PDA

View Full Version : Cromartie takes jab at Steelers' Ward

MasterOfPuppets
01-22-2011, 08:20 AM
A week after calling out Tom Brady, New York Jets (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/team/new-york-jets/67057) cornerback Antonio Cromartie (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/player/antonio-cromartie/401259) is riled up about Pittsburgh's Hines Ward (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/player/hines-ward/70572).
During an interview Friday on SportsNet New York, Cromartie says the Steelers (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/team/pittsburgh-steelers/67067) wide receiver is not ''man enough to hit you when you're looking at him.'' Ward is widely considered one of the league's most aggressive receivers, with some opponents calling him dirty.
Cromartie says he doesn't consider Ward dirty, but ''I know for a fact that he will hit you while you're not looking.''
The comments come a week after Cromartie stirred things up when he called Brady an expletive leading up to the Jets' 28-21 playoff win at New England.
The Jets (13-5) and Steelers (13-4) play in the AFC championship Sunday night.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/New-York-Jets-Antonio-Cromartie-takes-swipe-at-Pittsburgh-Steelers-HInes-Ward-012111

MasterOfPuppets
01-22-2011, 08:21 AM
i'd giggle my ass off if he earholed crotardy.

StainlessStill
01-22-2011, 08:29 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/New-York-Jets-Antonio-Cromartie-takes-swipe-at-Pittsburgh-Steelers-HInes-Ward-012111

Yeah, and all of those defensive players hit those quarterbacks without them looking as well, even breaking some peoples nose's! It's football, I can't tell you how many crack-back, blindsides hits I've made in a football game. It's the difference between winning and losing. Stop being a little girl, Cromartie.

Ever see Hines run block head on? Dude's a maniac.

SteeleReign
01-22-2011, 08:57 AM
Yeah, and all of those defensive players hit those quarterbacks without them looking as well, even breaking some peoples nose's! It's football, I can't tell you how many crack-back, blindsides hits I've made in a football game. It's the difference between winning and losing. Stop being a little girl, Cromartie.

Yep. Just ask Ed Reed. :applaudit:

cloppbeast
01-22-2011, 09:20 AM
I'm going to laugh when Hines knocks Cromartie on his ass.

Cromartie really isn't very intelligent. Talking shit at Brady is one thing, but this is an entirely different animal. Didn't he see Hines break that guys jaw?

caseyviator
01-22-2011, 09:26 AM

Yep. Just ask Ed Reed. :applaudit:

yea and they flagged him 15 yards for hittin to hard hhahahahhah ..what a joke penalty that was...

SteeleReign
01-22-2011, 09:30 AM
[QUOTE=SteeleReign;902446]

yea and they flagged him 15 yards for hittin to hard hhahahahhah ..what a joke penalty that was...

Yeah, that was crap. But the better block was later on a run where Hines blocked/pushed Ed 15 yards down the field and all Eddie could do was throw his hands up in the air and cry for a penalty.

What did Hines do as he headed back to the huddle? ----> :chuckle:

Third Rail
01-22-2011, 09:38 AM
I love Hines response when they asked him about this a few years back. I think it was something like "It's the NFL. Be ready."

I really don't see what the big deal is. I mean, you're allowed to pummel any quarterback not named Tom Brady into the ground on a blind side hit... why the hell should defensive backs get a pass?

stlrtruck
01-22-2011, 10:04 AM
What kills me about all these defensive player whining about how hard Hines Ward hits him is the fact that if the shoe was on the other foot and a defensive player was returning an INT or Fumble that they would earhole anyone in the way of said player getting more yards.

SeinfeldNut
01-22-2011, 10:08 AM
He just better pray that Wallace, Sanders or Brown don't go by him and go 70 yards for a TD. ..

BehindSteelCurtain
01-22-2011, 10:49 AM
Let Cromartie be worried about talking trash about Hines Ward......If I were him I'd be more concerned about the man hes covering.

Atlanta Dan
01-22-2011, 11:09 AM
Jets D-coordinator gets in on the trash talking

Defensive coordinator Mike Pettine said the Jets refer to Ward as "the toughest player in the league, when no one's looking"
http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=6046723

The players have to back up the trash talking on the field - surprised to hear this nonsense as well from what is supposed to pass for adult supervision on that team

jfaulkNY
01-22-2011, 11:20 AM
coming from a jets fan i have to say cromartie is a pus, and i suppose he needs to talk trash to play remotely well. i dont understand how cromartie said hes gonna hit Ward to shut him up..

bigchuck
01-22-2011, 11:25 AM
i assure you crom will not hit ward, the guy doesnt even like to tackle let alone hit someone. and you know hes worried about hines taking a shot at him or he wouldnt of said this.

Kingmagyar
01-22-2011, 11:58 AM
He said something like Hines Ward is not man enough to hit someone that is looking.

Cromartie is the one that got national recognition for not being man enough to come up and support the run game. That's why the chargers wanted him out of there. In a playoff game (not sure which one) he was shown on replay avoiding contact with a running back he should have been trying to tackle. Steelers should run at this guy all day.

tony hipchest
01-22-2011, 12:11 PM
Fh1NtNaANtI&feature=related

:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

SteeleReign
01-22-2011, 12:32 PM

That's actually pretty sad. Surprised he doesn't have a pulled groin. :wink02:

SoCalFan
01-22-2011, 12:40 PM
Cromartie should be suspended by the league for HIS off the field conduct!!!What a moron.....

4xSBChamps
01-22-2011, 12:48 PM
"... I have my new-born... with my wife..."

... I'm guessing the wife's elevator doesn't reach the top-floor???

SteeleReign
01-22-2011, 12:54 PM
"... I have my new-born... with my wife..."

... I'm guessing the wife's elevator doesn't reach the top-floor???

No, but her account balance sure is sweet. :wink02:

thebus36idf
01-22-2011, 01:03 PM
He is just trying to protect his girly but from getting nailed when he is to busy slackin' I never saw someone hold, and grab so much and not get called they should call him Holdmartie, or grabmartie, or croholdie or crograbme or something

tony hipchest
01-22-2011, 01:11 PM
anyone see this video of antonio cromartie trying to reunite with some of his children?

mwbMBE2LuZk&feature=fvsr

harrison'samonster
01-22-2011, 01:17 PM
coming from a jets fan i have to say cromartie is a pus, and i suppose he needs to talk trash to play remotely well. i dont understand how cromartie said hes gonna hit Ward to shut him up..

we had a safety a few years ago (Anthony Smith) who liked to do trash talking and couldn't back it up, it just ends up making them look bad.

I don't know why they would want to single out Ward though, he didn't have a big statistics game against them in the reg. season.

lionslicer
01-22-2011, 01:34 PM
Ward hits people when they aren't looking because when they are looking at Ward, chances are they are running away because they're scuuurrred

Merchant
01-22-2011, 03:27 PM
Coming from the guy who could've made the game-saving tackle on Shonn Greene last season in the playoffs... Come on now.

mcg24
01-22-2011, 03:50 PM
Coming from the guy who could've made the game-saving tackle on Shonn Greene last season in the playoffs... Come on now.

Dude give him a break, at least he tried to make the tackle...oh wait no...he just watched as Greene blew by him.

dcbng
01-22-2011, 06:40 PM
Dear Mr Cromarti,
I offer you a few options. First, keep your eyes on Hines, this way you will know when the hit is coming, and it is going to come. Second, get your whiney candy ass off of the field. Maybe go try on a few skirts. Maybe even stay home and watch the Oscars, maybe you will get one for only acting like a football player. Bitch!

Fire Arians
01-22-2011, 06:50 PM
http://i45.tinypic.com/5kkln4.jpg

you know, for all this talk he's saying about how hines can only hit someone that isn't looking at him, big talk for someone who can't tackle someone who's not looking at him lol

SteelSurf
01-22-2011, 09:37 PM
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of freaking granite. We shall name him Hines Ward and he shall play for the Pittsburgh Steelers"

Cromartie's comments are more of an indictment of the *****fication of America and of himself... then of Hines Ward. It's called Tackle Football. It's not soccer. Up until the time the NFL starts mandating that Defensive players start wearing dresses,speak with French accents and celebrating Wins with White Zinfandel spritzers...Hines Ward will remain one of the Finest and Toughest Blocking Wide Receivers to have ever played the game.