PDA

View Full Version : Post Game Thread

SteelCityMom
01-23-2011, 09:54 PM
Keep all the post game talk here.

lionslicer
01-23-2011, 09:55 PM
Jerts = Sore losers

But they faught hard, I thought I was going to tear my hair out.

Mendenhall humping Ben on the ground = Priceless

TOOLofSTEEL
01-23-2011, 09:55 PM
:shout:- CAN NO LOSE! MUST WINE! :tt02:

Patriotist
01-23-2011, 09:56 PM
How pathetic the Jets were to start a fight at the end. GO HOME!

DoctorCAD
01-23-2011, 09:57 PM
MY HEAD HURTS

SteelCityMom
01-23-2011, 09:59 PM
Jerts = Sore losers

I cracked the hell up at that! :sofunny:

sarahpalinhater
01-23-2011, 10:01 PM
Okay, I will admit I was once again frustrated by trying to go ALL Vanilla on our offense like we have done time after time in Playoff games at Home when we have a lead. However, with that said, I am very Happy with the win, and the WAY we won. Cause I can Guarantee you TWO things. One, when we play AWAY from our field, we ALWAYS open up the offense. And TWO...after this type of performance, and the way we won, I am going to LOVE all the " Brokeback " Mountain Love the NATIONS Media will be giving the Green Bay packers, and Aaron Rodgers these next 2 weeks.

I will love it once again seeing the WORLD against us. Of course it WILL be a tough game if we have to go without Pouncey, who's loss was HUGE in the Jets comeback tonight. I hope he can play....Praying is more like it. But I know we can and will stop the Packers running attack. And Rodgers won't nearly be as Impressive with his running the ball with our quick LB's out there, one of which in Timmons who did NOT play in last years Packers/Steelers game. I am NOT saying we will win for sure cause the Packers are a great team. But their secondary can be had. We killed them last year. So I expect...even IF alot you Ben Haters disagree...a Huge...MVP-Like game from Big Ben, and a 7th title, and I can't wait to see how the voters NOT give Ben the MVP Award he SHOULD have got in the last SB game.

So go ahead World, start the Hate on our team...we LOVE IT :tt03::tt03::tt03:

" HERE WE GO STEELERS...HERE WE GO! " :tt02:

SteelKnight
01-23-2011, 10:05 PM
I think that Baltimore loss and us not trying for a first down to win the game came back to help us. I'm so glad we didn't run it and kick off to them without trying.

MattsMe
01-23-2011, 10:09 PM
Okay, I will admit I was once again frustrated by trying to go ALL Vanilla on our offense like we have done time after time in Playoff games at Home when we have a lead. However, with that said, I am very Happy with the win, and the WAY we won. Cause I can Guarantee you TWO things. One, when we play AWAY from our field, we ALWAYS open up the offense. And TWO...after this type of performance, and the way we won, I am going to LOVE all the " Brokeback " Mountain Love the NATIONS Media will be giving the Green Bay packers, and Aaron Rodgers these next 2 weeks.

I will love it once again seeing the WORLD against us. Of course it WILL be a tough game if we have to go without Pouncey, who's loss was HUGE in the Jets comeback tonight. I hope he can play....Praying is more like it. But I know we can and will stop the Packers running attack. And Rodgers won't nearly be as Impressive with his running the ball with our quick LB's out there, one of which in Timmons who did NOT play in last years Packers/Steelers game. I am NOT saying we will win for sure cause the Packers are a great team. But their secondary can be had. We killed them last year. So I expect...even IF alot you Ben Haters disagree...a Huge...MVP-Like game from Big Ben, and a 7th title, and I can't wait to see how the voters NOT give Ben the MVP Award he SHOULD have got in the last SB game.

So go ahead World, start the Hate on our team...we LOVE IT :tt03::tt03::tt03:

" HERE WE GO STEELERS...HERE WE GO! " :tt02:

You mean we won tonight? Cool! I quit watching in the first quarter after reading your post.

From the gameday thread:

We lost this game if Pouncey is out. Sorry, but it's true :-(

SH-Rock
01-23-2011, 10:10 PM
Disgusting win! But we have two weeks to fix the problems. Oh and Pouncey, needs to get better!

SteelKnight
01-23-2011, 10:10 PM
As we sit here less than in bliss, remember that Green bay got shit down too after their 14 and if it were not for that Raji INT pick 6, they would have had a tied game.

SoCalFan
01-23-2011, 10:13 PM
I think we played a hell of first half,yea they came out playing well in the 2nd half,but we clearly allowed that!

Steelersfan303
01-23-2011, 10:13 PM
Jerts = Sore losers

i kinda thought he was humping him on the ground.. i was like wait did he just do that?

rofl

anyway i picked up my conference champs t-shirt and hat
http://www.footballfanatics.com/NFL_Pittsburgh_Steelers

they arent that great looking though

GMU Steeler
01-23-2011, 10:14 PM
It was ugly as hell but we won it and in the end, that's the only thing that matters to me. Yeah it was frustrating but it's not like the Packers finished up with the Bears easily too. Should be a fun Super Bowl. There's nine combined Super Bowl wins between these two teams and even more history.

harrison'samonster
01-23-2011, 10:15 PM
I've got to give credit to the Jets, their fans have a right to be proud of the talent they have on that team. They'll be contenders for some years now.

Here we come Superbowl! I can't believe I've got to wait two weeks now. Oh well. Pouncey's gonna have time to heal.

sarahpalinhater
Sorry guys but, he has sucked! Injury or not, he has just lost it. I am TOTALLY okay with being " Gay " :doh:...I mean playing Gay. Cause Mcfadden is a huge Anchor for our secondary. If Green Bay goes 5 WR sets then okay, you gotta play him I guess. But Gay is clearly the better player. Mcfadden's horrible play on the Jets second TD on that pick-play was horrible. He looked lost. So I truly hope he gets benched.

Also, did anyone else see the Troy Interview with Sal Paolantonio ? When he said at the end,,,See you in Dallas Troy,,and Troy said God willing...huh ? Is there more to his health then we know ? Or was that just a slip of the tongue ?

MikeHaullace
One more.

Steel_Bus_24
Lord why must they do that to me......its like a goal of theirs to take 10 years off my life:doh:

Please Lord let Pouncey be ok.....we'll need him big time

but Im just going to try and take it in for a few days:sofunny:

Im so proud of them right right now......True warriors:helmet:

Lets finish it Steelers!!!!:tt02:

MikeHaullace
01-23-2011, 10:17 PM
It really was frustrating watching the Jets go down the field at-will in the second half.

With a 3 touchdown lead, it seemed LeBeau was content with 'keep 'em in front and in bounds'. No bueno.

Arians had some very questionable play-calling in the second half but, put up enough points in the first half for it to not matter to me.

All in all, a very ugly, Steelers win.

See you here in a couple weeks, guys! :tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03:

MikeHaullace
01-23-2011, 10:19 PM
Also, did anyone else see the Troy Interview with Sal Paolantonio ? When he said at the end,,,See you in Dallas Troy,,and Troy said God willing...huh ? Is there more to his health then we know ? Or was that just a slip of the tongue ?

Being as humble and spiritual as Troy is, I am sure all he meant was "we aren't guaranteed tomorrow. Every day is a blessing."

frunko1
01-23-2011, 10:20 PM
http://i607.photobucket.com/albums/tt158/joeoshana/1295838190631.gif

oh my

finesward
01-23-2011, 10:21 PM
looks like ben was on the receiving end on that exchange...lol

lionslicer
Ugly wins are how Steelers do it. A win is a win.

Pittsburgh43
Anyone else get teary-eyed? lol

lionslicer
01-23-2011, 10:25 PM

oh my

Number 34 was giving him the business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eslz06J9hFw

SteelCityMom
01-23-2011, 10:25 PM

oh my

:toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

Packers4ever
01-23-2011, 10:27 PM
Congrats on the win tonight Steeler nation. We'll see ya all in Texas in 2 weeks. GO PACK GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SeinfeldNut
01-23-2011, 10:28 PM
I am so elated about this accomplishment they have done, I am so grateful for all of you welcoming me into the Steeler family, I will always be thankful to you all.

ZoneBlitzer
01-23-2011, 10:31 PM
Whew...is all I can say. It appears that this year's team is the master of the ugly win.

SteelCityMom
01-23-2011, 10:32 PM
Congrats on the win tonight Steeler nation. We'll see ya all in Texas in 2 weeks. GO PACK GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Packers are my favorite NFC team, so I'm ecstatic we get to play them in the SB (in Dallas nonetheless...suck it Cowgirls fans!).

Two of the best teams and fanbases in the NFL...may the best team win!

GO STEELERS!!! :tt03:

FanSince72
01-23-2011, 10:46 PM
The most heads up play for me goes to William Gay.

It wasn't the fumble return for the TD as much as it was how he did it.
I could tell that he was actually thinking (or so it seemed) that if he can't get a solid handle on the ball, then he'd simply fall on it. He took the time to make sure he had the ball first and THEN set sail for the end zone.

A less mature William Gay might have tried to run before he had the ball and who knows what might have happened.

Very patient, very "grown up".

I'm liking him more and more.

Steelboy84
01-23-2011, 10:48 PM
It was a great game. I had lots of fun.

PittPatriot
01-23-2011, 10:51 PM
Congrats, Steeler Nation.

My Patriots could not get it done this year...but it was great watching you beat this sickening Jets team. I hate the Jets and Ravens - and I am proud that the Steelers silenced them both.
Congrats!

TRH
01-23-2011, 10:56 PM
what an ugly win, but i'll take it. We have to stop "nearly giving away games" in the 2nd half. There was no excuse for that meltdown. Its doubtful we'd bury GB 24-0 at halftime.
We play like that again, we'll lose. I have no idea how this team keeps pulling wins out of its a**

wutchy
01-23-2011, 10:56 PM
Ben was something like 9 for 19 tonite, for a mere 130 yard, and a couple picks and a fumble or two.

I'm going to have to re-watch the game, but I'm thinking that all nine of Bens completions were thrown from outside the pocket.

Aside from being a terrible pocket passer, he also holds the ball too long while in the pocket.

It is glaringly obvious that Ben needs a lot of time to throw the ball. Why they even bother trying to pass from the pocket is beyond me.

Elway was the same way.

The Steelers should design all their pass plays using QB roll outs and waggles. It buys Ben the time he needs and makes him more effective.

If you "Design" QB rollouts and waggles, it seems to me that THAT would be better then just improvising on the fly. Cuts down on holding penalties and such.

When the Denver Broncos finally resigned themselves to the fact that Elway wasn't a pocket passer, they "DESIGNED" roll out passes, and waggle passes.

If the Steelers insist on trying to use Ben in the pocket, they should at least practice and execute "Timing" passes.

Why bother to make Ben shake off defenders, then roll out or waggle. Just design the play that way. That way the Offensive linemen have an idea where he is and they won't hold or have to guess where Ben is.

sarahpalinhater
01-23-2011, 10:57 PM
Alot of talk already on how Ben was carried in this game. That he stunk it up. Okay yes his overall stats are bad. But he had HUGE, Key running plays for 1st downs. And one of his picks was more Mendy's fault then Ben's. The world is gonna write him off, and jump on Aaron Rodgers butt, and say we have no chance in Dallas...Good! That's exactly what I want.

Farrior_roirraW
01-23-2011, 10:58 PM
:doh: They won. Who cares.

wutchy
01-23-2011, 11:03 PM
:doh: They won. Who cares.

Well, there is this little game called the super bowl in two weeks. Not too late to design some rollouts and waggles. They tend to work better by design.

FanSince72
01-23-2011, 11:04 PM

oh my

Hey, if that's what it takes to keep winning, then party on!

Patriotist
01-23-2011, 11:06 PM
This poor guy who just posted over at the Jets Forum:

"I don't know, I know the general feeling here is either A. Passionate fury or B. Resigned dissapointment.

I feel numb.

The first thing I said after it was decided was "I just don't think it's ever going to happen".

I'm in my mid 30's. My beloved teams last title shot, was half a decade plus before I was born.

I know, as fans we really don't have alot to complain about the past 14 years, we're an upper tier team, 2nd tier right below the real greats of this era.

But at moments like this, it just feels so futile. That no matter how close we get, we're not going to get it, it will slip away from us.

The past two years were great, really. But the team will probably be worse next year due to all the free agents and potential losses. Thats the NFL. And we lack enough picks or cap space to replace them all, not even close.

It feels like this was out shot, and we missed it. Again. **** teh bed the first half as bad as I've ever seen a Championship Game team **** the bed. Kudos for trying hard anyway in the second, but....

but.....

but.....

Thats all we have really, excuses and buts.

Football is not Faith, it's not a religion, although at times, for some of us, it certainly seems like it is.

And I freely admit, I'm wondering if I will live to see the Jets not just in the Super Bowl, but WIN one.

Feel free to call me a bad fan. Right now, after 30+ years of loyalty, I'm truly having a crisis of faith over this franchise.

It's just never going to happen, at least thats how it feels."

SeinfeldNut
01-23-2011, 11:06 PM
Had to hold on and sweat it out but, glad to get the win, I had a BLAST in the game thread! Look forward to many more seasons of doing this!

wutchy
01-23-2011, 11:07 PM
Alot of talk already on how Ben was carried in this game. That he stunk it up. Okay yes his overall stats are bad. But he had HUGE, Key running plays for 1st downs. And one of his picks was more Mendy's fault then Ben's. The world is gonna write him off, and jump on Aaron Rodgers butt, and say we have no chance in Dallas...Good! That's exactly what I want.

Why would you want that? It surely wouldn't motivate Ben to "improve" his game. It ain't like he is only using 90% of his skill and holding back because he doesn't have motivation.

They better work on timing passes, and designed roll outs and waggles for the next two weeks.
When you design rollouts and waggles, you get better execution than just winging it.

sarahpalinhater
01-23-2011, 11:08 PM
I heard Cromartie after the game said..." Man, I am so depressed, I could just IMPREGNATE someone " :-)

FanSince72
01-23-2011, 11:08 PM
what an ugly win, but i'll take it. We have to stop "nearly giving away games" in the 2nd half. There was no excuse for that meltdown. Its doubtful we'd bury GB 24-0 at halftime.
We play like that again, we'll lose. I have no idea how this team keeps pulling wins out of its a**

Come on, it was fun!

Would you rather have seen a blowout that becomes a snoozefest in the middle of the third quarter?

Not me, I HATE blowouts.

And as for the "meltdown", the Jets ARE a good team you know and they threw everything at us including the kitchen sink and we still won.

That's what a 21-point lead allows you to do.

Run up the score and then Rope-a-Dope the rest of the way with just enough nail-biting towards the end.

My kind of game!

cubanstogie
01-23-2011, 11:13 PM
Come on, it was fun!

Would you rather have seen a blowout that becomes a snoozefest in the middle of the third quarter?

Not me, I HATE blowouts.

And as for the "meltdown", the Jets ARE a good team you know and they threw everything at us including the kitchen sink and we still won.

That's what a 21-point lead allows you to do.

Run up the score and then Rope-a-Dope the rest of the way with just enough nail-biting towards the end.

My kind of game!

it was basically like last week, the difference was Ben made the plays when he had to to get 2 big first downs on the last drive, unlike Flacco.

FanSince72
01-23-2011, 11:19 PM
I actually felt pretty good about our chances after Green Bay won because once they were in, the statistical probability of TWO Six-Seeds getting to the Super Bowl in the same year virtually guaranteed that the Jets were going to lose.

SeinfeldNut
01-23-2011, 11:22 PM
I actually felt pretty good about our chances after Green Bay won because once they were in, the statistical probability of TWO Six-Seeds getting to the Super Bowl in the same year virtually guaranteed that the Jets were going to lose.

Yep and it is so hard to win all those playoff games on the road, at some point the team will have a bad half or qtr that costs them the game.

steelerforlife
01-23-2011, 11:23 PM
i checked out the jets boards and all i saw was moaning over the officials.

CargoJon
01-23-2011, 11:25 PM

These cats need to get in line behind Seahawk, Cards, Ravens fans.... :blah:

SeinfeldNut
01-23-2011, 11:28 PM

Yeah, Hoculi was the one who could not run it in on 4th & goal at the 2 yard line...:blah: