PDA

View Full Version : LenDale White failed substance test?

Mosca
04-29-2006, 09:13 AM
I don't know much, I heard this reported as a rumor on the radio (Fox Sports on XM) on the way to work. I'm not much of a Fox guy but the sports is OK.

Tom

83-Steelers-43
04-29-2006, 09:32 AM
Check this out........

NFL | L. White had positive test?
Sat, 29 Apr 2006 00:23:38 -0700

Scott Wolf, of the Press Telegram, reports USC RB LenDale White reportedly tested positive for an undisclosed drug, according to multiple sources, which could affect his stock the NFL draft. White spoke briefly to a reporter Friday, April 28, but sounded unconcerned about the situation. '(The NFL) ain't worried about it,' he said. 'The issue's been addressed.' Several sources said the test took place at the NFL Combine in late February. 'If it's out, it's got to be a Combine test,' said a source with knowledge of NFL drug testing. 'Some teams also give their own tests but those are at individual workouts and no one releases those.'

83-Steelers-43
04-29-2006, 09:41 AM
At the same time, If he failed a drug test, I think we would have heard more about it. Until I hear more about it, with concrete evidence, I'm not putting much into this story.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-29-2006, 09:51 AM
I saw it on espn news last night.. it was something about a drug that normally isnt tested for, but I cant remember the name of it.

Mosca
04-29-2006, 09:55 AM
At the same time, If he failed a drug test, I think we would have heard more about it. Until I hear more about it, with concrete evidence, I'm not putting much into this story.

Agreed, that was the reason for the "?" in the header, the extra info is much appreciated.

I understand why a lot of people are high on a guy with such upside potential, but for me he has alarms going off all over the place, even without this minor story. This is just another reason why the Steelers won't take him (if he's available). There are too many other guys with NO question marks that we can take, and the chance of getting a top notch back with later picks is still good. And it's not as pressing a need as WR and DB.
Tom

tony hipchest
04-29-2006, 10:52 AM
from pat kirwans mock draft (posted in dd):

"Two players, who I will not mention, have apparently failed a drug test and will not be top choices next week. Unfortunately, one of those players is a clear-cut first-round talent."

he had l. white penciled in at #32 at this time but updated it yesterday and l. white wasnt drafted in the 1st round. this could be quite a waste of what wouldve been a perfect fit.

clevestinks
04-29-2006, 12:42 PM
The bad, now some we probably wont want to get him will, if he starts dropping the Ratbirds will be sure to waste a second on him

BlitzburghRockCity
04-29-2006, 12:45 PM
If Lendale was rated as our best guy at #32, Im sure they've already got the 411 on this before it got leaked out to the press.

tony hipchest
04-29-2006, 12:48 PM
If Lendale was rated as our best guy at #32, Im sure they've already got the 411 on this before it got leaked out to the press.agreed. steelers were the only team to give him an mri, and lendale has said that the situation has been discussed and cleared up, although he didnt say with what team(s)

OX1947
04-29-2006, 04:01 PM
Just get him, Steelers can fix him up....

Suitanim
04-29-2006, 06:01 PM
I wouldn't be surprised, and have already said this...we are at #34 now, why not throw in another late round pick and move up a little in Rd 2 for White?

Dook
04-29-2006, 06:13 PM
Our fifth would move us up 5 spots in the 2nd.

Suitanim
04-29-2006, 06:18 PM
Vince Young and Lendale White.