PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl MVP ?

sarahpalinhater
01-24-2011, 01:00 AM
Okay, lets assume that if we win, and that they will never give it to Ben...who is your choice to win it ? Since I think Woodson will be on Wallace,,,and Wallace only got the ball 2 times in last years game, lets assume he covers Wallace. I think the Ole Vet Hines Ward will BI TCH SLAP that kid Tramon Williams. Lets see how aggressive he is once Hines slams him a couple of times :tt02: If not Hines, I will say Mendenhall might get it. Some here are saying it is a HUGE advantage for Aaron Rodgers to be playing on this type of turf. But I also think that this turf will benefit a 1 step and cutback runner like Mendenhall. This turf is gonna be like Heaven to Mendy considering what he has had to play on the past few weeks.

So, who's gonna win it ?

SeinfeldNut
01-24-2011, 01:05 AM
I will go with Mendenhall, I think he will be able to cut through that Packers defense for some big runs, especially on that fast surface. He also has that physicality in his game that he will take defenders on and break their tackles for more yards, I could see 18 carries, 117 yards and 2 TDs for him in the Super Bowl.

Third Rail
01-24-2011, 01:08 AM
Ben. Shoulda been his last time. He's going to get it this time.

Neil-Still-Rules-14
01-24-2011, 01:09 AM

QFT

OX1947
01-24-2011, 01:09 AM
I do not care in the least, I swear, I just want them to win.

sarahpalinhater
01-24-2011, 01:10 AM

Yes but I said assuming the writers don't give it to him no matter what, who do you think has a chance ?

lionslicer
01-24-2011, 01:11 AM
Either Ben or Rogers, doesn't matter who wins, especially since the MVP is voted before the game is even over. It will be a game that comes down to the last 2 minutes.

MikeHaullace
01-24-2011, 01:36 AM
I want to see LaMarr Woodley take one to the house, 101 yards. :popcorn:

Third Rail
01-24-2011, 01:44 AM
Yes but I said assuming the writers don't give it to him no matter what, who do you think has a chance ?

Oh, whoops. Sorry, I'm a dick... I didn't read your post, I just saw the title and posted my thoughts, lol.

Anyway... probably Mendy if he has a big game or Wallace if he makes a bunch of important catches. Someone on defense also could be possible... Harrison or Woodley might have a big game since the Packers' O-Line isn't that great.

Although... We'll probably win the game but they'll still give the MVP to Rodgers because the media is so in love with him right now, lol.

SteelKnight
01-24-2011, 02:57 AM

I hope he gets it but Holmes deserved it last time because not only did he make "The catch" but he was responsible for the catch and run that got them in FG range in the first place. Had some other receiver made that earlier catch then Holmes made the final catch, I would agree it should have gone to ben. Besides, Ward was shut down for the game (injury) so Holes really had to step it up. He made like 3 catches that series...all 1st downs or TDs.

SteelKnight
01-24-2011, 03:00 AM
I want to see LaMarr Woodley take one to the house, 101 yards. :popcorn:

Bulaga has been having trouble so don't be surprised if Woodley has 2-3 sacks. I hope he can force at least 1 fumble.

MikeHaullace
01-24-2011, 03:00 AM
I hope he gets it but Holmes deserved it last time because not only did he make "The catch" but he was responsible for the catch and run that got them in FG range in the first place. Had some other receiver made that earlier catch then Holmes made the final catch, I would agree it should have gone to ben. Besides, Ward was shut down for the game (injury) so Holes really had to step it up. He made like 3 catches that series...all 1st downs or TDs.

About that final catch...

The play before, Ben delivered a perfect shot that went right through 'Tone's hands.

Ben was 2/2 with his throws in the red zone.

'Tone was 1/2 with his catches in the red zone

That situation was setup with a defender that slipped..

sarahpalinhater
01-24-2011, 03:03 AM

Sorry but that don't wash. Every QB who has won the award, you can make the same claim. Both Manning brothers had WR's make huge plays. Also, it's not like Holmes had to make spectacular catches on that drive. Ben was more responsible for pin-point passes to Holmes in double coverage. And Ben had to deal with a weak O-Line giving him no time for setting up. Ben had to create his own time. Sorry but no way did Santonio deserve that award over Ben...No way no how. And I will always believe that.

Neil-Still-Rules-14
01-24-2011, 03:04 AM
Lol I was confused as to how Ben didn't win it at 43. But either way, I want him to put up some ridiculous numbers so there's no argument this time.

MikeHaullace
01-24-2011, 03:04 AM
Sorry but that don't wash. Every QB who has won the award, you can make the same claim. Both Manning brothers had WR's make huge plays. Also, it's not like Holmes had to make spectacular catches on that drive. Ben was more responsible for pin-point passes to Holmes in double coverage. And Ben had to deal with a weak O-Line giving him no time for setting up. Ben had to create his own time. Sorry but no way did Santonio deserve that award over Ben...No way no how. And I will always believe that.

See? :iagree:

MikeHaullace
01-24-2011, 03:05 AM
Lol I was confused as to how Ben didn't win it at 43. But either way, I want him to put up some ridiculous numbers so there's no argument this time.

Wallace, Sanders, Brown, and Miller on turf... With Mendy and Redman...

OMGasm. This Super Bowl has the making of a memorable one.

El Nino
01-24-2011, 07:10 PM
Rashard Mendenhall

what's yours?

on a sidenote it would be funny as hell if James Harrison was the MVP and goodell had to hand him the trophy

lionslicer
01-24-2011, 07:13 PM
Isn't this already a thread?

I'm sure if Harrison won the MVP, Goodell would make someone else hand it to him.

El Nino
01-24-2011, 07:16 PM
Isn't this already a thread?

I'm sure if Harrison won the MVP, Goodell would make someone else hand it to him.

sorry didn't know that, mods delete this one then

PhantomJB93
01-24-2011, 07:18 PM
IF we win, I'm not sure who Id want to be MVP more.

Ben, to cap his story of redemption and finally elevate him to the "elite" statushe lacks in many people's eyes?

Or Harrison, to see the look on Goodell's face when he hands the trophy to the man who symbolizes the epitome of everything Goodell hates and is working to eradicate?

I think if I were betting money I would say Ben.

Aussie Steeler
01-24-2011, 07:28 PM
Ben will get his long overdue SB MVP.

cubanstogie
01-24-2011, 07:42 PM
Polamalu with 2 pics.

wutchy
01-24-2011, 08:09 PM
I don't think any steeler WR's are going to be MVP. Sam Shields, tramon williams, and Charles Woodson are on a par with the Jets DB's and i think they'll pretty much shut down the Steeler WR's.
At the same time, i think the Steeler DB's are good enough to shut down the Packer WR's.

TE's will be a different story. I think Troy can cover any TE easily. Clark can double cover the Packers deep threat, Jennings.

Packers safety Charlie Peprah is an under rated player, but Heath should be able to beat him on occassion. But not enough to earn MVP.

I think the Steelers will work a lot on roll out passing for the next two weeks because THAT is Bens strength. I think Mewelde Moore has the best hands out of the backfield.

My pick for super bowl MVP - MEWELDE MOORE. Thats not to say that Mendy and Redman won't get their chances. I just think that Mewelde has better hands and is a better open field runner. RAC's will earn him MVP. And he'll only need about 5 catches to do it.

Mendy and Redman will get yards between the tackles grudgingly. Maybe 50 yards rushing each. Packer DB's and LB's are good tacklers, so I don't think we'll see any long runs.

"IF" the Packers win, it will be because Jennings beat Ike deep and Clark doesn't get there to help. Jennings is the threat. Driver won't be able to beat Gay with the way he is playing. Jordy Nelson can't beat McFadden or any other Steeler DB.

If Ike shuts down Jennings, Steelers win because the Pack won't be able to put enough points on the board.

If Ben rolls out and waggles by design, we'll be okay. He is VERY effective when he does that. Miller, Ward, Brown, Sanders and RB's could kill the Pack with catches.

Ben could go 20 of 25 with 300 yards. I like Mewelde with the ball in his hands in space. Mewelde MVP.

wutchy
01-24-2011, 08:16 PM
Polamalu with 2 pics.

Troy should cover Crabtree. Or Starks out of the backfield. I don't think they'll throw to those guys much. Troy would have to bait Rodgers.
Steelers should be able to blitz the hell out of the LBs
because the Steeler DB's can cover the Packers WR's and Troy can cover their TE and Backs out of the backfield.

That frees up the LB's to get after Rodgers. With no one to throw to, Rodgers will have to beat the LB's with his feet. Which could get him knocked out. Literally.
I see a concussion in Rodgers immediate future.

Rick5895
01-24-2011, 08:20 PM
Mendy will be the Super Bowl MVP. We will run and have to run to keep Rodgers off the field and to neutralize "the bloodline" I see Rashard with 130-150 yards rushing 2 tds and 3 or 4 catches for another 20-30 yards.

wutchy
01-24-2011, 08:54 PM
Mendy will be the Super Bowl MVP. We will run and have to run to keep Rodgers off the field and to neutralize "the bloodline" I see Rashard with 130-150 yards rushing 2 tds and 3 or 4 catches for another 20-30 yards.

I wish i knew you, I'd bet you 150 bucks against 130 bucks that Mendy doesn't get 100 yards rushing.

I got respect for the Packer D. and their line. and their LB's. I don't see our O-line making too many holes. Mendy doesn't have the speed to run for big numbers outside. Actually, Mendy is slow for a RB. I seem to remember researching Mendys 40 time and found that he and the punter Sepulveda have the same 40 time. I think it was 4. 40

Atlanta Dan
01-24-2011, 08:59 PM
John Kuhn regardless of which team wins:chuckle:

cubanstogie
01-24-2011, 09:00 PM
I wish i knew you, I'd bet you 150 bucks against 130 bucks that Mendy doesn't get 100 yards rushing.

I got respect for the Packer D. and their line. and their LB's. I don't see our O-line making too many holes. Mendy doesn't have the speed to run for big numbers outside. Actually, Mendy is slow for a RB. I seem to remember researching Mendys 40 time and found that he and the punter Sepulveda have the same 40 time. I think it was 4. 40

just so I understand Mendy is too slow but your pick for mvp is Memo???

El Nino
01-24-2011, 09:01 PM

since when is 4.40 slow?

mendenhall's top speed isn't necessarily chris johnson but he can break tackles and is rather quick for someone his size, he makes people miss. If you get around them, even if they run a 4.2 they're not gonna be able to turn around and catch him until he's already 40 yards downfield.

green bay has the 18th ranked rushing D which is below average. we can run the ball on them, mendy for mvp isn't a long shot by any means.

Rick5895
01-25-2011, 05:01 AM

People come on here give there opinions, which in this thread was asked. Mendy ran for 127 yards against a helluva lot better run D in the Jets than the Pack have. YOU PICKED MOORE!!! 'nuff said there!!
Maybe you can manufacture that kind of output for a back like Moore playing madden but I will stand by my choice.

Aren't you the same guy that called our field a morgue.?

You truly say some odd things As for Mendy not being fast enough. Mendy went off tackle for 35 or so out running the LB's and safeties, ran very hard inside, gained yards when there was no hole. When you can debate with knowledge then come back a we'll debate until then Go Away!!

and BTW upon looking at the regular season the Jets were #3 vs the run the Pack # 18

Curtain_of_Steel
01-25-2011, 09:15 AM
I want Ben to win it. Than Harrison spears Goodell off the podium.

Ben shouldve received it last time, that drive was orchestrated and ran all by Ben. No one makes that pass. The other 2 were well run routes, but the ball still had to be on target. No other QB runs that drive like
Ben did.

Steelers>NFL
01-25-2011, 10:16 AM
Mr Clutch - rookie Antonio Brown.

He will return a KO for a TD. Plus catch one TD pass from Ben. Total 2 tds.
Then win MVP!

wutchy
01-25-2011, 11:01 AM
People come on here give there opinions, which in this thread was asked. Mendy ran for 127 yards against a helluva lot better run D in the Jets than the Pack have. YOU PICKED MOORE!!! 'nuff said there!!
Maybe you can manufacture that kind of output for a back like Moore playing madden but I will stand by my choice.

Aren't you the same guy that called our field a morgue.?

You truly say some odd things As for Mendy not being fast enough. Mendy went off tackle for 35 or so out running the LB's and safeties, ran very hard inside, gained yards when there was no hole. When you can debate with knowledge then come back a we'll debate until then Go Away!!

and BTW upon looking at the regular season the Jets were #3 vs the run the Pack # 18

Mendenhall has a good game against the jets, and the next thing you know, everybody is on the Mendy bandwagon.
I've never seen nor played any madden video games. I've never been in the same house as a video game. I know they are popular, but neither me nor any of my friends and business acquaintainces own a video. I have a TV, but it only gets turned on for Football and pay per view boxing.
I believe that Moore can win MVP because he has reliable hands out of the backfield.
Both teams play good deep pass defense. Both teams have good short passing games. Ben to Hines and Miller, and Rodgers with his three step drop ,timing passes. Running between the tackles will be difficult, I know Mendy got around the corner one time last week, but you don't see him beat defenders to the edge too often. And yeah, the morgue stadium showed up in the second half last week.

SteelCityMom
01-25-2011, 11:25 AM
Mendenhall has a good game against the jets, and the next thing you know, everybody is on the Mendy bandwagon.
I've never seen nor played any madden video games. I've never been in the same house as a video game. I know they are popular, but neither me nor any of my friends and business acquaintainces own a video. I have a TV, but it only gets turned on for Football and pay per view boxing.
I believe that Moore can win MVP because he has reliable hands out of the backfield.
Both teams play good deep pass defense. Both teams have good short passing games. Ben to Hines and Miller, and Rodgers with his three step drop ,timing passes. Running between the tackles will be difficult, I know Mendy got around the corner one time last week, but you don't see him beat defenders to the edge too often. And yeah, the morgue stadium showed up in the second half last week.

Did you really pick Moore? :toofunny:

I'm sorry, you may never have seen or played Madden...but it's true, that's the only place that Moore being MVP would happen (and even then it's an extremely long shot).

That's too funny though. Moore. :sofunny:

That's going to give me the giggles all day...thank you.

mcg24
02-01-2011, 11:52 PM
Did you really pick Moore? :toofunny:

I'm sorry, you may never have seen or played Madden...but it's true, that's the only place that Moore being MVP would happen (and even then it's an extremely long shot).

That's too funny though. Moore. :sofunny:

That's going to give me the giggles all day...thank you.

Well.....he also wants us to trade Roethlisberger for Vince Young. So.......

saveus1011
02-02-2011, 12:30 AM
It goes to Ben.

Neil-Still-Rules-14
02-02-2011, 12:35 AM
And yeah, the morgue stadium showed up in the second half last week.

It was 24-3. Really. Not too much to get excited about.