PDA

View Full Version : From a Jets fan, congrats

njjetfan12
01-23-2011, 11:50 PM
I'm crushed by this loss, but I thought I'd come back and make sure to give the Steelers a lot of credit. Both teams played well for a half, but your good half was slightly better than ours. IDK why, but the Steelers have been able to run the ball on the Jets better than any other team has been able to, even with a patchwork offensive line.

Ben is a great QB, and his 3rd down conversion to end the game was so frustrating because you knew that once he left the pocket, nothing good would happen. Now that I got that out of the way, I just wanted to say congrats to all of you Steeler fans, I'm glad the Jets could give a really good game, and if they meet in the playoffs next year I hope the result is different.

lexingtonsteelersfan
01-23-2011, 11:52 PM
Keep your head up and you should be very proud of the year and the second half fight. You were one goal line stand, one fumble and a TD away from a huge win. You will be back next year and congrats on a great season. Ryan is a great coach!

BigRick
01-23-2011, 11:52 PM
I'm crushed by this loss, but I thought I'd come back and make sure to give the Steelers a lot of credit. Both teams played well for a half, but your good half was slightly better than ours. IDK why, but the Steelers have been able to run the ball on the Jets better than any other team has been able to, even with a patchwork offensive line.

Ben is a great QB, and his 3rd down conversion to end the game was so frustrating because you knew that once he left the pocket, nothing good would happen. Now that I got that out of the way, I just wanted to say congrats to all of you Steeler fans, I'm glad the Jets could give a really good game, and if they meet in the playoffs next year I hope the result is different.

Thank you. :helmet:

sarahpalinhater
01-23-2011, 11:53 PM
Yeah, nothing to be ashamed of sir. You guys are gonna be right up there next season.

stb_steeler
01-23-2011, 11:55 PM
Kudos to you for coming by.....i know its ugly in the Jets Boards right now, with all the penalties that some of the Jet fans are talkin bout . (Dont know where they come up with that).It was a good game.

ZoneBlitzer
01-23-2011, 11:55 PM
You've got a great team who gave the Steelers that they could handle. Also, you've got a franchise QB secured which is the hardest thing to find.

mcg24
01-23-2011, 11:56 PM
Whoa whoa a Jets fan who didn't talk a big game coming here to congratulate us after?? IMPOSSIBLE.

But really...thanks for your sportsmanship, and good luck in the years to come.

SeinfeldNut
01-23-2011, 11:56 PM
You should br very proud of the season and how far Mark Sanchez and this whole team has advanced the last 2 seasons, you guys will be back next season stronger than ever!

njjetfan12
01-24-2011, 12:24 AM
Kudos to you for coming by.....i know its ugly in the Jets Boards right now, with all the penalties that some of the Jet fans are talkin bout . (Dont know where they come up with that).It was a good game.

Thanks. Jets fans are mostly upset with the lack of offensive urgency the team showed in the 4th quarter (understandably) and a lot of people think that Harrison should have been flagged when he hit Sanchez after Sanchez went to the ground. (I'm not sure. I figured based on Harrison's reputation it would get called though) Either way, Jets fans on the whole are just depressed because we lost yet another huge game, and one that was very winnable.

Third Rail
01-24-2011, 12:33 AM
Keep your head up, dude. I think that the Jets will get there eventually. Two trips to the AFC Championship Game in a row... that bodes well for the future. Sanchez really does seem to be improving. He steps up a lot in big games and at clutch moments. Good luck next season!