03::tt02:

43Hitman
01-22-2011, 12:41 PM

1st off I am not bitching I am discussing, secondly why are you getting so involved in a discussion between myself and the mod? I think she is more than capable to debate this on the merits without your involvement. Oh and now I see how you have such a high post count in this site and others. LOL counts as a full post that just don't seem fare.

You engaged me pal, then went on a crying fest about being censored. So I figured it would be fun to see you get all lathered up. :chuckle:

Steelerfan58
01-22-2011, 12:54 PM
You engaged me pal, then went on a crying fest about being censored. So I figured it would be fun to see you get all lathered up. :chuckle:

I am not your Dude or your Pal, and you were the one that started crying about the post and most likely ran off to get a mod. And as far as getting "lathered up" if light hearted chatting in a sports forum gets you "lathered up" then you have some issues going on there, this is relaxing.

SteelCityMom
01-22-2011, 01:03 PM
I am not your Dude or your Pal, and you were the one that started crying about the post and most likely ran off to get a mod. And as far as getting "lathered up" if light hearted chatting in a sports forum gets you "lathered up" then you have some issues going on there, this is relaxing.

Nobody "ran off to get a mod". I try to read all the threads here.

tony hipchest
01-22-2011, 01:28 PM
political topics, discussions, threads about politicians belong in the Locker Room.

people need to learn the rules before they concern themselves with how we enforce them.

prime example-

a LONG time ago when i started a thread about art and dan ROONEY'S democratic affiliation, i correctly started it in the locker room, instead of the steelers main forum (even they are the owners of the pittsburgh steelers)

its really not that difficult of a concept to follow.

only a pea brained numbskull doesnt get it.

3rdandlong
01-22-2011, 01:51 PM

Obama is such a liar. I wouldn't care if the Steelers weren't his second favorite team

Steelboy84
01-22-2011, 02:54 PM

Which makes it strange he's rooting for the Jets. :noidea:

SteelKnight
01-22-2011, 02:58 PM

I know. lol Politicians are phony. He probably just said this Jets thing because he was in NY.

He probably doesn't even like the Bears. Politicians are forced to root for the local team or stupid people will vote against them. It sounds stupid but people are just that stupid.

tony hipchest
01-22-2011, 03:00 PM
national politicians should not be allowed to root for ANY teams because other teams fans get WAY too butt-hurt (as seen in this thread).

stlrtruck
01-22-2011, 03:08 PM
national politicians should not be allowed to root for ANY teams because other teams fans get WAY too butt-hurt (as seen in this thread).

I have no problem if they root for a team, I just wish they would stand by their convictions. Hell when he was up for election he was in Pittsburgh waving his terrible towel and gladly accepting his Steelers jersey...those should be repossessed at this juncture.

chacha
01-22-2011, 03:14 PM
holy crap why are some getting their pantes in a bunch over this being moved? And who cares really, he always said he was a Bears fan first. He doesnt want his team to meet the better team, makes sense!! And to say the mods are heavy handed is nuts, they are a breath of fresh air over what used to be here. This is a good thread for the locker toom

tony hipchest
01-22-2011, 03:17 PM
I have no problem if they root for a team, I just wish they would stand by their convictions. Hell when he was up for election he was in Pittsburgh waving his terrible towel and gladly accepting his Steelers jersey...those should be repossessed at this juncture.

i know! he should also take back all the nice things he said about the steelers franchise when they visited the whitehouse because they were all obviously lies. :rolleyes:

anyways this thread (...:yawn:...) is now in its right place.

you all have as much fun with it that your wittle hearts desire. :tt02:

i find the topic so 2008, played out, and rather boring, especially considering what tomorrow brings.

(and thanks for the compliment, chacha)

Fire Arians
01-22-2011, 08:18 PM
he's just trying to win new york voters

caplovestroyp43
01-22-2011, 11:02 PM
I dont care WHAT HE THINKS..

he should concentrate on running the country.. oh i forgot he doesnt KNOW HOW

:tt03: GO STEELERS

Who yeah!!! You go brother! I HATE that man!! He's a communist in sheeps clothing.

:mad::mad::mad:

caplovestroyp43
01-22-2011, 11:03 PM
i know! he should also take back all the nice things he said about the steelers franchise when they visited the whitehouse because they were all obviously lies. :rolleyes:

anyways this thread (...:yawn:...) is now in its right place.

you all have as much fun with it that your wittle hearts desire. :tt02:

i find the topic so 2008, played out, and rather boring, especially considering what tomorrow brings.

(and thanks for the compliment, chacha)

Well EVERYTHING that comes out of that man's mouth is a lie! :mad:

SteelKnight
01-23-2011, 12:44 AM
You know what I just thought of? Maybe Obama is not just being a phony. Maybe he wants the best chance for his Bears to win the SB. It's the same reason I am rooting for the Bears even though i like Aaron Rogers story. I want an easier Superbowl opponent.

So he can't say it but I'm sure he knows the best chance for his Bears to win it all is to face the Jets.

It makes total sense now.

SteelKnight
01-23-2011, 12:49 AM
holy crap why are some getting their pantes in a bunch over this being moved? And who cares really, he always said he was a Bears fan first. He doesnt want his team to meet the better team, makes sense!! And to say the mods are heavy handed is nuts, they are a breath of fresh air over what used to be here. This is a good thread for the locker toom

It took me a while to think of this...duh...I think you are right.

It would be like the Seahawks facing the Saints in the NFC Championship game and you ask me who I want to win and I say ...It would be nice to see the underdog win...lol Why would I want my Steelers to face the Saints.

What he should have said that would have given it away is "If my Bears win, I'll root for the Jets because it would be nice to have both underdogs face each other (lol), but if the Bears lose, I'll root for the Steelers."

Atlanta Dan
01-23-2011, 08:39 AM

It was turning into a discussion about the President on matters unrelated to football rather than his prediction on the game - although you apparently have been a member since 2007 you were not an active poster when this board blew up over discussions about Obama under the previous regime - I was and have the scars to show for those firefights - I have made a point to stay away from the politics discussions since my return from 2 years in exile ( I was banned Election Night 2008 by a mod who backed the losing team that night) and that is what this thread in the Steelers section devolved into

More power to anyone who wants to discuss the pros and cons of Obama but IMO there is a section here for folks who want to do that

I guess the mods agreed with me - all I did was raise the question
:drink:

deathrow821
01-25-2011, 10:34 AM
Everything Obama touches turns to crap. He picked Kansas to win the National Title, that didn't work. Picked the Jets, nope. Picked the Bears, nu-uh. And then there's of course him trying to "fix" America. How did that work for you Mr. President?

El Nino
01-25-2011, 12:40 PM
that's it i'm voting republican

lionslicer
01-25-2011, 02:20 PM
Seems this year Obama's picks have failed, so lets hope he is rooting for the Packers

Dino 6 Rings
01-25-2011, 02:32 PM
Seems this year Obama's picks have failed, so lets hope he is rooting for the Packers

I agree 100% I hope he says something about "looking forward to meeting the Packers" next week after what Charles Woodsen said about "if he won't come watch us, we'll go to him"

I really hope he says something like that...curse them...it can't hurt.