PDA

View Full Version : I'm here to eat crow

Jetsfan115
01-23-2011, 09:49 PM
congrats, you guys won the game. can't take nothing away from you.

SH-Rock
01-23-2011, 09:50 PM
Well thanks for staying classy!

beer72
01-23-2011, 09:51 PM
TY....

43Hitman
01-23-2011, 09:52 PM

Good game. glad to see you come back for some crow...:flap:

toughsticks87
Good game man, your D is really impressive. Stay classy.

mesaSteeler
Well your team was a game competior! You never gave up!

SoCalFan
Feels good knowing you aint balled up in a dark corner!!!!

TRH
01-23-2011, 09:53 PM
cool post. The talk with you this week, on both sides, was pure old-school trash talking...

NYC_Steeler
Didn't think you'd come around since you disappeared from the game thread. I told you what was going to happen. 18 free agents for the Jets - interesting to see who stays and who goes...

theplatypus

Good game!

Way to man up, enjoy the crow

Jetsfan115
it wasn't as easy as you thought though. how about some respect for sanchez?
20/33 233 yards 2TDs 0INTs 102QB rating
ben against our D
10/19 133 yards 0TDs 2INTs

SteelCityMom
Thanks man...Jets gave me a heart attack. Best of luck next year.

DFWSTEELERFAN
01-23-2011, 09:54 PM
:tt02:

MasterOfPuppets
01-23-2011, 09:55 PM
we're fresh out of crow , but there's a raven carcass you can snack on ....:sofunny:

davidtrout
Great game brother. That's as fun as it gets. Good luck in the future.

toughsticks87
ben against our D

I'll agree with that. Ben had a really bad game, and the Jets D was pretty smothering in converage.

SmashmouthFootball
01-23-2011, 09:56 PM
ben against our D

I give Sanchez a ton of credit for coming back after that fumble and hit and playing well, however I think you're taking Ben's game out of context. He ran in a TD and only threw one bad pass despite being put on an inexplicable leash by Arians and he ultimately won us the game with two awesome throws.

I admit I underestimated your defensive backs. They played great coverage. Would have liked to see what we could have done if Ben went no huddle though,/

mcg24
01-23-2011, 09:57 PM
ben against our D

I thought you were going to win though? You mean you guys didn't win?

MACH1
ben against our D

You know he did run one in, right.

Kanata-Steeler
Pheew,
That was a very close game, the Jets came right back and stifled us completely, in the 2nd half.

Geezus, the Steelers cannot play like this against the Pack -or we'll get trounced.

DFWSTEELERFAN
01-23-2011, 09:58 PM
OVER RATED!!!! My post was deleted.. Talking smack, backing down.. Why do moderaters delete posts?

Classy in defeat, but........... What about all the smack talk???

Jetsfan115
01-23-2011, 10:02 PM
I give Sanchez a ton of credit for coming back after that fumble and hit and playing well, however I think you're taking Ben's game out of context. He ran in a TD and only threw one bad pass despite being put on an inexplicable leash by Arians and he ultimately won us the game with two awesome throws.

I admit I underestimated your defensive backs. They played great coverage. Would have liked to see what we could have done if Ben went no huddle though,/
not taking it out of context but all i heard was that sacnhez sucks and he has a 50whatever% completions etc etc. but mark went out against a very tough D and had a huge game. showed alot of toughness and almost brought us back.

I thought you were going to win though? You mean you guys didn't win?

dude i canme back and ate crow. have a little respect and class

Pheew,
That was a very close game, the Jets came right back and stifled us completely, in the 2nd half.

Geezus, the Steelers cannot play like this against the Pack -or we'll get trounced.

very true. wallace and ward were completely shut down by cro and revis they combined for 3 catches for 20 yards. GB has a good 1-2 CB combo as well

Jetsfan115
01-23-2011, 10:05 PM
OVER RATED!!!! My post was deleted.. Talking smack, backing down.. Why do moderaters delete posts?

becuase maybe the mod is giving you a hint to show some class.

GMU Steeler
01-23-2011, 10:05 PM
Thanks dude. And yeah I'll give Sanchez some love. The fumble return for a TD could have paralyzed emotionally a weaker QB but he didn't give up and the Jets secondary held our receivers in line pretty well. If you guys ever get a run D to match your pass D, I think you'll be even better.

BigRick
01-23-2011, 10:06 PM
Wish your fat ass coach had just half the class you do. :tt03:

CargoJon
Good class by coming back to post. Your team didn't give up and played a hell of a 2nd half. Textbook "never give up" attitude.

Thanks again for getting the Patriots out of the way for us.....

SteelCityMom

Your THREAD wasn't deleted. It was locked down because it's stupid to start celebration threads at half time. It's open again now and moved to the Blast Furnace where it belongs.

mcg24
01-23-2011, 10:07 PM
dude i canme back and ate crow. have a little respect and class

I do respect you for coming back, I didn't think you would. But you would have done the same if we would have lost as well. Just a little smack, relax. Well played game, but now it's off to Dallas!

DFWSTEELERFAN
01-23-2011, 10:09 PM
becuase maybe the mod is giving you a hint to show some class.

Show class, weren't you the one for calling people out for "backing down"????.. lol!

SteelKnight
01-23-2011, 10:13 PM

You were classy the whole time.

You were right...Sanchez is better than I thought...maybe 14-15 like you said.

Your team played really well.

steelers33
01-23-2011, 10:13 PM
Well once again the Steelers managed to take a blown out game and make it close again. I wish they can play a whole game of football. Had a good second half vs the Ravens and a crappy second half vs the Jets and vice versatile. Mendy Miller would have to come up big again if we want to win the Super Bowl.

sharkweek
01-23-2011, 10:19 PM
Good game man, your D is really impressive. Stay classy.

I don' think their D was impressive tonight, the secondary was impressive, that's about it. Their D Line was successful in getting penetration, but that's really not saying much considering our O Line and losing Pouncey on our first drive.

I was far more impressed with Sanchez and the offense the way they were able to rally in the 2nd half, the Jets D wasn't that great considering all the running yards they gave up even though they were in our backfield what seemed like more often than not.

We also just about completely shut down our offense in the second half (damned Bruce Arians getting predictable instead of playing like its 0-0 in the 3rd quarter) until that final drive.

I was a pretty big disbeliever of Sanchez going into this game but I'm pretty convinced now that it seems like he'll have a decent future. We had him and the Jets O broken by half time but they came back in the 2nd half like that didn't happen. I'm still not sold that he'll be a top 10 guy but you don't need a top 10 QB to win the Superbowl with talent like the rest of the Jets team has.

DFWSTEELERFAN
01-23-2011, 10:19 PM
You were classy the whole time.

You were right...Sanchez is better than I thought...maybe 14-15 like you said.

Your team played really well.

:tt02:

harrison'samonster
01-23-2011, 10:22 PM
Sanchez definitely showed toughness in that second half. You Jets fans definitely have a team to be proud of. Beat two of the top QB's of the decaded, and then came out and made Rothlisberger look terrible.

Jetsfan115
01-23-2011, 10:29 PM
Sanchez definitely showed toughness in that second half. You Jets fans definitely have a team to be proud of. Beat two of the top QB's of the decaded, and then came out and made Rothlisberger look terrible.

i think next season he'll be a top 10 QB. year 3 is huge for QBs

Fire Arians
01-23-2011, 10:40 PM
Sanchez earned my respect, most qb's especially ones like douchebag cutler would have crumbled after half time, he hung in there tough and didn't give up.

good game fellas, you guys had me worry a little at the end. Mendenhall had a big game like I predicted. I knew we wouldn't have too much success through the air, but if they're playing coverage, mendenhall was gonna have his opportunities to gash the jets for yardage

steelerschik
01-23-2011, 10:43 PM
i think next season he'll be a top 10 QB. year 3 is huge for QBs

You may be right. Of course the Steelers meltdown contributed to that a bit. All in all, good game and congrats on your season. I wish more Jets fans were like you. Already reading the excuses of "the refs" giving us the game again (as usual and the typical loser response) and the Jets beat themselves crap. I don't know how these people survive in the real world cause they have no comprehension of reality whatsoever.

Steelboy84
01-23-2011, 10:49 PM
eat that crow baby

JetsFan17
01-23-2011, 10:49 PM
To root for the Pittsburgh Steelers?

8 SB appearances. Man. I don't even think I need to say more to express how I feel.

Hell of a football game. The Steelers were the better team tonight. This is the most painful loss of my Jets-watching career.

Enjoy the next two weeks guys. Beat the NFC.

Atlanta Dan
01-23-2011, 10:54 PM
Thanks

I did not know how spoiled we are when it happened in the 70s - I just assumed it would never end

Now I know how amazing it is

Pdiddy
01-23-2011, 10:54 PM
I really thought there was no way anyone but the Pats could beat the Steelers and when the Jets won last week, I was afraid that this was going to happen.

Congrats on making it back to the big game. :hatsoff:

Here's hoping Aaron Rodgers has a better game in the Super Bowl than he did today. On the other hand, if he plays like he did the first two playoff games, it could be a heck of a game!

FanSince72
01-23-2011, 10:57 PM
If spoiled means GREAT, then yes I know!

El Nino
01-23-2011, 10:57 PM

8 SB appearances. Man. I don't even think I need to say more to express how I feel.

Hell of a football game. The Steelers were the better team tonight. This is the most painful loss of my Jets-watching career.

I've been a fan since 1990 (when I first got into football as a kid) and seen enough heartbreaking losses in the playoffs for a lifetime. I never take a season for granted and still very thankful for our team's effort.

Your jets squad is going to be back, I expect to see them in the playoffs for at least the next few years. Sanchez definitely earned his stripes and may be on his way to elite status if he can keep playing well in big games.

tony hipchest
01-23-2011, 10:58 PM
that says alot of you just to come back and offer congrats.

thanks. :cheers:

TRH
we're so spoiled that if we even have one bad play, half the fans want to abandon ship and go "game over". Its totally hilarious. I can't even help myself for acting this way alot of the time.

TurkJetFan
Your team deserves the win. Represent the AFC well in the Super Bowl...

and good game.

oh and I don't care what anyone says about your QB...he is a big game QB and a great player...

FanSince72
01-23-2011, 11:00 PM

Hey man, you love your team and you fight for them you don't back down and you stay on the high road.

That makes you a true fan and there ain't nothin' wrong with that!

Jetsfan115
01-23-2011, 11:00 PM
You may be right. Of course the Steelers meltdown contributed to that a bit. All in all, good game and congrats on your season. I wish more Jets fans were like you. Already reading the excuses of "the refs" giving us the game again (as usual and the typical loser response) and the Jets beat themselves crap. I don't know how these people survive in the real world cause they have no comprehension of reality whatsoever.

he has 6 career games in the postseason already in 2 years

95/157 (60.5%) for 1155 yards (7.36YPA) 9TD 3INT, 94.3 rating.

shows up big in big games

GMU Steeler
01-23-2011, 11:02 PM
he has 6 career games in the postseason already in 2 years

95/157 (60.5%) for 1155 yards (7.36YPA) 9TD 3INT, 94.3 rating.

shows up big in big games

He actually in a way reminds me of Ben. He doesn't seem to panic or care that he plays teams that are considered elite like us, the Pats, or the Colts. I think the dude's got a good futhre ahead of him. One thing's for sure. The emergence of the Jets under him and Coach Ryan has made it a lot more difficult for the Patriots to just breeze through your division and believe me that makes me happy since there really is no team I hate more than the Patriots, I even hate the Ravens less and they're our most hated rival but as your CB said about Brady, he's an asshole.

sarahpalinhater
01-23-2011, 11:05 PM
I agree with all those Sanchez replies. He showed that he does not give up. He again should NEVER be questioned about not being a cold weather QB. Even though I do feel alot of the way the coaches pulled a 180 in the 2nd half on defense had alot to do with Sanchez 2nd have success. But regardless, he showed well.

TRH
01-23-2011, 11:05 PM
ben against our D

i will give Sanchez some due. He was really rallying the team and making some great throws in the 2nd half..

On the Ben part of this, as talked about already by almost every analyst after the game, the stats on Ben in this instance don't even begin to tell the story.
1. He made the critical throws when he needed to do and when the game was on the line
2. One interception was basically a pop-up and the other one was extremely deep in Jets territory (it was actually better for us at the time than a lousy punt would have been....so taking the chance on the deep throw was the right thing to do..)
3. Playing most of the game w/out All-Pro Pouncey and still being the great leader is another 'non-stat' you can't see just by posting up "numbers"

SteelCityMom
01-23-2011, 11:07 PM
Sanchez played extremely well in the second half, as did the Jets D. I give them full credit for making it a typical heart attack Steelers game.

I knew going into the half with that kind of lead though, that I (or the team) couldn't get comfortable. It just doesn't work that way lol.

Thanks for all the congrats. Better luck next year guys. :drink:

SeinfeldNut
01-23-2011, 11:24 PM
Your team did a heck of a job coming back, you guys will be back next year.

mcg24
01-23-2011, 11:30 PM
Your team deserves the win. Represent the AFC well in the Super Bowl...

and good game.

oh and I don't care what anyone says about your QB...he is a big game QB and a great player...

"I'll be sure to try and find you after the Jets win...although I'm pretty confident you'll either be crying in a corner or be taking a few days off "

-TurkJetFan

MikeHaullace
01-23-2011, 11:32 PM
"I'll be sure to try and find you after the Jets win...although I'm pretty confident you'll either be crying in a corner or be taking a few days off "

-TurkJetFan

Yeah. Was wondering about this joker.

ZoneBlitzer
01-23-2011, 11:34 PM
Sanchez will hoist the Lombardi one day if they can keep that team together and that defense. The kid is remarkably poised and has all the tools a great QB needs.

Jetsfan115
01-23-2011, 11:36 PM
He actually in a way reminds me of Ben. He doesn't seem to panic or care that he plays teams that are considered elite like us, the Pats, or the Colts. I think the dude's got a good futhre ahead of him. One thing's for sure. The emergence of the Jets under him and Coach Ryan has made it a lot more difficult for the Patriots to just breeze through your division and believe me that makes me happy since there really is no team I hate more than the Patriots, I even hate the Ravens less and they're our most hated rival but as your CB said about Brady, he's an asshole.

he's very calm and while he isn't as big as ben he finds ways to elude pressure and extend plays. hopefully he can win as many rings as ben lol

I agree with all those Sanchez replies. He showed that he does not give up. He again should NEVER be questioned about not being a cold weather QB. Even though I do feel alot of the way the coaches pulled a 180 in the 2nd half on defense had alot to do with Sanchez 2nd have success. But regardless, he showed well.

i was worried about him after he took that hit. he was in alot of pain. plus he was playing with a bum shoulder. kid has guts

El Nino
01-23-2011, 11:43 PM
Sanchez will hoist the Lombardi one day if they can keep that team together and that defense. The kid is remarkably poised and has all the tools a great QB needs.

yep not to mention shonn greene is the real deal. they gotta stop the run better though, mendenhall killed them

Pac
01-23-2011, 11:47 PM

The Jets are a better team than the Steelers. I'm positive of that. How about thanking god for the horrible officiating instead of trying to be a tough guy.

El Nino
01-23-2011, 11:49 PM
The Jets are a better team than the Steelers. I'm positive of that. How about thanking god for the horrible officiating instead of trying to be a tough guy.

the only thing you guys have better than us is defensive secondary. We're better than you at everything else.

mcg24
01-23-2011, 11:50 PM

Officiating?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

CargoJon
01-23-2011, 11:53 PM

Dude, the Seahawks, Cards, Ravens, etc. have all played that card. Come up with a new excuse. You sound like a loser. Oh, wait.........

SteelCityMom
01-23-2011, 11:54 PM

Congrats on being a sore loser and an excuse maker. Enjoy the offseason. :wave:

BigRick
01-24-2011, 12:17 AM

Looks like the scoreboard says otherwise. Also they didn't let Cromartie get away with all the bullshit he did in the last game. Bunch of sorry ass Jets fans, can't wait to see Letterman's latest Jets jokes!!!! :helmet:

TRH
01-24-2011, 12:21 AM

WHOA, slow down, sport.
The Steelers are clearly the better team. And surprisingly, the officiating was pretty good tonight. If anything, the officiating was ever so slightly in the Jets favor. I was pretty p***ed off a couple times, thinking the refs were "on your side"

MaidenIndiana
01-24-2011, 12:22 AM

How about shutting the F*#K up and take your 2 years in a row losing the AFC championship game ass home:tt02:

SteelKnight
01-24-2011, 02:01 AM

Thanks. It hasn't always been easy. There was that decade called the 80's. LOL I remember as a kid I had to pull a slick one when my friends would tease me that the Steelers hadn't won anything since the 70s. I would correct them and say "Yeah they did. They one once this decade...1980". They would say "They did?...Oh..." Meanwhile I knew it was January 1980 but really the 1979 Season...but I held on to that to carry me through all of the 80s that we had done something that decade...lol

Neil bailed on us after giving away the SB (1995 season) with 2 random picks but we wouldn't have been there without him. Kordell didn't make the rest of the 90s/early 2000s any better with his great play then random choking but we were happy because we had been bad for so long and it was 10 times better than the 80s.

It was with Maddox that things started to feel really good ...then Ben continued that. Hopefully Ben can be our QB for the next 9 years and give us 3 more SBs for a total of 5 for him.

LVSteelersfan
01-24-2011, 02:23 AM
I take back any thing I said about Sanchez this week although the first half was exactly what I expected from him. I will on the other hand take nothing back I said about that fat jerk of a coach. Watching him throw his stuff down when he knew they lost shows how much of a jerk he is. Can't lose with class but he never could as a Raven's coach either. When he pulled that Hard Knocks crap of guaranteeing a Super Bowl in the preseason, I started disliking him right then and there. Writing checks with your mouth that your fat A $ $ can't cash is par for the course for the Ryans.

MikeHaullace
01-24-2011, 02:26 AM
When he pulled that Hard Knocks crap of guaranteeing a Super Bowl in the preseason, I started disliking him right then and there.

This is actually news to me. I do not watch anything that is cable TV and did not know of the preseason guarantee.

That makes it so much better.

LVSteelersfan
01-24-2011, 02:35 AM
This is actually news to me. I do not watch anything that is cable TV and did not know of the preseason guarantee.

That makes it so much better.

I don't watch that crap either. I just heard about it on the NFL Network. I never liked him and he is my next despised coach behind Belicheat. The Steelers would never sink so low as to be on Hard Knocks although they have been approached.

SteelKnight
01-24-2011, 03:09 AM
I take back any thing I said about Sanchez this week although the first half was exactly what I expected from him. I will on the other hand take nothing back I said about that fat jerk of a coach. Watching him throw his stuff down when he knew they lost shows how much of a jerk he is. Can't lose with class but he never could as a Raven's coach either. When he pulled that Hard Knocks crap of guaranteeing a Super Bowl in the preseason, I started disliking him right then and there. Writing checks with your mouth that your fat A $ $ can't cash is par for the course for the Ryans.

I kind of like Rex Ryan. He jokes around a lot but I can tell he is a good and honorable person. I respect him. I don't know why people keep talking about his weight. What does that have to do with anything?

Sometimes you can just tell people who have class...and Rex has it. He is funny. He just lost his 3rd AFC Championship in a row so if he was emotional for one play, who can blame him.

I guess I like competitive people so long as they do it with a smile.

He is what I would look for in a friend. He is loyal, good spirited, has a good sense of humor, has humility, competitive but respectful, etc. and his players like playing for him so what's the big deal?

MikeHaullace
01-24-2011, 03:18 AM
I kind of like Rex Ryan. He jokes around a lot but I can tell he is a good and honorable person. I respect him. I don't know why people keep talking about his weight. What does that have to do with anything?

Sometimes you can just tell people who have class...and Rex has it. He is funny. He just lost his 3rd AFC Championship in a row so if he was emotional for one play, who can blame him.

He is what I would look for in a friend. He is loyal, good spirited, has a good sense of humor, has humility, competitive but respectful, etc. and his players like playing for him so what's the big deal?

I think it is because his wife is hotter than anything they'll ever get in their life. OOOH!

SteelKnight
01-24-2011, 03:29 AM
I think it is because his wife is hotter than anything they'll ever get in their life. OOOH!

LOL. I just don't get it. You can tell he is "good people". There are other coaches I probably wouldn't like as much. I hated Bill Parcells and thought he was a real tool. he would throw his players under the bus and he had real arrogance. Rex is playful. I'm not a fan of Belichick. I respect him but I'm not a fan.

The other thing about Ryan is he is not a phony. I hate phonies. We'd get along fine. The stuff he says to the media is the stuff all coaches say behind closed doors. It's just that every other coach has the respectful PC act they give. Even though Rex jokes around a lot, I haven't seen him be disrespectful to any coach or player.

LVSteelersfan
01-24-2011, 03:55 AM
He is a Ryan. That is all that is needed to say. Buddy Ryan was one of the biggest jerks ever as a coach. Rex is better but he is still arrogant. I realize that the fat part is unnecessary, but his arrogance is something I will never like. He was that way with the Ravens and he is still that way. I am so glad the Steelers shot his butt down yet again.

BritishSteel
01-24-2011, 03:59 AM

Heh heh heh heh.

Pity you don't get trophies for 'being the better team', or did you not bother watching the 1st half, the one where your team got an old-fashioned kicking?

To the OP on this thread. Take heart from that second half performance - that Jets D is the real deal, and sanchez can hold his head up this morning - it takes stones to take the beating he took in the 1st half and come out fighting as hard as he did.

B&Y
01-24-2011, 03:59 AM
Reg'd to reply..

First, great toughness by the Jets. It would've been easy to fold but the score after halftime kept things alive and they never quit. The team's got the mark of a winner.

Sanchez wound up with a pretty solid second half although he was begging for a pick with some of the throws. He's doing quite well for someone thrust into a starting QB position as a rookie. The D did a great job shutting down Pittsburgh until the very end. Steelers will have the Rooney's playing on the line if the f'ing injuries keep up.

Rex Ryan... I want the Jets to win a Superbowl to stick it up the ass of the media, who spend so much time trying to coax trash talk and 'colorful' stories out of players and coaches, and then bitch about it when an outgoing guy like Ryan comes along. Basically, I like his style and it's been playing well with his team. Keep it up.

The Steelers did enough to get by which is good for me--here's your crow--but I'd have been happy to be a bandwagon Jets fan for a game. Best of luck next year.

plenewken
01-24-2011, 07:00 AM

Better teams don't trail by 24 pts in a Championship game and they don't blame it on the zebras. Typical New Yawk fan.
Enjoy the off-season and try to keep your key players for next year, which won't be easy.

SacknificentStew56
01-24-2011, 07:08 AM
Thanks for stopping by. Hopefully you're pulling for us to bring the Lombardi back to the AFC.

pete74
01-24-2011, 08:00 AM
its funny how the fans of the losing team always makes up excuses as to why there team lost. the steelers running game and defense totally dominated the Jets in the 1st half. steelers looked like they were playing a high school team and thats the truth. we kinda gave up in the 2nd knowing we had the win but other then that the jets were totally outmuscled by a far superior team

as for rex, i dont like him but i respect him. everything he says is to motivate his team and he probably should of continued to do it last week

as for the jets fans who said there glad steelers beat the ravens becausr baltimore was the better team and they would rather play us then them, well you got your wish. you made a hug mistake wishing for the steelers and found out what real playoff football felt like.

isunormalil
01-24-2011, 08:16 AM

Classy, bro!

4xSBChamps
01-24-2011, 08:35 AM

... originally from Seattle?

caseyviator
01-24-2011, 08:42 AM
I'll agree with that. Ben had a really bad game, and the Jets D was pretty smothering in converage.

are u serious ??the one long int was a punt and the short int on 4th down didnt matter either..ben was the best player on the field .even the guys on espn were sayin that and they hate ben!!

without ben they do not win that game period..... so how can he have had a bad game??

SteelHaven
01-24-2011, 08:48 AM

8 times :afc: Champs Baby!

plenewken
01-24-2011, 09:00 AM
are u serious ??the one long int was a punt and the short int on 4th down didnt matter either..ben was the best player on the field .even the guys on espn were sayin that and they hate ben!!

without ben they do not win that game period..... so how can he have had a bad game??

What a tool! We're "punting" on 2nd and 11 now? It was a bad pass, period. The first one isn't his fault but the second is completely on him. Ben played OK but nothing to drool about.

You're so funny with your unconditional admiration for Ben. Are you his fiancee? LOL
Best player on the field was Mendenhall. Everyone with an ounce of brain saw it.

Jetsfan115
01-24-2011, 09:41 AM
yep not to mention shonn greene is the real deal. they gotta stop the run better though, mendenhall killed them

he trucked over ryan clark on the 2nd and 19 play. he needs to get the ball more and LT needs to get it less next year. too bad our OC sucks

the only thing you guys have better than us is defensive secondary. We're better than you at everything else.

This argument again? in the words of charlie brown. Good grief

Jetsfan115
01-24-2011, 09:50 AM
Officiating?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I never blame the officiating but it was really poor this game. I can think of a bunch of horrible calls going against the jets. We gave you how many 1st downs by penalty on 3rd and 4th down? here are a few big ones.

sanchez slides feet first giving himself up, Harrison (a marked man by NFL refs for the way he plays) still lays a hit on sanchez including an elbow to the head, yet no penalty?

Eric smith is getting ready to lay a hit on the receiver if he catches the ball but a jets LBer knocks it down on 3rd down, smith holds up and stops momentum but the WR runs into him from his own momentum. 15 yard penalty on the jets

jets on 2nd down one of the jets WRs breaks beats the steelers DB on a nice move with no safety help, the steelers DB then pulls the jest WR down while the ball is in teh air 20+ yards downfield. Refs call illegal contact and not PI meaning only 5 yards for teh jest not the 20+ yards it shoulda been

Sanchez "fumble" arm was moving forward. enough said. that cost us 7 points

The "roughing the kicker" the ball was touched by out LBer and he only barley touched the foot of the kicker. even if the refs hadn't seen the ball being tipped it should had been running into the kicker not roughing.

Bart scott come sup the middle untouched on a blitz on 3rd down the RG for pitt sticks his leg out and trips him. No call. steelers get a 1st down

Do you want me to keep going?

So yeah the officiating was horrific, but i never blame a ref for a loss. you guys won and nothing can take that away form you

CargoJon
01-24-2011, 10:03 AM
I never blame the officiating but it was really poor this game. I can think of a bunch of horrible calls going against the jets. We gave you how many 1st downs by penalty on 3rd and 4th down? here are a few big ones.

sanchez slides feet first giving himself up, Harrison (a marked man by NFL refs for the way he plays) still lays a hit on sanchez including an elbow to the head, yet no penalty?

Eric smith is getting ready to lay a hit on the receiver if he catches the ball but a jets LBer knocks it down on 3rd down, smith holds up and stops momentum but the WR runs into him from his own momentum. 15 yard penalty on the jets

jets on 2nd down one of the jets WRs breaks beats the steelers DB on a nice move with no safety help, the steelers DB then pulls the jest WR down while the ball is in teh air 20+ yards downfield. Refs call illegal contact and not PI meaning only 5 yards for teh jest not the 20+ yards it shoulda been

The "roughing the kicker" the ball was touched by out LBer and he only barley touched the foot of the kicker. even if the refs hadn't seen the ball being tipped it should had been running into the kicker not roughing.

Bart scott come sup the middle untouched on a blitz on 3rd down the RG for pitt sticks his leg out and trips him. No call. steelers get a 1st down

So yeah the officiating was horrific, but i never blame a ref for a loss. you guys won and nothing can take that away form you

1. Sanchez's arm may have been going forward, but the ball never was. And oh, by the way, even if his arm WAS going forward with the ball, because the ball was never tipped, IT'S STILL A FUMBLE.....A "PASS' THAT GOES BACKWARDS. The only way it's an incomplete pass is if it goes FORWARD....which obviously it never did.

2. You benefited from just as many penalties resulting in 1st downs as we did. I can recall 3 in the first half alone because CBS put the stat up on the screen.

3. Heath Miller catch that was overturned. Really? Phil Simms thought it was a catch, the ruling on the field was a catch, clearly not enough to overturn.

Let's face it. Hochuli's crew sucks. But it wasn't one-sided, both sides got some shitty calls and no-calls.

StainlessStill
01-24-2011, 10:04 AM

The refs?! The ****ing Refs?! What a shock from a NY fanbase! The Steelers never, ever win and no other team ever, ever loses! It's always the refs! Be glad you shared the same field as Pittsburgh, you're lucky they gave you a second half thrill. Mendenhall couldn't be stopped. COULDN'T be stopped, "refs" or not. Take all that garbage out of here, it's a freakin' tiring argument to blame refs!

Refs, lmao. What little bitches.

plenewken
01-24-2011, 10:06 AM

It wasn't feet first, he slides on his side, not on his back. Harrison could have been flagged though.

Eric smith is getting ready to lay a hit on the receiver if he catches the ball but a jets LBer knocks it down on 3rd down, smith holds up and stops momentum but the WR runs into him from his own momentum. 15 yard penalty on the jets.

That's a hit on a defenseless receiver. No question

No, it's illegal contact, which is the first penalty

Nope. It was a fumble. It's been reviewed and upheld.

He more than barely touched the foot of the kicker, he swung him around, fell on top of him and even kicked him with his foot when they're both on the ground.

The officiating was fair for both teams and wasn't the reason why the Jets lost. I was p*ssed when Ryan called a friggin' measurement to slow down the Steelers when it was obvious the ball was not anywhere near the marker. I hope they change the rule and charge a TO for this BS call.

4xSBChamps
01-24-2011, 10:10 AM
The officiating was fair for both teams and wasn't the reason why the Jets lost. I was p*ssed when Ryan called a friggin' measurement to slow down the Steelers when it was obvious the ball was not anywhere near the marker. I hope they change the rule and charge a TO for this BS call.

:thumbsup:

steelerschik
The refs?! The ****ing Refs?! What a shock from a NY fanbase! The Steelers never, ever win and no other team ever, ever loses! It's always the refs! Be glad you shared the same field as Pittsburgh, you're lucky they gave you a second half thrill. Mendenhall couldn't be stopped. COULDN'T be stopped, "refs" or not. Take all that garbage out of here, it's a freakin' tiring argument to blame refs!

LOL, this x100000000. Blaming the refs, the most loserish lame excuse and the only one that makes sense for fans who can't admit their team didn't do enough to win. Same old same old, it makes them feel better about their loser team. I honest to God now see the NY fans are a bunch of whiny ass bitches just like the Ravens just like Seattle just like the Cardinals, just like anyone who loses to the Steelers and can't face facts. I actually feel sorry for them.

El Nino
This argument again? in the words of charlie brown. Good grief

why are you still here? the better team won, get over it. the jets made a game out of it, but too little too late.

SteelHaven
01-24-2011, 10:21 AM

I agree with you regarding some of the calls you bring up. Eric Smith's penalty will always get called. Sanchez's, yes his arm did move foward but unfortunatly for him and like Phil Simms pointed out it moved forward in a backwards way making it a fumble. I agree with that call without being biased.

It has been a trend in the NFL throughout the years: officiating will always get blamed by the losing team. So where do we draw the line as fans, players, and coaches to take into account that these guys are not perfect and bad officiating will be a given in all games. You have to make enough plays to overcome penalties and and bad calls.

SteelCityMom
01-24-2011, 10:34 AM

Oh please...talk about exaggerating.

I'll spot you the Harrison penalty. That's the only one that should have been called. Maybe a couple holds too, but that can go for both teams. The roughing the kicker call was ticky tacky, but they'll call that ever time. The fumble was a fumble, just like Heath's catch was no catch. Eric Smith deserved the penalty...that would have been called on the Steelers too.

There were ticky tacky and missed calls on both sides. At least you can admit it didn't lose the game for you.

By the way...someone needs to teach the fans at a couple of Jets boards the NFL rules about helmet to helmet contact. A lot of them are freaking out over the helmet to helmet hit on Greene. It's never a penalty when it's on a runner. They're acting like the refs turned their backs on that one.

Farrior_roirraW
01-24-2011, 10:37 AM
By the way...someone needs to teach the fans at a couple of Jets boards the NFL rules about helmet to helmet contact. A lot of them are freaking out over the helmet to helmet hit on Greene. It's never a penalty when it's on a runner. They're acting like the refs turned their backs on that one.

That was a great hit, wasn't it? :tt03:

tube517
01-24-2011, 10:40 AM
Jets are a damn good football team. Say what you want about Rex but he knows how to coach.

UF-Steeler
01-24-2011, 10:48 AM
I still find it funny that Jetsfan115 was talking about how average Mendenhall was before the game. It was nice to see him outshine every running back in that game by a large margin.

The better team won. Anyone with a brain can see that. It was total domination in the first half and as Boomer Esiason said, it was a "beatdown of mammoth proportions" in that first half. I'll give some credit to the Jets in the second half, they played hard, but it was really garbage time at that point. The Steelers were playing not to lose by the time the second half came around. I don't prefer winning a game like that, but the Steelers rarely try to run up the score. It was nice to see the defense and offense milk the clock the way they did.

Great game overall. I was disappointed it was such a blow out at first, but the second half caused enough anxiety that it made up for it, lol.

Jetsfan115
01-24-2011, 10:50 AM
1. Sanchez's arm may have been going forward, but the ball never was. And oh, by the way, even if his arm WAS going forward with the ball, because the ball was never tipped, IT'S STILL A FUMBLE.....A "PASS' THAT GOES BACKWARDS. The only way it's an incomplete pass is if it goes FORWARD....which obviously it never did.

2. You benefited from just as many penalties resulting in 1st downs as we did. I can recall 3 in the first half alone because CBS put the stat up on the screen.

3. Heath Miller catch that was overturned. Really? Phil Simms thought it was a catch, the ruling on the field was a catch, clearly not enough to overturn.

Let's face it. Hochuli's crew sucks. But it wasn't one-sided, both sides got some shitty calls and no-calls.

1) your wrong. if the arm is moving forward and the ball is knocked out regardless of if it goes forward or backwards its incomplete. Do you not remember the tuck rule form the pats/oak game? brady made that rule famous. and the arm was clearly moving forward which is all you need to happen to get an incomplete pass and not a fumble call.

2) we didn't benefit form any penalties. all the ones called on you (and very little there was) were flat out blatant

3) it was the right call. commentators are usually idiots and are almost always wrong on challenges. the ball clearly hit the ground and when it did he clearly lost possession bobbling the ball. it wasn't even close

Did you not read my last line? apparently not.

i don't blame the officiating. we lost because
1) our offense coordinator is horrible
2) we had no sense of urgency as the clock was running
3) we couldn't get plays in on time (although i found out today there were headset issues)
4) we started slow and dug ourselves a 24 point hoel against a great defense
5) we refused to abandon the run late in the game
6) out D couldn't get a 3 and out on the final drive to give us the ball back
7) we couldn't tackle mendy in the 1st half
8) we refused to keep attacked your DBs even though it was clear we could do so easily

UF-Steeler
01-24-2011, 10:54 AM
The Sanchez fumble was actually a fumble. Ike Taylor's helmet hit the back of his hand/forearm area and caused the arm to move forward as he lost possession of the ball.

I guess if I was a Jet's fan I'd look for a reason to call it an incomplete pass; it wasn't.

Jetsfan115
01-24-2011, 11:00 AM
LOL, this x100000000. Blaming the refs, the most loserish lame excuse and the only one that makes sense for fans who can't admit their team didn't do enough to win. Same old same old, it makes them feel better about their loser team. I honest to God now see the NY fans are a bunch of whiny ass bitches just like the Ravens just like Seattle just like the Cardinals, just like anyone who loses to the Steelers and can't face facts. I actually feel sorry for them.

why are you still here? the better team won, get over it. the jets made a game out of it, but too little too late.

I came to show respect and give you guys props for winning a tough game. I got a better question. why are u here? you probably some bandwagon eagles fan who switched because the eagles lost. you joined this moneth and only have 25 posts. (i have more0 and all of them are 1 line trash.

Nice seat at the Super Bowl can be yours for $17,047
Views: 198
Posted By El Nino
Re: Nice seat at the Super Bowl can be yours for $17,047

i'd rather use that money to buy a new car and then drive to a steelers bar
Forum: Pittsburgh Steelers Today, 07:49 AM
Replies: 1
17....it's the Magic Number ?
Views: 2
Posted By El Nino
Re: 17....it's the Magic Number ?

who knows, maybe from now on we need to bench ben for the season whenever he hits the 17 mark ;)
Forum: Pittsburgh Steelers Today, 07:30 AM
Replies: 18
did anybody see
Views: 521
Posted By El Nino
Re: did anybody see

good thing it wasn't ben humping mendenhall, or we'd never hear the end of the rapelisberger jokes
Forum: Pittsburgh Steelers Today, 07:24 AM
Replies: 2
Steelers 24, Jets 19: Ten things we learned
Views: 77
Posted By El Nino
Re: Steelers 24, Jets 19: Ten things we learned

Nobody saw it coming? I did lol, I mentioned that if jets are playing pass and bring in extra cover men we're gonna run over their asses, and that's what happened.

We will need another big time...
Forum: Pittsburgh Steelers Today, 07:17 AM
Replies: 3
Steelers notes: Pouncey no stranger to ankle sprains[
Views: 122
Posted By El Nino
Re: Steelers notes: Pouncey no stranger to ankle sprains[

we will need this guy. o-line looks horrible without him
Forum: Pittsburgh Steelers Today, 07:15 AM
Replies: 13
3rd and 6 - Tomlin vs Cowher
Views: 54
Posted By El Nino
Re: 3rd and 6 - Tomlin vs Cowher

tomlin definitely takes more risks, but i wonder if this kinda call was due to the qb situation. with kordell stewart at qb i'd run the ball. tomlin has ben who is probably the best qb in the league...
Forum: Pittsburgh Steelers Today, 07:10 AM
Replies: 97
I'm here to eat crow
Views: 2,279
Posted By El Nino
Re: I'm here to eat crow

Forum: NFL Football Today, 06:53 AM
Replies: 5
Cutler
Views: 15
Posted By El Nino
Re: Cutler

he gave up, dude is soft
Forum: Pittsburgh Steelers Today, 06:48 AM
Replies: 15
Holmes upset with Jets offensive coordinator
Views: 101
Posted By El Nino
Re: Holmes upset with Jets offensive coordinator

locker room cancer. anyone else glad we got rid of him now?
Forum: Pittsburgh Steelers Today, 06:48 AM
Replies: 11
packers fan in peace
Views: 187
Posted By El Nino
Re: packers fan in peace

This game will be epic, may the best team win. Tons of respect for your team
Forum: Pittsburgh Steelers Yesterday, 09:16 PM
Replies: 17
Pouncey says injury won't sideline him for the Super Bowl
Views: 485
Posted By El Nino
Re: Pouncey says injury won't sideline him for the Super Bowl

we're going to need him. legursky is a huge dropoff.
Forum: Pittsburgh Steelers Yesterday, 08:56 PM
Replies: 22
Antonio F'ing Brown
Views: 629
Posted By El Nino
Re: Antonio F'ing Brown

I wonder if he'll be better than sanders
Forum: Pittsburgh Steelers Yesterday, 08:54 PM
Replies: 30
CNNSI Article-Ben got an A?
Views: 484
Posted By El Nino
Re: CNNSI Article-Ben got an A?

"Great players aren't always great, they're just great when they have to be."

but with that said, I don't think his performance was an "A" by any means. He played well though considering how good...
Forum: Pittsburgh Steelers Yesterday, 08:52 PM
Replies: 18
did anybody see
Views: 521
Posted By El Nino
Re: did anybody see

i don't care if rashard is gay or whatever, if he keeps running like he did today he's my homeboy lol
Forum: Pittsburgh Steelers Yesterday, 08:49 PM
I'm here to eat crow
Posted By El Nino

Forum: Pittsburgh Steelers Yesterday, 08:48 PM
Replies: 10
Aaron Smith in the Super Bowl
Views: 250
Posted By El Nino
Re: Aaron Smith in the Super Bowl

some rotation to keep our big guys up front will be helpful. i dont think he should be named starter over ziggy though.
Forum: Pittsburgh Steelers Yesterday, 08:46 PM
Replies: 28
lets get this out of the way...
Views: 787
Posted By El Nino
Re: lets get this out of the way...

hey you did what any fan should do, believe in your team. that was a good game, probably will see you guys in the playoffs again sometime soon. sanchez is on his way up
Forum: Pittsburgh Steelers Yesterday, 08:43 PM
I'm here to eat crow
Posted By El Nino

Forum: Pittsburgh Steelers Yesterday, 08:19 PM
Replies: 186
Sticky: The Fire Arians Thread
Views: 5,819
Posted By El Nino
Re: The Fire Arians Thread

I really think if pouncey didn't get hurt we would have ran away with the game. without him there was a lot more pressure on ben and 2 botched snaps that were huge, one resulting in a safety
Forum: Pittsburgh Steelers Yesterday, 08:17 PM
Replies: 27
No class Jets
Views: 1,451
Posted By El Nino
Re: No class Jets

haha i was just about to say that.
Forum: Pittsburgh Steelers Yesterday, 08:14 PM
Replies: 22
Antonio F'ing Brown
Views: 629
Posted By El Nino
Re: Antonio F'ing Brown

he's quickly becoming a big time player. love the confidence this kid has too, he definitely doesn't carry himself like a 6th round pick
Forum: Pittsburgh Steelers Yesterday, 08:02 PM
Replies: 27
AFCCG Game Ball
Views: 517
Posted By El Nino
Re: AFCCG Game Ball

his return was questionable, I think he'll be read to play in 2 weeks.
Forum: Pittsburgh Steelers Yesterday, 08:00 PM
Replies: 33
Packers 2&1/2 Favorites
Views: 834
Posted By El Nino
Re: Packers 2&1/2 Favorites

we can beat the pack, they are good. I think we are better!
Forum: Pittsburgh Steelers Yesterday, 07:57 PM
I'm here to eat crow
Posted By El Nino
Re: Congratulations. Do you guys know how spoiled you are?

I've been a fan since 1990 (when I first got into football as a kid) and seen enough heartbreaking losses in the playoffs for a lifetime. I never take a season for granted and still very thankful for...
Forum: Pittsburgh Steelers Yesterday, 07:53 PM
Replies: 186
Sticky: The Fire Arians Thread
Views: 5,819
Posted By El Nino
Re: The Fire Arians Thread

Oh I just created this acct haha. Either way we expected tough moments against the jets who are probably one of the toughest teams to pass against.

I agree with you regarding some of the calls you bring up. Eric Smith's penalty will always get called. Sanchez's, yes his arm did move foward but unfortunatly for him and like Phil Simms pointed out it moved forward in a backwards way making it a fumble. I agree with that call without being biased.

It has been a trend in the NFL throughout the years: officiating will always get blamed by the losing team. So where do we draw the line as fans, players, and coaches to take into account that these guys are not perfect and bad officiating will be a given in all games. You have to make enough plays to overcome penalties and and bad calls.

once again i'm not blaming the refs. there will always be human error, but the teams need to execute. we had plenty of chances to win the game and didn't. at the end of the day most NFL games end teh same way. it comes down to a few big plays at teh end and one team makes them and wins and the other one doesn't. this week you guys made the plays

Oh please...talk about exaggerating.

I'll spot you the Harrison penalty. That's the only one that should have been called. Maybe a couple holds too, but that can go for both teams. The roughing the kicker call was ticky tacky, but they'll call that ever time. The fumble was a fumble, just like Heath's catch was no catch. Eric Smith deserved the penalty...that would have been called on the Steelers too.

There were ticky tacky and missed calls on both sides. At least you can admit it didn't lose the game for you.

none were ticky tack. everything i pointed out was 100% true. you can't have illegal contact when the ball is in the air. you can't elbow a QB in the head, the punt was tipped and therefore you can hit the kicker etc etc.

and you must be looking on stupid jets boards (gang green probably) You guys have been wrong about a few rules as well like the arm moving forward one i pointed out.

Jets are a damn good football team. Say what you want about Rex but he knows how to coach.

thanks

I still find it funny that Jetsfan115 was talking about how average Mendenhall was before the game. It was nice to see him outshine every running back in that game by a large margin.

The better team won. Anyone with a brain can see that. It was total domination in the first half and as Boomer Esiason said, it was a "beatdown of mammoth proportions" in that first half. I'll give some credit to the Jets in the second half, they played hard, but it was really garbage time at that point. The Steelers were playing not to lose by the time the second half came around. I don't prefer winning a game like that, but the Steelers rarely try to run up the score. It was nice to see the defense and offense milk the clock the way they did.

Great game overall. I was disappointed it was such a blow out at first, but the second half caused enough anxiety that it made up for it, lol.

the 2nd half was not garbage time. thats a major insult. you really think they just let the jets score 16 unanswered points to make it a 5 point game with 3 minutes left? and i still don't think Mendy is that good. The jets just refused to tackle and he had great blocking. In the 2nd half he was shut down, that was the point good RBs ice the game. mendy couldn't do that

Jetsfan115
01-24-2011, 11:03 AM
The Sanchez fumble was actually a fumble. Ike Taylor's helmet hit the back of his hand/forearm area and caused the arm to move forward as he lost possession of the ball.

I guess if I was a Jet's fan I'd look for a reason to call it an incomplete pass; it wasn't.

Not at all. i always am unbiased on what the film shows. on the replay you clearly see teh arm move forward for about 2 frames (which in real time is less then a second to the naked eye and near impossible to see which is why i agree it should ahve been ruled a fumble on the field before the replay) and then Ikes helmet actually hits the ball which is what pops it out of marks hands.

UF-Steeler
01-24-2011, 11:05 AM
Mendy is good. You're insane to say he doesn't make plays and his o-line and missed tackles did it all. The guy is met in his backfield consistently.

It didn't look like the Steelers were trying all that hard to keep things going. I'd imagine running on a defense you just shredded in a first half isn't quite as easy when you make adjustments. Mendy is no Jerome Bettis but he got it done. Running 3 times and punting isn't exactly pushing for that final score.

Mendy >> LT and Greene in that game and that's all that counts.

UF-Steeler
01-24-2011, 11:08 AM
Not at all. i always am unbiased on what the film shows. on the replay you clearly see teh arm move forward for about 2 frames (which in real time is less then a second to the naked eye and near impossible to see which is why i agree it should ahve been ruled a fumble on the field before the replay) and then Ikes helmet actually hits the ball which is what pops it out of marks hands.

Sorry but it looked like he lost possession before it started going forward. Guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

I'll give you the James Harrison hit though, should have been called even though he didn't put full bodyweight on Sanchez; he shouldn't of gone in at all.

SteelHaven
01-24-2011, 11:12 AM

You also have to factor that if a play seems inconclusive the officials will always stand by the original call. That may have been the case yesterday.

Jetsfan115
01-24-2011, 11:12 AM
Mendy is good. You're insane to say he doesn't make plays and his o-line and missed tackles did it all. The guy is met in his backfield consistently.

It didn't look like the Steelers were trying all that hard to keep things going. I'd imagine running on a defense you just shredded in a first half isn't quite as easy when you make adjustments. Mendy is no Jerome Bettis but he got it done. Running 3 times and punting isn't exactly pushing for that final score.

Mendy >> LT and Greene in that game and that's all that counts.

true but sanchez >> then ben in this game/ doesn't mean he's a better QB right now. Just means he had a better game. I'd still take greene. oh and didn't mendy only average like 3.9YPC this game? and greene averaged 5.8 i believe

Sorry but it looked like he lost possession before it started going forward. Guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

I'll give you the James Harrison hit though, should have been called even though he didn't put full bodyweight on Sanchez; he shouldn't of gone in at all.

but when you slide feet first any contact is a penalty. that's widely known. especially against a guy who has been fined over 100K this season for late/excessive hits on QBs.

SteelCityMom
01-24-2011, 11:14 AM
1) your wrong. if the arm is moving forward and the ball is knocked out regardless of if it goes forward or backwards its incomplete. Do you not remember the tuck rule form the pats/oak game? brady made that rule famous. and the arm was clearly moving forward which is all you need to happen to get an incomplete pass and not a fumble call.

We can debate this all day. To be honest, the call could have gone either way. It was up for a lot of interpretation, but in the end there wasn't enough in the refs eyes to overturn the call on the field. Had the call on the field been an incomplete pass, it probably would have stayed that way. That's how close it was in my eyes. To me, it looked a lot like the fumble Ben had (in almost the same spot) against the Ravens.

2) we didn't benefit form any penalties. all the ones called on you (and very little there was) were flat out blatant

Yes you did. I know that the losing teams fans don't like to go back and look at anything that benefited them, especially from the refs, but the Jets got 3 first downs by penalty and the Steelers got 4 first downs by penalty. Not as big of a difference as you'd like it to be.

And I understand you not wanting to look it up, I wouldn't either, but there were 6 penalties called for 50 yards on the Jets and 4 for 25 yards called on the Steelers. So 3 of the 4 penalties called on the Steelers, the Jets benefited from.

UF-Steeler
01-24-2011, 11:18 AM
true but sanchez >> then ben in this game/ doesn't mean he's a better QB right now. Just means he had a better game. I'd still take greene. oh and didn't mendy only average like 3.9YPC this game? and greene averaged 5.8 i believe

but when you slide feet first any contact is a penalty. that's widely known. especially against a guy who has been fined over 100K this season for late/excessive hits on QBs.

Mendy averaged only 3.9 YPC that game after Pouncey went out. How you can even try to compare that to the Jets all-pro o-line is beyond me. The guy makes shit happen and gashed a vaunted Jets D. Pouncey is our only great offensive linemen. I believe Mendy was averaging over 5 yards a carry when Pouncey was in.

Also, Ben played really well. Everyone sees that, even the media. He may not have great stats, but he definitely made plays with his legs and clutch plays to win the game. I don't think Sanchez outshined Ben that much considering he was playing against a much more passive defense in the second half.

Didn't I say that Harrison should've been flagged? Don't see why you need to explain rules that I know. Thanks

SteelCityMom
01-24-2011, 11:20 AM
I came to show respect and give you guys props for winning a tough game. I got a better question. why are u here? you probably some bandwagon eagles fan who switched because the eagles lost. you joined this moneth and only have 25 posts. (i have more0 and all of them are 1 line trash.

That's Fire Arians. He created a new account last night because he said he would switch his name if the Steelers won. I'd expect you to know that since you searched his whole post history like a stalker. Nice try though.

none were ticky tack. everything i pointed out was 100% true. you can't have illegal contact when the ball is in the air. you can't elbow a QB in the head, the punt was tipped and therefore you can hit the kicker etc etc.

and you must be looking on stupid jets boards (gang green probably) You guys have been wrong about a few rules as well like the arm moving forward one i pointed out.

Nope, ganggreen was shut down last night cause they couldn't handle it. It was on the official board and JetsInsider. They're still Jets fans though and don't know the rules.

Sanchez' arm wasn't moving forward with the ball in it (only moved forward after the ball had already left his hands). That's a fumble.

The punt was not tipped...they replayed that at least 5 or 6 times and he never touched the ball.

SteelCityMom
01-24-2011, 11:24 AM

Mendenhall averaged 6.5 ypc in the first half. 4.5 for the whole game. Greene played well and all, but only had 9 carries and gained all his yardage in the second half when the D went prevent.

GameTime55
01-24-2011, 11:26 AM
Congrats on being a sore loser and an excuse maker. Enjoy the offseason. :wave:

This^

And good luck to Jetsfan115 who came back and took it like a man wiht some class and dignity (ate crow). Your team is on the rise.

UF-Steeler
01-24-2011, 11:29 AM
Mendenhall averaged 6.5 ypc in the first half. 4.5 for the whole game. Greene played well and all, but only had 9 carries and gained all his yardage in the second half when the D went prevent.

Guess I should actually look up the stats, I feel dumb haha.

I just heard on some AM radio show that Mendy's ypc were much higher when Pouncey was in, so I threw the number out there that I thought they said.

Thanks for clarifying.

NYC_Steeler
01-24-2011, 11:29 AM
JETSFAN115 - Dude: IT'S OVER, GO HOME!! Give it a rest, stop whining about this and that and what could've been. You repeatedly stated how the Jets were going to thrash the Steelers because they beat them the first time, and we told you it wasn't going to happen and why. Now you're still here arguing about the refs, rushing yardage, etc. It's over. Your team couldn't beat the better team, PERIOD. Enough already, be a man and stop the nonsense. GO HOME.

SteelCityMom
01-24-2011, 11:34 AM
Guess I should actually look up the stats, I feel dumb haha.

I just heard on some AM radio show that Mendy's ypc were much higher when Pouncey was in, so I threw the number out there that I thought they said.

Thanks for clarifying.

You weren't far off the mark though...I think his ypc was 3.9 in the second half. I didn't expect it to be that high though after the first half he had. I figured the Jets D had to adjust at some point. It really should have been all about running the clock down at that point, and 3.9/play would have sufficed just fine.

If the D had been able to cover even half decently in the second, they probably would have just kept running and running and running. Or maybe I'm just hoping. :chuckle: That was like Cowher ball from a decade ago though lol.

Redman averaged 6.8 ypc on 4 carries though. :grin:

MattsMe
01-24-2011, 11:36 AM
Remember people, this is the same "unbiased" asshat who claimed

Packers have one of the largest fan bases ever. you know the top 3 franchises for consecutive sell outs? Pack, Giants, and Jets. and that's a measurable fact, not opinion.

Also Jets are currently the most followed team on twitter.

Can i please see one statement here that's semi-unbiased?

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showpost.php?p=901481&postcount=3

He then totally abandoned the thread when it was pointed out numerous times how wrong he was.

Now he makes the claim that Mendy averaged 3.9 ypc against the Jets? :rofl: Log out of the foot fetish chat room and look something up before you post it as fact.

Anyway, just thought I'd point that out. Carry on.

UF-Steeler
01-24-2011, 11:37 AM
It definitely did look like Cowher ball until the last drive there. Caused a lot of anxiety but the end result was worth it.

I have to give kudos to Jetsfan115 though. He isn't a huge talker and he came back like he said he would. I am just happy to see he didn't throw the ref thing out there like some of this fellow fans. (until later in the thread, haha)

Redman was running with passion too. Not sure how his ball security is but he needs to be used more to shut out games.

Jetsfan115
01-24-2011, 11:56 AM
We can debate this all day. To be honest, the call could have gone either way. It was up for a lot of interpretation, but in the end there wasn't enough in the refs eyes to overturn the call on the field. Had the call on the field been an incomplete pass, it probably would have stayed that way. That's how close it was in my eyes. To me, it looked a lot like the fumble Ben had (in almost the same spot) against the Ravens.

Yes you did. I know that the losing teams fans don't like to go back and look at anything that benefited them, especially from the refs, but the Jets got 3 first downs by penalty and the Steelers got 4 first downs by penalty. Not as big of a difference as you'd like it to be.

And I understand you not wanting to look it up, I wouldn't either, but there were 6 penalties called for 50 yards on the Jets and 4 for 25 yards called on the Steelers. So 3 of the 4 penalties called on the Steelers, the Jets benefited from.

in that matter of course we benefited. every penalty is a benefit to their team. but some are so blatant you have to call them and some are in more important situations then others. The Jets Benefited way less then the steelers and didn't get any questionable call or penalty to go their way. I could put it more like that. And also 1 firstd own was actually nto a benefit since it would have been a wide open TD had the DB not threw our WR down. we only got 5 yards instead of the 20+ PI we should have gotten.

Mendy averaged only 3.9 YPC that game after Pouncey went out. How you can even try to compare that to the Jets all-pro o-line is beyond me. The guy makes shit happen and gashed a vaunted Jets D. Pouncey is our only great offensive linemen. I believe Mendy was averaging over 5 yards a carry when Pouncey was in.

Also, Ben played really well. Everyone sees that, even the media. He may not have great stats, but he definitely made plays with his legs and clutch plays to win the game. I don't think Sanchez outshined Ben that much considering he was playing against a much more passive defense in the second half.

Didn't I say that Harrison should've been flagged? Don't see why you need to explain rules that I know. Thanks

Sorry i misheard the info. the steelers ran for 3.86 yards a carry as a team, mendy ran for 4.48 YPC for the game. but in all fairness he had like 19 carries for 115 yards in the 1st half alone, in the 2nd half he had like 8 carries for 17 yards. ouncy dind't get hurt till the last quarter i believe. in the 3rd quarter you couldn't run the ball at all.

Aslo i agree ben played well overall. he extended plays, made 2 big throws at the end of the game, and controlled the clock. but i also think sanchez way out shined him. i mean your 4 WRs total had like what 50 yards combined? All i heard is how fast wallace is and yet he had 1 catch for 6 yards.

That's Fire Arians. He created a new account last night because he said he would switch his name if the Steelers won. I'd expect you to know that since you searched his whole post history like a stalker. Nice try though.

Nope, ganggreen was shut down last night cause they couldn't handle it. It was on the official board and JetsInsider. They're still Jets fans though and don't know the rules.

Sanchez' arm wasn't moving forward with the ball in it (only moved forward after the ball had already left his hands). That's a fumble.

The punt was not tipped...they replayed that at least 5 or 6 times and he never touched the ball.

all it took was 1 click to find the posts and none of them were anything constructive. just saying.

gangreen is a crappy site. There is only 1 jet board i go to. Jetsinsider is a crap site too.

also i've watched both replays several times over and the ball was tipped by the same hand that hit the punters foot, and sanchez arm was moving forward. but its whatever. we had a chance with 3 minutes left to stop u, get the ball back and drive but we couldn't pull it off. you deserve the win and I'm not blaming the refs. you were the better team this sunday

our OC needs to learn to use our RBs better. also by the time greene got carries we should have abandoned the run game. the clock was our enemy

This^

And good luck to Jetsfan115 who came back and took it like a man wiht some class and dignity (ate crow). Your team is on the rise.

Thanks

Jetsfan115
01-24-2011, 12:00 PM
JETSFAN115 - Dude: IT'S OVER, GO HOME!! Give it a rest, stop whining about this and that and what could've been. You repeatedly stated how the Jets were going to thrash the Steelers because they beat them the first time, and we told you it wasn't going to happen and why. Now you're still here arguing about the refs, rushing yardage, etc. It's over. Your team couldn't beat the better team, PERIOD. Enough already, be a man and stop the nonsense. GO HOME.

i never said we'd thrash you. you all said the steelers would thrash us. i said it would be a close game but the jets would make plays at the end to win it. But we didn't. we let you get 2 1st downs to kill the clock and end it

Remember people, this is the same "unbiased" asshat who claimed

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showpost.php?p=901481&postcount=3

He then totally abandoned the thread when it was pointed out numerous times how wrong he was.

Now he makes the claim that Mendy averaged 3.9 ypc against the Jets? :rofl: Log out of the foot fetish chat room and look something up before you post it as fact.

Anyway, just thought I'd point that out. Carry on.

i didn't abandon the thread. some people have lives like work/ going out/ sleeping/ girlfriend/ etc. And i said i misheard the stat. it wasn't mendy but the steelers as a whole averaged 3.86 yards a carry yesterday

It definitely did look like Cowher ball until the last drive there. Caused a lot of anxiety but the end result was worth it.

I have to give kudos to Jetsfan115 though. He isn't a huge talker and he came back like he said he would. I am just happy to see he didn't throw the ref thing out there like some of this fellow fans. (until later in the thread, haha)

Redman was running with passion too. Not sure how his ball security is but he needs to be used more to shut out games.

Thanks

SteelCityMom
01-24-2011, 12:03 PM
Sorry i misheard the info. the steelers ran for 3.86 yards a carry as a team, mendy ran for 4.48 YPC for the game. but in all fairness he had like 19 carries for 115 yards in the 1st half alone, in the 2nd half he had like 8 carries for 17 yards. ouncy dind't get hurt till the last quarter i believe. in the 3rd quarter you couldn't run the ball at all.

Pouncey got hurt in the first quarter. Mendy still ran hard with Legursky in at center.

all it took was 1 click to find the posts and none of them were anything constructive. just saying.

And I'm just saying you had no clue who he was, even though you searched his history (whether it was one click or 50 clicks).

Jetsfan115
01-24-2011, 12:18 PM
Pouncey got hurt in the first quarter. Mendy still ran hard with Legursky in at center.

And I'm just saying you had no clue who he was, even though you searched his history (whether it was one click or 50 clicks).

So mendy still ran fine w/o puncy then because he basically raped out defense the whole 1st half

and yes i had no clue. i clicked on his name to see the posts under that username, how would i know, i'm not a regular around here and who does that? you can change your name on a forum w/o creating a new profile

Jetsfan115
01-24-2011, 12:22 PM
BTW i take back the incomplete pass. it was a fumble as there is 1 part of the rule apparently i wasn't aware of. Were always told if the arm is moving forward (which it was) however perrara (former VP of officiating) said that its actually all about the hand itself moving forward so even though the arm was moving forward the hand wasn't therefore its an Fumble

The CBS announcer Jim Nantz thought it was a pass. The officials ruled that it was a fumble. What did you think?

Before the half, Mark Sanchez was hit by Ike Taylor, and William Gay scooped up the ball and ran in for a touchdown. Mike Pereira, the former N.F.L. vice president for officiating and now an analyst for Fox Sports, wrote:

It was a good call by referee Ed Hochuli and a good confirmation in replay.

Sanchez’s hand was moving upward as he was ****ing his arm to throw the pass. The contact that knocked the ball loose came before the hand started forward. It’s all about the hand. Even though the elbow starts forward as part of the ****ing motion, it’s only a pass if the hand is moving forward.

Nine out of 10 of these types of plays are fumbles. Referees are wise to rule these fumbles, because the majority of the time they are. As it turned out, this play would prove to be the difference in the game.

SteelCityMom
01-24-2011, 12:30 PM
So mendy still ran fine w/o puncy then because he basically raped out defense the whole 1st half

Yes, the line played exceptionally well in the first half. Even w/o Pouncey.

and yes i had no clue. i clicked on his name to see the posts under that username, how would i know, i'm not a regular around here and who does that? you can change your name on a forum w/o creating a new profile

You can change your name here too...but an admin has to do it (the mods can't) and he didn't want to wait for the admin (who only takes care of the technical stuff, doesn't log in daily). If anyone could change their name on their own it would be a mess (trolls and whatnot).

The point is, you jumped to a conclusion that just because someone had a low post count and had joined recently that they are a bandwagon fan. In the end all you did was make an ass of yourself with the statement.

El Nino
01-24-2011, 12:36 PM
Jetsfan115 I came in here originally congratulating you for being gracious in defeat, but then you started making excuses and trying to discount our win, so I responded like how I'd usually respond to posts like that.

And like SCMom says this is the guy known as "Fire Arians". I said that I'd change my SN if Arians called a good game against the Jets (which I thought he did). I was mostly pleased with increased usage of the fullback and committing to the running game, which arians tends to never do. For once he attacked a defense's weakness rather than trying to just impose his will. I had a feeling the jets were going to play coverage to stop our fast wr's but that would give mendenhall an opportunity to gash them.

Jetsfan115
01-24-2011, 12:49 PM
Jetsfan115 I came in here originally congratulating you for being gracious in defeat, but then you started making excuses and trying to discount our win, so I responded like how I'd usually respond to posts like that.

And like SCMom says this is the guy known as "Fire Arians". I said that I'd change my SN if Arians called a good game against the Jets (which I thought he did). I was mostly pleased with increased usage of the fullback and committing to the running game, which arians tends to never do. For once he attacked a defense's weakness rather than trying to just impose his will. I had a feeling the jets were going to play coverage to stop our fast wr's but that would give mendenhall an opportunity to gash them.

I'm not discounting anything. you can point out where you think the refs or your team made mistakes w/o discounting a win. I never blame anyone for a loss outside of my team. I think this loss falls solely on our o-coordinator, but i'm taking nothing away from you.

TRH
01-24-2011, 12:55 PM
reading through the pages in this thread, i see a lot of jawing back and forth about the Sanchez fumble. There's no debate. It was a fumble. Simple. Clearly.
I watched every sports show under the sun this morning and they ALL said it was without a doubt, a fumble, and good call by the officials, even the analysts who enjoy picking against Pittsburgh.
Nantz (the worst announcer in history...we've discussed this BEFORE this game..) was the only one in the entire world, besides a few disillusioned Jets fans, who said he thought it was a pass. Now remember, this is coming from a guy who is a notorious "Steelers hater" who likes to 'down' them every chance he can get.
Even the usually "against Pittsburgh" Simms said it was clearly a fumble. Nothing against the Jets...they fought back in a great game.
I'm not understanding all the debate.

UF-Steeler
01-24-2011, 01:04 PM
i All i heard is how fast wallace is and yet he had 1 catch for 6 yards.

Wallace burnt Revis pretty hard but Ben under threw it on a play where Revis should've intercepted it. Definitely not taking anything away from the DB play on the Jets. That whole defensive secondary played well in the playoffs.

plenewken
01-24-2011, 01:27 PM
Wallace burnt Revis pretty hard but Ben under threw it on a play where Revis should've intercepted it. Definitely not taking anything away from the DB play on the Jets. That whole defensive secondary played well in the playoffs.

I didn't expect Wallace to be much of a factor yesterday with Revis covering him. I thought Miller and Ward would get more passes than him. Miller did.
In the only instance where Wallace beat Revis, Ben's pass was badly underthrown and it could have been picked.

UF-Steeler
01-24-2011, 01:34 PM
Ya, I didn't really feel we needed Wallace to be a factor to win this game. I'm happy that Mendy was the factor that changed things. That one throw to Miller that was overturned could've been a really great play if there was a bit more touch on the ball. It's easy to pick at little things, but overall I thought we did well last night.

Jetsfan115
01-24-2011, 01:35 PM
Yes, the line played exceptionally well in the first half. Even w/o Pouncey.

You can change your name here too...but an admin has to do it (the mods can't) and he didn't want to wait for the admin (who only takes care of the technical stuff, doesn't log in daily). If anyone could change their name on their own it would be a mess (trolls and whatnot).

The point is, you jumped to a conclusion that just because someone had a low post count and had joined recently that they are a bandwagon fan. In the end all you did was make an ass of yourself with the statement.

My Bad, i made an assumption.

reading through the pages in this thread, i see a lot of jawing back and forth about the Sanchez fumble. There's no debate. It was a fumble. Simple. Clearly.
I watched every sports show under the sun this morning and they ALL said it was without a doubt, a fumble, and good call by the officials, even the analysts who enjoy picking against Pittsburgh.
Nantz (the worst announcer in history...we've discussed this BEFORE this game..) was the only one in the entire world, besides a few disillusioned Jets fans, who said he thought it was a pass. Now remember, this is coming from a guy who is a notorious "Steelers hater" who likes to 'down' them every chance he can get.
Even the usually "against Pittsburgh" Simms said it was clearly a fumble. Nothing against the Jets...they fought back in a great game.
I'm not understanding all the debate.

I said it was a fumble after i read MPs explanation. he said the arm WAS moving forward however its not the arm that's judged but the HAND and the hand wasn't moving forward when the ball was dislodged. I was under the impression (as i'm sure most people are) that its the arm because we always hear the arm and never the hand

I didn't expect Wallace to be much of a factor yesterday with Revis covering him. I thought Miller and Ward would get more passes than him. Miller did.
In the only instance where Wallace beat Revis, Ben's pass was badly underthrown and it could have been picked.

actually he didn't. it appeared that way but if you watch the replay revis is always playing the ball and the QB not just the WR. he was stride for stride and when ben threw the ball revis located it before wallace and slowed down to play the ball while wallace kept running and over-ran the ball and had to stop and comeback for it while revis times it perfectly but it bounced off his chest

UF-Steeler
01-24-2011, 01:38 PM
actually he didn't. it appeared that way but if you watch the replay revis is always playing the ball and the QB not just the WR. he was stride for stride and when ben threw the ball revis located it before wallace and slowed down to play the ball while wallace kept running and over-ran the ball and had to stop and comeback for it while revis times it perfectly but it bounced off his chest

Until I see the play again I can't say for sure. I also notice that you have made some pretty bold statements without checking things out first, so I am not going to take your word on it lol.

From what I remember Wallace was a step ahead of Revis and actually slowed down a bit to try to come back to the ball, Revis was just in much better position for that underthrown ball. If Ben had thrown that ball a step ahead of Wallace, it would've been a touch down.

Jetsfan115
01-24-2011, 01:48 PM
Until I see the play again I can't say for sure. I also notice that you have made some pretty bold statements without checking things out first, so I am not going to take your word on it lol.

From what I remember Wallace was a step ahead of Revis and actually slowed down a bit to try to come back to the ball, Revis was just in much better position for that underthrown ball. If Ben had thrown that ball a step ahead of Wallace, it would've been a touch down.

I've made estimates of stats but I've never called out anything that was on video wrong. At first i thought the same thing you did from the original play and yes the ball was underthrown regardless but on the replay you see revis locate the ball 1st and slow down. I'll see if i can find a replay but i doubt it. i erased the game off my DRV already but i'm sure on NFL replay you'll see it.

Also I found this from NFL.com on the "tuck rule"

from nfl.com: "By interpretation, a pass begins when the passer -- with possession of ball -- starts to bring his hand forward. If ball strikes ground after this action has begun, play is ruled an incomplete pass. If passer loses control of ball prior to his bringing his hand forward, play is ruled a fumble.

sanchez hand wasn't clearly moving forward. it could have been for a split second but nothing that should have overturned the call, based on that it was the right call. however the rule continues to say

When a passer is holding the ball to pass it forward, any intentional movement forward of his arm starts a forward pass. If a defensive player contacts the passer or the ball after forward movement begins, and the ball leaves the passerís hand, a forward pass is ruled, regardless of where the ball strikes the ground or a player."

in the replay the arm was clearly moving forward as you can see form the elbow ****ed inward so based on taht it should have been an incomplete pass.

how can the NFL make a rule that contradicts itself, but i assume how often was an arm moving forward and a hand not and the ball knocked out. I've never seen it before sunday.

Dino 6 Rings
01-24-2011, 02:04 PM
didn't the ball begin to come out after making contact with Taylor's helmet?

The hand was back, the ball starts to get dislodged after making contact with Taylor's helmet and is knocked out while the arm is still back and the impact of Taylor, knocks the ball backwards, and the arm forward...pretty sure that's how it happened. The butt of the ball, hit Taylor's helmet.

OX1947
01-24-2011, 02:08 PM

The hand was back, the ball starts to get dislodged after making contact with Taylor's helmet and is knocked out while the arm is still back and the impact of Taylor, knocks the ball backwards, and the arm forward...pretty sure that's how it happened. The butt of the ball, hit Taylor's helmet.

Actually it was Taylor's shoulder pad that hit it. What a great play.

Dino 6 Rings
01-24-2011, 02:11 PM
I'm pretty sure the butt of the ball hits the side of Taylor's helmet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiNgbkIlxtQ

CargoJon
01-24-2011, 02:12 PM

3) it was the right call. commentators are usually idiots and are almost always wrong on challenges. the ball clearly hit the ground and when it did he clearly lost possession bobbling the ball. it wasn't even close

Did you not read my last line? apparently not.

i don't blame the officiating. we lost because
1) our offense coordinator is horrible
2) we had no sense of urgency as the clock was running
3) we couldn't get plays in on time (although i found out today there were headset issues)
4) we started slow and dug ourselves a 24 point hoel against a great defense
5) we refused to abandon the run late in the game
6) out D couldn't get a 3 and out on the final drive to give us the ball back
7) we couldn't tackle mendy in the 1st half
8) we refused to keep attacked your DBs even though it was clear we could do so easily
The Sancheez fumble had nothing at all to do with the Tuck Rule. That rule applies when a QB starts to throw the ball and stops his throwing motion. That had nothing to do with this play. At all. :coffee:

plenewken
01-24-2011, 02:19 PM
The Sancheez fumble had nothing at all to do with the Tuck Rule. That rule applies when a QB starts to throw the ball and stops his throwing motion. That had nothing to do with this play. At all. :coffee:

Good point.

Buddha Bus
01-24-2011, 03:43 PM

John Harbaugh?

Jetsfan115
01-24-2011, 03:53 PM

The arm was moving forward but the hand wasn't yet and taylors helmet hit the butt of the ball

Actually it was Taylor's shoulder pad that hit it. What a great play.

nope. your buddy had it above correct for the most part

I'm pretty sure the butt of the ball hits the side of Taylor's helmet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiNgbkIlxtQ

Good point.

yes technically but the tuck rule was about if the arm is moving forward its incomplete even if he's trying to tuck it away and not throw it. sanchez was trying to throw so yes its not the tuck rule, but the same principle applies

stlrtruck
01-24-2011, 04:14 PM
Eh the civil jets fans turn to :troll: when the Big Ben strikes.

Come on, it's amazing how people want to point out all the calls that went against their team during a loss. I'll bet you'll find it even more humorous if you dare to go back and watch the game again how many calls weren't made just against your team - if you can do that without your jets colored glasses.

Case in point, 2 years ago a cardinals fan was here crying about the penalties, so still having the SB recorded I went back and watched the game, every play, and guess what I found, the refs missed several holding calls on both sides of the ball, they missed several contact - PI - holding calls down field, and a few others.

Get over it. Stop biatching and moaning like the jets were owed something just because they got back to the AFCCG two years in a row.

The Steelers have been subject to some biased calls this year and in years past. Holding on Harrison comes to mind, but the difference between a second rate wanna be champion team and a champyinz team is overcoming those calls.

The jest did not, the Steelers did. END OF STORY, GAME OVER!

CargoJon
01-24-2011, 04:22 PM
The arm was moving forward but the hand wasn't yet and taylors helmet hit the butt of the ball

nope. your buddy had it above correct for the most part

yes technically but the tuck rule was about if the arm is moving forward its incomplete even if he's trying to tuck it away and not throw it. sanchez was trying to throw so yes its not the tuck rule, but the same principle applies

Wait, let me get this straight. It's not THAT rule, but it applies anyway? Which rule is it? Were they supposed to make one up for Sanchez like they did for Brady? Maybe this is what all the disappointment is for - they didn't name a rule for Sanchez in order to help in get to the Super Bowl. :sofunny:

I forgot to tell you, when Santonio had that long TD catch? That was offensive pass interference....because the CB's legs got tangled up, and neither the receiver nor the defender were playing the ball (yet). I mean, it's not really how the rule works, but maybe we could make it work here, right?? :rofl:

Here - you might need this to dig yourself a little deeper:
http://savannahchannel.com/go/data/file/savannah_news/1144237655_8b2a0282_shovel.jpg

lionslicer
01-24-2011, 04:49 PM
People arguing over Sanchez's fumble? Sounds like the Cardinal fans who argued the Warner fumble.

Its pretty obvious its a fumble, and I'm not even being biased.

BengalDestroyer
01-24-2011, 04:53 PM
Hey the first Jets fan with class I've heard all day. I live in upstate NY so you could imagine how many rotten vegetables I had to dodge because of my Steelers gear!!!! (j/k about the veggies!!!)

mcg24
01-24-2011, 05:03 PM

You know, I don't understand how someone can say someone is a bandwagon fan based on how long someone has been a member of the forum...I've been a Steeler fan all my life and I joined this month. That makes me a bandwagon fan? SCMom, you've been here since August, under all circumstances I would call you a bandwagon fan if you had only been a Steeler fan that long...but I would never assume that the case.

To assume that the day someone creates an account here is the day they become a fan of the team is the height of arrogance. And what makes you any better Jetsfan? When did you join this forum, this month as well? Who are you to go around dishing out the bandwagon accusation? You're as close as they come, especially going to different forums talking their team up.

MattsMe
01-24-2011, 05:06 PM
SCMom, you've been here since August.

Yeah Mom, what gives? :chuckle:

ricardisimo
01-24-2011, 05:23 PM
Yeah Mom, what gives? :chuckle:
Ha! That is priceless. Someone want to give a history lesson?

SteelCityMom
01-24-2011, 05:27 PM
You know, I don't understand how someone can say someone is a bandwagon fan based on how long someone has been a member of the forum...I've been a Steeler fan all my life and I joined this month. That makes me a bandwagon fan? SCMom, you've been here since August, under all circumstances I would call you a bandwagon fan if you had only been a Steeler fan that long...but I would never assume that the case.

To assume that the day someone creates an account here is the day they become a fan of the team is the height of arrogance. And what makes you any better Jetsfan? When did you join this forum, this month as well? Who are you to go around dishing out the bandwagon accusation? You're as close as they come, especially going to different forums talking their team up.

I've been here a lot longer than that...so yeah, it would be bad to assume that. :chuckle:

I was here under SteelCityMom for a while, but there was a horrible accident when Matthew made me a mod and SteelCityMom was deleted. I miss her. :sadpace:

But yes, I agree with you on everything else lol.

mcg24
01-24-2011, 05:27 PM

I don't know who SCMom is or how long shes truly been here, it was just using her as an example of how you can't judge a fan by their join date.

mcg24
01-24-2011, 05:28 PM
I've been here a lot longer than that...so yeah, it would be bad to assume that. :chuckle:

I was here under SteelCityMom for a while, but there was a horrible accident when Matthew made me a mod and SteelCityMom was deleted. I miss her. :sadpace:

I figured something like that was the case. But you understood my point haha.

SteelCityMom
01-24-2011, 05:29 PM

Four score and 7 months ago, some shit went down.... :chuckle:

SteelCityMom
01-24-2011, 05:30 PM
I figured something like that was the case. But you understood my point haha.

Lol, I know...it's all good.

MattsMe
01-24-2011, 05:32 PM
I don't know who SCMom is

:smack: How could you not know who she is? Have you never watched porn?! Or played Rock Band? You can unlock SCMom as a secret character.

Sixburgher
01-24-2011, 05:37 PM
If Sanchez's wasn't a fumble, then neither was this, and the Ravens should have been penalized 15 yards for it besides due to Suggs clocking Ben in the head.

QbKca4qKjjU

Quit bitching and deal.

SteelCityMom
01-24-2011, 05:49 PM
:smack: How could you not know who she is? Have you never watched porn?! Or played Rock Band? You can unlock SCMom as a secret character.

:sofunny:

Connie Lingus

Buddha Bus
01-24-2011, 06:29 PM
Four score and 7 months ago, some shit went down.... :chuckle:

:wink02: :sofunny: