PDA

View Full Version : Food for thought

Steelerfreak58
01-22-2011, 04:44 PM
Jets came in at #6 seed just like we did in 05. they have beaten the two best offenses back to back in those teams own back yards just like we did back in 05. They find ways to win even if its ugly just like the Steelers do. Their offense is wishy washy and erratic just like ours is. Their defense is tough and plays raw just like ours does.

I can't stand the shit talking Jets or New Yorkers for that matter but you have to give them their due they have found ways to win. They beat two of the best teams in the league at their own homes. They beat two of the best Quarterbacks in the history of the game back to back. They are hungry. Its going to be a great game tomorrow.

If by some weird twist of luck and fate they do beat the Steelers tomorrow at home with everything we have weapon wise across the board and our defense then they deserve all the respect we can give. They will have beaten the three best Quarterbacks in the playoffs this decade back to back to back on the road. I may dislike them even loathe their attitude and shit talking ways but they will have earned the right to be playing in the Super Bowl if they beat us at our own house twice in one season.

Riddle_Of_Steel
01-22-2011, 05:01 PM
Jets came in at #6 seed just like we did in 05. they have beaten the two best offenses back to back in those teams own back yards just like we did back in 05. They find ways to win even if its ugly just like the Steelers do. Their offense is wishy washy and erratic just like ours is. Their defense is tough and plays raw just like ours does.

But they weren't as good at doing any of the above things-- they would be like the K-Mart version of the 2005 Steelers.

lionslicer
01-22-2011, 05:17 PM
I think the Packers will be the only 6th seed in this superbowl. They beat 2 solid offenses in the Falcons and Eagles and are now facing a run first strong defensive team. Thats also similar to the 6th seed steelers in 2005.

SoCalFan
01-22-2011, 05:37 PM
Jets beat 2 teams to get to us.2 great teams?NO!!! 2 teams that are a shell of there former selves!!!

sarahpalinhater
01-22-2011, 05:50 PM
I think the Packers will be the only 6th seed in this superbowl. They beat 2 solid offenses in the Falcons and Eagles and are now facing a run first strong defensive team. Thats also similar to the 6th seed steelers in 2005.

He's right. If any team is simular to us in 05 it's the Packers. In 05, we scored 389 points, and gave up 252 points. The Packers scored 388, and gave up 240. These Jets aren't really close to those numbers. They scored like 367, but gave up 307 points. Not nearly good enough defensively.

Steelboy84
01-22-2011, 06:03 PM
Food............................I like that.

:love:

43Hitman
01-22-2011, 06:21 PM
What are the odds of two 6 seeds making the Bowl? I would imagine that its a pretty slim chance. Having said that you have to ask yourself, of the two remaining 6 seeds, which one has the best chance at advancing? Then its pretty obvious that the Packers are the team that advances, thus leaving the Jets with the realization that they are going home early again.

Bye bye Jets :wave:

mcg24
01-22-2011, 06:23 PM
The Falcons were the most overrated team in the NFL this year IMO. Matt Ryan doesn't have the composure to play playoff football, and that defense is like Swiss cheese. The Packers were also two missed field goals away from possible future hall of famer David Akers from a loss. Aaron Rodgers is good, but the Bears have been the only team to really keep him in check. Bears win tomorrow.

dcbng
01-22-2011, 06:57 PM
there is a bit of difference in the 05 Steelers run and the jets current run. In 05 the Steelers beat Cincy then went to Indy, at the time was probably the best team in football(they still won a superbowl after the Steelers beat them). The Steelers then went to Denver for the AFCCG. Denver being probably the weakest team in the AFC playoffs at that time.

The jets beat two good teams, but now they have to play a better team than the ones they just beat. And that is where any simularity ends.

Yes, the jets already beat the Steelers, in Pittsburgh, but that is long ago and far away, and all the reasons and excuses and missing players have already been played out.

Fact is, this is a different Steelers team, a better team on defense. With LeBeau changing up the coverage, mostly bringing the corners up to play an inside press coverage, and rotating Clark and Troy to cover both over the top and slants, this tough defense just got stronger. Case in point 126 yards by the rats last week, as opposed to the 320(week 4) and 269(week 13) that the rats put up in the regular season.

Steelboy84
01-22-2011, 07:14 PM
The Falcons were the most overrated team in the NFL this year IMO. Matt Ryan doesn't have the composure to play playoff football, and that defense is like Swiss cheese. The Packers were also two missed field goals away from possible future hall of famer David Akers from a loss. Aaron Rodgers is good, but the Bears have been the only team to really keep him in check. Bears win tomorrow.

I think Matt Ryan's gonna be a great one. I think that defense couldn't hold up for them.

mcg24
01-22-2011, 08:02 PM
I think Matt Ryan's gonna be a great one. I think that defense couldn't hold up for them.

Oh I know, I just meant he doesn't have the composure to do it right NOW. Someday he definitely will.

FanSince72
01-22-2011, 10:16 PM
The biggest problem everyone has with this game is that for us, there's really nothing to play for in terms of sentimentality or record breaking.

In a sense, if we go on to win the SB, it could best be described as a "maintenance win" -- a win just for the sake of winning because that's what winning teams do.

I think this team has matured to the point where we don't need some poetic reason to win. We win because we're the best team in the game and that's what the best team does.

Pac
01-22-2011, 10:22 PM
Nice 1st post... the rest... eh.

It's ironic back when the Steelers had their run as a 6th seed I started a thread on my board saying it was the most impressive run to a SB I've ever seen.

that is until now. when we win tomorrow we'll take that spot in the eyes of the football world. If you don't believe me just wait to hear what all the talking heads say starting monday all the way through 2/6.

lionslicer
01-22-2011, 10:28 PM
Nice 1st post... the rest... eh.

It's ironic back when the Steelers had their run as a 6th seed I started a thread on my board saying it was the most impressive run to a SB I've ever seen.

that is until now. when we win tomorrow we'll take that spot in the eyes of the football world. If you don't believe me just wait to hear what all the talking heads say starting monday all the way through 2/6.

I agree, if the Jets win, it will be a very impressive superbowl run. Going through 3 future Hall of Fame quarterbacks, and their teams which have all won superbowls in the last 6 years. 2 teams with superb offenses, 1 with one of the best defenses in history. Then to face either the Packers or Bears in the superbowl.

Thats if the Jets win, but I don't think they can go through 3 hall of fame quarterbacks to get to the superbowl. But I'm a Steeler fan and I'm bias lol. If I was a Jets fan, I'd be pretty sure it was our year to win.

Pac
01-22-2011, 10:30 PM
I agree, if the Jets win, it will be a very impressive superbowl run. Going through 3 future Hall of Fame quarterbacks, and their teams which have all won superbowls in the last 6 years. 2 teams with superb offenses, 1 with one of the best defenses in history. Then to face either the Packers or Bears in the superbowl.

Thats if the Jets win, but I don't think they can go through 3 hall of fame quarterbacks to get to the superbowl. But I'm a Steeler fan and I'm bias lol. If I was a Jets fan, I'd be pretty sure it was our year to win.

You guys have had enough celebrations... Steelers are the most storied franchise in the history of the NFL and it would take a hell of a lot more than a Jet win tomorrow to change that. We gotta start somewhere though.

43Hitman
01-22-2011, 10:40 PM
Sounds just like the Cardinal fans from 2 years ago and the Seachicken fans before that...Almost word for word and they all left looking like :donkey:So you have to understand if we find this all a little boring. :yap:

Steelerfreak58
01-23-2011, 11:35 AM
Gonna be a great game in a few hours!

steeltheone
01-23-2011, 01:07 PM
Some of you guys act like the Jets are lucky to be here. Man for man they are probably the better team. BR7- Sanchez will be the difference.

stlrtruck
01-23-2011, 10:44 PM
well, that ended that little ride.

Maybe the jets should take the bus home, I think their engines are out of gas.