PDA

View Full Version : Antonio F'ing Brown

jjpro11
01-23-2011, 11:10 PM
a 6th round rookie and all this guy does is make HUGE plays.. last week on 3rd and 19.. this week with the big kickoff return and catch on the final drive.

FanSince72
01-23-2011, 11:12 PM
The little rookie that could!

GMU Steeler
01-23-2011, 11:13 PM
Dare I say it, but it's definitely possible he'll be making big plays in the SB. I really like the guy too. Heard him interviewed after the game and you could tell he was just so happy and humble. I think Antonio has a nice future with us. And good call on the kickoff return too. That more pressure on the Jets' D. I'd like to see him returning punts in the SB or next season.

El Nino
01-23-2011, 11:14 PM
he's quickly becoming a big time player. love the confidence this kid has too, he definitely doesn't carry himself like a 6th round pick

CargoJon
01-23-2011, 11:30 PM
only thing I'll say is I was pissed he ran out of bounds on the last play...but I think he was down by contact anyway.

SeinfeldNut
01-23-2011, 11:31 PM
Yep, just puts his head down, goes to work in practice, then shines on gameday, makes big plays for us. I am really proud of teh rookie class for us, so many contributions.

BehindSteelCurtain
01-23-2011, 11:37 PM
He needs a nickname already

Steel-Bryan
01-23-2011, 11:38 PM
A.B (Aybee)

SteelHaven
01-23-2011, 11:48 PM
Anyone think that maybe his ko return in Tennessee set the tone for our season?

JCPsteelers
01-23-2011, 11:49 PM
I love antonio brown. What a stud. Great job Antonio.

beer72
01-23-2011, 11:55 PM
Yes hes been awesome!!!

El Nino
01-23-2011, 11:56 PM
I wonder if he'll be better than sanders

LambertWardSteel
01-24-2011, 12:04 AM
Great return and clutch reception at game's end. Fantastic WR crop for Steelers in the last 2 drafts.

JackHammer
01-24-2011, 12:10 AM

His teammates call him Young Money

Neil-Still-Rules-14
01-24-2011, 01:02 AM
Remember guys, we essentially traded Santonio for Brown and McFadden. I'm liking that trade.

A guy who called into Mark Madden the other day called him "BoomBox" because of the way he held the ball to his head on the catch last week.

toughsticks87
01-24-2011, 01:14 AM
Remember guys, we essentially traded Santonio for Brown and McFadden. I'm liking that trade.

A guy who called into Mark Madden the other day called him "BoomBox" because of the way he held the ball to his head on the catch last week.

:chuckle:

I approve.

SteelKnight
01-24-2011, 01:26 AM
a 6th round rookie and all this guy does is make HUGE plays.. last week on 3rd and 19.. this week with the big kickoff return and catch on the final drive.

I know. he deserves his own thread. I remember Bouchette calling him a ****y little kid but if it were not for his catches we may have lost both games.

All he does is catch whatever is thrown to him. If Ward does retire (ope he doesn't) as he said he would in April if we win one more Super Bowl, Brown will make a fine #3.

SteelKnight
01-24-2011, 01:29 AM

A.B (Aybee)

Yeah...I heard Ben calling him AB but IDK if it is catchy enough. "Downtown" might have been cool.

I already think Sanders nickname should be "The Colonel" . Let's see if Berman thinks of that.

I say "60 minutes", "The Colonel" and "Downtown".

SteelKnight
01-24-2011, 01:33 AM

A good trade but are you sure we didn't just trade Santonio for Chris Scott? lol

Santonio did hit me in the mouth because when he made his first catch and did his drop thing, I called him a loser. I said..."You are losing 24-3 and you've been shut down and all you made is one catch and you waste our time with your drop the ball drama? Immature loser."...Next play he torches us for a TD...lol

CaliStillersFan
01-24-2011, 01:57 AM
these 2 rookie's remind me of when we drafted another special pair of WR's years back. I didn't like seeing Sander in #88 to start the season, but I think he's wearing it nicely now.

SeinfeldNut
01-24-2011, 02:01 AM
these 2 rookie's remind me of when we drafted another special pair of WR's years back. I didn't like seeing Sander in #88 to start the season, but I think he's wearing it nicely now.

Yeah I think he has grown nicely into it. Also, what great experiences our rookies are picking up through playing in these playoff games and to play in a Super Bowl.

SteelKnight
01-24-2011, 02:16 AM

Yeah...I was OK. We have too many great players to protect numbers. The only 3 numbers i really don't want to see are #12, #75 and maybe #32...everyone else really should not be protected...we just have too many greats

And if Ward retires, I don't want anyone wearing #86 for 10 years or so. Maybe what we should do is a 25 year honor rather than full retirement. If I can get used to ARE wearing #82 then #88 is fine since I liked #82 better.

Truth be told, if it were a first round player that was expected to be a franchise type player, I really don't mind #32 or #75. If the person has real talent, I see nothing wrong with it. I sort of like how Michael Irvin didn't mind Dez Bryant wearing his #88. It's like passing on the torch of specialness. The player must be good though...lol

Third Rail
01-24-2011, 02:17 AM
Brown, Sanders and Wallace have become one hell of a trio. Not missing Santonio at all anymore.

Deserei90
01-24-2011, 02:46 PM
Brown, Sanders and Wallace have become one hell of a trio. Not missing Santonio at all anymore.Yep, The young money crew:tt04:

chitownpit
01-24-2011, 03:09 PM
In two years , if we shore up the O line , with ben and these kids in there prime
wow , thats a pretty scary foe . Dont forget Rashard hiting his prime in two
years . Man we have a great young talent pool to dip into over the next couple years.
Also believe in Drwyer , if he can get the play book down:thumbsup:

UF-Steeler
01-24-2011, 03:21 PM
I would love to see a big, bruising back in the mix with Mendenhall. If Dwyer can do that, we would have an even more special team in the next few years.

These rookies are playing out of their minds.

jjpro11
01-24-2011, 05:28 PM
I would love to see a big, bruising back in the mix with Mendenhall. If Dwyer can do that, we would have an even more special team in the next few years.

These rookies are playing out of their minds.

last i checked Redman was doing a damn good job with his role. i am pretty satisfied with those two as a 1-2 punch.

steelax04
01-24-2011, 05:55 PM
Yep, The young money crew:tt04:

We got Big Money already... so why not go with Young Money.

SteelKnight
01-24-2011, 06:28 PM
last i checked Redman was doing a damn good job with his role. i am pretty satisfied with those two as a 1-2 punch.

Redman s good and underutilized. He really could be like a Ray Rice. I like Moore but I wish we would lose him to another team so Redman could take over those 3rd down blocking and safety valve plays. He'd be more of a thread to run and would scare defenses more. Also it would give him more touches.

El Nino
01-24-2011, 06:38 PM

and we got the talented dwyer waiting in the wings. our skill positions on offense are looking REAL good as far as the future goes. Now time to solidify this o-line in the draft, which IMO wouldn't be bad at all if not for the injuries. If not for the max starks injury I think our offensive line would dominate. with that said though o-line is our biggest need as of now.

maybe another late-round wr to add some depth or hope sweed pans out (i still think he's worth another shot)

xli...
01-24-2011, 11:53 PM
His teammates call him Young Money

Sounds like a rapper.

43Hitman
01-24-2011, 11:59 PM
A good trade but are you sure we didn't just trade Santonio for Chris Scott? lol

Santonio did hit me in the mouth because when he made his first catch and did his drop thing, I called him a loser. I said..."You are losing 24-3 and you've been shut down and all you made is one catch and you waste our time with your drop the ball drama? Immature loser."...Next play he torches us for a TD...lol

Dude! Lol I did the exact same thing when he did that whole point and drop crap. After he hit that TD, I didn't cuss at him anymore as I figured I somehow pissed him off. lmao

SteelKnight
01-25-2011, 01:16 AM
Dude! Lol I did the exact same thing when he did that whole point and drop crap. After he hit that TD, I didn't cuss at him anymore as I figured I somehow pissed him off. lmao

LOL. I was so irritated by it that the next commercial, I was probably going to hop online to say something but when he scored the TD I had noting to say.

Who does that though? Celebrating a first down with their only catch losing 24-3.
Really what happened is Ike slipped...sorry but true. Sanchez threw a beautiful strike though.

4xSBChamps
01-25-2011, 01:44 AM
The only 3 numbers i really don't want to see are #12, #75 and maybe #32...everyone else really should not be protected...

the day a jersey with #58 sewn onto it gets handed-out will be the day an equipment manager is 'mysteriously lost, without a trace...'

SteelKnight
01-25-2011, 02:00 AM
the day a jersey with #58 sewn onto it gets handed-out will be the day an equipment manager is 'mysteriously lost, without a trace...'

There are just too many good ones to play keep away with. Next people will want to protect Ham's 59. I agree if I had to pick a 4th, 58 would be it but at the same time, I would have no problem with a 1st rounder like Timons wearing 58. As long as the person will bring honor, it is cool. Why should Swann and Stallworth have no protection but Lambert gets it?

Face it. We are so awesome, eventually all the numbers will be memorable...7, 43, 92, 86, 56, and so on. I think they should just protect them for 25 years then let it go...except for Bradshaw, Ben, Mean Joe (because he was the first pick of the dynasty) and Harris (mostly because of the immaculate reception...not only because he is a great player).

I don't get why Webster is protected but not Stallworth.

I think what they should do is only first rounders for some of the big numbers and if the first rounders gets permission from the living legend (like Dez bryant got from Irvin) then it should be fine.

scsteeler
01-25-2011, 03:39 AM
Brown is Stepping up and becoming a clutch receiver which is something we need because they are doubling wallace but now you have to cover Brown now and this will help free up wallace also.

TheTerribleTowel
01-25-2011, 11:25 AM
Candidate for the next jersey I buy. Let's lock this guy up in a good contract