PDA

View Full Version : Jets say Hines Ward is going to be "dealt with" early

wutchy
01-22-2011, 07:52 PM
Hines is in the cross-hairs of the Jets. They say they are going to deal with Ward early "to let him what what kind of game its going to be."

Sounds like Hines better wear his fighting gloves and leave the skins at home.

Who is James Ihedigbo anyway?

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/36269/jets-call-steelers-hines-ward-dirty

Steelboy84
01-22-2011, 08:04 PM
"Hines is in the cross-hairs of the Jets." :couch:

mcg24
01-22-2011, 08:06 PM
Hines better make sure he has quick FEET and that he stays on his TOES.

wutchy
01-22-2011, 08:08 PM
This could turn into a hockey game quick.

LukesDad88
01-22-2011, 08:10 PM
Who is James Ihedigbo anyway?

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/36269/jets-call-steelers-hines-ward-dirty

Big talk from somebody that's probably not going to even play tomorrow. He's listed as questionable.

LVSteelersfan
01-22-2011, 08:11 PM
In the crosshairs? Is that the best they can come up with? Hines has had bounties on him for years and has never been taken care of yet. If I was Revis Island I would be worried a lot about Hines blocking his butt into the stands on a Mendenhall run.

fer522
01-22-2011, 08:18 PM
:couch: so they're gonna play the be afraid be very afraid card :couch:

they're fuc***g pathetic

Steelboy84
01-22-2011, 08:22 PM
This game seemed to be played with "integrity" Monday, but as the week has gone along, wow.

Fire Arians
01-22-2011, 08:28 PM
please, the ravens defense is 3x as nasty and intimidating than the jets defense. the guy who is talking the most shit gave up on numerous plays last year and got run out of town by the chargers. think hines ward is scared?

the steelers are gonna show the jets that you can't buy a championship team, they are built from the ground up.

stlrtruck
01-22-2011, 08:37 PM
so does this constitute players for the jets being watched by the officials for their, "We're gonna show them by hurting them!" trash talk that the commissioner thinks is over the top?

Something tells me since it wasn't the Steelers or the ravens, there'd be state troopers on the sidelines waiting to take them to jail. Since it's the jets....there will be a blind eye.

Fire Arians
01-22-2011, 08:40 PM
so does this constitute players for the jets being watched by the officials for their, "We're gonna show them by hurting them!" trash talk that the commissioner thinks is over the top?

Something tells me since it wasn't the Steelers or the ravens, there'd be state troopers on the sidelines waiting to take them to jail. Since it's the jets....there will be a blind eye.

you know what's BS about this whole thing, is if we were saying this kinda stuff to the jets, goodell and the NFL front office would be on our asses like white on rice by now, and probably fining the organization

Steelboy84
01-22-2011, 08:41 PM

Brady's been traded to the Jets...................................:evil:

LVSteelersfan
01-22-2011, 08:56 PM
Seems like Suggs should have been fined just for the t-shirt he was wearing. Too bad he is the only player that showed up last week. Can't wait to see Harrison, Woodley and Timmons open up a can of whoop a$$ on Sanchez. He won't know what hit him.

sarahpalinhater
01-22-2011, 08:57 PM
Ward dealt with early ? What, is Rx Ryan going to give him a foot massage before the game.....YIKES!! :banging:

4xSBChamps
01-22-2011, 09:07 PM

"... and if James Harrison so-much as waves a Terrible Towel, I want him thrown-out of the game...

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/football/Goodellonthephone.jpg

... I'll decide his fine Monday..."

JackHammer
01-22-2011, 09:12 PM
Hines is an old war dog. He's seen, and won, his share of great battles. He can take whatever they try bringin and it's not gonna stop him from playing the way he ALWAYS plays. It's only gonna embolden him. Even if they're trying to bait him into taking a penalty, is it worth it to incite him? I mean, he's definitely due for trademark Hines Ward block........

Foreign Alphabet
01-22-2011, 09:16 PM
Ihedigbo is the jets nastiest player. He is nothing particularly special. He makes an occasional big play, which most players get the opprotunity to do in a Rex defense. I'm not suprised he said something like this.

And for that guy complaining that the jets get treated by the nfl, good joke

stlrtruck
01-22-2011, 09:28 PM
Ihedigbo is the jets nastiest player. He is nothing particularly special. He makes an occasional big play, which most players get the opprotunity to do in a Rex defense. I'm not suprised he said something like this.

And for that guy complaining that the jets get treated by the nfl, good joke

Just so we're clear, my joke wasn't about the jets getting the treatment is was more towards the idiot commissioner and his inability to be consistent.

Pac
01-22-2011, 09:50 PM
Stroke of genius...

- puts the onus on the officials to watch Hines for his cheap bs.

- may bait some of your guys into a hit or 2 after the whistle for a personal foul

- alerts Hines that he's on notice

SteelCityMom
01-22-2011, 09:52 PM
Stroke of genius...

- may bait some of your guys into a hit or 2 after the whistle for a personal foul

:toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

On notice. :sofunny:

FanSince72
01-22-2011, 09:58 PM
http://www.sycaonline.org/images/cross1.jpg

Fire Arians
01-22-2011, 10:05 PM
Stroke of genius...

we play the ravens twice a year. you're stupid as hell if you think the jets can intimidate him by talking shit.

Pac
01-22-2011, 10:08 PM
we play the ravens twice a year. you're stupid as hell if you think the jets can intimidate him by talking shit.

Not about intimidation. Just lets him know if he plans on being dirty he's going to get it in return.

To be honest I think this is much ado about nothing... if reports are true and Revis is on Hines then he'll be virtually eliminated anyway.

SteelCityMom
01-22-2011, 10:18 PM
Not about intimidation. Just lets him know if he plans on being dirty he's going to get it in return.

To be honest I think this is much ado about nothing... if reports are true and Revis is on Hines then he'll be virtually eliminated anyway.

See, that's the beauty of it. Hines could give a shit if someone wants to try and "get him in return". He purposefully gets under peoples skin for that very reason. His reasoning? If he's gotten under your skin to the point where your paying more attention to him than the play on the field, he's doing his job (part of it anyway), and it'll eventually hurt the other team more than him.

So put him on notice, get him back, do what you want. He's in your head and he loves it.

Steelboy84
01-22-2011, 10:26 PM
Nah son, the Jets gone GET dealt wit boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pac
01-22-2011, 10:27 PM
See, that's the beauty of it. Hines could give a shit if someone wants to try and "get him in return". He purposefully gets under peoples skin for that very reason. His reasoning? If he's gotten under your skin to the point where your paying more attention to him than the play on the field, he's doing his job (part of it anyway), and it'll eventually hurt the other team more than him.

So put him on notice, get him back, do what you want. He's in your head and he loves it.

Good point but another reason I think it's much ado about nothing is because Ihedigbo is a part time player and Revis just held Hines to 2 catches less than a month ago. I think there's some strategy at work with this last minute round of "trash talk".

Make no mistake.. Rex says what he says for a reason.

SteelCityMom
01-22-2011, 10:37 PM
Good point but another reason I think it's much ado about nothing is because Ihedigbo is a part time player and Revis just held Hines to 2 catches less than a month ago. I think there's some strategy at work with this last minute round of "trash talk".

Make no mistake.. Rex says what he says for a reason.

If there's a strategy...it's a damned confusing one I guess. Like others have said, they play the Ravens all the time, and are used to the trash talk. All it does is make them play better, hit a little harder and get them that much more fired up. I just don't see it affecting their psyche at all.

tony hipchest
01-22-2011, 10:56 PM
Make no mistake.. Rex says what he says for a reason.jeeze... you guys have had rex on your team for 2 years and act like some pseudo psychologist experts.

teh steelers have dealt with rex as the d-coord for the ravens for years. were used to all the blabbermouth bullshitting.

hines ward has knocked out/jacked up rod woodson, ed reed and bart scott (2 of the 3 far better than revis/cromartie).

the steelers have been jacking up ravens for years (probably more than any other team). just ask corey ivy or willis mcgahee.

we dont give a shit about their bounties, threats, being put on notice or any of that other pu$$y talk.

the jets havent done SHIT.

4QGKlluCU0o&playnext=1&list=PLD9AAD7EF64308174&index=64

notice how hines KO's ed reed, flags the sideline for medical attention and then lines someone else up to block before the play is over.

if the jets are lucky they wont get a taste of what josh cribbs or mahommad massoquoi felt earlier in the year.

MaidenIndiana
01-22-2011, 11:06 PM

You and your team of loudmouths have now been put on notice about an ASS KICKING coming your way. No need to thank us:applaudit:

43Hitman
01-22-2011, 11:13 PM
jeeze... you guys have had rex on your team for 2 years and act like some pseudo psychologist experts.

teh steelers have dealt with rex as the d-coord for the ravens for years. were used to all the blabbermouth bullshitting.

hines ward has knocked out/jacked up rod woodson, ed reed and bart scott (2 of the 3 far better than revis/cromartie).

the steelers have been jacking up ravens for years (probably more than any other team). just ask corey ivy or willis mcgahee.

we dont give a shit about their bounties, threats, being put on notice or any of that other pu$$y talk.

the jets havent done SHIT.

4QGKlluCU0o&playnext=1&list=PLD9AAD7EF64308174&index=64

notice how hines KO's ed reed, flags the sideline for medical attention and then lines someone else up to block before the play is over.

if the jets are lucky they wont get a taste of what josh cribbs or mahommad massoquoi felt earlier in the year.

BOOOOM! GOES THE DYNAMITE!!!

lionslicer
01-22-2011, 11:23 PM
Ward is always ready. Nuff Said.