PDA

View Full Version : Pardon me But?????

Goldsteel86
01-23-2011, 11:33 AM
Did I fall asleep for the last week? How all of the sudden did the Steelers become second fiddle to the Jets? Didn't this Steelers team beat a very physical Ravens team after being down by 14 points at the half? Correct me if I am wrong but the Jets beat an injury depleted Colts? Go into Foxboroughand beat a hearbeatless Tom Brady team, while talking s**t all week? Come on, now reading and listening to everything I have heard so far we need to just put Sanchez with the likes of Bradshaw, Montana, Aikman, Starr, and Roethlisberger, somebody please give me a reality check and explain how the h**l the Jets are so damn good all of the sudden, consider this, Danny Woodhead, yes Danny Woodhead did not have a hard time with the Jets, it was Brady and Bellicheat who screwed that game for the Peckers, I mean the Pats!

TRH
01-23-2011, 11:36 AM
its just the "media" picking up on a newer team (not the usual Steelers, Pats, Cowboys, Colts, etc).....thats all it is. They have something new to talk about, but i agree......by watching all the TV analysis shows, you'd barely even know we were playing today.

mesaSteeler
01-23-2011, 11:41 AM
its just the "media" picking up on a newer team (not the usual Steelers, Pats, Cowboys, Colts, etc).....thats all it is. They have something new to talk about, but i agree......by watching all the TV analysis shows, you'd barely even know we were playing today.

Truth! The Steelers being in a championship is not new and the airhead media love anything new.

Goldsteel86
01-23-2011, 11:42 AM
Kind of like being the Underdog, but to sum it up, I'm glad Chris Berman picked the Jets he has been wrong the last three games, seem like a good Omen to me. WTF is Bill Cowher thinking, f*****g traitor!!!!!

Steelboy84
01-23-2011, 11:44 AM
Oh you didn't hear? Aaron Rodgers is the new golden boy and has already lead his team to a SB victory.

And Ben sucks!

Steelboy84
01-23-2011, 11:45 AM
Kind of like being the Underdog, but to sum it up, I'm glad Chris Berman picked the Jets he has been wrong the last three games, seem like a good Omen to me. WTF is Bill Cowher thinking, f*****g traitor!!!!!

Rod Woodson picked the Cardinals in SB 43, I'm getting used to the turncoats.

This was on his HOF announcement weekend no less.............

Goldsteel86
01-23-2011, 11:46 AM
Rodgers will get his, oh and he will forever be in Brett Favre's shadow. I would love a shot at Rodgers!!!!!!! Silverback would feast!!!!!!!!

mesaSteeler
01-23-2011, 11:47 AM
Rod Woodson picked the Cardinals in SB 43, I'm getting used to the turncoats.

This was on his HOF announcement weekend no less.............

Part of the job of being a media air head is to be controversial.

Goldsteel86
01-23-2011, 11:54 AM
Hey just a gee whiz question, who is the officiating crew for today???? Maybe somebody knows something we don't! :banging:

Steelboy84
01-23-2011, 11:58 AM
Hey just a gee whiz question, who is the officiating crew for today???? Maybe somebody knows something we don't! :banging:

Ed Hochuli

TRH
01-23-2011, 12:02 PM
Oh you didn't hear? Aaron Rodgers is the new golden boy and has already lead his team to a SB victory.

And Ben sucks!

haha...thats completely true. According to all the "experts" the Bears just may as well forfeit today and the AFC representative might as well do the same and not even show up because its already "won".

Goldsteel86
01-23-2011, 12:02 PM
It's official, they need to make an ESPN commercial of Aaron Rodgers standing at a copier and then Mort walks in and turns on the light and Chris Berman is on his knees acting startled with lipstick on. Then, how about a desk cubicle of Cris Carter underneath a desk as Mark Sanchez types on a computer while, Merrill Hoge interrupts and Carter wipes his lips as he leans from around the chair, I am so PISSED!!!

mesaSteeler
01-23-2011, 12:05 PM
ESPN is giving Ryan a knob now. Ugh

Steelboy84
01-23-2011, 12:08 PM
ESPN is giving Ryan a knob now. Ugh

You think that's bad, turn to NFL N. OMG, Marshall Faulk has been trashing Pittsburgh all weekend!

The Jets D will make us one dimensional, LeBeau can't play call against a team who can run AND pass, Ben holds the ball and he won't give Ben the respect he gives Manning and Brady. He'll take Sanchez right now. Marshall Faulk is awful!

Pac
01-23-2011, 12:08 PM
Pardon me but what the hell are you talking about?! All week it's been about 80/20 with so called experts picking the Steelers. Jet fans are used to this nonsense which makes this playoff run and todays victory all the sweeter.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/picks :yeehaw:

Goldsteel86
01-23-2011, 12:09 PM
Super Size Me!!!!!! That lard ass, is going to get his, I would love to see him cry, oh here we go Dennis Byrd, maybe the Steelers should have brought in Gabe Rivera!!!! Here's to Myron Cope, Happy B-Day, what I wouldn't do to hear him sing the "Polka"!!!! :tt04: :tt02: :tt: :tt03:

bigchuck
01-23-2011, 12:11 PM
cant blame the media they have to make it interesting, itd be boring tv to watch them praise the steelers up and down.

mesaSteeler
01-23-2011, 12:49 PM
Now BSPN has groody Gruden dissin the Steelers. What garbage. I'm shutting it off I can't watch this any more.

lionslicer
01-23-2011, 12:54 PM
Why are the media talking about the Jets and Packers? A lot of people predicted both to go to the superbowl. Jets were in the AFC championship last year. None of this is a surprise.

Fire Arians
01-23-2011, 12:56 PM
You think that's bad, turn to NFL N. OMG, Marshall Faulk has been trashing Pittsburgh all weekend!

The Jets D will make us one dimensional, LeBeau can't play call against a team who can run AND pass, Ben holds the ball and he won't give Ben the respect he gives Manning and Brady. He'll take Sanchez right now. Marshall Faulk is awful!

i hate marshall

Jetsfan115
01-23-2011, 12:59 PM

faulk is a football genius, he knows whats up :hatsoff:

steeltheone
01-23-2011, 01:00 PM
Did I fall asleep for the last week? How all of the sudden did the Steelers become second fiddle to the Jets? Didn't this Steelers team beat a very physical Ravens team after being down by 14 points at the half? Correct me if I am wrong but the Jets beat an injury depleted Colts? Go into Foxboroughand beat a hearbeatless Tom Brady team, while talking s**t all week? Come on, now reading and listening to everything I have heard so far we need to just put Sanchez with the likes of Bradshaw, Montana, Aikman, Starr, and Roethlisberger, somebody please give me a reality check and explain how the h**l the Jets are so damn good all of the sudden, consider this, Danny Woodhead, yes Danny Woodhead did not have a hard time with the Jets, it was Brady and Bellicheat who screwed that game for the Peckers, I mean the Pats!

The Jets are good...Stop being a homer...If not for the QB's ...We would probably be a 6 point dog. They have taken the hard road here. But it ends today!

Steelboy84
01-23-2011, 01:06 PM
faulk is a football genius, he knows whats up :hatsoff:

Yea...............that's why he couldn't beat the Pats and Steven Jackson ran his a** into retirement.

Fire Arians
01-23-2011, 01:08 PM
yeah we already lost, i mean, the experts like the jets and obviously their fans think their chances of winning are 100% someone call the front office and tell them they shouldn't bother showing up because we obviously have no chance

Steelboy84
01-23-2011, 01:13 PM
Keep rooting for em Faulk, you knee bender.

dcbng
01-23-2011, 01:22 PM
on Faulk, if you make the easy pick, you become boring as another here has stated. If you make an outrageous pick, and are wrong, nobody remembers the following year. But just make and outrageous pick and be right, then every body is calling you nostradamus and waiting in line to lick your balls.

Espn, Fox, NFLN are all talking about the Jets can beat the Steelers, they gotta say something other than the Steelers are gonna kick the crap out of the jets. They gotta get ratings, so at least one of the team has to draw the short straw and make the crazy pick.

I know what the jets are, and I know what the Steelers are. I see a hard faught game, and Pittsburgh winning.
signed
Nostradamus great-great-great-great-great-great great-great grandson.
Sheesh

fer522
01-23-2011, 01:48 PM
I know what the jets are, and I know what the Steelers are. I see a hard faught game, and Pittsburgh winning.
signed
Nostradamus great-great-great-great-great-great great-great grandson.
Sheesh

is that you cousin? :chuckle:

LVSteelersfan
01-23-2011, 02:13 PM
Sorry, but the Jets fan is correct. Everyone on the Fox pregame show picked the Steelers besides Michael Strahan (NY homer) and then made fun of him for picking the Jets. I hate Marshall Faulk like the next Steeler fan, but the overall consensus is that the Steelers will win. Wish it were not so because the Steelers play better with a huge chip on their shoulder.

Atlanta Dan
01-23-2011, 02:20 PM
Sorry, but the Jets fan is correct. Everyone on the Fox pregame show picked the Steelers besides Michael Strahan (NY homer) and then made fun of him for picking the Jets. I hate Marshall Faulk like the next Steeler fan, but the overall consensus is that the Steelers will win. Wish it were not so because the Steelers play better with a huge chip on their shoulder.

Well if they watched ESPN there is no danger of the Steelers getting overconfiudent - only Ditka and Mortensen picked the Steelers - no surprise Berman went with the Jets

Tom Jackson was for the Steelers before he was against them - on Friday he was picking the Steelers but now he is picking the Jets

Jetsfan115
01-23-2011, 02:22 PM
The Jets are good...Stop being a homer...If not for the QB's ...We would probably be a 6 point dog. They have taken the hard road here. But it ends today!

pretty much. Ben is obviously the better and more accomplished QB in this game and thats a huge advantage. Just think if sanchez is as bad as all of you say, then how good are the rest of our players and coaches for making it this far?

Yea...............that's why he couldn't beat the Pats and Steven Jackson ran his a** into retirement.

umm he's a HOF RB

yeah we already lost, i mean, the experts like the jets and obviously their fans think their chances of winning are 100% someone call the front office and tell them they shouldn't bother showing up because we obviously have no chance

From what i seen, about 85% of all the experts are picking the steelers so what are you talking about?

Strahan actually hates the jets. most giant players / former giants do

cubanstogie
01-23-2011, 02:59 PM

Faulk at least can speak clearly but thats about it. I have no problem with someone picking the Jets, they beat 2 good teams on the road, or atleast 2 great QB's on the road. But this morning when he was trying to give analysis it was horrible. There was nothing to back up the Jets having a better D than the Steelers. Unlike Mooch who picked the Steelers and stated their Zone blitz scheme is more difficult to defend end Polamalu will confuse a young QB like dirty Sanchez. He was just babbling.

Atlanta Dan
01-23-2011, 04:04 PM
Money talks - the line has moved to Steelers favored by 4

tony hipchest
01-23-2011, 04:07 PM
Money talks - the line has moved to Steelers favored by 4that sounds about right.

polamalu is worth 1 point and homefield advantage worth 3.

MACH1
01-23-2011, 09:07 PM
SUCK IT Faulk

WNYSteelersFan
01-23-2011, 09:11 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/582595-super-bowl-xlv-odds-steelers-vs-packers-has-green-bay-the-favorites

Green Bay -2.5, huh?

BigRick
01-23-2011, 09:20 PM
Pardon me but what the hell are you talking about?! All week it's been about 80/20 with so called experts picking the Steelers. Jet fans are used to this nonsense which makes this playoff run and todays victory all the sweeter.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/picks :yeehaw:

If that's true looks like they knew what they were doing. Oh and it appears you don,t know JACK SHIT! Just remember your QB isn't the second coming of JOE WILLY! :rofl: