PDA

View Full Version : 2006 NFL Draft Day Thread.

Pages : 1 [2]

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
04-29-2006, 03:51 PM
I just think that Lendal is in the same role as Franco Harris was, a back up in college (fullback i think) and turns out better then his starter (cant think of the guys name...sorry wasnt born at the time)

Suitanim
04-29-2006, 03:53 PM
Seattle have to do DB/CB dont they? Its where the value was - their lack of depth there probably cost them a shot at winning the SB - the horrendous 3rd and 86 or whatever it was!?

NM

Seattle just lost the second best LG in football. They need to get Justice or Chester.

Livinginthe past
04-29-2006, 03:56 PM
So does anyone know who the hell McCargo is for the Bills?

I mean they have given up a 2nd and 3rd rounder just to trade up for him..seems like madness to me...long may it last.

NM

clevestinks
04-29-2006, 03:56 PM
I just think that Lendal is in the same role as Franco Harris was, a back up in college (fullback i think) and turns out better then his starter (cant think of the guys name...sorry wasnt born at the time)
Lydell Mitchell I think!

Livinginthe past
04-29-2006, 03:58 PM
Seattle just lost the second best LG in football. They need to get Justice or Chester.

Well Justice has certainly fallen into their laps - I just wonder why no-one else has reached out for him LT is pretty key.

NM

MasterOfPuppets
04-29-2006, 03:58 PM
Lydell Mitchell I think!
or bennett from florida state- packers

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
04-29-2006, 03:59 PM
Lydell Mitchell I think!
yes, thank you

tony hipchest
04-29-2006, 04:00 PM
I'm not so sure about that...I think Nance and Robinson may still come into play later on tonight or early tomorrow.

later on tonight? are you looking at a trade up into the 3rd? cant take either in the 2nd. im hoping for rod wright (id definitely be happy with k. simpson). but defense should be addressed nex. ben has been given the biggest gift he could expect. now its time to give a bone to cowher and lebeau.

k. jennings to seattle? good luck with that pick. theyre calling it a "safe pick"

i sure hope l. white doesnt go to dallas. cmon jets!

Livinginthe past
04-29-2006, 04:00 PM
Well DB it is for Seattle. Bit of depth wont hurt them.

Justice has to be one of the biggest fallers so far....

NM

Suitanim
04-29-2006, 04:01 PM
Well, there were some real reaches in the first. The Steelers will get some real value in the the second. I have about 8 first round guys still on the board as the 2nd round begins.

Livinginthe past
04-29-2006, 04:02 PM
I have a feeling that the Giants have to back their investment in Manning II - I think Wr..and if not then OL...cmon wheres the Justice at?

Edit : I appear to be getting a little obsessed with Justice..and I have no idea why.

NM

tony hipchest
04-29-2006, 04:02 PM
anyone doubt texans take ol????

d. ryans! good pick. still thought theyd go ol

i thought for sure justice. i guess it takes d to stop manning though.

turf, id like to re introduce you to carrs back.

Suitanim
04-29-2006, 04:04 PM
Edit : I appear to be getting a little obsessed with Justice..and I have no idea why.

NM

Because he's the best natural RT in the draft. Ferguson is the best LT, but he needs more coaching.

Livinginthe past
04-29-2006, 04:05 PM
Nice pick for the Giants BC's Kiwanuka can be a real force at OLB or DE.

Nice value for pick 32 I think.

Ok..onto the 2nd round...no more mock predictions down on paper for this one.

NM

Livinginthe past
04-29-2006, 04:06 PM
anyone doubt texans take ol????

d. ryans! good pick. still thought theyd go ol

i thought for sure justice. i guess it takes d to stop manning though.

turf, id like to re introduce you to carrs back.

I thought for sure they would be going OL.

Still D is not a bad idea for the high picks.

NM

tony hipchest
04-29-2006, 04:07 PM
would s. holmes have dropped to us in the 1st? i think so.

Livinginthe past
04-29-2006, 04:08 PM
would s. holmes have dropped to us in the 1st? i think so.

In hind sight it looks that way - no more WR's have gone off the board since that pick. So I think its fair to say that no-one else was looking at WR as a priority..unless of course that Holmes is a cut above the competition!

NM

tony hipchest
04-29-2006, 04:09 PM
I thought for sure they would be going OL.

Still D is not a bad idea for the high picks.

NM help will definitely be there with a high 3rd and 4th. add the 2 d players to d. robinson and youre really starting to build something there.

Livinginthe past
04-29-2006, 04:12 PM
Saints traded to the Browns?

Oh dear - there goes half of my preferred ILB options...and to Crennel of all people..who woulda thought? :dang:

NM

Suitanim
04-29-2006, 04:12 PM
The Steelers knew what they were doing.

pucho58
04-29-2006, 04:24 PM
I like the first pick; we needed a speedy wr to spread the field.

tony hipchest
04-29-2006, 04:24 PM
In hind sight it looks that way - no more WR's have gone off the board since that pick. So I think its fair to say that no-one else was looking at WR as a priority..unless of course that Holmes is a cut above the competition!

NM i thought that in foresight. especially when neither holmes or jackson had been taken by sd, pats, tb, etc. i thought for sure the giants had the steelers convinced they were gonna take l. white. i bet they played the holmes card just to force a trade. igants probably had jackson as their #1 rated wr anyways.

well now we know where j. faine goes. that explains the browns moving up with the trade to the saints. good move for the saints. they dont drop back in the 2nd too far and still plenty off good players.

Livinginthe past
04-29-2006, 04:25 PM
Here come the Pats..who's it gonna be?

exciting stuff.

NM

Livinginthe past
04-29-2006, 04:28 PM
Well thats a nice pick.

2nd best Wr to go along with the 2nd best RB.

Has to be LB's from here on out to the late rounds.

NM

tony hipchest
04-29-2006, 04:28 PM
hmmm. patriots move up for c. jackson. im willing to bet they got better value for their trade too. id have to say thats a coup for the pats.

MasterOfPuppets
04-29-2006, 04:33 PM
Well thats a nice pick.

2nd best Wr to go along with the 2nd best RB.

Has to be LB's from here on out to the late rounds.

NM
i'm sure brady is very happy.

Livinginthe past
04-29-2006, 04:33 PM
The Redskins have come in with an early challenge to 'most unpredictable draft'.

They traded next years 2nd round pick, and 6th rounder this year in order to get another Rb I have hever heard of (Rocky McIntosh)

Wow..maybe all the talk about lendale White pulling a Clarett wasnt so crazy after all.

How many more RB's are going to go ahead of him?

NM

tony hipchest
04-29-2006, 04:34 PM
[QUOTE=tony hipchest]i thought that in foresight. especially when neither holmes or jackson had been taken by sd, pats, tb, etc. QUOTE]

speaking of the pats and jackson...... looks like the pats had their finger on the pulse as far as far as getting a wr was concerned. they did give up their 3rd rounder (but not a 4th). to think the steelers coulda had jackson, and l. white. :dang: (holmes will be the better wr though- especially with a strong armed sb winning qb throwing to him :cool: )

tony hipchest
04-29-2006, 04:36 PM
The Redskins have come in with an early challenge to 'most unpredictable draft'.

They traded next years 2nd round pick, and 6th rounder this year in order to get another Rb I have hever heard of (Rocky McIntosh)

Wow..maybe all the talk about lendale White pulling a Clarett wasnt so crazy after all.

How many more RB's are going to go ahead of him?

NM i thought rocky was an lb. regardless washington dont care about draftpick.

did atl just trade up for marcus vick from VT???? :sofunny:

Livinginthe past
04-29-2006, 04:40 PM
i thought rocky was an lb. regardless washington dont care about draftpick.

did atl just trade up for marcus vick from VT???? :sofunny:

Just checked nfl.com and you are right..doesnt even say his name is rocky (like on ESPN) and it lists his position as LB.

I had my eyes on the LB depth, becasue of the pats needs, and have still never heard of him.

NM

MasterOfPuppets
04-29-2006, 04:40 PM
will bing or simpson fall to 64??

Livinginthe past
04-29-2006, 04:42 PM
I think the pats done ok out of the trade...we gave up a 3rd rounder..but we still have another one anyway.

NM

tony hipchest
04-29-2006, 04:47 PM
will bing or simpson fall to 64?? i like that. probably ko.

Suitanim
04-29-2006, 04:48 PM

The way things are going, Ko may very well be there...

tony hipchest
04-29-2006, 04:48 PM
philly makes a great trade to get w. justice. some had them taking n. mangold with their 1st pick.

Livinginthe past
04-29-2006, 04:49 PM
Finally my vigil for Justice is at an end...the Eagles pick up Winstone at an excellently valued pick 39.

Mind you, its not as if the eagles line needs to learn how to run block is it....?

NM

tony hipchest
04-29-2006, 04:53 PM
Finally my vigil for Justice is at an end...the Eagles pick up Winstone at an excellently valued pick 39.

Mind you, its not as if the eagles line needs to learn how to run block is it....?

NM if they woulda taken l. white maybe. im suprised both they and denver has passed in the 2nd round. maybe lendale drops to #64. t. howard utep to the pats? i hope not. i wanna root for him wherever he goes.

(my bad, i missed oakland taking him... *sigh*) good for him though and good pick for the raiders

3 to be 4
04-29-2006, 04:55 PM
[QUOTE=tony hipchest]hmmm. patriots move up for c. jackson. im willing to bet they got better value for their trade too. id have to say thats a coup for the pats.[/QUOTE

i do like that one for sure. Branch and Jackson make a nice combo with Watson and a healthy OL this year.

tony hipchest
04-29-2006, 04:57 PM
d. bullocks. great pick for the lions. especially since many had them taking m. huff.

Livinginthe past
04-29-2006, 04:58 PM
if they woulda taken l. white maybe. im suprised both they and denver has passed in the 2nd round. maybe lendale drops to #64. t. howard utep to the pats? i hope not. i wanna root for him wherever he goes.

(my bad, i missed oakland taking him... *sigh*) good for him though and good pick for the raiders

Im starting to lean (not becasue of beer consumption) towards a more inside oritentated LB pick.

They are often found later in the draft due to the lack of glamour associated with their position. I still like Abdul Hodge or Kai Parham.

Wouldnt put it beyond us to pick up an OLB tweener aswell.

NM

3 to be 4
04-29-2006, 04:58 PM
the Lions needed to draft more WR's!!!

tony hipchest
04-29-2006, 04:59 PM
[QUOTE=tony hipchest]hmmm. patriots move up for c. jackson. im willing to bet they got better value for their trade too. id have to say thats a coup for the pats.[/QUOTE

i do like that one for sure. Branch and Jackson make a nice combo with Watson and a healthy OL this year.many thought the pats should take a wr with their #1. good job of guaging the market imo. having the flexibility of extra draftpicks definitely helps. this proves my theory that the steelers, pats and eagles are the best at exploiting these extra picks, year after year, to give them flexibility.

CantStop85
04-29-2006, 05:03 PM
I think the Bengals will either go after Ko Simpson or Leonard Pope at 55.

tony hipchest
04-29-2006, 05:04 PM
i agree with t. holt (he said m. faulk wasnt a chiseled guy) where does l. white go????? where did denver trade down to???? i think theyre gonna get a great deal if they take him in the mid 2nd.

Livinginthe past
04-29-2006, 05:06 PM
There seem to be quite a few safeties disappearing of the board who aren't named Simpson or Bing.

Maybe safety is just a tough position to translate to the pro's.

NM

Suitanim
04-29-2006, 05:08 PM
Here goes Croyle...as soon as the NY Jets pick, he's off the board.

tony hipchest
04-29-2006, 05:18 PM
tennesee gets lendale white. :dang: v. young and white. looks like their offensive future is set.

3 to be 4
04-29-2006, 05:20 PM
tennesee gets lendale white. :darn: v. young and white. looks like their offensive future is set.

wow! no trouble selling tickets in Nashville this year!

Steve and Eddie Who??

tony hipchest
04-29-2006, 05:23 PM
wow! no trouble selling tickets in Nashville this year!

Steve and Eddie Who?? yep. and i just noticed this thread says 2005 draft day thread. wtf?

MasterOfPuppets
04-29-2006, 05:25 PM
yep. and i just noticed this thread says 2005 draft day thread. wtf?
i hope we take heath....:sofunny:

tony hipchest
04-29-2006, 05:25 PM
damn. i saw the giant pick up moss but didnt realise it was another trade up. this draft is moving much faster than expected. so is the beer consumption

3 to be 4
04-29-2006, 05:28 PM
i hope we take heath....:sofunny:

Manning or Leaf???

Livinginthe past
04-29-2006, 05:29 PM
tennesee gets lendale white. :dang: v. young and white. looks like their offensive future is set.

There is certainly star potential there in both players - but I think you are looking at possibly the two most high profile potential busts also.

Lendales draft lead-up, and Youngs questionable ability to make his game translate to the pro's could lead to a disaster for Tennessee.

NM

Livinginthe past
04-29-2006, 05:33 PM
damn. i saw the giant pick up moss but didnt realise it was another trade up. this draft is moving much faster than expected. so is the beer consumption

Its weird to think that a bunch of us are getting slowly (or maybe not slowly) wasted on both sides of the Atlantic while basically watching text update itself on an internet site.

The wonders of the modern technology (and not so modern alcohol) eh?

NM

Suitanim
04-29-2006, 05:34 PM
Tennessee wil be fine...they know to handle Young with kid gloves, let Billy Voleck start, use Young sparingly and bring him along like they did McNair. White can play right away, andbe productive.

tony hipchest
04-29-2006, 05:37 PM
There is certainly star potential there in both players - but I think you are looking at possibly the two most high profile potential busts also.

Lendales draft lead-up, and Youngs questionable ability to make his game translate to the pro's could lead to a disaster for Tennessee.

NMso true. and the steelers didnt need lendale or a qb as bad as tennessee did. im glad hes in the afc south. looks like they have definitely gotten tougher on the whole, as a conferrence, and it will be fun watching them beat eachother up.

wow. jets and dallas trade. boomer says brode croyle. i dont ever remember this many 2nd round trades.!

MasterOfPuppets
04-29-2006, 05:37 PM
Its weird to think that a bunch of us are getting slowly (or maybe not slowly) wasted on both sides of the Atlantic while basically watching text update itself on an internet site.

The wonders of the modern technology (and not so modern alcohol) eh?

NM
do you get espn over there???:alcoholic

Livinginthe past
04-29-2006, 05:39 PM
do you get espn over there???:alcoholic

I could pay for it - but its not really worth it as I am not a big fan of any other American sports.

We get 2 live games every sunday and the monday night game aswell.

ESPN website and NFL.com is more than enough.

NM

tony hipchest
04-29-2006, 05:39 PM
Tennessee wil be fine...they know to handle Young with kid gloves, let Billy Voleck start, use Young sparingly and bring him along like they did McNair. White can play right away, andbe productive. and steal the starting job from c. brown. i just hope, some how, some way it is mcnair tutoring young. otherwise WE MUST BREAK HIM

Livinginthe past
04-29-2006, 05:41 PM
Chris Brown could well be the prototype 3rd down back.

Explosive but brittle - if you take his work load away he could work well with workhorse Lendale.

NM

Livinginthe past
04-29-2006, 05:49 PM
Kellen Clemens has gone to the Jets - maybe we will get to see if Merril Hoge was right with his controversial prediction (that he was the most NFl ready QB in the draft)

NM

clevestinks
04-29-2006, 05:51 PM
Kellen Clemens has gone to the Jets - maybe we will get to see if Merril Hoge was right with his controversial prediction (that he was the most NFl ready QB in the draft)

NM
As a former Steeler, you can bank on his words! LOL

tony hipchest
04-29-2006, 05:54 PM
NM center ryan cook is a 2nd rounder to the vikes. high price but i gotta root for the lobos. at least its not stoney case.

boLT fan
04-29-2006, 05:57 PM
As a Charger fan, this draft has been awesome. Cromartie and McNeil, two picks who I wanted for a long time. This makes up for our lack of offseason activity, IMO.

tony hipchest
04-29-2006, 06:02 PM
dallas takes a nd te with their 2nd. lmao! dumbasses (a. fasano)

Livinginthe past
04-29-2006, 06:03 PM
As a Charger fan, this draft has been awesome. Cromartie and McNeil, two picks who I wanted for a long time. This makes up for our lack of offseason activity, IMO.

Chargers are in a very healthy position for next year.

CB/DB needed to be addressed because the run D is set and was No.1 ranked, and there maybe some drop off while Rivers gets up to running speed.

But it is mental lapses and poor decision making (on tha part of the management) that is holding the chargers back..if they can get that right, then the Chargers have one of the few teams in the NFL to be feared.

NM

BlitzburghRockCity
04-29-2006, 06:06 PM
The bolts are going to need everybit of that great defense and every bit of Tomlinson and Gates to help Rivers along becuz he's going to struggle in the beginning. He's still basically a rookie.

Ambridge
04-29-2006, 06:14 PM

I'd be nervous about Cromartie.
I believe he only had 12 starts at FSU and missed the entire '05 with a torn ACL.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-29-2006, 06:16 PM
Weren't the espn guys calling Cromartie kind of a 1 year wonder, due to the injury ? Still a huge upside though none the less.

Ambridge
04-29-2006, 06:18 PM

Lendale and Vince should immediatley start hanging out with Pac Man Jones.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-29-2006, 06:19 PM
Yeah that'll be ticket for a successful rookie year!! :toofunny:

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
04-29-2006, 06:28 PM
Steelers still have a third round pick due to compensation picks right?

MasterOfPuppets
04-29-2006, 06:30 PM
Steelers still have a third round pick due to compensation picks right?
nope

tony hipchest
04-29-2006, 06:33 PM
after steelers pick at 64 might as well go to bed or take a nap.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-29-2006, 06:36 PM
Unless we can pull a deal to move up, then yeah our day is done after pick #64, but look for us to have a good day tomorrow as well. We have our starters set a jsut about every position so if we have a few extra picks, why not try and package them and move up to get some quality players? we'll see, stay tuned...

MasterOfPuppets
04-29-2006, 06:48 PM
looks like ko simpson may fall to us...:bouncy:

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
04-29-2006, 06:53 PM
Texans had a great 2 round draft..........very impressive
and whats with atlanta falcons and virginia tech players...that makes 5 on the roster

clevestinks
04-29-2006, 06:54 PM
Now if your QB can really play??? Not saying he can`t but it was a gamble giving up Brees

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
04-29-2006, 07:03 PM
ko simpson or bing would be a nice pick but we payed clardk good money and i think he can be a leader on defense,
we need to address our rb, ol, or defensive front

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
04-29-2006, 07:06 PM
COLTS:
5'7'' at corner back.
average receiver is 6'0 + not good pick for second round

BlitzburghRockCity
04-29-2006, 07:09 PM
Bill Polian likes those smaller players, but ones that have alot of heart and are his definition of a "football" player. He's never been afraid to take a smaller guy so it could work out well. But I hope his vertical jump is high :laughing:

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
04-29-2006, 07:15 PM
who did the steelers get?
never mind
traded to min.

Livinginthe past
04-29-2006, 07:19 PM
Damn it - thats another Patriots tweener off the board this time to Seattle.

I had Daryll tapp as a 3rd rounder he projects well as a pass rusher.

NM

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
04-29-2006, 07:19 PM
i think we got two 3rd round picks for trading that to minn.

Livinginthe past
04-29-2006, 07:20 PM
Steelers back into the 3rd round with two late round picks.#83 and #95

Seems pretty savvy on the face of it.

NM

Livinginthe past
04-29-2006, 07:24 PM
Oh man, im just about out of LB'ers that I know.

Thats Abdul Hodge off the board to Green bay.

Only really Kai Parham left that I can remember.

NM

BlitzburghRockCity
04-29-2006, 07:27 PM
Steelers back into the 3rd round with two late round picks.#83 and #95

Seems pretty savvy on the face of it.

NM

:iagree:

3rd round picks work out well for us and if we didnt find anybody we wanted in the 2nd or felt we could get him in the 3rd then it makes all kinds of sense, but it is a bit of a risk so we'll see.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-29-2006, 07:28 PM
Ashton Youboty has to be pissed off that he dropped to the 3rd round !

Livinginthe past
04-29-2006, 07:32 PM
Ashton Youboty has to be pissed off that he dropped to the 3rd round !

Im hearing 'project' and im hearing 'lots of upside' - maybe not the best fit for team that is struggling so badly.

They still have Nate Clements who is one of the Elite CB's in the NFL already, so I guess they can patch him in at nickel while gets accustomed.

Still if he makes it in the NFL at least he has a good nickname : Ashton 'shake' Youboty

NM

BlitzburghRockCity
04-29-2006, 07:37 PM
Im hearing 'project' and im hearing 'lots of upside' - maybe not the best fit for team that is struggling so badly.

They still have Nate Clements who is one of the Elite CB's in the NFL already, so I guess they can patch him in at nickel while gets accustomed.

Still if he makes it in the NFL at least he has a good nickname : Ashton 'shake' Youboty

NM

project and lots of upside can be a curse as much of a compliment.. usually end up being boom or busts.

Ashton 'shake' Youboty - you know some fan is already working on making that banner for the stadium right now :laughing:

Livinginthe past
04-29-2006, 07:46 PM
I wonder how long Stovall is going to last - he was a big favorite as a projcted Pats player...I dont suppose they would go WR again if he was still available.

If its best player available then maybe they will......

NM

Livinginthe past
04-29-2006, 07:48 PM
Maybe ill just start a seperate thread so I can cry about every single LB i know from the draft being selected before the Pats can get him in the 3rd :crying01:

Thats Schlegel gone now..looks like we will have to do as Tony says and look small school DE/OLB tweener.

NM

tony hipchest
04-29-2006, 07:52 PM
Thats Schlegel gone now..looks like we will have to do as Tony says and look small school DE/OLB tweener.

NM

HEY! get your own method! (other than plucking them off the steelers bench of course)

tony hipchest
04-29-2006, 07:55 PM
so minnesota gave up 2 3rds for our 2nd? great deal and makes up for trading up for holmes in the 1st. in fact, we can just look at it as having holmes fall to us in the 1st if we take a safety with our newfound 1st 3rd.

Livinginthe past
04-29-2006, 07:56 PM
HEY! get your own method! (other than plucking them off the steelers bench of course)

Things have moved on Tony - these days we look to the benches of Defensive powerhouses such as Kansas City and Arizona Cardinals for our superstars :cool:

NM

tony hipchest
04-29-2006, 07:58 PM
Things have moved on Tony - these days we look to the benches of Defensive powerhouses such as Kansas City and Arizona Cardinals for our superstars :cool:

NM

:toofunny: you dont know how bad i wish you werent kidding.

Livinginthe past
04-29-2006, 08:04 PM
Pittsburgh up next...I wonder who they will go with...one of the Safeties surely?

NM

boLT fan
04-29-2006, 08:12 PM
Ok, this Whitehurst pick was a wasted pick. A QB in the 3rd round? That's really stupid.

tony hipchest
04-29-2006, 08:13 PM
Pittsburgh up next...I wonder who they will go with...one of the Safeties surely?

NM not the safety that i was thinking but we got one nevertheless. probably didnt overpay in the 3rd round. plus it took hope quite a while to crack the line up. probably the same here

tony hipchest
04-29-2006, 08:16 PM
patriots take another te in the 3rd. any suprise there???? :sofunny:

Livinginthe past
04-29-2006, 08:22 PM
patriots take another te in the 3rd. any suprise there???? :sofunny:

On a positive note - Graham will be out of contract soon.

On a negative note im bored with TightEnds.

Despite the great picks at offensive skills positions the Pats have been left between a rock and a hard place when it comes to the LB corps.

There has been such a run on them, that the ones left are not worth a 1st day pick - hopefully we will pick something up tomorrow.

On another positive note (I like to try and finish on a positive note) the Pats have been sh*t hot at picking TE's that fit their scheme.

So there.

Bed time for me.

its 2.30 am and I have to be up early to cut a tree down....no really....a huge tree...

NM

tony hipchest
04-29-2006, 08:28 PM
On a positive note - Graham will be out of contract soon.

On a negative note im bored with TightEnds.

Despite the great picks at offensive skills positions the Pats have been left between a rock and a hard place when it comes to the LB corps.

There has been such a run on them, that the ones left are not worth a 1st day pick - hopefully we will pick something up tomorrow.

On another positive note (I like to try and finish on a positive note) the Pats have been sh*t hot at picking TE's that fit their scheme.

So there.

Bed time for me.

its 2.30 am and I have to be up early to cut a tree down....no really....a huge tree...

NM must be late in your neck of the woods. better luck with your tree than your annual te pick.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-29-2006, 08:35 PM
Poor tree, what kinda person are you! :laughing:

tony hipchest
04-29-2006, 08:39 PM
Poor tree, what kinda person are you! :laughing: lol. definitely not a seattle fan (except maybe for last years sb) :busted:

hardwork
04-29-2006, 08:43 PM
must be late in your neck of the woods. better luck with your tree than your annual te pick.

Hey, we've picked some good TEs. One was All World, remember?

tony hipchest
04-29-2006, 09:11 PM
Hey, we've picked some good TEs. One was All World, remember? after the emergance of watson i wouldnt think te was a 1st day priority for the pats. they may be anticipating the f.a.' $$$$'s he will command in a year or 2, and the steelers didnt release j. tuman, so i can see why the pats went in this direction.

3 to be 4
04-29-2006, 09:51 PM
Patriots got good value with their 3 picks but didnt help the D at all. they must be thinking they'll be help available after June 1st.

tony hipchest
04-29-2006, 10:52 PM
Patriots got good value with their 3 picks but didnt help the D at all. they must be thinking they'll be help available after June 1st.they dont need help at d. they got crennell. oh wait....they got mangini.....oh wait they got pees. like they say: belichick + brady. why waste picks on defense?

3 to be 4
04-30-2006, 07:40 AM
they dont need help at d. they got crennell. oh wait....they got mangini.....oh wait they got pees. like they say: belichick + brady. why waste picks on defense?

its funny. every year i get all fixed on LB's and every year he never picks one. I guess with his system he really wants veterans handling the LB responsibilities. lets hope hes not counting on Marty Beisel or Chad Brown caliber FA pickups.

tony hipchest
04-30-2006, 09:17 AM
its funny. every year i get all fixed on LB's and every year he never picks one. I guess with his system he really wants veterans handling the LB responsibilities. lets hope hes not counting on Marty Beisel or Chad Brown caliber FA pickups.with the salary cap going up alot of the type of players you mentionned wont be getting dropped this year.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-30-2006, 10:04 AM
Already lets get this party started !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tony hipchest
04-30-2006, 10:16 AM
max jean gilles is a bohemoth. what a gem for philly.

SteelerDan43
04-30-2006, 10:19 AM
Mike Robinson just taken by the 49ers!

BlitzburghRockCity
04-30-2006, 10:21 AM
Damn !!!!!!!!!!!!!! He would have been an interesting prospect. Especially since he liked playing QB.

tony hipchest
04-30-2006, 10:26 AM
this is a bummer. robinson coulda easilly played all over the field for the steelers, i cant believe, him, darnell bing and m. jean giles are just sitting there to be plucked. this woulda been a great year to have 3 early 4th rounders. hopefully rod wright or maybe even ko simpson drop to us.

Prosdo
04-30-2006, 10:31 AM
There just went Ko Simpson. Surprised he went down that far.

SteelerDan43
04-30-2006, 10:32 AM
There are some really good players going right now, with these names it sounds more like the second or third round not the fourth

tony hipchest
04-30-2006, 10:33 AM
this is a bummer. robinson coulda easilly played all over the field for the steelers, i cant believe, him, darnell bing and m. jean giles are just sitting there to be plucked. this woulda been a great year to have 3 early 4th rounders. hopefully rod wright or maybe even ko simpson drop to us.lol. maybe not. there goes ko.

looking bad for patriots, buffalo looks dedicated to shutting down brady and their spread em out passing attack.

simpson
youboty
whitner

Prosdo
04-30-2006, 10:34 AM
The Pats took a TE?

tony hipchest
04-30-2006, 10:35 AM
another te to the patriots???? :toofunny:

BlitzburghRockCity
04-30-2006, 10:35 AM
What about Poluzky, LB from Penn State.. I seem to remember him coming out, even though he had an injury.

Anybody have any updates on him?

BlitzburghRockCity
04-30-2006, 10:36 AM
Interesting draft by the Pats to say the least... Maroney was a great pick, but after that its a head scratcher.

Prosdo
04-30-2006, 10:37 AM
I think he stayed in school.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-30-2006, 10:38 AM
I could have sworn I saw him saying about coming out but I never researched it.. damn. plus he had that knee injury in the bowl game too..

DIESELMAN
04-30-2006, 10:49 AM
Browns going after Watkins? Safety?

DIESELMAN
04-30-2006, 10:51 AM
Blue is still on the board too...

SteelCityMan786
04-30-2006, 11:01 AM
one of the big surprises. Robinson a Day 2 Pick. I thought he'd be a 3rd Rounder.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-30-2006, 11:06 AM
Browns going after Watkins? Safety?

Crennel is trying to rebuild that sorry ass defense, but didnt they already take a decent safety?

BlitzburghRockCity
04-30-2006, 11:07 AM
13 picks to go till we're up again !!

Prosdo
04-30-2006, 11:11 AM
Very interested to see who it is. I think its a running back. Wali Lundy or Cedric Humes.

DIESELMAN
04-30-2006, 11:14 AM
Crennel is trying to rebuild that sorry ass defense, but didnt they already take a decent safety?
Nope they took Wimbley in the first followed by Jackson ILB, Wilson WR, Williams OLB and Sowells OL. They got the 12th pick in the 5th.

SteelCityMan786
04-30-2006, 11:19 AM
Nope they took Wimbley in the first followed by Jackson ILB, Wilson WR, Williams OLB and Sowells OL. They got the 12th pick in the 5th.

The Browns will try to **** up any chances of making the playoffs now. They don't use their best players to their full potential.

SteelCityMan786
04-30-2006, 11:21 AM
6 More To Go

BlitzburghRockCity
04-30-2006, 11:22 AM

Oh thats right, it was the Bengals that took a safety early.. thanks, rep points to you.

DIESELMAN
04-30-2006, 11:23 AM
We need a DE, RB, OT and a OLB not necessarily in that order

Prosdo
04-30-2006, 11:24 AM
I agree Diesel. Those are some definite needs.

DIESELMAN
04-30-2006, 11:25 AM
Humes is still available.......so far

BlitzburghRockCity
04-30-2006, 11:25 AM
Depth Depth Depth at the OL.. we better get atleast one OL in this draft !

SteelCityMan786
04-30-2006, 11:27 AM
Wouldn't hurt to use our compensatory pick this round on one. We have 2 Now

DIESELMAN
04-30-2006, 11:30 AM
I like Guy Whimper from E. Carolina

SteelCityMan786
04-30-2006, 11:31 AM
I'd take Matt Rice for a DE.

Prosdo
04-30-2006, 11:38 AM
Maybe it won't be a RB. Article on the Post-Gazette saying were eyeing up TJ Duckett for a 5th rounder.

Prosdo
04-30-2006, 11:42 AM
I like Guy Whimper from E. Carolina

He just went off the board.

DIESELMAN
04-30-2006, 11:42 AM
Damn and so did Elvis

Prosdo
04-30-2006, 11:47 AM
Steelers select Willie Colon OT

DIESELMAN
04-30-2006, 11:47 AM
we're up

tony hipchest
04-30-2006, 11:48 AM
another commercial during pittsburghs pick. wtf they did this all day yesterday.

BlitzburghRockCity
did we just trade ???
Nope

Willie Colon, OT, Hofsta

Prosdo
Willie Colon
Height: 6-2 7/8 | Weight: 333 | 40-Time: 5.26
Strengths:
Has good size and a big frame...Excellent technician...Solid athlete who moves well in a short area...Versatile and could play multiple positions...Plays to the whistle and beyond...Has lots of experience...Hard worker with good intangibles.

Weaknesses:
Did not play against a high level of competition...Has a hard time with speed off the edge...Struggles a bit in space...Is not as tall as you'd like...Is still very raw and will need to be developed...Will most likely have to make a position change.

Notes:
Redshirted as a freshman and began his career at defensive tackle before moving to the offensive line in 2003...Played offensive tackle in college but might move inside to guard in the pros...Top sleeper who is really moving up draft boards late.

DIESELMAN
NFL.com is way to slow

tony hipchest
04-30-2006, 11:49 AM
willie colon. ot hofstra. looks like we like the willies

BlitzburghRockCity
04-30-2006, 11:50 AM
There's the OL depth we had to address !! Nice job !!

Prosdo
04-30-2006, 11:50 AM
Now we got Orien Harris DT

Prosdo
04-30-2006, 11:51 AM
Orien Harris
Height: 6-3 1/4 | Weight: 301 | 40-Time: 5.27
Strengths:
Athletic with good quickness...Strong player who holds his ground at the point and gets a push...Solid run stuffer in the middle...Has a wide base...Plays with good leverage...Has a good closing burst and is a solid tackler...Experienced and has been fairly productive...Good character and team leader with excellent intangibles...Still has a bit of potential...Has strong professional bloodlines.

Weaknesses:
Has only average size...Is not very fast...Has short arms and does not use his hands well...Struggles to shed blocks...Lacks great range...Needs to develop additional pass rush moves...Has had injuries to his knee, elbow and shoulder which raises some minor durability questions...Needs to be more consistent.

Notes:
Is the brother of San Francisco 49'er and former first-round pick Kwame Harris...Interesting prospect who is probably a little overrated due to his name and the school he played for...Still has some upside and could develop but is not nearly the pro prospect it looked like he could have been earlier in his career.

DIESELMAN
04-30-2006, 11:54 AM
Now we got Orien Harris DT
That would be a good pick....

DIESELMAN
04-30-2006, 11:55 AM
We got him

DIESELMAN
04-30-2006, 11:57 AM
SWEET!!!!!

DIESELMAN
04-30-2006, 11:59 AM
Strengths: Is an explosive athlete with a good first step and quickness. Has a powerful upper body; uses strength to strike and quickly shed blockers. Plays with a wide base and good leverage. Shows great upside as a run stuffer; will improve with better use of hands. Is hard to move, holds his ground well at the line of scrimmage, locates the ball, sheds blocsk and pursues well. Is a powerful tackler who can force fumbles.

Weaknesses: Lacks ideal size and speed. Gets too upright, losing leverage when playing without discipline. Lacks a closing burst. Must improve technique, keeping pads lower for better leverage. Must learn to better identify pass plays and transition into pass rush. Is a durability concern because of knee and elbow injuries in ‘03.

Bottom line: Harris is a polished, complete player who could develop into a premier NFL run stuffer. He lacks some of the measurable skills of other prospects, but he is a productive defender who plays hard and has improved every year. He should be a late-Round 2 selection.

Dan Pompei analysis
Is quick with some pass-rush savvy. Can be slippery. Is effective on the move. Stunts well. Shows a nice first step. Is athletic and strong. Plays the run well. Shows instincts. Is more solid than flashy. Plays hard.
He also did 34 reps with 225lbs.

DIESELMAN
04-30-2006, 12:08 PM
I don't see anybody else needing a RB except maybe Denver.......maybe we'll get Humes if not maybe Bell or Lundy.......anyways its been a good 2nd round.....:helmet:

Lyn
04-30-2006, 12:08 PM
I hopwe they get TJ Duckett

Prosdo
04-30-2006, 12:09 PM
TJ Duckett for a 5th rounder. I'm for it.

Lyn
04-30-2006, 12:23 PM
He was not utilized in Atlanta, not for his ability. Sharing with Dunn. He was awesome at Michigan State then again maybe he is not pro level material. That would have to proven to me though

Prosdo
04-30-2006, 12:31 PM
If we don't trade for him I see us going RB in the fifth then.

SteelCityMan786
04-30-2006, 12:34 PM
I wonder how Reed And Harris will get along. Their from ACC Rival Schools.

Lyn
04-30-2006, 12:36 PM
Let's hope REAL WELL !~

LOL

Prosdo
04-30-2006, 12:46 PM
If we pick a RB what do you guys think Wali Lundy, Cedric Humes, Mike Bell?

BlitzburghRockCity
04-30-2006, 12:53 PM
Humes works for me...but I'd bet they are waiting till the absolute last second to see if we can pick up Duckett before deciding to take a RB today. We could use maybe another OL today too, as well as a QB prospect.

Prosdo
04-30-2006, 12:57 PM
I still can't believe Martin Nance hasn't been picked up

Lyn
04-30-2006, 12:58 PM
I think we need another veteran at the rb position.........as in Duckett :) he is alot like Bettis build wise

Lyn
04-30-2006, 01:00 PM
What about getting a C?

Livinginthe past
04-30-2006, 01:12 PM
Ok I chopped that tree down......

I think the Steelers go with the big man Gerald Riggs as their RB selection, probably in this round......

Injury problems apparently have lowered his stock,, but the potential to be the big north/south runner the Steelers want is there.....

NM

BlitzburghRockCity
04-30-2006, 01:14 PM
Riggs is an option for us, so is Humes..but word is we're trying to work out a trade with the Falcons for Duckett, so we'll see how it goes...

any time now, we're soon on the clock !

Prosdo
04-30-2006, 01:15 PM
Okay do we seriously go to a commercial every time we pick? lol

Livinginthe past
04-30-2006, 01:17 PM
Okay do we seriously go to a commercial every time we pick? lol

Unless they are showing Tony H's favorite advert (The SB XL DVD) it seems a little bit unfair :cool:

NM

Prosdo
04-30-2006, 01:17 PM
And the Steelers get........Omar Jacobs QB

Livinginthe past
04-30-2006, 01:19 PM
Well back up QB was a need I guess.

There are some gems to be had in the lower rounds - our top two QB's are from the last round.

NM

Lyn
04-30-2006, 01:22 PM
I suppose you are right. With injuries, etc you cannever have too many qbs

SteelCityMan786
04-30-2006, 01:23 PM
Just Omar won't start unless Big Ben And Batch are down. And Ben knowing him probably will fight any injury he gets as long as he doesn't have something majorly serious.

Prosdo
04-30-2006, 01:24 PM
And next we have....Charles Davis TE

SteelCityMan786
04-30-2006, 01:26 PM
I don't know if we really need to draft a TE Tuman and Miller decent already. yet it never hurts to have 3rd Stringers.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-30-2006, 01:30 PM
maybe they are working on Duckett with a 6 round pick and a current player???

Prosdo
04-30-2006, 01:30 PM
I hope

Lyn
04-30-2006, 01:33 PM
I agree!~

Prosdo
04-30-2006, 01:50 PM
I don't know about the Charles Davis pick. To me there are more useful guys. Our WR core is lacking a big guy. Why not pick up Martin Nance over a TE who probably doesn't have a chance. Even more what about RB? Cedric Humes, Mike Bell, Wali Lundy, Gerald Riggs Jr. They are there.

tony hipchest
04-30-2006, 02:00 PM
I don't know about the Charles Davis pick. . we had to snag him before the patriots jumped all over him. the pats are planning on having all these tight ends start playing linebacker in the reverse vrabel role.

crazy belichick always thinking hes ahead of the curve :mg: i got my eye on you 'chick!

Lyn
04-30-2006, 02:07 PM
I'm all for trading the 6th and 7th picks to Atlanta for Duckett if they will
take the deal

Prosdo
04-30-2006, 02:08 PM
Wali Lundy is gone now

Lyn
04-30-2006, 02:09 PM
I just found out that our 6th rounder (if we keep him anyway) is the
201st player of this draft.

Prosdo
04-30-2006, 02:10 PM
Steelers have thrown me for some loops so I am really interested to see how it is!

Lyn
04-30-2006, 02:20 PM
They may be picking to trade away, lets hope:)

Prosdo
04-30-2006, 02:20 PM
Keeping my fingers crossed!

SteelCityMan786
04-30-2006, 02:29 PM
Waiting for pick 201

tony hipchest
04-30-2006, 02:57 PM
once again the steelers are up to draft. once again espn breaks for comercial. this type of disrespect wasnt even bestowed on the patriots.

wtf

tony hipchest
04-30-2006, 02:59 PM
marvin phillip. center. ive seen him as high as the #4 center and projected as high as a 4th rounder. seems like quality talent at a late price.

SteelCityMan786
04-30-2006, 03:00 PM
As expected here comes a center

Prosdo
04-30-2006, 03:01 PM
And the Steelers add Marvin Philip C

SteelCityMan786
04-30-2006, 03:05 PM
And the Steelers add Marvin Philip C

He's from a good college team though

Prosdo
04-30-2006, 03:08 PM
I kind of see us picking up an undrafted RB now.

SteelCityMan786
04-30-2006, 03:08 PM
Might be Prosdo. No good drafties Left. from what I know

Prosdo
04-30-2006, 03:11 PM
Cedric Humes, Mike Bell, and Gerald Riggs Jr are still on the board.

Lyn
04-30-2006, 03:21 PM
I would rather have a veteran

tony hipchest
04-30-2006, 03:23 PM
I would rather have a veteranrookie ufa = $230,000
tj duckett = $1.4 mil. steelers will save an extra million and go with a rookie.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-30-2006, 04:14 PM
Ducket is still young and even though he may cost more, his upside is huge !! I'd take him in a hot second.

SteelCityMan786
04-30-2006, 04:25 PM
Hurry up 240

tony hipchest
04-30-2006, 04:26 PM
Ducket is still young and even though he may cost more, his upside is huge !! I'd take him in a hot second. i would to, especially on a cheap 4 year deal, but im not sure if we can afford him in a trade. maybe hes gonna be cut anyways. we could possibly use the money tied up in q. morgan for him. thes decisions will usually take place after the draft though.

SteelCityMan786
04-30-2006, 04:34 PM
Next In Line Final Pick Pittsburgh

tony hipchest
04-30-2006, 04:35 PM
pittsburgh up again at 240 for their final pick and whaddoyou know. another freaking commercial. what a fraud!

Prosdo
04-30-2006, 04:36 PM
Pick 240 & the Steelers select.....Cedric Humes

Lyn
04-30-2006, 04:41 PM
They end on a high note, nice player good value.

Lyn
04-30-2006, 04:48 PM
I would rather have TJ.

SteelCityMan786
04-30-2006, 04:49 PM
The Steelers have had yet again another good draft

tony hipchest
04-30-2006, 04:58 PM
will marcus vick be mr. irrelevant? of couse he will. the raiders have the last pick

tony hipchest
04-30-2006, 05:06 PM
lmao. all the raiderfans were chanting for marcus vick. no suprise there.

MasterOfPuppets
04-30-2006, 05:13 PM
lmao. all the raiderfans were chanting for marcus vick. no suprise there.
just shows how desperate they are for someone other than brooks. i was talking to a raider fan last night,and he was pissed that they didn't take lienert....:sofunny:

DIESELMAN
04-30-2006, 06:40 PM
LMFAO...........Vick didn't get drafted!!!!!

nwksteeler
04-30-2006, 07:17 PM
He did it to himself. That silver spoon doesn't taste well now. He has talent now let's see if he has desire.

SteelerzGirl
04-30-2006, 07:37 PM
LMFAO...........Vick didn't get drafted!!!!!

tehehe... I guess being Michael's little brother wasn't as important as he seemed to think it was, eh?

A big thank you to everyone who participated in this thread. I missed the entire draft yesterday due to being in my cousin's wedding, so I'm thankful to all of you who were here who kept those of us who couldn't watch the draft informed of how things came down. It was great reading all of your thoughts and comments. I expected nothing less of the members of Steelers Fever. Great job! :smile:

Suitanim
05-01-2006, 08:13 AM
Wow...nice draft. I'm glad we picked up Humes in #7. How about Ko Simpson AND Darnell Bing falling that far, and the Steelers taking a pass on both? How about Martin Nance, a WR some people were calling the 5th best in this draft getting skipped completely? We need to get him signed to a FA contract and get his ass into camp ASAP.

tony hipchest
05-01-2006, 10:09 AM
its crazy how much the steelers have affected other teams draft strategies and philosophies.

the success of our 3-4, has linebackers flying off the board.

ever since we moved up to draft polamalu the price for safeties has gone up considerably. (s. taylor, d. whitner, m. huff) everyones looking for the next troy.

ever since the success of randel el, teams are now looking for hybrid, gadget play quarterbacks to convert to wr/rb.

ill add rod wright to the list of suprise players who fell like a brick. and i bet chicago is thinking the same about giving nance a call (you just know the lions are too). urlacher may be looking for fellow alumn hank baskett to join him too.