PDA

View Full Version : If you'd have told me 10 years ago that...

BlitzburghRockCity
04-29-2006, 10:23 AM
In 2006 we'd be calling the bungals our biggest rival in the AFCN, I'd have laughed in your face and told you to go sit down and toss back a few more :sofunny:

Funny how times change huh... The ratbirds are a sorry excuse for a team with a group full of dealers, users, and jailbirds.

The Clowns are in the middle of rebuilding and cant keep anybody healthy for anything longer than a few games at a time.

The bengals, even though Palmer is hurt right now..are still the biggest rival in terms of game day excitement. Funny how things work out huh, especially when you beat a team who won your division and then go on to win the Super Bowl....and yet they still cant accept defeat. :tt02:

Lyn
04-29-2006, 10:56 AM
I think I would have believed it because the Bengals have been building for years as have the Colts. I felt long ago that their day was coming..........as is the Detriot Lions.
It may sounds silly now, but give them a few years..............give any team a few years. There is so much talent out there on the college level alone, that it is not surprising that all teams are in contention for and could one day be a sb team.
Lyn:)

BBC
04-29-2006, 11:19 AM
The Browns are still our biggest rival. There is a difference between looking forward to playing a team one season, and actually being a rival. While the Browns competition has not been the same lately, those games are always physical, and we always have that game circled on our schedule.

While the Bengals games are fun, and they have gotten heated a bit lately, they are still not our rival. A lot more goes into being a team's biggest rival than a couple of heated games in one season.

If you did tell me that the Bengals would be competing with us and winning the AFC North, I would believe it. There is so much parity in the league today that a team can go from drafting first to last in a matter of a couple years, and vice versa.

SteelCityMan786
04-29-2006, 11:29 AM
The day the Bungals became our biggest rival is a day I thought I'd NEVER see.

Lyn
04-29-2006, 12:01 PM
The Browns are still our biggest rival. There is a difference between looking forward to playing a team one season, and actually being a rival. While the Browns competition has not been the same lately, those games are always physical, and we always have that game circled on our schedule.

While the Bengals games are fun, and they have gotten heated a bit lately, they are still not our rival. A lot more goes into being a team's biggest rival than a couple of heated games in one season.

If you did tell me that the Bengals would be competing with us and winning the AFC North, I would believe it. There is so much parity in the league today that a team can go from drafting first to last in a matter of a couple years, and vice versa.

Excellent Post! The Browns are our rival, the Bengals are a team to look forward to playing .............far from a "biggest" rival but in Blitz's defense I think he clearly stated that it is fun to play the Bengals and did not infer that the Bengals are the Steeler's biggest rivals. The Bengals will never catch up with the Browns in a biggest rival, never ever, that is something that will NOT happen, EVER. They may someday become a "feared" rival (if the Steeler's FEAR anyone team)...lol but they have a long way to go to prove that too.......maybe someday, it is possible just not probable. The Steelers are the team to beat.

clevestinks
04-29-2006, 12:53 PM
I still feel that right now, we get the most hyped up for the pats games, they`ve had the most meaning over the past 5 years,

BlitzburghRockCity
04-29-2006, 12:56 PM
It all depends on how you define the term, "rival"..if you are talking about just pure hatred and disgust for a team, and having a game that is ugly, hard hitting and complete smack down fest, then I'd say its a toss up between the ratbirds and clowns. But as far as rival for tough, close, hard fought, nail biting games...then the pats are a very good candidate, good call cleve. You can put the bungals in that now as well IMO.

Suitanim
04-29-2006, 02:07 PM
The one consistency is that it's all the other lessor teams in our division that look to try to be OUR rivals...we are clearly the king of the Hill...

clevestinks
04-29-2006, 05:26 PM
The one consistency is that it's all the other lessor teams in our division that look to try to be OUR rivals...we are clearly the king of the Hill...
Amen my Brother, Amen!

3 to be 4
04-29-2006, 05:52 PM

Hank or Boomhower?

Livinginthe past
04-29-2006, 06:04 PM
Hank or Boomhower?

Yuuuuuup.....yuuuuuuuup....uhuh...yuuuuup.

NM

3 to be 4
04-29-2006, 10:58 PM
In 2006 we'd be calling the bungals our biggest rival in the AFCN, I'd have laughed in your face and told you to go sit down and toss back a few more :sofunny:

Funny how times change huh... The ratbirds are a sorry excuse for a team with a group full of dealers, users, and jailbirds.

The Clowns are in the middle of rebuilding and cant keep anybody healthy for anything longer than a few games at a time.

The bengals, even though Palmer is hurt right now..are still the biggest rival in terms of game day excitement. Funny how things work out huh, especially when you beat a team who won your division and then go on to win the Super Bowl....and yet they still cant accept defeat. :tt02:

I laugh in your face! Sit down and toss back a few more!

Blitzburgh55
04-29-2006, 11:46 PM
I wouldn't say ANY team.

See Cardinals, Arizona. Or Saints, New Orleans. :sofunny:
Cards got Edge,Matt lineart and great WR

Stlrs4Life
04-30-2006, 06:22 PM

Exactly.

SteelerzGirl
04-30-2006, 07:29 PM
I think the Browns are our biggest rival. The Bengals just want to be.

Black@Gold Forever32
04-30-2006, 08:19 PM
Browns are our natural rival. But our biggest rival is the Ravens. They are the orginal Browns and these two teams flat out hate each other. I just don't see the same hatred between the Steelers and the Browns since they have been back in the NFL. There still is a rivalry but it has lost its luster due to the Browns being so bad since they have been back.

Now this upcoming year the rivalry with the Bengals will be in full force. Bengals won the AFC North last year and we won the Super Bowl. Throw in the fact we hurt Carson Palmer and I expect both games with the Bengals to be very ugly and nasty this year.

3 to be 4
04-30-2006, 10:57 PM
the Bengals suck.

SteelShooter
05-01-2006, 12:50 AM

So true! But the true rivalry is still Cleveland. While the bungles games are looked forward to, and they are close, and animosity is abundant...it still isn;t a true rivalry for another 15 years or so. Cleveland and Pittsburgh have been going at it for long........

DiggetyDank
05-01-2006, 05:01 AM
Out of all the teams mentioned, these are the two I hate the most -

1. Bengals, because they were pathetic for almost two decades, go 8-8 and follow it with a winning season a year later. Of course, this causes the fans and players to immediately declare domination, forgetting that even a blind pig finds an acorn once and awhile. Palmer's career-ending knee injury was God's way of asserting his dominance, as he used to do with floods and locusts and stuff - it was his way of reminding them that they were still the Bengals.

2. New England Patriots - I'm not sure if you're allowed to hate this team yet, as the inspirational story of Tedy Bruschi ensured them an easy third Superbowl Win - I figured that other teams would just lay down and let Golden Boy, Eric Estrada, and Belichik with his ridiculous headband run right over them. The difficult season they had was a pleasure, especially after seeing us lose to them - mostly due to that ****ing boneheaded lateral pass. Seeing Rodney Harrison get JACKED UP was by far the highlight of that game since we didn't win. It's always great when a trash-talking, cheap-shot assclown gets his. Even seeing Rod Flanders and the Colts light up the NE secondary was fun, though Indy is on my list as well.

Who else? The Browns? Next. Ravens? I can't remember who their backup is, though after Steve McNair suffers a season-ending injury fifteen minutes into their opener, I'm sure we'll find out. Indianapolis? Every year gets more entertaining due to the spectacular postseason chokes by Flanders and Co. If they were in the NFC, I'd be rooting for them to beat Buffalo's record of of consecutive Super Bowl losses.