PDA

View Full Version : East-West Shrine Game

sarahpalinhater
01-22-2011, 01:31 PM
The game is on in about 1 1/2 hours, and I was wondering if any here have anyone they might be paying extra attention to ? Me, I have a few players I am gonna watch closely.

1) Josh Thomas- DB Buffalo: Keep an eye on this guy steeler fans. He is a physical DB with blitzing skills, and Ball-hawking skills.

2) Cecil Shorts- WR Mt. Union: I know I know, why do we need a WR. But fans I swear...look at this guy today. Yes he is from a small school. That is why I am watching him today. But with a player like Randel El, and Battle likely to be gone next season, we will need some depth right ? And this guy has potential written all over him.

3) Martin Parker- DL Richmond: This guy is a beast in what few highlights I have seen. Looking forward to seeing him today. Could eventually be a replacement for Brent the Beard :applaudit:

4) Caleb Schlauderaff- OG Utah: I know alot of you here are hoping our first pick goes to Mike Pouncey. But watch this guy today A 3rd team All-American who delivers both pancake blocks, and is a great pass protector as well.

5) Brian Lainhart- FS Kent State: What can I say, we need another Safety guys, and this kid is the NCAA Active leader in Interceptions, and turnovers caused. He has great size, and smarts. I mean c'mon fans. We have done alright with past Kent State players, haven't we ?

Anyways, those are a few of the players I will be watching fans. Hey, something to do while we all wait for Sunday, right ? :noidea::applaudit:

tony hipchest
01-22-2011, 01:46 PM
i will watch and look forward to the senior bowl as well.

the war room is where we discuss college prospects and scouting potential future steelers.

it has always been this way and were not gonna change that now, especially in the midst of a superbowl run.

sarahpalinhater
01-22-2011, 01:53 PM
I wasn't sure. Thanks Tony. Hey, something to do while we all wait til sunday huh ?

43Hitman
01-22-2011, 02:02 PM
I'm gonna be watching it.

tony hipchest
01-22-2011, 02:03 PM
yep.

(i need to look into changing the title in this forum from 2010 to 2011 to make it a bit more obvious this is for current steelers draft talk and scouting).

i have sirius radio and always look forward to tim and pat (moving the chains) broadcast from the senior bowl practices and call the game.

tons of great interviews, insight, and analysis.

MasterOfPuppets
01-23-2011, 02:01 AM
marvin austin would have been a great understudy for fat snack, but his suspension will probably keep the steelers from having any interest.

da'rel scott , rb, maryland. should run a 4.35 - 4.39 forty. was very under utilized at md , which kept him off the rader. would be a nice replacement for memo as a late rd pick.

ADjVJ3MKd8k

MDSteel15
01-23-2011, 07:10 AM
marvin austin would have been a great understudy for fat snack, but his suspension will probably keep the steelers from having any interest.

da'rel scott , rb, maryland. should run a 4.35 - 4.39 forty. was very under utilized at md , which kept him off the rader. would be a nice replacement for memo as a late rd pick.

ADjVJ3MKd8k
:thumbsup:

Merchant
01-25-2011, 12:55 AM

ADjVJ3MKd8k

My initial thought to this was, "don't we have Dwyer waiting in the wings?" However, the thing that kinda bothers me is that Dwyer is very similar in style to Mendy and Redman. It'd be nice to have that quick, shifty, change-of-pace back similar to C.J. Spiller.

MasterOfPuppets
01-25-2011, 03:33 AM
My initial thought to this was, "don't we have Dwyer waiting in the wings?" However, the thing that kinda bothers me is that Dwyer is very similar in style to Mendy and Redman. It'd be nice to have that quick, shifty, change-of-pace back similar to C.J. Spiller.
thats my thoughts as well. all 3 of those guys are 225-230 lbs , with mendy being the only one running under a 4.5. not much of a change of pace and really no edge threats .
scott weighted in at senior bowl at 5'10 - 205 lbs. ... which i thought was strange that he even got an invite to it. he just played in the shrine game ... i wasn't aware players ever played in both games. plus, unlike dwyer, he has played in a pro style offense.
but if you watch the 2nd play on that video you'll get an idea of how fast he is.

MDSteel15
01-25-2011, 09:05 AM
thats my thoughts as well. all 3 of those guys are 225-230 lbs , with mendy being the only one running under a 4.5. not much of a change of pace and really no edge threats .
scott weighted in at senior bowl at 5'10 - 205 lbs. ... which i thought was strange that he even got an invite to it. he just played in the shrine game ... i wasn't aware players ever played in both games. plus, unlike dwyer, he has played in a pro style offense.
but if you watch the 2nd play on that video you'll get an idea of how fast he is.

MOP, I love Scott and would like to see him in the fold!! :tt02:

MasterOfPuppets
01-25-2011, 06:39 PM
MOP, I love Scott and would like to see him in the fold!! :tt02:
of course you do , your a homer...lol

MDSteel15
01-26-2011, 10:27 AM
Sort of! LoL I have always kept the Terps close to the heart but I just love old fashioned Michigan football!!! :tt03: :tt03: :tt03: